Life is hard Isn't it ? [ Romance/Slice of life Roleplay ]

FungKu

A Magical Sprite
Here in Tokyo Okinawa, everyone is trying there best to work on something. They're Dreams. You are one of the people who has a dream and will do anything to achieve them Will you achieve your goals in this Roleplay ? Come and join the fun .

Morning came and the light pierced through the rugged curtain on the window. Beams of light shone on to a boy laying a mattress with a thin sheet over him. The light shone upon his face, forcing his eyes to squint open. He groaned and turned around, denying the morning. He tried to fall back asleep, however he was unable to. The boy pulls himself up and begun stretching his body, and gave an intense yawn when he finished. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and made his way to the bathroom.

He enters the bathroom and began removing his clothing so he could wash himself. As he took of his clothing, he remembered he starts his new job today. His new job was a convince store clerk. After he removed all of his clothing, we walked to a stool near a tap. His Bathroom was extremely small, and looked slightly run down; in fact the apartment he live was as well. He pushes down the lid of the bottled soap and it dispensed it into his hand. He rubbed his hands together before applying it over his body, scrubbing every area he could. He filled a small tub with cold water and poured in on to himself. He gasped in shock because of the cold water. He finished showering, but he couldn’t warm himself up because there wasn’t any hot water in his apartment. He puts on his clothing and began heading off into the outside world.

The sun had finally arose, signaling the beginning of the pathetic life that was but my own. I grumbled as the sun shined through my window, why must I wake up, just a little longer sun. That wouldn't happen, if anything the rays intensified, so I decided I'd get up before getting more mad. I scrounged up the energy to lift of my chest from the bed and put my legs off the side of the bed. My jet black hair brushed a crossed my face as my torment of being alive began. I forced my way out of bed and trotted across the wood plank floor, that would squeak like the death of people walking on my dreams and hopes, screw hopes and dreams, order is something forced upon, but not required to accept.

I didn't bother to go into the wash room, I would just anger my roommate with the water bill when he got back. He went out drinking again, found a chick at the bar, and left without paying his tab. That crazy bastard,, he'll show up at some point. I threw on an old, beaten white skating shirt that had seen a few share of troubles, a gloomy looking green jacket with a grey hood that has been in about twenty fights, and a loyal pair of jeans that could be worn every day and never fail. I made my way to the kitchen and saw but a bottle of boose and a pare of keys, typical. I'll just go into town and find the ramen shop, that sounds pretty good right now. I threw my hood up and stepped out the door, welcome me world, maybe this time...

Shira sat behind the bright marble counter of the local video store with her purple conversed feet up on the table top. Her desk chair was leaning dangerously but the store was empty, so should she have a swift and embarrassing fall the only people watching would be the video cameras that her boss only used for intimidation. In reality Shira could see every row from where she sat and liked to make notes on the different customers that came into the store. It got her mind off of her families past and was a good way to get to know people. Shira had always been shamelessly outgoing and social. Shira wore black jeans and a long sleeve Nirvana smiley shirt, so she was often labeled as a tomboy or a rebel compared to the girls here that love to hang around the fashion stores or are in with the latest fads. Even despite these derogative labels Shira enjoyed people and she always hoped that people enjoyed her in return.

Shira was listening to a Breaking Benjamin album on her i-pod with white headphones she had bought with an employee discount at work. Usually she took this time to study for whatever it was she was doing at the moment but she was tired today and just needed to relax, keeping an eye on the soft rock/rock section for any one that might catch her eye.

It was a rather good morning, the sun just awakening in the sky. Mayako walked along the concrete sidewalk with a bounce to her step. Her tea with extra sugar seemed to be proven useful for a jump of energy. She had the day off today from her aunt's flower shop, which meant more free time. Mayako was heading to a music store, having in mind of purchasing one of her favorite band's albums. Mayako had such a project ahead of her, a goal Mayako made for herself to think of someone new, and describe them through the art of painted pictures on a canvas.

