• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern LGBTQAP+ Summer Camp (Closed)

For the first poll, when would you like these meetings to be held?

• Every day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every other day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every week

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Every weekend

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
66c37493670a012969459c14ee93d8f0.jpg
RILEY HARPER
A second later, her smile had somewhat faded. Toby was growing increasingly nervous, and for some odd reason, it was bothering her more than it should. Suddenly, he left the group. Her first instinct was to follow him. It was almost as if solitude was calling her. She held back, knowing that he probably left for some time alone, and that leaving would also defeat her purpose for being at the camp in the first place. Stay. "Oh? That's interesting," she responded, nodding at the girl. At least she was talkative. Hopefully, the girl would make up for her own silence.

Interacting with: Everett__ Everett__

Tess watched the boy she decided she'd refer to as shy guy run off. Her own smile dropped and dark eyebrows pulled together in worry. Riley seemed like she wanted to follow him and Tess wondered if she had just totally messed something up. Tess muttered "apologize"under her breath,a habit she'd had since she was little.

"Oh, no. Did I scare him off?" Tess directed her words at Riley, "I'm sorry, I talk to much. Get carried away." Tess rubbed at the back of her neck and scuffed her tennis shoe against the dirt.

Tags
Riley; Fazy Fazy , Toby; Everett__ Everett__

Getting brushed off like that so casually actually made T feel better. She was once again acting in a way they could only assume was normal for her. Then she kept speaking and they couldn't help but frown. "Oh. Apologizing for... what? I just don't really know what you're apologizing for..." They felt Tess's tap, and gave her a wave and a glance before turning back to Audrey, noticing the group Tess was heading towards. However, she was in an important conversation, and wasn't about to just wander off, so back to Audrey she turned.

KingofAesir KingofAesir T That_Irish_Person

Last edited:
RILEY HARPER
"Uh... no, it's fine, really. He's just a little nervous," Riley answered. "You're fine. I like it when you talk," she added, encouraging her to speak more. It was best to have at least one open person in the group, since everyone seemed so quiet. She wasn't too sure about Lou, yet, though. Looking off into the distance, Riley zoned out for a minute.
Interacting with: Everett__ Everett__ KingofAesir KingofAesir Jun1p Jun1p

"Really? I.." Tess smiled at Riley and for the first time in quite a while she didn't know what to say. She didn't think she'd ever had someone tell her they liked it when she talked. Tess opened and closed her mouth a few times, struggling to figure out what to say when shy guy reappeared, saving her from having to respond to Riley.

"It's cool. Everyone gets scared sometimes." Tess offered a shrug and a grin, "I'm sorry if I'm too... eccentric. I've been told that I should tone it down sometimes."

Tags
Riley; Fazy Fazy , Toby; Everett__ Everett__

Toby smiled. "It wasn't you, there was just so much happening, I just got a bit freaked out. I don't do well talking to more than one person." He said, chuckling slightly.

KingofAesir KingofAesir

[ Sorry you guys, I'm watching "Milk", actually, the movie about Harvey Milk's story with my family, havent been able to rp other than just now getting on my phone ! ]

Lou Leona

At Tess' compliment, he gave a slight nod, and decided on the spot this interaction was worth the removal of his headphones. Slipping them out and pressing pause on his phone, he looked up with a slight twist in his lips at seeing the boy run off. His gaze followed, momentarily forgetting the two girls as he watched the stranger, still yet to have gotten his name. That kind of behavior made him sad, or angry, maybe, he wasn't sure, he just hated seeing another kid going through the kind of thing he recognized in himself. Lou tightened his jaws and stayed quiet, waiting patiently and blocking out the somewhat awkward but amiable words between Tess and the more shy girl. The silence persisted, until he noticed the boy come back up, but he didn't relax until he spoke. He gave a slight shake of his head, and straightened his back slightly. "I understand." He murmured, lips twisting into a soft frown. "I'm sorry, but, glad you're back..." Lou offered in an attempt to be congenial, but he half felt that he probably was coming off as cold. "Er, I never got your name, by the way. Let's see youre, Tess, I got that, and you two..." His words tightened as Lou kept up the unfamiliar tone of affability with these hopefully accepting strangers.

Tagged ;; Toby Everett__ Everett__ , Riley Fazy Fazy , Tess KingofAesir KingofAesir

Lou Leona

Almost surprised as he extended his hand, he found himself hesitating only a moment before extending his own hand to give as firm a shake as he could. "Lou. It's, I like it," He said, giving a dip of his head to the boy, "Er, your name, I mean." He added in quick confirmation, realizing his tone soured at the end but lifting his chin again regardless. Chewing softly on the inside of his mouth, he leaned back onto his palms on the stump, giving a glance down to his chest. A bit of the nerves calmed at how flat he looked, a combination of the position, and his binding that morning. He had a good do today. Quickly however he rose his head again, and glanced to the other girl, trying not to look too scary. "And, you are..?"

