• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern LGBTQAP+ Summer Camp (Closed)

For the first poll, when would you like these meetings to be held?

• Every day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every other day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every week

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Every weekend

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greekgeek1213

Arrow Ace Aro Ace
il_340x270.1225093715_5ejj.jpg

Pic link: Click here!

Welcome campers! I got this idea (rather stole it, but oh well) from another RPer on this site when they made the RP a year or two ago, and I was hoping to bring it back to life! It will be a summer camp for kids ages 12-18 to experience and meet people of other sexual orientations, romantic orientations, and gender identities. Doesn't matter what your identities and orientations are, even if your character is questioning! I'm looking for some camp councelors and regular campers so that, through the greatness of role playing, we can learn from each other's characters, fall in love, and make some great friends. You can even have your character identify as straight/cis, as it will be more of a having fun and learning kind of camp :)

OOC Chat: Click Here!
Character Sheet: Click Here!
Meetings Page: Click Here!

Last edited:
Here's the map of the camp {lol, sorry for the crappy map. I'm not good at making them :/} and the list of wonderful camp activities! Let me know in the OOC Chat if you want to add or change anything :)

*Cabins: These are the cabins that the campers live in for the summer, with a counselor in each. Throughout the time spent at camp, there will be some challenges that each cabin (team) will participate in, where points will be given and a cool ice cream day/ another kind of prize will be given to the winning team. Something fun to get everyone working together!

*Fire Pit: The place in the middle of the cabins area where everyone can all come around and make s'mores, sing songs, and tell ghost stories!

*Bathrooms: Not gender specific so everyone can use any of the stalls.

*Archery Target Area: Self explanatory. You get to be your inner Katniss
Everdeen/Apollo/Artemis/Whoever you want that uses a bow and arrows, lol

*Rock Wall: Also self explanatory. Get to the top in under ten minutes and you receive three extra points for your cabin!

*Lake: A large, gorgeous lake for everyone to swim, kayak, and canoe in! Lots of lake games will take place over the summer so that everyone can stay cool in the heat.

*Meeting House: The largest building in camp. Every meal is held there, as well as discussions, meetings, and team-building exercises will be held here.

*Arts and Crafts Shack: A place to get your creativity on! Campers can make t-shirts, jewelry, crafts, and pretty much any creative thing you want.

*The Woods: A small patch of woods that lines the left side of camp and is closed off on the other side of the trees by wire fencing. Campers come here to explore, do scavenger hunts, play capture the flag, and more! Just be respectful of the creatures that live here! And don't worry, there are no bears or snakes here, so the most you'll see are some squirrels and a flock of birds.

Activities That Haven't Been Listed Yet: WIP until I've talked with the other two counselors. If you have any recommendations, let us know!​

Last edited:
Announcement: Because of there being one too many cabins for how many campers we have, and because we only have two counselors, I'm going to only have two cabins- the Bear Cabin and the Hawk Cabin. At this point, I'll start the RP and everyone can start replying! :D

In the woodsy part of southern Maine, there lies a small summer camp ready for kids of any and all identities to come and have the time of their lives over the course of the summer.
At the entrance are the two counselors, which are going to be in charge of the campers and will live with them in the two cabins.
"Welcome campers! I'm Jamie, but you can call me J, and I'm happy to welcome you to Camp Pride!" Jamie, the youngest of the two counselors, called out as cars pulled up with teens of various ages walking towards their new summer homes.

Last edited:
"Make sure to be nice to the campers today. I bet they've gone through a lot, and they need a day to transition. Just keep whatever you wanna say to yourself. Understand?" Jamie looked up to the much older and taller counselor with a stern look, knowing that it didn't matter how old she was, she had to make sure these other kids were okay for at least the first day.
billthesomething billthesomething

Last edited:
Ash shouldered her duffel bag strap, glancing back at her mom with a crooked grin.
"Make some friends!" Her mother waved, smiling as she began to pull away.
"Yep. Bye." Ash gave a small wave before turning towards the camp, already feeling nervous at the sight of other kids pulling in. Gulping, Ash shuffled towards the counselors, biting her lip as she approached with an awkward nod.
"Hey, I'm Ashton."

