• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Life Beneath Dreams

"Oooo, a good old dare. How about..." Elmore reached out and took a shot, while thinking. He leaned over to Stella and whispered something in her ear. She laughed and nodded, stood up and jogged to the house.

"Where's she going?" Yab asked.

"Getting me the dare."

When she came back, she had something wrapped in a tea towel, and a spoon in her hand. She sat down and pushed it towards Nolan.

"Nolan." Elmore uncovered the surprise. "I dare you to eat a spoonful of salty butter from the tub."

He sat up, proudly, and watched as Stella went off and got the dare, whatever it may have been.

He waited for the big unveil, then looked at the spoon and the butter and he just nodded, then shook his head.

"What sort of kindergarten shit is this, Elmore?" He asked. "Don't you remember the football re-initiation everyone took this year? Butter's got nothing on me, sweetheart." He winked, and he grabbed the spoon and scraped up the biggest spoonful of butter he could get, then he looked around the group. "Yes, this is me. Admittedly it looks daunting, but... I've drunk my own puke before, for god's sake. I have a stomach of cast iron."

"What? When?" Jason asked.

"I'll give you this answer for free - Football re-initiation. Some of us got a little carried away."

"Fuck that." He shook his head, "Don't ever be a teacher, because you've got no class."

"Hah! Good one!" Nolan pointed at him, but then put the spoon in his mouth and pulled the butter off using his lips. He left it there for a while, nodding along to himself as it melted down and left a weird feeling in his mouth. Admittedly it made him feel a little bit sick, and the color that washed from his face for just a moment was a good signal of that. But he swallowed it.

"Bam." He tossed the spoon down, then wiped his mouth.

"Okay, okay." Jenna waved him off. "Very nice, but... Let's see. Stella, you've not got much attention for a while. Truth or dare?" She asked.

And she put another shot down the hatch, because why not.

Tate felt sick just watching. A spoonful of butter. How many calories? How couldn't he remember how many calories?

He looked incredibly deep in thought about the butter, staring directly at it.

"Sup with you? Want some?" Yab asked, and pushed the butter tub over to Tate quickly, smirking.

Tate gagged, literally and not fakely, and kicked the butter away from himself. Stella smiled slightly but turned her attention to Jenna. "Truth."

Jason looked at Tate, patted his back, then had another drink for himself. It was getting to the point where his head was full-on spinning. But he'd stay with it.

"Okay, Stella... I wanna' know the details of... Let's do something different." She nodded. "Tell me about the scariest dream you've ever had. I won't pry for deepinformation like the rest of these bastards. Not yet, anyway." She flicked her hair over her shoulder and reached out for another shot, laughing to herself.

"Scariest dream... Christ. My dreams are long as fuck, Jen." She grinned. "But I'll tell you. I had a dream where I was strapped into a tram that was elevated over hard concrete and physically couldn't move to get out, involuntarily being plunged to my death that I had to relive over and over again. And then after I died, I had to walk around in the debris of the crash and couldn't help anyone still alive, cos I was dead an' all." She shuddered.

"That's just a recent one. I've forgotten all the others."

Elmore pouted. "Well. Interesting. And deep at the same time. You okay Stell?"

"Fine." She laughed. "Jason. Truth or dare."

"Well, we've got another psycho in our ranks." Nolan said. "What's the total now? Two, three?"

"Does that include you?" Jason asked.

"Nope. But sure. Make it four. Four's a party." He chuckled. "Scary shit, though. Worst dreams are the ones where you're either trapped or you're being followed, I think, but that sounds pretty nasty." He said.

Jason looked at Stella, "Uhm... Truth. No dares after the last one, fuck."

Tate grinned. Dare master. But Stella now had to top him, didn't she, but with truth this time, but she just couldn't think of anything that would make him squirm as much. "Okay. Truth."

"Jason, have you ever been caught masturbating?" She raised her eyebrows. "Or, come close to being caught."

"Right, okay, no problem on this one." He said. "I've come close." He said. "I'll tell you the story, just for the fun of it..." He picked up a shot and downed it. "When I was thirteen or so, I think, obviously it hadn't been long since I'd... 'Discovered' this fun thing us guys could do. I was a young thirteen, I'm pretty sure." He laughed, "Anyway, it's Saturday morning, mom has to go into work. Dad's still in bed. I'm lying in bed and I guess you can say I'm all 'set up', just doing my thing, watching a video on my phone that I won't detail, both earbuds in." He said.

"Sooooo, I don't hear her knock at my door and enter." He said. "But, what happened was, as she came in, she called out my name. I unplugged one earbud, still heard her walking in..." He cleared his throat. "Honestly, I just pretended I was asleep - but had been woken up by her knocking. I was facing the wall, so, when she came in..." He shook his head, "I honestly have no idea if she walked in quick enough to actually see anything, but, I just went as stiff as a board." He said.

