Life is hard Isn't it ? [ Romance/Slice of life Roleplay ]

I set my menu back on table, looking back up at the waitress. "Yes we have, I'll have what she recommended, the yemista I think it was called. Yes, and what was it you said you wanted Mayako?" I handed the menu to the waitress as always.

"I'll have the yemista too," Mayako said, and handed their waitress the menus. "Good choice, very good! I'll be back with your food. Enjoy our atmosphere," with a polite bow Joanne walked away again.

"Anther, I was also thinking. Once the snow clears up would you want to go hiking or just a walk through the woods. There are some good spots there that I'd want to show you."

I nodded at the idea, putting my hand to my chin. "Yeah that sounds fun, you do always know where the best spots are it seems, considering that one hill." I thought back on the day, remembering us both blushing at about everything that happened.

Mayako smiled as she was briefly reminiscing about that time when she showed Anther that cherry blossom tree on the hill. It was the day when Anther told Mayako that he loved her. My heart's beating faster just thinking about that... she thought. "Yeah, and I passed out 'cause of you on that day," Mayako smiled, playfully punching his arm in a light way from across the table.

"But yeah, we'll go to those spots in the forest after the snow thaws, right?"

"Of course." I laughed a bit about that day, remembering that she did pass out, and I thought that it was rather cute the way she did it, knowing it was me that caused it. I grabbed her arm as she punched me, messing with her fingers a bit.

Mayako smiled softly in an almost timid way when Anther started messing with her fingers. "It was kind of embarrassing that I did that," she said, combing her fingers through her hair as she blushed. "Though, in the end I'm happy you said it to me..." Mayako added. "'Cause I love you too. And you know that."

I smiled as I grasped her hand. "Yeah, I know that by know. Good guess I think." I laughed a bit before letting go of her hand and reaching for the bottle, opening it, and pouring us each a glass, handing hers to her. I raised my glass up and tapped hers, taking a drink.

After Mayako tapped wine glasses with him she brought it to her lips and drank. To her this felt like a special night, and it was nice being with him. "I can't remember how long it's been since I've had this sort of drink," she told Anther. "How does it taste to you?"

I let the glass from my lips, letting out a refreshing sigh. "It taste great, though I'm not much into more fruity type drinks and such, if anything I might drink a beer here and there, but you've seen me do that before." I took another drink before setting my glass back down on the table.

Mayako smiled at Anther. "I'm glad you like it. I think the food is gonna be just as good too." Mayako wasn't much of a drinker herself, and therefore didn't know how much from an alcoholic beverage she could take before it started taking affect. I'll take small sips every once in a while, she thought.

Their waitress came walking back to their table, masterfully holding the big tray which held their orders. Mayako stomach quietly rumbled. "Your two yemista dishes," Joanne said, and carefully placed the food in front of them.

"Ooh~ Looks delicious," Mayako commented.

I looked at the dishes looking a bit puzzled. "Well I don't really know if it's suppose to look delicious or not." I smiled and bowed goodbye at the waitress as she left to the other tables. I un-rapped my utensils from the crisp white napkin, my eyes filled with wonder. "Well, better see what this is like."

Mayako took out her utensils as well and dug into the dish while using her knife to cut a piece of her food off. She tasted the hearty flavors inside of the crispy, slightly grilled vegetables. "Mm, I remember trying this for the first time when I came to Cerulean. Still as good as it was then." Mayako smiled. "Let me know what you think."

I shrugged my shoulders a bit and I took my knife and cut off a piece, taking a large bite and chewing it slowly. "Wow, this isn't actually too bad." I smiled and took another bite, tasting the array of different flavors. "Well, I guess I can always trust you on good food."

Mayako grinned, seeing Anther enjoy the food. "I'm glad like it. Next time I'm gonna have you try Hawaiian Punch mixed with Sprite. The two drinks together aren't bad," she said. Most people---especially her family members---may have thought it was strange that Mayako had these food combinations, but she was happy Anther accepted it and actually liked the things she suggested. With that, Mayako took another sip of her wine.

I had a rather interested look on my face as I cut out another piece. "Doesn't sound like it would be too bad, like a sparkly fruit punch." He ate the piece and washed it down with the wine. "I better watch myself, don't want to really go too overboard you know?"

Mayako nodded as she chuckled softly. "Yeah, I bet you could already tell, I'm not very much of a strong drinker," she answered. "It's ironic how everyone else in my family is the opposite though." Mayako shrugged her shoulders then took another bite from the yemista dish. It was very delicious.

"Yeah, I guessed that much, but it's not like it really matters." I took a drink and set it back down, taking the final bite out of my meal. "Well I must say, this isn't like I thought it would be, it was actually really good." I looked up and smiled at her, cleaning my face and setting down the napkin.

They had been quite big vegetables, so it was definitely entree sized. "Agreed~. I think I still have room for dessert, how about you?" Mayako said, and settled down her utensils after finishing off the yemista that tasted satisfyingly hearty. "There's a dessert dish called 'loukomades' that I remember. They're like...golden puffs of fried dough drizzled with honey syrup and sprinkled with cinnamon on top," she explained, suddenly having the craving for one of those treats.

I set down all of my things and then a wondrous grin crossed my face. "Well, that actually sounds pretty good. Why not?" I took another sip of my wine as we awaited the return of our waitress, looking around at the scenery before returning my eyes to Mayako.

Mayako smiled. "Then loukomades it is," she said.

Joanne returned to the table. "So you finished! Are you two in for dessert?" the woman asked them.

Mayako nodded. "We'll take the loukomades." Then Joanne nodded. "I'll put in the order in, then it'll be right out," she went away again. Mayako glanced toward Anther. "Hey, Anther. I want to go to our special place again. Y'know, the sakura tree on the hill. We could go after this or until tomorrow. Either one is fine with me."

I placed my chin atop my hand. "Yeah, that sounds pretty good right now... We'll go right after this alright?" I began to get slightly red, thinking of the times we had up there. Not to mention the scene was just beautiful itself. It was like a small paradise.

Mayako nodded happily. "But if I think about it, it's going to look really different but pretty with all that snow all around...a Winter Wonderland I guess," she said. Imagining that beautiful scenery being blanketed in pure glistening white snow against sun rays seemed like a good idea for another painting to her. Mayako noticed the slight change of color on Anther's face, she just smiled. "You're blushing. It's too cute."

I rolled my eyes a bit and laughed. "Yeahhh, I guess" I couldn't help but laugh a bit, almost like self humility. As the redness of my face was slowly fading away the waitress came back with our deserts, an almost puzzled look on my face.

"Thank you," Mayako said to the waitress as they were handed the dessert. While Joanne nodded and went away again she looked at Anther and noticed the confused look to his face. "Something wrong?" Mayako asked, picking up her fork. She them smiled. "It may look kinda ordinary, but it's really delicious. I think it's because of the honey syrup and the cinnamon that brings it home. Go on, try it for yourself."

I shrugged before gently stabbing the pastry with a fork, slowly taking bites before my eyes lit up. "Woh, this is actually pretty good!" With a new-found excitement I continued to eat, seeming that the sweet taste would never get old. Before long, I realized I was eating a bit too much and maybe a little too rambunctiously . "Well... My bad.." I get a bit red as I put my hand on the back of my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back