• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Life at it's best

KuroBara

Life at it's best!

Welcome to a planet filled with all sorts of creatures, magical and non-magical; each creature has its own culture and own way of living and set of beliefs. Life is a fight for survival and it’s not always fair, sometimes the little guy losses and the big guy wins, sometimes bad over powers the good, the strong take advantage of the weak. Find out where you belong and what life on this traitorous merciless planet is really like and what it has in store for you.
Rules:
  • Follow the website rules.
  • 3-4 sentence minimum, I understand sometimes it’s impossible to get this limit because of the circumstance but do your best to give a proper lengthy response.
  • Fights are totally allowed, this is war man! But don’t kill anyone off without the permission of the owner of the character
  • You can’t win every fight, someone has to lose and sometimes that someone is you. If you’re fighting people try to lose every now and again. No one likes a Godmoder!
  • Don’t overdo the powers, try to limit yourself, it gets annoying when people make themselves basically invincible. It’s the Godmoding all over again.
  • Warn everyone if you’re going to be away for longer than 2 days. I get sometimes you need a break or you’re just really busy but try your best to give us a heads up.
  • Limit of 3 characters per person, unless given special permission by me. I like having multiple characters otherwise I get bored but sometimes you can have too many.
  • Proper grammar for the most part guys. Trust me I get it sometimes mistakes/typos happen but try your best to have good spelling.
  • Have fun and don’t be rude to each other
https://www.rpnation.com/topic/276178-life-at-its-best-characters/#comment-7112231 (Character page)
https://www.rpnation.com/topic/276177-life-at-its-best-ooc/ (OOC page)
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/life-at-its-best.320269/#post-7721433 (Story Line)

Last edited:
For the past 3 years war has broken out of Vagary, many have died, many have lost loved ones, and others have lost part of themselves. Throughout the years of war the councils of each realms split into two forces, each having formed alliances with two others while making enemies of the other three. Tyro has joined forces with Terrium and Gustilard, Aguabena fights alongside Raylium and Nether. Many wish for peace once more put those who have been placed in power seem to want different futures for the planet of Vagary. Be a soldier in the war or be a wanderer looking to make peace with others and travel the planet, or stay within the security of your village and see if you can keep out of the destructive path of war.

Akira Adhern
Nether
Tags: I Ignace

The sun wasn’t up yet when Akira jumped from her balcony hidden high within the trees. She let herself fall as the wind wiped around her hair, tears streaming at her eyes from the force, keeping her body firm and straight, once she was seconds within hitting the forest floor she let out her wings in one quick motion and gave one big movement allowing them to shoot her up in the hair. Flying always felt so right and freeing, it made her feel like the world was at her fingertips and that she could go anywhere and everywhere. Flying first thing in the morning had always been her favorite, it was so quiet and there was a slight chill to the air that woke her up and made her feel alive. She performed a few flips once she reached the tip of the tallest branch and spun around as she shot through the air even higher.

She let herself fall back down once more, keeping her wings closed and close to her body, once she was a few feet from the ground again she opened her wings and flew ask quick as she could. Every day she did the same thing but took a different path, exploring the surroundings outside of the village before anyone could notice her absence. To her it was an important thing to do, she was the type that needed a lot of time to herself but was rarely able to get it. It allowed her to be free and either think when she needed to or not think at all.

Akira headed for the neighbouring forest, one that she hadn’t visited in years. Making her way towards a river she knew was located within it from years ago when she had visited. She remembered that it was quiet, secluded and made for a very good spot to spend time alone. She navigated the merciless forests of Nether for several minutes before finally finding the river and landed on a branch that allowed her to tip her feet in the water, allowing the cold sensation of it drift her mind into thought.

Asuka Theyrill
Terrium
Tags: None

Asuka woke up as the sun began to peek over the horizon, she gave a big stretch along with a yawn before shimmying out of bed, almost falling. She had never been a graceful waker or walker for that matter, always tripping and falling about. Scratching her ear she headed for the kitchen to get a piece of meat, probably leftovers from last night’s supper, as a morning snack, once she began munching she walked back to her room and started to brush her hair and tail. Her tail was always overly bushy and full of nots when she woke up and usually took a great deal of time to groom. Once she was finally done she got dress and made her bed, her mother would yell at her otherwise, and hearing noises and a voice mumbling to itself coming from the kitchen, signalling that her mother was also awake now, made her way over to it.