A black graphic tee with the designed labyrinth of white chains linked together, and a single white dove between it all. Her jeans were torn at the knees, and her dark blood red jacket fluttered. Music blared from her earbuds. One thing...I don't know why, it doesn't even matter how hard you try, she was thinking to the lyrics of In The End by Linkin Park. Mayako swung open the entrance to the music store. She saw a rather young-looking girl, sitting behind the counter. She didn't think much of it, and said, "Hello," with a smile. Mayako heard something familiar coming from the girl's headphones. "Is that...Breaking Benjamin?" she was getting excited.

((One of my favorite bands :3))

((OOC: You and I have so much alike~))

Shira slipped her headphones off and wrapped them around her neck, smirking as the girl guessed what band she was listening. "No way, you like the band too?" Shira took her feet off of the counter with a slam and ignored the sting that shot up her calfs. She put her elbows on the counter and leaned forward. "Linkin Park I hear, you're pretty cool. You want suggestions?" Shira asked. This new girl's get-up made her all the more interesting to Shira and she suddenly wanted to know more about this girl.

((This'll involve a bunch of my character's morning routine... Sorry...))

In an old, cheap, somewhat poorly taken care of apartment, a man slipped out of his bed. He landed on the side of his face with a thud, his blankets tangled around his long legs. He grimaced, his eyes cracking open. The man sighed, inching away from his bed and kicking his sheets away before getting to his feet. The carpeted floor of his bedroom was rather cold, he had noticed. He stretched, glancing over at a clock he had on his wall.

"It's too early for this..." he muttered, though he trudged to his bathroom regardless. Planting his palms on the edge of his sink, he stared into the bathroom mirror.

The left side of his face was a little red from his fall, and there were dark rings under his eyes. He hadn't shaved in a few days, so he had short, rough, dark hair on his jaw. He frowned, deciding that he should have his hair cut at some point, since it was getting rather long for his tastes.

He unscrewed the cap of a toothpaste tube, and squirted it onto his toothbrush. He then proceeded to clean his teeth, the minty taste waking him up just slightly. Once he was finished, he spat it out into the sink, and grabbed a can of shaving cream. He searched for his razor for a minute or so before locating it, and splashed some warm water in his face. He spread the shaving cream across his face and began to glide the black, disposable razor across his jaw and cheeks.

After some time, he had finished, his lower face considerably smoother. He flashed himself a small smile in the mirror, and left his bathroom.

Mayako nodded. "Yeah, sure! What songs do you have in mind?" she questioned. Meeting another person who also liked the same bands as she did was pretty cool in her eyes. She even liked the girl's clothes and shoes. Mayako hadn't met someone with at least one of the similar interests, so maybe this was a good start.

"Oops, sorry. I'm Mayako by the way," she held out her hand. "And you?" Mayako smiled.

((Yesh :D Yes we do. I looove the I Will Not Bow song))

I walking down the street, my back crouched over, my headphones in listening to Nobody likes me by Hollywood Undead,my shirt bearing the words 'Deal with it', it was a really old shirt with some meaning to me. I see the music store, I could always use some new albums I guess. I open the door and walk in seeing two people talking about Breaking Benjamin, pretty solid I guess. I browse through the metal section, nothing new really, guess I'll pick up a Disturbed album. I pick up one and headed to the cash register. I place it on the table and pull out my wallet. My wallets about the mirror image of an empty hole, I needed a new job. "Hey, you lookin for any employ's?"

((OOC: Holy crap, excuse the curse, but I'm listening to that song right now. Unless you're stalking me then you are really kewl!))

