• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Life on the Hellmouth

Alice furrowed his brows in thought. His father always had a book in hand but he didn't know if he had spotted one with that information in it. In the end it was Emily that answered." I found a few books on the subject when we were cleaning out the attic a few years back."

"So," Kirran began, taking a bite out of her candy, "you're not writing a book after all?" She grinned as she spoke, flashing her teeth, which were, unfortunately, also stained a light green color. "I'm in." Her statement was casual as she rocked back and forth on her heels, one of her hands behind her back, the other on the paper stick. She observed the others in the group, her eyes flashing to black, if only for a second, when spotting those that weren't human. "Quite the squad you've got there," she then said, though her voice was softer, more to herself than to anyone else.

Emily ever eager for a fight took offence in that statement."What's that supposed to mean?" Moving closer she got in her face snarling.

Alice rolled his eyes at his sisters antics exasperated. Even dead she tries to start stuff. Reaching forward he grasped her arm to pull her away. Emily stumbled back and landed in the chair still pulled out from her outburst.

"Good kitty." He teased smirking at her. She glared at him with hells fire burning in her eyes." I'll show you just how bad this Kitty can be."

"Promises promises." Alice taunted.

"Great, one more person to help out." Andy said, not completely sarcastic, but not entirely serious. When Emily got a little crazy Andy didn't say anything about it, but if she does this often, there may be issues in the future. "Maybe we should split up... Some of us find out more about the ritual and the rest of us go out and see if we can find a hell hound? We might be able to follow it back to whoever summoned them." She said, changing the subject.

"Emily, and I can try and get the ritual. Our father doesn't take kindly to those looking through his stuff. Andy, you and the others should go look for the hell hounds. The more people with you the more protected you'll be." Alice said serious once again.

"Fantastic," Andy said, genuinely happy at the fact that they had a plan, "Matt and... girl with the hair, lets go find some demon dogs." She looked glanced at the clock and realized it was later than she thought it was, I guess I spent more than a few hours in the library, she thought. That wasn't that bad though, the later it was the better chance they would have of finding the hell hounds. Of course, they would be a little short on weapons, meaning no weapons, but she didn't really expect to run into any hell hounds anyway. That and the fact that they didn't attack her last time, so she saw no reason why they would attack them this time. Hell hounds where stupid, but when they were given a task they rarely deviated from it.

(@Vyork Ashfin this might be a good place for your character to jump in. It will be dark when the group is looking for hell hounds, so that would work for a vampire.)

(Ok thanks for the heads up!) 
Jared sat under a tree and thought to himself. "Which little town can i go to next?" He never stayed in one place due to there usually being a witch hunt on him. Jared grabbed at his neck feeling where he had been bitten as a child. "I really wish that never happened.....what a nightmare my life is!" He shouted and pulled himself off the ground and began sniffing at the air. "humans....." Jared slipped into a hole under the tree and waited for them to pass by so he could attack.

"We should go. Lets meet at our place in two hours to go over what we found. Hopefully we can get this all figured out before morning." Alice said already heading out. Emily trailed behind him silently.

Keyla walks in the street, wandering by herself. Recently, she feels something weird is going on, even though she doesn't know what it is. So she decides to look around, searching for a clue for the reason behind her bad gut feeling. After walking a few miles away, she suddenly stopped across a big tree. Her sense telling her that there is something wrong with this tree, something is waiting for her to approach the site.

Wind blows away, making the trees sway as if it was moving. The leaves fall, smearing the ground with its number. Keyla takes one, two, three steps, moving closer to the tree.

Jared sat under the tree in a hole while his eyes glew in the dark. He began humming as Keyla aproached the tree. "Hello is somone there...my leg is caught on the tree." He said in a sad tone as he lied. "Can you please help me?" He asked from the shadows. Jared licked his fangs and smiled as he slowly got ready to attack Keyla. "I think my leg is broken...and I can't stand up!" He layed down and pretended to be hurt and in pain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hearing the cries for help, Keyla comes up to the tree. She crouched down, searching for the source of the sound. "Where are you? I can't help you if I couldn't see you, you know."