“Good morning Ma’. How was your sleep?” She asked walking over to get a glass of milk.

“I slept well honey. How did you sleep?”

“Good but I must have moved around more than usual, seeing as it took me almost 20 minutes to brush my tail alone!” Asuka made an exasperated sound and shook her head. All her mother did was giggle and give her a look that the younger fox knew too well. It was the look that said, that’s just because you’re slow. Shaking her head at her mother this time, Asuka downed her milk in one gulp, rinsed the cup and placed it in the sink.

“I’m heading out now. Do you need me to do or get anything for when I get back?”

“No that’s quite alright. Just be safe, I know you like to run around all over Terrium but not all creatures are kind and gentile, there are many that are very deadly and dangerous.” Her mother gave her a serious look, it was the warning and look she received every morning from Miss Anastasia Theyrill.

Asuka replied with a wicked grin on her face, not being able to resist teasing her mother. “I know Ma’, how could I ever forget with you always reminding me.” She understood her mother’s worry, she was worried that her curious nature would get her killed like it had her father all those years ago. “What was he like?”

Her mother looked at her with understanding. “Exactly as you are, curious, wild natured, kind and loving. He couldn’t help but need to explore, he wanted to know things, understand how they worked. Meet people, learn about them, and once he did, he cared about them with all his heart. Just as you do.” A few tears came to her mother’s eyes. “I may have lost him but you are exactly like him and I wouldn’t want it any other way.” She gave a weak smile. Asuka ran into her mother’s arms and gave her tight hug.

A few minutes later she was running through the trees and burst out onto one of the plane that stretched out as far as the eye could see, but she didn’t stop, she kept running and even picked up a little speed, throwing a few flips and cartwheels into the mix. She like to just run ahead of herself without even really paying attention to where she was, it was freeing to run, to know that she was quick and that nothing could catch up to her, well nothing that she had encountered so far. Being a quick runner had always been one of her traits and she took full advantage of it. Sometimes if she ran fast enough she felt like she could fly, and it was a feeling she loved.

All of a sudden she just stopped and looked around herself, taking in all the green beauty of her realm. Asuka understood that the realms were at war now, after being at peace for decades but for some reason she didn’t feel like she was a part of it at all, it might be like her mother says, she wasn’t one to pay attention to the negative unless she was faced with it head on. She had helped care for some of the injured that came back from fighting but it felt so far and distant.

She let herself fall and began to observe the sky right where she was, taking out a piece of meat and munching on it as she had done that very morning.

Eryss Tena
Nether

Carrying a basket she had woven herself, Eryss foraged for various ingredients needed in her potions. She sighed and reflected on the situation. I hope it isn't serious, she thought.

Close to a week ago, some soldiers from Aguabena had carried a foreign disease through with them. On her visit home on the previous day, Eryss' parents had told her to prepare for more customers than usual. Apparently, some people were not recovering with the traditional medicines provided in the village, and people were seeking out new medicines to treat their family members. Eryss had her hood up as usual, and the light sing-song tune of the bell around her neck followed her as she walked.

After some time of gathering various plants and fungi, Eryss realized she was very close to the river. She couldn’t help but feel a sense of peace when she heard the river flowing. A drink wouldn't be that bad, she thought, realizing how parched she felt.

As she approached the riverbank, it became apparent to her that someone was nearby. It wasn’t quite clear in these times whether or not a stranger was a friend or a foe. She took to the shade of the tree next to her and disappeared, anxious to see who was around her.

KuroBara KuroBara

Akira Adhern
Nether

Akira swung her feet back and forth in the water, flapping her wings gently in unison with her feet, enjoying the cold touch as she lulled her head from side to side and began to hum a gentile lullaby tune her grandmother had sung to her when she was younger. Her grandmother had been the only one to truly understand her, who could relate to the need of being alone and secluded sometimes, of not liking loud noises and preferring the quiet that came with the shadows that were so common to Nether.