"Screw you, mom!" Mickey muttered under her breath as she arrived at the camp, hopping out of her uber driver's car. Since she lived in California, she had to take a plane ride to Maine, alone. Luckily, she had her handy-dandy IPhone and earbuds with her to drown out her surroundings.
She took her earbuds out and stuck them, along with her phone, in one of her suitcases. Kayla rolled her two suitcases over to, what she only assumed, were the counselors. She's never been to camp before, let alone a LGBTQ camp.
Great, already five seconds in and I got my first bug bite. She thought to herself, with annoyance written all over her face. Every so often, she would swat a couple of bugs away, but they would just keep coming back. She managed to flash the fakest smile she could muster to the counselors, as she stood there, glancing around. "Hey." She spoke, the irritation could be heard in her voice.
Mikayla "Mickey" Jennings
25zge4j.gif
15plcvd.gif
5f0pp2.gif

T sat in their family car, leg bouncing excitedly, as their parents drove them towards camp. Any chance to avoid her parents with an acceptable excuse and alibi was a good one in T's book, and this definitely counted as one- with the added bonus of other kids like them, no less.

In preparation for being able to avoid her parents for an entire week without them assuming T had participated in illicit activities and impregnated someone, T had already begun to tune them out. Something about behaving, blah blah blah, best behavior, not getting into trouble- the usual. Whatever. Eventually, the car began pulling into camp, and T’s seat belt was undone as they grabbed their bag, preparing to bolt as soon as possible.

As the car came to a stop, her mother began to speak. “And, most importantly, Te-”

A slam of the car door cut off whatever she had been about to say, and T turned to face the camp, quickly locating the people gathered nearby. They couldn’t help but beam as they bounced on over, listening to the counselor introduce herself.

“Hey, J,” they said once J had introduced herself, unable to resist the rhyme before giving a giddy wave to their fellow campers, smile not faltering even when they saw another camper's obvious annoyance.

Howard gave J's head a light reassuring pat, before placing his hand back into his denim jeans and replying "Don't worry your silly little head off Shrimpy." Shrimpy being his nickname for J, mostly coming to be due to their extreme height difference "I'll be easy on them, but the kids need to learn that the only things that can break bones are sticks and stones," Howey said quietly in a matter of fact tone. He then turned to the new arrivals, he gave them a lazy wave and a small smile.

He then jabbed a thumb in J's direction while introducing himself before placing his hand back into his pockets "Yeah, Like J said, Welcome to Camp Pride. Which is Only the Second Gayest place on earth right behind Disney World" Howey let out a light chortle before continuing "But that's enough jokes for the moment, I'm Howard Highland, But you can just call me Howey. I'm the other counselor, I'm also gonna be the resident asshole, but I'm only an asshole, cause I intend to toughen you up."

and while he was giving his little speech one could see his small smile shift into a small grin that filled those who saw it with a sense utter dread.
Greekgeek1213 Greekgeek1213 playboy playboy mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties Static Swarm Static Swarm

A executive car drove up to the entrance of the camp, Canadian and Quebec flags fluttered over it is head lights. From the front doors two burly man in suits stepped out and scanned the area. One opened the passenger side door revealing a pale girl in electric blue her and lips and wearing black leather pants and a blue and black gothic style corset. The girl scowled as she stepped out seeing one of the guards take a walkie talkie and spoke in in friends.

"Nous avons laissé tomber les marchandises."

She hated those bodyguard codename which struck to close to home. If she had her way she would not have them there at all, knowing how it would look to the other campers. Still it was trouble enough to persuade her parents to come here and to not have the the bodyguards follow her constantly, she had to accept the victories where she could get them. Her attention turned to the camps and surrounding forest and her smile returned, she took an intake of breath enjoying the forest air and looked on at the beauty of the place. Excitement filled her once more and she began to walk elegantly down the path to the main camp area wondering what she will meet.

Toughen us up? What did he mean by that?? Was one of the thoughts that were swirling around in Mikayla's clustered brain. Certainly, he was just joking...right? She brushed it off, though. Her outfit of the day consists of: a white crop top, light blue, slightly washed, ripped jeans, and white sandals.She made sure that her hair was in perfect curls.
When people first look at her, they assume that she's some sort of stuck-up princess from Cali....and they couldn't be more right. So, jealousy began to strike her when she saw, not one, but two, bodyguards come out of an extremely fancy car. Shortly after, a girl followed. "Who does she think she is?" Mickey asked herself in a hushed tone, rolling her dark blue eyes.
25zge4j.gif
15plcvd.gif
5f0pp2.gif

Howey received a wave back from T, who listened promptly as he spoke- and immediately encountered a moment of confusion. Gayest place on Earth? That didn’t sound right. They paid attention to him still, of course, while trying to remember something.

He finished, and they raised a hand tentatively, “Where does Tel Aviv fall, then?” Honestly, smiles meant to fill her with dread had stopped working on them after a while- desensitization, probably.