RILEY HARPER
Toby had returned, putting her more at ease, but that didn't take away from the fact that she felt out of place and awkward. The more she lingered, the stronger the need to leave grew, but then again, these feelings were from the same antisocial freak who formerly hated to engage in any sort of interaction whatsoever. She tuned back in when Lou turned towards her. "Oh, uh yeah. I'm Riley," she replied, in response to his question.

Interacting with: Everett__ Everett__ KingofAesir KingofAesir Jun1p Jun1p (I'll call it a night since it's about 2 AM, sorry for the late response. Continue without me!)

"Hey Riley, you alright?" Toby asked, noticing her discomfort. He was beginning to get more comfortable around these people. Toby bit the inside of his cheek.

Fazy Fazy

Lou Leona

It seemed as though an unusual amount of time passed between his inquiry and the girl's response. He felt a stutter in his chest, a bit of nerves acting up as she seemed to be lost in thought, and had to wonder if perhaps it was because she didn't want to be speaking with him. Sitting up, he lowered his gaze, and gave a curt nod when she finally replied. Yes, that tone of voice was familiar, it was clear she either had better things to do, or, he thought as he rose to his feet and tugged his fingers through his hair, she was just as anxious as he was about the situation. On his feet now, Lou paused with a hand in his back pocket, prepared to remove his phone and make himself scarce, but he made no further move to pull it out, only slowly resumed the motion of his first hand in his hair.
Now, standing, he looked up at the others and once again cursed one of his feminine features; the measly stature of 5'5 was nothing any guy would hold up. He attempted to make up for the lost inches by lifting his chin and chest just so, then shifting to jam his hands in his back pockets. "So um..." He began, then winced at the awkwardness, before he heard Toby speak up, the words making him look up from the spot he'd fixed his gaze on the ground to give Riley another once over.
She did look rather frazzled, apparently every one of them had some level of first day jitters. As much as he felt bad for both her issues and Toby's anxiety, it was a bit of a relief to see that they weren't all perfect individuals. It was encouraging, to say the least, after striving his entire life to reach unattainable perfection and good opinions from everyone he knew, to find that here others were struggling too, and he likely wouldn't have to try so damn hard. "Hey, you-" He began, then lifted a hand, pausing, pausing some more. He pulled back slightly, then, with ginger, feather light fingers, made the briefest of contact with her shoulder. "Y'know, everyone's nervous, right? H*ll I, well, spent the whole morning here, ya know... just, we've all got s**t, that makes this, this kinda thing, hard," He gestured with a gentle sweep to the camp around them. "So I just, mean... don't, take it so seriously," The words started with a gentle, almost matrimonial tone, but by the end had shifted to a grumble, as Lou had more and more troubled by how difficult it was to try and help people. He ended the comment with, not a smile, but a look of respect and dignity, a non-physical hand of encouragement.

Tagged ;; Toby Everett__ Everett__ , Riley Fazy Fazy ( it's alright, sleep is important, I've got to go too, but back in the morning ! )

"I'm sorry for being such a b****..... T-there is a reason for it I guess which sounds stupid but yeah.... Anyway I don't think I have properly introduced myself, I'm Audrey, Audrey Jensen." She offered T her hand to shake but couldn't help but to stare at her face in awe. Nothing is allowed to happen here Audrey, stop it! A smile spread across her face

mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

Oh. She was beating herself up again. T frowned almost unnoticeably, shifting from one foot to the other as they watched her with hooded eyes. 'Sorry for being such a b****." told them... absolutely nothing. However, their eyes immediately blinked back to life, lighting up as if someone had finally turned on the exhaust, as Audrey mentioned a reason. Straightening up, they took her hand, trying to smile back at her as they shook it, ignoring the awe on her face and the way she was staring as well as they could. "I'm T, and honestly my brother's ten times worse than you. And you have a reason, so." They smirked.

T That_Irish_Person

She was quite shocked when they shook her hand though T's name had her thinking, is that her actual name or is it short for something? She giggled when she said that her brother is worse than she is, that made her feel a little bit better. She felt a little accepted.

T smiled as Audrey giggled. It felt like they had won something, no matter how small. Encouraged by this recent victory, she decided to push the conversation forward. "So, Audrey, what made you decide to come to camp?"