Her grandmother had passed 100 years past and it had been on Akira, after the death she had become even more secluded, having lost the only person that seemed to understand her. Even when she wanted to be alone, simply sitting in silence with her grandmother felt like she was even if she really wasn’t. Since then she was always humming or singing the lullaby where ever she was.

Roughly half way through the lullaby she heard a noise far off and could feel a presence hiding within the shadows. She looked over in the disturbance’s direction. Closing her eyes she focused on the shadows, it was a girl, an elf girl, young but not too younger than herself, at least 100 years old, she seemed a bit afraid, understandably so, Nether was a formidable realm where you never knew what type of character a creature had.

She opened her eyes again. “You don’t need to be anxious or afraid, I only came here to be alone and remembered that there was a river. I haven’t been here for roughly 100 years and didn’t realise anyone lived here now. You can come out of the shadow, hiding in them doesn’t do much against me anyways, if anything, were I foe, it would only make things worse.” She gave a small smile and shrug and turned her whole body in the direction of the elf.

Eryss Tena
Nether

"A... dark fairy?" Eryss gave the stranger before her a puzzled look as she reappeared into the light. "You've come a long way, haven't you?" Her eyes sparkled with warmth. "I'm Eryss, and I live alone by the lake. It's not far from here. "

She bent down at the river, placed her basket on the ground, and cupped her hands, carefully dipping them in the water. She took a drink. Afterwards, Eryss stood up and sighed. "I'm worried about my village," she said, turning to the fairy. "Some foreigners passed through and now they're sick. Not many people come by here often."

The girl picked up her basket again, full of various plants. "You're welcome to stay for tea if you would like," She offered. "Or coffee. Your choice." Eryss' mouth vaguely formed into a smile. She couldn't help but admire the dark fairy's wings, and she wanted to learn more about them.

KuroBara KuroBara

Akira Adhern
Nether
Akira watched as the elf spoke, she had met elves many times, however the last time had been very long ago, she always tended to forget certain things about other creatures and the elf had peeked her curiosity. Did elves usually live alone, secluded like this? She tilted her head taking in everything she saw, how the girl moved in fluid motions, how she spoke softly, the bell and amulet around her neck.

She seemed sweet and sincere, Akira decided it wouldn’t hurt to get to know her more, plus it seemed that this girl was somewhat like her, preferring to be alone. She gave a curt nod and flew down to the ground from her branch handing out over the river. Once standing she let her wings relax, when about to fly her wings normally had about 2 inches that dragged but when relaxed it was more like 5 or 6 inches. Her wings weren’t so much tall as they were wide.

“My names Akira by the way.” She held out her hand to shake in greeting. “I’m from the forest over.”

Akira looked at the basket full of herbs and studied a few of them, some were familiar some weren’t, it was nice that she wanted to help others. She looked back up at the girl with a bit of a scowl.

“That’s quite unfortunate, it’s never good when foreigners bring diseases that are unknown into an area that has never see it before.”

Eryss Tena
Nether

The elf nodded and removed her hood, revealing the rest of her lavender hair. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Akira.” She extended her hand in return, her grasp quite gentle.

Eryss gave a bit of a dejected look. “It truly is a shame that some of my kin are ill. My parents told me that some of them aren’t getting better and that people are beginning to look for cures outside of the village. I’ve learned quite a bit about medicine from other regions, so I’m hoping I can help in some way.” She sighed in concern before moving on.

“My home is this way, not very far from here.” Eryss gestured in the direction of the traveling water. “There’s a beautiful lake that empties down a waterfall.” She smiled thinking about the sight of her home. “It’s such a calming sight, especially in the Spring.” Eryss began walking in the direction of her cottage, which she figured was only a few miles away from where she and Akira were.

As if in a market, Eryss glanced at the ground every few feet, trying to determine if she had forgotten to gather anything as she passed by the shrubs and grasses she was very familiar with. I have plenty of mushrooms… I just grabbed a lot of sedge… she thought to herself.