Then they heard another vehicle move up, and their head whipped around. Wow, fancy, they thought, looking at the car and then the men who got out. Then a girl stepped out, and with an outfit like that, she definitely made sure she was seen. And then she seemed to smile, and T couldn’t help but smile, too. She seemed excited to be here. Like them! They heard one of their fellow campers say something and promptly ignored her. As the new girl got close, she waved to her.

“Hey!”

The blue haired girl seemed oblivious to one of the girls deathly stare of one the campers but she certainly did. She made a note of the offended girl appearance and filled it for future reference, it was a poor first impression but would hold it against her just yet. The blue haired girl knew the impression she made with her entrance after all, not to mention the offended girl was gorgeous which world in her favour.

The blue haired girl approaches gathering with a wide smile and a little trot, it looked like she just managed to catch the introductory meeting. She heard someone call her and so turned to face the source, she was intrigued by the sight unsure what gender to place her. Still she approached the greeter and offered her hand. "Salut... Eh.. I am sorry I am not sure how to refer to you... madamoisele? I admit I am not experienced in the lgbt community." She said pleasantly and with evident curiosity, her accent was clear French and a little sing song.

Ash blinked at the sight of the french-speaking, blue haired girl. She looked rich and powerful, two things that Ash was not. She glanced down at her own outfit, jeans and a black t-shirt displaying Deadpool's logo. Ash messed around with her backpack strap, keeping her head low and scuffing the dirt with her shoe.

tumblr_inline_ocdre3v6HR1sc3ygs_400.gif
Mentioned: ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
Mood: Calm
With: Greekgeek1213 Greekgeek1213 playboy playboy mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties Static Swarm Static Swarm

Mikayla sort of calmed after a couple of minutes. Instead, she would take the scenery in, looking around to see her fellow peers. A subtle smirk slowly formed on her feature, following with a lip bite. There was no particular reason why she bit her lip, she just did it. It was a little quirk she had, and at times she didn't even notice.
When the blue-haired girl approached the group, Mickey forced a smile, showing her pearly whites. She didn't want to make herself seem....insecure, so she put on an act. The camp experience was new to her, so she had no clue what to expect. "Hi. I'm Mickey." Was all she said, and yet, her voice still had that demanding tone to it.

T smiled as the blue-haired girl asked how to refer to her.

"That works fine. In general I use she/her and they/them, and I'm genderqueer. It's nice to meet you." And they meant it, reaching a hand out to shake. They took note of the accent, but decided they wouldn't harass her on it... at least, not yet.

Mickey spoke, and they turned to her, eyebrows shooting up. Had this not been the same person to ask who she thought she was? However, turning to look at Mickey meant her eyes also went to the other girl present, taking in her posture, the way she kicked the ground...

"You're Ash, right?" they asked, smiling gently.

Ash looked up, returning a crooked grin, "Yeah."

She instantly straightened her shoulders, regaining a former posture, extending her arm to shake, "You must be T. I saw your name on the camp registration. Excited for camp to start?"

mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

"I see. Though i suppose we avoid the trouble if we introduce. Catherine though people call me Kat, I am all female." She said shaking hands with T. She turned her attention to Mickey and Ash and chuckled sweetly. "I didn't expect to meet so many so soon. Ma plaisir." She turned to Mickey. "You named to like the Disney mouse, how cute though not as happy as thst mickey ."She said her meaning it as a tease for the previous stare before turning to Ash. "Oh so very, I am keen to learn more of these eh... community."

Mentioned: ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

With: Greekgeek1213 Greekgeek1213 mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties Static Swarm Static Swarm

Tags:
"My name is actually Mikayla," She informed Kat, with a sense of bitterness to it. "But, please, don't call me Mikayla. Ever." She never let anybody call her that, and when they did, it made her furious. When she heard her happiness comment, Mickey didn't come up with a remark or anything, she simply ignored it.
Mickey was sure that more people were going to show up to the camp soon, but was growing impatient. She bit her bottom lip, overhearing the conversations that were going on around her. "So, uh, how do we know which cabins we're staying in?" She spoke up.

Ash grinned at Catherine, "Yeah, the LGBT+ community is a safe-space, and very warm spirited. You'll fit right in."

She glanced at the others, feeling her anxiety melt away at the happy faces of the other campers. Maybe this would work out. She turned back to Mickey, tilting her head slightly.