T That_Irish_Person

Oh, wrong thing to ask.... You shouldn't go there.... Audrey's face deflated a little and contemplated whether or not to tell her why she was here, she thought only to tell her some of it. "Well my mother thought it would be best for me to come here and.... and try to make friends.... How about you?" She felt a little better since she got the girl problem off of her chest a little with Jamie.

Oh. They realized as soon as her face deflated that they had made a mistake. Their eyes widened a bit, mouth becoming a concerned frown. She answered and... wow, that wasn't nearly as bad as they were expecting. As the question was turned around, their eyes lit back up. "Oh, any excuse to get out of the house is a good one, and I like summer camp! This one just seemed especially good- not having to explain my sexual, romantic, or gender identities? Sign me the f*** up!"

T That_Irish_Person

RILEY HARPER
Wondering how to start up the conversation again, Riley could only stare at Lou as he spoke. He had a good way with words, since he'd managed to calm her down somehow. She kind of flinched as he brushed her shoulder, since she wasn't quite used to socializing with people, much less coming into contact with them. "Thanks... for that," she answered, shuffling her feet. "I really needed it." A small smile formed on her lips again. "What were you listening to?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. She was fairly interested in music, so maybe he had a similar taste. At this point, she really just needed something to take the idea of leaving off her mind. Riley had noticed Lou standing and adjusting himself to make himself seem taller. She didn't make much of it, since she herself was around 5'2". Perhaps he'd height insecurities. Not wanting to call him out for it, she pretended to have not seen the gesture and waited for a response.

Interacting with: Everett__ Everett__ KingofAesir KingofAesir Jun1p Jun1p (So sorry for the late response. My Wi-Fi was acting up yesterday :()

Lou Leona

At the girl's flinch, he swallowed, instantly regretting his decision to make contact with her, and moved back slightly. What had made him want to do that? Lou was the least physical of anyone he knew, in part because someone touching him meant danger, it was just the connection he made in his mind. He could only imagine what had given her the instinct to flinch, and he suddenly felt his stomach clench with guilt. He'd definitely need to apologize later, but if one good thing came from his offhanded attempt to comfort her.. she did thank him. And, as Lou lifted his gaze again, she even had a bit of a smile on her lips. It was then he noticed that he in fact was taller than her, not by much, but enough to make him feel mature, and less like a little girl playing dress up.
"I'm, I'm glad I was able to help," He replied, having trouble smiling himself but able to offer her a warm gaze to thank her for her discretion with his shift, and to show he'd genuinely meant his words. Despite the bit of resolution they'd reached with that, he was more than happy to change subjects, and at her inquiry felt his gaze brighten slightly, eager to talk about his music. "Ah, that was Chet Faker, he's, he's like," Furrowing his brows, he struggled momentarily for a way to describe the unusual genre. "It's kind of, soft, hip-hop, or no wait.. um, let's see," He faltered yet again, a bit of color creeping into his cheeks as he attempted to put the music into words. "He's kind of like Tycho, Flume, or Kygo, it's... soft electronic, I guess. Y'know it might be easier if I show you sometime during camp, kind of, hard to describe," Lou finally finished, feeling unsuccessful in his ability to put words to the feelings those songs gave him, but giving up.

Tagged ;; Everett__ Everett__ KingofAesir KingofAesir Fazy Fazy ( it's a-ok, I had a busy day yesterday so I wouldn't have been able to reply much anyway )

RILEY HARPER
Lou appeared to be growing more comfortable around the group as time passed, as was she. He showed a lot of enthusiasm when it came to talking about music, but she found it rather cute so she didn't really mind. Describing music was a difficult thing to do, but she understood because she frequently listened to Flume and Kygo. "I-I think I kinda get what your saying," she answered, laughing a little. "I don't consistently listen to one genre. It's sort of just... me, hopping from one song to another 'cuz I can't find anything that really resonates with me, you know? I'm waiting to find the right one. Or the right song. Or just something in general that connects." At this point, she realized that it was not only music she was referring to, but in a sense, the two ideas were the same. Speaking metaphorically wasn't something she did often, considering how she rarely spoke at all, though she'd managed to express her feelings nonetheless.

Interacting with: Everett__ Everett__ KingofAesir KingofAesir Jun1p Jun1p

{hi everyone, I apologize again for the wait. I've been trying to contact the other counselors for the past two days but they haven't said a word back. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow I'll just go along and pretend they are there. I do have the order of who's in the cabins so I'll list them right after this message. Again, I'm really sorry for the delays. Though what would help is if some or you volunteered to be a counselor :) it helps a heck of a lot and it's fun for us too! Let me know if any of you are interested!}

[ I'm totally happy to volunteer as a counselor ! Should I change my character, or make a new one ? ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back