Jared reaches into his pocket and grabs a flashlight. He turns it on and signals Keyla over. "Finally someone has come to help me!" Jared stood up and laughed. "You are not the sharpest knife in the drawer." He said then leaned against a nearby tree. Jared showed his fangs and smiled. "It is a little late for a walk is it not?"

Andy waited a few seconds to see if anyone had any issues with the groups, and when there were none she turned and started to head for the library doors. "Let's go then, no time to lose." She said over her shoulder. "I think we should start in the lark, that's where they were last time. Unless either of you have a better idea."

Alice and Emily soon made it back home and made sure to stay quiet so their father wouldn't hear them walk up to the attic. He had a strict rule against going up there alone because of what they might stumble across. They weren't very worried as he was to busy dealing with a customer. to pay much attention to them.

The attic was lit by two bulbs that hung from the ceiling by small chains. It was dusty and overflowed with boxes, books, and other odds and ends like voodoo dolls and shrunken heads. They made sure to watch their step so they wouldn't step on something. Alice had done that once when he hadn't noticed a crystal ball laying on the floor; He hadn't been able to walk without a limp for over a week.

"Do you remember were you saw them?" Alice had to withhold a sigh when Emily shook her head no.

"Check inside those boxes then." Alice pointed toward a large stack of boxes played up against the far right wall that was overflowing with books."I will check those ones."

Emily nodded and did as told. When it came to things like research Alice was the boss. Alice wasted no time and began searching the piles upon piles of books that rested against the left wall.

Keyla knew already that she was being deceived by whatever thing that was awaiting her under the tree. And so, she wasn't very surprised when she saw him, the young man with his brown hair, smiling and showing his fangs to her. She crossed her arms, and presenting the brunette her flat expression. "Hello there, Mr. Vampire." she said. "Well, yeah, it's indeed a little too late for a walk but the breeze is really nice at this time of a day." Keyla's end of the lips raised a little. She looked away, closing her eyes and feels the gentle breeze caress her face. "Don't you think?"

Jared nodded and uncrossed his arms. "Yes the breeze is quite nice during this time of the year, But jumping to conclusions and calling people names is very rude." He frowns and pushes himself off the tree. "My name is Jared by the way." He lifts his arm for a handshake. Jared thought that it would be funny if he gave false hope to the young girl in front of him. His eyes are still glowing red in the dark. "I don't bite." He said then laughed and smiled at his own joke.

"Oh, hello then, Jared. Excuse my rudeness." Keyla says, smiling slightly. Keyla hesitated for a second to accept his handshake or not, but he sticks out her hand to accept the handshake, and shakes his hand anyway. "I'm Keyla."

The brunette stared, notices the red eyes that were glowing in the dark. That is definitely not an eye of a normal human, and she could feel a malicious and desirous aura coming from them. If he wasn't a vampire, what he was then? But he didn't exactly saying that he wasn't a vampire either. But if he were really a vampire, then she would be damned. Vampires are superiors from her and they are really overpowering her, if he were to attack her, then she would have no chance of winning. Maybe she should prepare for fleeing or something. Then Keyla asked the young man in front of her, to simply get rid of her confusion of whether he was really a vampire or not. "You are not a human, are you?"

When she again was faced with no answers Andy just assumed that the park would be a good idea, "To the park." She said, continuing to walk out of the library. She hoped they would run into anything too bad, at least nothing that they couldn't outrun. But more important than that, they needed to keep the hell hounds from killing anybody. "So wait have either of you had any experience with hell hounds before?" Andy asked Matt and the other girl that was with them, she didn't think she had caught her name before.

