Life is hard Isn't it ? [ Romance/Slice of life Roleplay ]

Mayako nodded as Shira made her exit towards another customer. "Anther Lanque..." Mayako echoed. The two words sounded strange on her tongue. His name was exotic-sounding and smooth. "I like your name. Sounds cool," she smiled. Awww, he's blushing! How cute, Mayako thought. Maybe he's sorta bashful... she noted.

"Hang out sometime? Sure! I hear a new amusement park is open around here. I didn't feel like going alone, so would you wanna come, Anther?"

He blinked down at her. "Hm? Oh, I... I think I'm alright." he nodded, glancing back down at the albums. The man was silent for a moment. He skimmed through more names, seemingly considering each of them, before pausing and looking back at her.

"Actually... Um, which genres do you have?"

"Oh an amusement park? Alright that sounds fine, you name the time and I'll be there." I took a deep gulp, oh god, amusement parks. I really don't like roller coasters but I'll go just for this I guess.

"Hmm..." Mayako pondered. "How does three o'clock sound?" she asked him. Mayako hadn't been to an amusement park in so long. She was rather looking forward to being on the rides she missed as a kid.

Mayako would be reminiscing in her memories a lot by the time she was there. Certain of it. Mayako smiled, in her own little.daydream yet still in reality in a way. She had a habit of doing that.

Shira laughed briefly and swept her hand out to the whole store. "We have pretty much every thing here! If you want to get specific though we have R&B, rap, electronic, classical, latin, pop, rock, reggae, blues, holiday music, children's music, soft rock, metal, alternative and we have some comedy recordings if you need a laugh. Also, don't be afraid to expand your music to selections from all over the world." Shira had been trained to say that since she first started working at the store and counted the genres off on her fingers as she went. "What kind do you think will interest you the most?"

The man blinked a few times, glancing around the store and smoothing down his dark hair, which was messy. He thought for a moment, before glancing back down at her. "...Rock, I suppose." he shrugged.

He mentally went over a list of albums he might want, deciding that he could only afford to buy one or two.

Shira nodded. "Groovy! We never get many rock fans here, and now I've got three in one day!" She motioned for the man to follow him before looking at his hair in awe. It was the kind of hair she always admired, but decided not to comment on it. "So, what's your name?" She asked as she walked him away from the aisle he was in.

The man followed her.

"Nikola," he said, smiling a little. "Nikola Aciai. Call me Nik. And you?" he had his hands in his pockets, and was slouching a little so he didn't seem quite as tall as he really was.

"Shira, Shira Saar." Shira responded, turning into the aisle with the rock. "Funky name you got there, is there a story behind it?" She asked, appreciating the fact that he was slouching a bit and ignoring the fact that it probably wasn't for her sake. She glanced at her customers quickly before looking back at Nik. They would call her when they were ready to leave.

"Ok so that's fine I guess" I took out a piece of paper and wrote down my number on it."Here's this, call me when your ready to be picked up or something I'll talk to you later." I took my album and walked out the door then remembered she didn't pick up here album, I ran back and and yelled "Hey don't forget to get your music, see ya!" I darted back out and made my way home, well finally something to do.

"I won't forget!" Mayako called out to him. "And it was nice meeting you," she was holding the scrap paper with Anther's digits on it. She really liked his eyes. They were a strange, vibrant cerulean blue.

Amusement park...This is gonna be so fun! Mayako merrily tucked the scrap paper in her pocket. She didn't think of going to the amusement park as a date, just something that was rather to be seen as fun and friendly. Anther's pretty cool... Mayako wondered. She decided to search around for an album to choose.

Nik shrugged again. "Not really... Well, I'm not from around here." he glanced around the aisle, skimming over several titles and running a hand through his hair. His back had straightened just a little, though his shoulders were still slumped, his other hand still in his jean pocket.

Nikola looked as if he had just woken up, his black hair a mess (despite his apparent efforts, however weak they seemed) and tired golden brown eyes.