KuroBara KuroBara

Thaedras Valtherin
Gustilard/Nether
The sky was a vast expanse of blue unblemished by the appearance of clouds. Into this blue backdrop, a small gray stone, ovular in shape repeatedly flew before falling back down again. Each time the stone exited the air it was caught again in the deft fingers of a black leather gloved hand. The other hand currently held a mostly eaten apple that was brought steadily to parted lips before the crisp crunch of the apple's flesh could be heard as another bite was taken from it.

His athletic and black leather armor clad frame was leaned back against the soft white fur and feathers of his gryphon companion as the creature sat munching on its own lunch, the carcass of some creature it had caught in the lower peaks. This continued for some time, the sound of the wind picking up speed and whipping through the peaks only broken by either the crunching of the apple or the sound of tearing meat as the gryphon's beak picked apart his own lunch.

After a while, he brought his muscular legs up before kicking them back to the ground aggressively, using the momentum they caused to raise the rest of his body from where it reclined against his feathered friend. Once he was on his feet, he shifted his weight to one foot as the other stretched out crossing over his steady leg as his body twisted and he pulled his arm back to chuck the apple core as hard as he could off the face of the peaks. He watched for a moment as the core flew out before rapidly descending into the treeline below.

Thaedras walked to the edge and looked down into that forest which was right on the other side of the border he was assigned to patrol, the border between Gustilard and Nether. His dark eyes narrowed slightly, sharply pointed and keen ears listening carefully to see if he could hear the core hit the bottom. He couldn't, he was simply too high up, the landscape below appearing minuscule as he surveyed it from his sky bound perch. The corner of his mouth quirked into a smile before he tossed the stone he had been playing with up in the air, catching it again before placing it in the black leather pouch that was attached to the belt hanging from his hips.

"Riven, eisi o vaedia?" he asked the mighty winged mount as he turned away from the cliff face and began striding towards the beast. Of course the gryphon could not actually respond with words, but he did respond in his own way, lifting the remains of his meal into the air and swallowing it with a mighty gulp before sqwaking loudly at Thaedras and rising to his feet, a quick shake of his body given, ruffling his feathers up and jostling the packs and saddle that rested on his torso.

Akira Adhern
Nether

Akira observed the elf’s lavender hair, it was a beautiful colour. In her village having what might seem a natural colour to humans was something that wasn’t common, dark fairies usually had dark hair but it was normally greens, blues, yellows, if those could be dark, pinks, purples, and so on. This made Akira’s hair a rather rare sight being of a natural red colour, however she did sometimes envy others for having the more natural colouring as it made her stand out more and in turn made more people approach her and ask question.

She gave another rare small smile as Eryss spoke in regards to wanting to do what it was that she could for her people. “From the sounds of it you will be perfectly able.” Akira followed as the young elf continued to speak and began moving.

“That sounds beautiful. Like I said before, I’ve visited this forest before but that was a great length of time ago. Things tend to change after so much time.” She then silently followed her observing her surroundings as she kept an eye on the other, taking note that she truly was accustomed to being out alone and finding things for remedies as she seemed as though she was currently looking for anything she might have forgotten to pick up.

She kept the majority of her attention on her surroundings, watching as every creature in the forest began to slowly arise. It was always a sight to behold, watching the magical and non-magical waking from their slumber, mothers rousing young ones out of the nests and dens as they move about hazily.

“How long have you lived out here on your own?” Akira had always wanted to move away from the village but never had as she helped her parents with her younger siblings. She was the eldest of 12 after all.

Asuka Theyrill
Terrium
Tags: None

The wind blew gently, making the grass and plants dance while the insects buzzed from flower to flower doing their daily work of pollination. The fur on her tail and hair on her hair along with her ears swayed as well as she finished her snack. Once done Asuka stood and began running again, this time in the direction of the border of Terrium and Gustilard. She often did this simply because she enjoyed jumping from cliff to cliff that could be located in the neighbouring realm.

While running she could hear the howling for the wolves in the area. Although it made her wince every time she knew they wouldn’t come out here and attack her, she had spent many days trying to find a safe path to Gustilard in which the wolves wouldn’t come to block her and potentially attack. The wind once more whipping through her hair and fur a grin slowly began spreading across her thin lips, there really wasn’t anything better and feeling free and like you were soring the skies when in fact your feet never left the ground.