Jared's face turned neutral as Keyla asked if he were human or not. "I am not human? Yes that is correct." Jared smiled and tapped his fangs. "I am a vampire. You might have already put together that i was not a human due to the fact that my eyes glow and i have fangs." His expression went back to a neutral like state. "I still cant decide whether to kill you or not but you seem nice enough though. I am....not going to kill you maybe...." His eyes continued to glow as he stood there in front of Keyla. "So are you going to run? I could go for a nice jog. Or you could just...drop dead?" He laughed and leaned back up against the tree. "Wait....do you smell that? It smells like fear."

As they walked through the park Andy didn't see any thing that was of note. It all seemed pretty normal. Well, normal with the exception of the two people that were standing by a tree. It seemed a little late for people to just be having a casual discussion under a tree. But the fact that these people were around made Andy think that they might have saw something, or she could at least ask. "Hay!" Andy called to the two people, walking closer to them. "Have you guys seen any dogs around here? Like large, ugly, kind of look evil, dogs?" She asked.

(@Vyork Ashfin )

Jared turned his head towards the people that called to him. His eyes still glow red and bright in the dark. "Hell hounds? No now please excuse me, as my din.......friend and i are having a nice chat. You know that just ruined the mood....now i wont eat tonight thanks allot!" He shakes his head and walks towards Andy. "I am mad at you though...." Jared smiles and reveals his fangs unintentionally and does not notice. "Start running or drop dead like i told the girl behind me....{Points to Keyla then looks back at Andy.}...I will give you a head start."

"Are you serious right now? Really?" Andy said, " Of course of all people to run into it has to be a god damn vampire." She sighed and looked at the girl close to the tree and then back to the vampire. "You know, it's an absolute pleasure for me to keep you from killing people, but I actually need to save someone else, and I can't be worrying about a vampire flake that decided not to eat as soon as someone interrupts. So how about you turn around and walk away, and I'll go deal with something thats actually a danger." Andy was more than a little pissed off that this guy was trying to keep her from finding the hell hounds, whether is was intentional or not.

(@Vyork Ashfin )

"Found one!" Emily cheered widely waving a old brown leather bound book in the air excitedly. Alice started at the sudden noise dropping the book he had been looking through. It landed on the floor with a loud thud and they both froze looking at each other with wide eyes as they waited with baited breath. No sounds came from downstairs and after a moment when they didn't hear footsteps on the stairs they breathed simultaneous sighs of relief. Alice shot Emily a glare that weakened at her sorry smile.

Rolling his eyes in exasperation he waved her over and looked through the book to make sure it was the right one nodding in satisfaction when he found it was. Shooting Emily a pleased smile he motioned for her to follow him as he crept back upstairs. Sneaking to his room he grabbed everything they would need and shoved them in his bag before creeping back outside.

"Lets head to the park." Alice suggested though it was unneeded as they were already on the way. Emily nodded as she fished something from her canvas messenger bag."We may need these." She brought out two wicked looking daggers and handed him one.

"Perfect." Alice grinned baring sharp teeth. Tossing the dagger in the air he caught it by the tip before sliding it into his belt as a make shift sheath. Emily grinned copying him.

"What, are you mocking me?" she said, felt insulted, ready to transform into her real self. "I don't know why do you want to kill me, though. I can't be your food, you know." Keyla knows she doesn't stand a chance fighting a vampire, being a low-class demon she is. But if he really wants to kill her, for whatever his reason is, she at least can give a little fight back. It seems that the vampire is still viewing her as a human, as his dinner. It's a good thing, as she can jump at his awareness and attack him when he was unguarded.

And just then, a human called, a girl, asking whether the two of them had seen an ugly, evil-looking dog that the description just fits the hellhound. She rolled her eyes, sighing. Why a human must show up, now, out of all time? Keyla doesn't know if she could protect a human too, from this hungry vampire. That girl would end up as a burden to her.

But when the vampire talks to the human girl about him giving a head start for her to flee, then she gets annoyed, Keyla amused for a bit. Hearing from her comeback, she sounds like she could defend herself, pissing off a vampire like that. Maybe there is no need to worry about her. Keyla turns her head facing the human girl, and says, "No, I haven't seen any hellhound around."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back