"She said goodbye, told me not to stay in bed too long, and she left. We've never spoken about it, so I have to live the rest of my life in doubt." He laughed, "Elmore, truth or dare?"

The group burst into laughter, I'm sure. At least my lot did. "That's grim. Poor mom, if she did see anything." Stella laughed.

"I just went, man, but if you're sure. Dare." Elmore shrugged.

"Did you? Nah, nah. Shit. I don't know." Jason said. "Dare, though? Okay." He looked around the group. "How about we make this exciting, buddy?" He looked over at Nolan, "You two." He darted a finger between the two of them. "You two kiss. Lips. I don't expect tongue or any shit like that - but a kiss. Let's see it happen."

"Why me?" Nolan waved his arms.

"Because I want to test your masculinity, pal. Come on, swallow the pride."

"Oh, baby." Nolan looked over at Elmore. "Right, let's get a taste of what you've been drinking." He winked and bit his lip, containing his laughter as best he could.

Elmore went red. Okay, so this one was going to be more... Embarrassing than he had hoped.

Obviously he was comfortable in the fact that he was kissing Nolan and wasn't attracted to him, but, he was still kissing a guy and needed to make sure he wasn't seen to be too okay with it? Right? Did he need to be horrified?

Elmore stuck out his tongue at Jason. "God, if that's what you want to see, you could just save it for your alone time, but you know." Elmore shuffled over to Nolan. "Apologies, hunny bun but you're only getting a peck. Like grandma does, come on, pucker up." He laughed, and did indeed kiss Nolan on the lips, going slightly red in the face before shuffling back to his seat. "Done. Happy? I'm gonna ask Will truth or dare now, cos I want to move on quick because that sucked."

Jason bit his lip and grinned, watching the whole scene unfold. Nolan was happy enough.

Jason looked at Nolan, "What, are ya' fuckin' gay?"

Nolan turned to him, and the two of them smirked. They had the same reaction - they'd seen the meme Jason was referring to, so, the two of them quickly leaned forward and exchanged a peck on the lips, too. Sober? No way would they reenact that infamous scene. But drunk, all bets were off. Immediately they started laughing, and Jason just fell onto his back and covered his face.

"What the fuck is this." Will was laughing along with them, covering his face and shaking his head.

Still, Will had one.

"Truth." He nodded.

"Truth. Okay." Elmore nodded. "Tell me, who do you like most and why. Out of the group. Real talk." Elmore raised his eyebrows.

I mean, we all know they're best friends.

"The most? Well, that's a tough one. Regarding times of friendships, I'd say you - I might have met Tate and Jason first, but, I guess I feel like I can be a lot more... Open with you, if that makes sense?" He asked. "Like, it's not a personal thing. It's just... Well. We've spent a lot of time together, so, generally, I'd say we're pretty tight."

"I see how it is." Jason joked.

"Tate, truth or dare." Will said.

"Damn straight, buddy of mine." Elmore grinned. "BFFFL's." He clapped his hands and winked, over the top but still having fun. He took another shot, as did Stella.

Tate, who was out of it, looked at Will in confusion. "Dare." He raised his eyebrows.

"Okay, I've got a good one." Will pulled his shirt over and tossed it to Tate. "Blindfold." He said. "Blindfold, spin around for ten seconds, and then kiss whoever's in front of you once you've stopped spinning." He said.

"Someone's done this before." Nolan looked off at Will.

"I've seen it at a party once."

Tate grabbed the shirt when it was thrown into his lap, turned his back and had Jason tie it around his eyes so that he definitely couldn't see anything, for sure. Tate was probably going to collapse if he stood up for too long at this point, but all was fun and games right now, so up he stood, and I'm sure that Jason would have guided him to the middle.

He could spin on his own, however.

"Oh, this isn't going to end well. There's like ten times more chance he's gonna end up kissing a guy, and I don't want it to be me." Yab groaned.

"Shh, if you talk he'll know which direction you're in." Stella shushed him, and the group fell silent as he span around for the last few times.

And, when he finally stopped, as everyone else was sat down, he pointed in front of him and gestured for whoever it was to come closer. "I have to kiss you? I don't know who it is, though. Do I have to guess?" He asked, still blindfolded. Everyone else stayed silent, so he didn't know who was in front of him.

And who did he point at?

Will.

"Waheeeeeeeeeey!" Jason yelled out, laughing, but judging from where Jason was it was obvious it wasn't him that Tate had pointed at. "Go on, Spiderman and Mary Jane-style. Let's see it." He said.

Will got up, silently. Well, fuck, this hadn't gone to plan.

He walked up and lifted the bottom of the shirt over Tate's face and leaned forward, quickly pecking his lips. It's obvious who it was, considering he would have felt the beard brush against his face.

"That backfired, didn't it?" He asked, pulling the shirt from Tate's face and laughing.