"The camp counselors will probably assign us." She stuck out her hand. "I'm Ash, by the way."

playboy playboy ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Catherine looked at Mickey with a little sympathy at the despite of her first name, understanding feeling of disliking own name. "No worries I will call you Mickey if ou call me Kat, Catherine to long of a name." She said pleasantly before turning yo Ash. "Merci, I am sure I will. This already better than home."
playboy playboy Static Swarm Static Swarm

A nod to Kat. "Alright." T grinned back at Ash. "Indeed I am. And very." She laughed a bit at Kat's comment to Mickey, face growing solemn as she nodded in understanding. They knew what it felt like to be called a name that didn't fit, and they weren't about to put someone else through that. T nodded along with what Ash said as well, because hey, that made a lot of sense. They listened to what Kat had to say, adding a, "Same." Nothing more, nothing less.

Mentioned: Static Swarm Static Swarm

With: Greekgeek1213 Greekgeek1213 mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties Static Swarm Static Swarm
When Mikayla heard Ash speak, she put on a smile, which wasn't sincere, and extend her hand to shake Ash's. "I'm Mickey." She introduced back.
The bugs stopped biting her like they were doing before, which brought relief to her. She played with the tips of her hair, with her manicured fingers.

{I'm back and happy that I got all of the classes I wanted for my first semester at college :D}

"Okay campers!," Jamie spoke up, seeing as only one person was yet to arrive, which was fine, as she could just use the time she had waiting for the camper to explain things and answer questions.
"Thank you all for joining us this summer! I know you're all excited to go into the camp, but first we have some things to talk about. You know, rules and regulations and whatnot. We also have Cabin results and tours after.

Okay, so first, the rules!
First and foremost, be safe! Use the proper harnesses, life jackets, and any other safety equient when doing activities and make sure to not walk into the woods alone. When in the woods for an activity, always be with your Cabin group.
Second rule, this place is for acceptance and respect. It's important to always keep an open mind, especially when it comes to the LGBTQAP+ community, since identities and orientations can be very challenging to understand and figure out. We're all friends here and we're all here to give a helping hand when things like this get tough, so don't make it harder on people by using insults or bullying or anything of that sort.
Third rule, keep the camp clean and tidy. It's a beautiful area and any litter of any kind is forbidden so that we can keep the camp the beautiful place it is.
And the last rule, have fun! This is summer camp and we'll be spending lots of time together doing activities, spending meals together, being in discussions, etc. Definitely make the most of it, and get involved! If you have any ideas of any activities we can add or discussions you want to have, please let Howey or I know!

And now, for the moment we've all been waiting for, the Cabin results! For Howey's Cabin, we have Kat, T, and Rachel, and Andy! You will be the Hawk Cabin. My Cabin mates include Mickey, Miya, Toby, and Ash! We'll be the Bear Cabin. If you end up having any problems with this that are serious enough that you want to move cabins, please let me know as I'm in charge of Cabin order.

One more thing, there're three more campers on their way, so we'll wait on the tour. But you can definitely continue to talk amongst yourselves or ask any questions!"

Last edited:
{I'm back and happy that I got all of the classes I wanted for my first semester at college :D}

"Okay campers!," Jamie spoke up, seeing as only one person was yet to arrive, which was fine, as she could just use the time she had waiting for the camper to explain things and answer questions.
"Thank you all for joining us this summer! I know you're all excited to go into the camp, but first we have some things to talk about. You know, rules and regulations and whatnot. We also have Cabin results and tours after.

Okay, so first, the rules!
First and foremost, be safe! Use the proper harnesses, life jackets, and any other safety equient when doing activities and make sure to not walk into the woods alone. When in the woods for an activity, always be with your Cabin group.
Second rule, this place is for acceptance and respect. It's important to always keep an open mind, especially when it comes to the LGBTQAP+ community, since identities and orientations can be very challenging to understand and figure out. We're all friends here and we're all here to give a helping hand when things like this get tough, so don't make it harder on people by using insults or bullying or anything of that sort.
Third rule, keep the camp clean and tidy. It's a beautiful area and any litter of any kind is forbidden so that we can keep the camp the beautiful place it is.
And the last rule, have fun! This is summer camp and we'll be spending lots of time together doing activities, spending meals together, being in discussions, etc. Definitely make the most of it, and get involved! If you have any ideas of any activities we can add or discussions you want to have, please let Howey or I know!

And now, for the moment we've all been waiting for, the Cabin results! For Howey's Cabin, we have Kat, T, and Rachel! You will be the Hawk Cabin. My Cabin mates include Mickey, Andy, and Ash! We'll be the Bear Cabin. If you end up having any problems with this that are serious enough that you want to move cabins, please let me know as I'm in charge of Cabin order.

One more thing, there're two more campers on their way, so we'll wait on the tour. But you can definitely continue to talk amongst yourselves or ask any questions!"

@Aaliyah Veda T That_Irish_Person G GreekgeekJR

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back