(OOC: Come on someone post, class is so boring (;_ ;)

Well that was a productive trip to the music store at least, I got me a date to the amusement park. I still held my hand over my stomach because I felt queasy, I really hate roller coasters. I guess I'd just have to get over this so I can go on this date, she seemed like a cool girl and all, plus she'll actually like to listen to the music I listen to. I managed to make it back down the street into my apartment. I unlocked the door and hung my black hoodie on the rack. MY roomy still wasn't here, but it sure shows that he was, the bottle of alcohol was gone and there was a crumbled band poster in it's place, figures. I made my way to the couch and plopped down and stared at the ceiling. 3 o'clock ey? I guess I should take a shower at some poi... I had fallen into a deep sleep.

Shira swallowed a ball that formed in her throat as Nikola ran a hand through his hair. She thought it was handsome...

No. She couldn't let herself believe that. Her father had been an at least decent looking guy and he did the most horrible thing a married man could. People were always ugly on the inside when they were outwardly gorgeous. Shira cleared her throat and touched Nik's arm, jerking it back suddenly as a wave went up her arm. "I'll be... over there. Call if you need me." She said breathlessly. She walked away sighing, realizing that this was totally unlike the Shira she knew. Mayako's expression cheered her up a little. "Hey! Did Romeo leave?" She asked, jumping over the counter again. Her keys jingled in her pocket as she landed and Shira looked at Mayako expectantly.

((Sowwie Braxto xD My teachers have hawk eyes. And I got such a writer's block :/ ))

Mayako nodded and grinned. She had the Phobia album of Breaking Benjamin in one hand. "His name's Anther. I got his phone number~" she twirled the paper around her fingers. "I'm going with him to the new amusement park later today. So I'll learn more about him!" she was optimistic by the fact.

Mayako's observing eyes always liked to uncover people's personalities bit by bit, to see what was deeply inside. Their morals, nature, and the aura they carried. Mayako was curious like that, and loved mysterious people. She even calls herself Detective Maya sometimes. Her aunt usually says Mayako gets her unique side from her grandmother, who was rather silly herself.

"Just like you, Shira, I think he's cool," she smiled. "What were you doing back there?" Mayako questioned. Without noticing her head was slightly tilted to the side.

Nikola blinked a few times, before going back to skimming through albums.

Inspiring, inspiring... What's considered inspiring, anyways? He frowned slightly, unsure as to which one he should take. He picked up a few, reading through the bands.

Aerosmith, AC/DC, Queen...

He was still indecisive. If he needed something to move him to write his own music, what did he need? He pondered for a moment, deciding that he may be looking in the wrong place. Perhaps it wasn't music that he needed, he thought, perhaps he needed something else.

He stared at the albums in his hand, before settling on just taking one and leaving.

(OOC: Sorry I was streaming like all day on twitch yesterday)

I was in a deep dream, imagining stuff I could only hope would happen. Then at the most exciting moment "AHHH" I scream and fell off the side of the couch. I look up at the clock to see if I was late, it was a good fifteen minutes, that's a relief. My album was sitting on the counter top, waiting to be played. It's will was my demand, standing up I took to to the bathroom where I put it in my music players, put the speakers on high, and got undress and in the shower.

((It's alright. I'm on a field trip right now to the Holocaust Center so I can role play in the mean time :D I'm waiting for Uncultured to reply))

((Welp, I had this little scene in mind for a little... Don't mind me...))

After some wandering around, Nikola had given up and headed home. He slumped down on his old, cheap couch, before glancing over at his phone.

Someone had called him while he was gone. He raised an eyebrow, wondering who would bother to do so. Checking the caller ID, he noticed something.

It was from the U.S.. Missouri, to be specific. He frowned, realizing that only one person on another continent would bother to call him.

"Mable..." Nik muttered, frowning.

His old friend had bothered to call him two years after he left America. He shook his head, recalling how he asked- begged, really -her to come with him. Watching the once vivacious, clever girl lose herself to alcohol was far too painful for him to want to leave her by herself. But she refused, and he fled the country that held the agonizing memories of his past.

Nikola stared at the phone for a moment, before realizing something.

Perhaps he had found his source of inspiration.

((Long post is looong...))

((Crap you were waiting for me? My bad. I'm such a Buffoon. See what I did there? No? No okay.))