When she made it to the border she didn’t stop, however she did need to slow down in order to begin the climb up the cliff that was in front of her. She did it with enough speed, agility and practice that it only took a few minutes before she made it to the top, only having slipped once as a bird had caught her eye. She suffered a small scrape that bled but that would quickly heal. She pulled out a small bandage from her side pouch and bound it simply to soak the small amount of blood.

Finished wrapping her palm she began to run as fast as she could jumping from cliff to cliff. Asuka knew of the riders on griffons that patrolled the borders and knew that they often didn’t patrol this specific area and so she didn’t worry as she bound from each steep rock.

Eryss Tena
Nether

How long have I been living alone?
Eryss wondered. She crossed her right arm, the one holding her basket, and rested her left on top, holding her head with her left hand. "About 34 years. It doesn't really feel much like being alone though since I visit twice a week." She smiled as she reflected on her past visits. "My mother makes the best cooking, and my father is one of the village's best hunters. Needless to say, we always have a big feast when I come. My brother always eats most of it though. I swear he could eat three wolves by himself. " Eryss had the urge to keep talking about her parents and her brother, but she didn't want to drown the dark fairy in stories about her family.

She put her arms down, letting the basket fall into the grasp of her right hand. With her left, the elf made a wiping motion across her body, causing a short, thin rod of energy to appear. She caught it in her hand and began twirling it in her hand as if it was a solid object, a common thing she did to keep herself amused on her walks.

KuroBara KuroBara

Thaedras Valtherin
Gustilard/Nether
His smoothly angled features brightened slightly, dark brown eyes squinting just a tad as a subtle smirk fell over his lips upon Riven's response to his question, his gloved hand smoothing the feather's of the gryphon's neck before giving a few sturdy pats to the creature and slipping behind his wing. With practiced ease, he stepped into the stirrup, his body rising to the creature's back in one fluid motion. Once he was astride Riven, he took the reigns in hand and voiced his command for the flying mount to take off.

Riven wasted little time getting into the air once his rider was prepared, his lion's body breaking into a run immediately as he bolted for the edge and leaped off, his white feathered wings spreading wide and catching the air, his sleek form gliding on the wind. Of course the wind was strong up at these heights, but their takeoff was also aided by Thaedras. The densely muscled and lean Elf sat confidently atop Riven, short strands of his black hair blowing back from his face as the wind caught the loose strands.

Only one of Thaedras' hands held the reigns currently, the other carrying a whirl of air that was being used to carry them both away from the cliff. Though it wasn't long before he stopped calling on the power of the wind and took hold of the reigns with both hands, Riven's form gliding gracefully through the air and Thaedras' surveying the land below with his keen eyes. Of course they were narrowed slightly in an effort to keep the wind from drying them out. He had goggles that he was supposed to wear, but they squeezed his head and he figured that if Riven didn't need them, neither did he.

The two flew along the border between Gustilard and Nether, which was always incredibly boring to Thaedras since after the first time he had encountered invaders, he rarely ever saw anyone coming over from Nether. He leaned closer to Riven so that the beast would be able to hear him better, "iar thys eil eidaelesi?" his voice was firm and deep as he shouted to his companion, the animal nodding its head a few times in response, which was just as Thaedras expected. Riven was much like Aethris and therefore just as much like Thaedras.

Akira Adhern
Nether
(Sorry I was out of town and I had it already for me to post last night and I just forgot.)

Akira watched as Eryss thought and then spoke. “34 years a good length. It’s good that you don’t feel alone. I totally understand needing time alone and your own space, I’m the eldest of 12 and they often say I’m unfeeling and uncaring because I don’t show emotions as well as they do and I’m not as tolerable as the rest of the misbehavings of the younger siblings and so, like today, I usually wake up early to have some time to myself. It’s nice to visit family though and to be around them. All my siblings eat like starving beasts every meal.” She spoke with a rather blank expression until the end where she gave a small rare laugh as she remember how her grandmother used to tease all of them for always eating in such a manner.