Shira thrust her hand out for a handshake and smiled up at Mayako warmly. "Shira, Shira Saar. Hailing from America, the lovely country this music came from!" She never liked talking highly about her country in other places because foreigners always seemed to look away and snicker, probably reminded of the stereotype that all Americans had blind patriotism shoved up their bums. In reality she had never met any one like that and only encountered them in hillbilly reality t.v. shows and things like that. Anyway, she had been excited to meet some native Japanese people and spent years learning the language. She hoped her accent wasn't noticeable, as she got some high reviews from her Japanese-American friends.

Shira inspected the album this new person bought. It was a disturbed album. She was pretty neutral towards the band, having only heard a few songs by them, and ran the numbers on the case through the bulky computer sitting to her left. She held up one finger to Mayako and turned to the man. His shirt made her smile. "Nice." She commented. "The album is $13.50 (ooc: just pretend that's in yen ^^"). We're having a buy one get one free kind of thing since no one around here has as good a taste in music as the three of us. Maybe you'd like to treat a little lady to something?" Shira winked at him and nodded towards Mayako, just so that he wouldn't think she was referring to herself.

((Whoa, I is psychic!! xD ))

Mayako couldn't help but giggle when Shira winked and was talking about her to the man beside them. Not only did she love Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, and Skillet altogether, she loved bands from her home country of Japan just as much. Her smile was very cheerful and filled with blithe now.

Sometimes Mayako was shy, sometimes she was really outgoing depending on the day. She liked meeting different people. Mayako glimpsed at the album the guy was buying. She's heard of the band from one of her old friends, one she lost contact with. Now that Mayako was reminded of it, maybe she would go look up one of their songs when she got home. "Sounds like a good deal, right?" she said to the guy.

The tall, dark haired man had gotten dressed, wearing a flannel shirt, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, and jeans. He had slipped his shoes on and smoothed his hair back. He headed downstairs and slipped outside into the fresh morning air, wincing a bit at the early sunlight. He sighed, slipping his hands in his pocket and began to walk down the sidewalk. He wasn't sure where he was going, but he decided that inspiration was what he needed at the moment. He glanced around the streets. The streets were gradually becoming more crowded every minute, and he decided not to linger in the throng of people.

A music store caught his eye, and he paused for a moment.

May as well. I've got cash to spare.

The man stepped inside, glanced at the at the other people already in the store for a brief moment, and headed towards a few albums, skimming through the bands.

I got the hint this person was giving me and I thought why not. "That sounds fine, well I'm guessing from your conversation Breaking Benjamin is the shit? Alright, you can pick out whatever album you want, my treat. But I'm not leaving empty handed, whats your name?" I just acted pretty chill about the whole thing, it's been a while since I've really met someone in Japan that listens to this kind of music and since I've had a girlfriend or something like that.

"Really? Thanks so much!" Mayako said. She ran a hand through her curly hair. She didn't expect the man to be giving her the free album. "My name's Mayako, by the way. Would you care telling me yours?" she grinned. "I hear that band you want to buy an album of is pretty good," Mayako commented.

((Reaaally stormy where I am right now o3o))

((Ugh same here. Damn bi-polar weather...))

Shira let her chin rest on her hands and darted her eyes back and forth as Mayako and the customer spoke to each other. She had never considered being a matchmaker and briefly imagined herself doing something like this for a living. There were websites for this kind of thing, though, and she waved it away as a flannel shirt caught her eye from far away. Shira got up and pat the counter softly. "I'll be back, yell if you need me kay?" She walked around the two and jumped over the counter in one swift hop, reminding her of her athletic days. She walked up to the man in the back of the store and flashed him a large smile, fingering the headphones wrapped around her neck.

"You need help, sir?" She asked.

I kinda blushed a bit and put my hand on the back of my head. "Oh thanks, my name's Anther Lanque, yeah it's a bit out of ordinary but I like it well enough. So I was kinda wondering, you just want to hang out some time or something I'm kinda open for anything." She was kinda nice I guess, at least she has good taste in music. So I guess it wasn't too bad going out of the house today but still the one problem remained, money but I guess I can get over that for now, there was music to listen to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back