Shira clapped her hands happily in order to congratulate Mayako. "Well look at that!" She said, laughing and humming the words to Mayako and Anther sitting in a tree. She wasn't actually sure if there was a name for that song but she laughed. "You know what? I want your phone number too. I'm going to text you throughout the whole date, just so you have a backup!" She winked and grabbed a bag to put Mayako's album is. She briefly smiled down at the album and then jotted her phone number down on the white bag with a red sharpie, adding a little heart at the end for good taste. "Good luck, hun!" She said before thrusting the bag with the album inside towards Mayako.

((Yeaaah I see what you did thar xD Silly moose))

Mayako blinked twice, dumbfounded when Shira had said 'date'. She hadn't thought of it as one until Shira mentioned it. Before Mayako could've said something more, she was given Shira's phone number as well. Mayako nodded with a smile, glad for the encouragement nonetheless.

"O-Okay! I'll tell you if it goes fine," she promised. As far as Mayako knew, she couldn't remember the last time she's been on an actual romantic date with a guy---she always preferred the fun ones. "I'll see you soon, Shira! And it was nice meeting you, you awesome person!" she waved goodbye as she walked out with the album in the plastic bag, and Anther's number in her pocket. Mayako headed home to start getting ready, with a little more bounce to her step.

"Today's gonna be a good day~" Mayako sang, not caring about the looks she received from passerbys.

Most smiled and chuckled in result from her foolishness.

Shira sat down in her seat and sighed, going back to her headphones and loud music. A couple of minutes passed before she opened one eye, her head halting its bobbing. "Did those last two guys pay?" She wondered out loud.

Nik stared at the paper he was planning to write on. He knew what he would be writing about, but where would he start? He frowned. Each time he attempted to write music- the only thing he actually got money from, other than some odd jobs -he could spend hours on end just trying to think about how to begin.

Nikola sighed, leaning back in the chair he was sitting on, and burying his face in his hands. When he heard a quiet growl from his stomach accompanied with a pang of hunger, he decided that food and coffee would be the best thing at that moment.

Mayako found the house keys to her aunt's humble abode, turned the lock, and swung the door open. She knew her aunt was still working, so the house was empty, except for one little being. It was Mayako's cat, Oreo, who greeted her with a pleasant meow. The feline circled around Mayako's legs and nuzzled his head against them. Mayako smiled, feeling the rumbling purr on her shin.

"I missed you too, my little Oreo," she ran her hand down the cat's neck in a gentle manner. She had this cat since she was fourteen, and when Mayako decided to move out of her parent's house---fed up with the constant arguing---her aunt offered Mayako to stay with her, and didn't mind the addition of a cat.

"Sorry I'll be leaving you a little soon, I have to meet up with this nice guy at the amusement park," it was natural for Mayako to talk to animals. Even if she knew they couldn't respond, it was a stress reliever most of the time.

She stepped into the guest room---her room---as Oreo followed. Tossing the white plastic bag on her futon, Mayako plopped down on one of her bean bags. Glancing at her own artistic creations, finished and unfinished paintings and papier maches, Mayako wondered what she would do to pass time before getting ready. The recently bought video game that was placed upon one of her wall shelves was silently calling to her.

((By the way guys, I edited Mayako's information a bit on the skelly so check it out if you want))

((can I just jump in?))

Adeline walked slowly out of the trailer. She locked the door hastily and started down the cemented stairs to the dirt ground. She exited through the gate and reached the city where the cement replaced the dirt. Worn rubber sneakers slammed against uneven pavement as she walked. Every now and then she's bump her foot on a crack, splashing rainwater over the ankles of her fading skinny jeans.

A knock-off purse was slung off her slender shoulder, and her light brown hair brushed against the strap with the gentle breeze. She'd left before she could apply make up, but she'd stopped caring about that a long time ago. Today was the day, she thought. The day you were leaving for good. She looked back at the trailer she shared with her long time boyfriend, frowned, and focused ahead once again. She'd never be going back there.

In her reverie, she accidentally bumped into a stranger. Her body, weak and thin, fell back almost instantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back