She watched the elf produce the rod and began to twirl it in her hand. It was quite nice to watch. She silently followed now, enjoying the quiet like she always did. After several minutes of the silence she decided to ask a question in a hushed manner. “What is the rod made of?”

Eryss Tena
Nether

“Don’t worry, I understand you,” Eryss gave Akira a comforting smile. “Expressiveness isn’t everything; It’s what you do for them that matters. Even If they don’t seem grateful now, I have no doubt they’ll be grateful for your dedication later.”

Eryss got excited when Akira asked her about the rod. “It’s made of dark energy.” She tossed it in the air, and it swirled into a dark purple cloud before vanishing. “It’s a skill all our village warriors learn. Why spend time forging weapons when you can create almost anything whenever you want?” To demonstrate, she reached over her right shoulder with her left hand as though she had something between her index and middle fingers. The elf closed her eyes for a moment, and her arm began to emit a dark aura. She took another step before making a throwing motion to a tree in front of her. A violet dagger with the same aura formed from thin air and flew towards tree, piercing its bark. It disappeared in the same manner that the rod had earlier, leaving behind the indent in the tree. The aura around Eryss' arm also vanished.

“Dark energy is something we pull from our own life forces as beings made by the goddess Obsidian. However, to limit the strain it puts on our bodies, the people of my village have some sort of enchantment on their bodies that they can draw from. The most common form of them is tattoos, but instead, I have these.” Eryss pointed to the amulet and bell around her neck. “We like to call these enchantments ‘triggers’. I hear some of the elves in Tyro use something similar to make fire.”

The elf had been so busy talking that she hadn’t noticed the waterfall crashing at the bottom of the nearby cliff. About 100 yards in front of them was a cottage, its walls made of grey brick and its roof made of a dark-colored wood. It faced the river at an angle so that the front was still visible to the two as they walked towards it. It was evident that it had two floors, as there were two glass windows on either side of the wooden door and one above it. Eryss’ room was on the second floor.

KuroBara KuroBara

Thaedras Valtherin
Nether
With a quick tug of the reigns, Thaedras urged Riven to turn more towards Nether, eventually riding directly into the bordering realm and further away from Gustilard. His dark eyes surveyed the land below, the shadow of he and his gryphon barely more than a spec on the trees below, the highwinds carrying them steadily as they took their little jaunt into territory unknown. The view of he and his companion was likely just as obscured as Thaedras' own was to the ground as the trees mostly covered his line of sight to the forest floor, though he could see a clearing of the trees and guessed that was either a road or a river.

Another tug of the reigns was given and Riven headed for the line that was marked in the forest, though he did not follow along the trail, instead cutting cross the space in the trees in order to see what was dividing them. Their altitude lowered as they neared, quickly skimming crosswise over the clearing, it was a river that cut through the trees.

As he flew lower, he began criss-crossing over the river's path, he and Riven both keeping an eye out on the sky around them. They had been patrolling the border between the two realms for so long but had never actually crossed over to see what Nether was like. Perhaps it was his own way of showing respect despite what the invaders had set out to accomplish in his own realm. Eventually curiosity, or perhaps boredom, had won out and so he had to keep his guard up as he did not know what sort of defenses or patrols existed in Nether as part of their security.

Akira Adhern
Nether
(Sorry for the wait, I've been rather busy)
Akira watched as the elf demonstrated her powers and explained them to her, she couldn’t help admiring Eryss, she had such control over her powers. As much as she enjoyed flying, being able to sense what lurked in shadows, and somewhat control the shadows themselves, she had a lot of trouble controlling it. Her grandmother used to always tell her that it was because she didn’t fully desire to attain her true power and in a way she believed her. Akira enjoyed the freedom that came with having the wings and to her simply knowing what hid within the shadows was enough, it meant she knew what to look out for. Her mother on the other hand had always been somewhat disappointed in her, not only for not being able to tap into her powers like herself or her other siblings but because she never even bothered to try. Her mother was actually able to create shadows and turn them into useful objects and have them do whatever she wanted.

“That’s rather interesting and a useful power to have.” She admired.

As they came up to the cabin Akira admired how quaint it looked. It looked like a home she could get used to, a home that was isolated and alone, the elf was rather lucky to have found it. “Your home is beautiful as well, I envy you.”