Tate went bright red after the kiss, and pulled the blindfold off, shoving it into Will's chest before stumbling backwards, laughing. "That's gross. I just kissed someone and it had to be Will. I didn't wanna kiss Will." He laughed, and sat down again in his spot, reaching out and taking another shot.

Stella, judging by Tate's condition, thought maybe he had had enough by now, but didn't reach out and stop him. He was an adult, he could throw up in the lake and pass out if he wanted to: it was a right of passage.

"Oh well." Tate laughed, finishing his shot. "Jenna. Truth or dare." He grinned widely. "Which shall she choose?" He pulled his sleeves over his hands and raised his eyebrows at her. How long would it be until drunk Tate decided to show everyone his arms or his stomach? Who knew. They definitely didn't know what they'd be in for.

Jason thought about maybe stopping him, but, the rational part of him was seeing it as both reasonable and unreasonable to call him out and tell him to slow down. Even if he drank a lot, as long as he passed out face-down he'd be fine. The longer he was awake with a spinning head, the more likely it was for him to throw up. Jason would happily pass out beside him if it came down to it - they'd already drank so much, and it wasn't even midday yet. They'd be okay, he was sure. It depends.

All in all, Jason held his tongue.

"Okay, dare." She said. Another shot.

"Dare? Um..." Tate had to think of one that was just as good as the other one he gave to Jason. "Id say do a striptease but you're only wearing a bikini... I don't know how sexual is too far."

"Never too far." Yab grinned.

"Um..." he grinned. "Jenna. I'm just gonna steal Will's idea. Stand up, spin around, but instead of just a peck... make out with them. And then you have to guess who." He laughed. "I was gonna make you eat a banana sexually, but we didn't get any last night, sooooo." He grinned, reached forward, and took another shot.

"If you want to see the bikini come off, you have to pay me, I'm gonna' say that." She laughed. "Okay, okay." She took a shirt from whoever was willing to hand her one, then had Stella tie it for her so she definitely couldn't see anything.

She took a few steps back from where she was and started spinning around for ten seconds, and no more than that. By the time she was done, she felt sick and dizzy, but, she was alive. And she didn't throw up on the spot, so, that was probably a good sign she was good to go.

Who was she facing, though?

Stella.

And boy, you should have seen the faces of the guys light up like Roman candles. Jason readjusted himself and peered off at the two.

"Oh." He said.

"Score, dude." Nolan grinned and sat back up.

"What? Who is it?" Jenna asked.

"No, no, the dare was you have to guess who it was." Will said. "Now, kissy-kissy."

"Uhm, well, I can't see so... Whoever it is, take lead, I guess?" She laughed, shyly. She was swaying all over the place, but, she was okay to stand for a while.

"Shh." Tate hissed. She had to guess, and if she didn't guess right then Tate was going to be concerned seeing as everyone else had already pretty much revealed their position.

Stella blushed and stood up, stepping forward. She didn't say anything, but she did glare at the boys harshly before putting her hand on Jenna's face, and softly kissing her lips for a moment, before moving in to the full swing of things. Stella wasn't afraid of this, she was best friends with Jenna, so it wasn't weird. Or too weird.

The kiss lasted for a good while actually, before Stella sat down and held her hand over her mouth to stop herself from laughing.

Yab, his eyes glued on them like a hawk, punched Nolan in the shoulder in excitement and then ran a hand through his hair. Elmore wasn't fussed but pretended to be, and Tate was too out of it to really fully care.

In the moment, Jason didn't think the hype lived up to everything that everyone was expecting. Why? No idea. He thought it'd be something exciting, and even though the kiss looked great, for him he just sort of felt indifferent. It was probably the alcohol, if he was honest - he was more or less ruined, so most things were being completely filtered out. He still smiled, though, and he still watched it for the comedic value. Did Jenna have any idea who she'd kissed.

"Okay, um..." Jenna looked around, blindly. "It wasn't Nolan, it wasn't... Wasn't Will. Wasn't Jason." She said. "I heard all of your voices, and Will has a beard. I'm pretty sure I didn't just kiss a beard." She said. "That leaves Elmore... Tate... Yab... Stella..." She paused. "Uhm... Well, I think the face felt very..." She paused. "Almost feminine." She said. "Like, it didn't feel all that aggressive, and from what I can tell they weren't the tallest, either..."

"Detective Jenna's up in this shit. Someone's been watching Criminal Minds." Jason said.

"I'm gonna' say it was either Elmore or Stella." She said. "Sorry, Elmo. I'm not saying you have a girly face or anything, man." She laughed, "Uhm... Nah, it's gotta' be Stella. Am I right?"

"Almost feminine! Almost!" Stella laughed.

"Take the blindfold off." Tate laughed.

"I don't know if it should be me or Elmore who's more offended, I'm almost feminine even though I'm a girl and he's almost feminine and he's a boy." She laughed. "But yes. It was me."

"At least say she's a good kisser." Elmore laughed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back