Eryss Tena
Nether

The elf smiled. "Now look to your left."

The point where the cabin was located was the point where the river ran into the lake. It was about half an acre wide, and it emptied at a waterfall at the edge of the cliff.

"I love the view from the cliff, but it looks the best at night," Eryss added. "Let's head in." She opened the door to her home, holding it open to let Akira in after her. A little bell rang from the door as it opened and closed.

In front of the two was a counter with shelves filled with various medicines and ingredients. There was also a door, which led to Eryss' brewing room and the stairs to her bedroom. To the right was a fireplace, along with a wooden dining table with two chairs. next to a window at the end of the room. There was a long coffee table in front of the fireplace and a sofa, with a wooden frame and cotton cushions . On the same wall as the fireplace, there was another door, leading to a second bedroom.

"Make yourself at home," Eryss insisted. " Sit wherever you'd like." She opened the door behind the counter and propped it open so that the dark fairy could still talk to her. "Would you like something to drink?"

KuroBara KuroBara

(No problem, life happens lol.)

Akira Adhern
Nether

Akira looked at in the direction she had been told. She watched as the river turned into the lake, mesmerized. Nature was a fascinating thing really. "Wow, it's beautiful." She mumbled as she followed Eryss, keeping her eyes out onto the water until she was all the way inside the cabin. "I prefer most things at night. I have a feeling that it has to do more with the fact that we're from Nether than anything else really."

She looked around the cabin, it was nice, not too small but not too big, just enough so that she could work on her medicines and if need be, have enough room for someone else. She could feel what the rooms might look like by the shadows that could be found inside them. Two bed rooms, there was a third room but she had a feeling it had more to do with her work than anything else. Akira moved to the fire place and sat down. Sitting in a home not accustom to wings was always troublesome, when you live with wings you know to make sure that all the chairs accommodate such things, like spaces in the couch should be removed in order to fit one's wings inside of, and chairs would normally have small backs so the wings could stay in a normal position. Unfortunately, inside the cabin she would need to spread them out and rap them somewhat around herself to make sure she wasn't sitting on them.

She looked over at Eryss. "Thank you and yes that would be lovely." She turned back to the fireplace. "Would you need help with anything? I don't mind."

Eryss Tena
Nether

“What would you…” Eryss’ voice trailed off. She looked at the bucket she usually used to fetch water nearby and saw that she had forgotten to get some before going on her morning walk to gather ingredients. “Oh, no. I don’t have any water,” she laughed a little. “Can you bring back some water, please? I really need to get started on this medicine. We can make some snacks later if you’d like.” Eryss placed the bucket on the counter and hurried back into the brewing room.

The elf floated around the room, searching from shelf to shelf to find ingredients. She moved quickly, but she did not appear as though she was in a rush. Eryss effortlessly tossed the elements of her tonic into a large caldron in amounts she had seemed to memorize by heart. Then, she took a match and lit a fire under it. “They sometimes call me the local witch,” Eryss joked.

KuroBara KuroBara

Akira Adhern
Nether
Akira smiled and nodded. “Of course.” She stood up and walked over to grab the bucket. She lingered behind for a moment to watch the elf in action. It was rather impressive, she was rather impressive, the way she moved about looking like she was gliding across the floor. When she started to pick up speed but still her expression remained neutral like she didn’t even notice the fairy couldn’t help smiling again. It reminded her of herself flying only just that morning.

She grabbed the bucket and made her way outside of the cabin again. Instead of walking Akira spread her wings and started flying high up, she made her way to the river that they had passed. She looked around herself admiring all the plants and trees that Eryss’ cabin was surrounded by, this place really was amazing, she couldn’t help but be a little envious knowing that at the end of the day she would need to return to her small home with so many siblings and parents, lack or privacy and loud noises. Here everything was quiet even though one knew life was going on all around oneself. She arrived at the river and scooped up water into the bucket, she took a second to admire all the little creatures in the water, magical and non, and moved away and flew her way back.

Walking back into the cabin she announced herself. “I’ve got the bucket of water. I can boil it for you if you want.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back