• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern LGBTQAP+ Summer Camp (Closed)

For the first poll, when would you like these meetings to be held?

• Every day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every other day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every week

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Every weekend

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T nodded along to everything she said, face lighting up. "Wow, you travel? What's it like- where all have you been? Other than France and Greece and- well- here. I wish I traveled. My family doesn't really go anywhere. We've been in the same house since before I was bor-" Oh, right, they never said their name. "Oh, right!" She stuck out her hand. "I'm T, nice to meetcha!"

KingofAesir KingofAesir

Toby hugged his knees. He looked at Riley.

"Do you think we should head back to find everyone? Or.. not. I doubt anyone cares that i'm gone." He mumbled the last part to himself. He then groaned and grabbed a fistful of his hair.

"Stop thinking like that." he hissed to himself. He probably looked insane.
"i'm sorry." He said, looking back at the water

Fazy Fazy

TESS REED
"I'm used to goodbye."

Tess took T's hand and shook it firmly, nodding along with the introduction. She was quite glad she had already made a friend of sorts all the worry about anyone disliking her... enthusiasm fading away.

"Nice to meet you too, T." Tess let her hands drop to her sides as she tried to remember all the places she'd been. "As for where I've been, I was born in Australia, I've been to Italy, Russia, Ireland, Ukraine, Scotland..." Tess narrowed her eyebrows as she counted off on her fingers, "Uh, the UK, Iceland, Greenland, Switzerland, Vietnam and there was one more.." Tess scratched her head in thought, "Oh! A month in Mongolia!" Tess nodded, satisfied with her list.

Tags
T; mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

Audrey sat there listening to J's advice, it was rather calming what she was saying and made her feel a little bit at home now, but she didn't want to let that show. "Thanks...." She laughed a little at Jamie's comment on the teenagers here. She got up from her rock and followed J hearing her say before that she was in the cabin with her. She started to walk up to T the girl that was trying to talk to her earlier but saw she was talking with someone so walked off and started to play Temple Run on her phone before running into a wall, "Ow!! You stupid mother f*****!!" She realised she grabbed a little attention and scratched behind her head in embarrassment, "Ha... The wall... It uhh sorry" She couldn't help wanting to befriend the girl that she was rude to before, but she had to wait for the right time and had to work on something to say.

mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties
Greekgeek1213 Greekgeek1213

66c37493670a012969459c14ee93d8f0.jpg
RILEY HARPER
"Yeah, we could go back. We could make other friends. But really... don't talk like that. I'm 100% sure that people care about you. I do. And I know that someone who cares would hate to see you say something like that when you're looking right at them. You're cute and funny, and you have a great personality. What's not to like?" Riley paused after her short(ish) ramble. Stop talking. "So, yeah. W-we can go back," she stammered, adding a nervous little laugh at the end of her sentence. Her eyes wandered, watching him mess with his hair.

Interacting with: Everett__ Everett__

"What was your favorite place?" T asked, still very, very interested in this train of thought. "And what time of year did you visit everywhere?"

Then there was the sound of cursing- a very familiar voice cursing, too. "Oh, Audrey, you're back! Hi! Everyone keeps apologizing for nothing, makes no sense, honestly."

KingofAesir KingofAesir T That_Irish_Person

Audrey heard her name and looked around seeing T and blushed a little. Why am I blushing over a girl that I just met... We had a deal not to like anyone.... "Oh hey... Listen about earlier...." She walked up to T trying to hide her blush, she may have started to develop a crush on her but she didn't know for sure, she didn't know anything about her. "God you're pretty." She accidentally whispered instead of saying it in her mind.

As she stumbled through the campsite she noticed her first adult sitting on a rock talking to another girl with black hair as short as hers who seemed to be upset about something. She didn't want to interrupt, so she waited until she left to talk to the councillor "Hey, I am VERY late! Um, are you in charge here? My names Peg- sorry, Penelope, I'm trying to figure out what I'm meant to be doing?" She asked the lady Greekgeek1213 Greekgeek1213

{Sorry everyone for the wait!!! Been pretty busy, but the promise of another counselor has just been given and once they make a character and we go through everything for hopefully the last time, we will be going on with the RP :) But for right now, just continue to talk amongst yourselves and go to the cabins (for the ones that know which cabins they are in). Again, sorry for the long wait and I'll be working on this for the rest of the day so you shouldn't have to wait for long!}

Tess stood there eyeing the girl that had just approached them, her head comes to the side. A smile formed on her face but she didn't bring up to matter, it seemed the girl, Audrey, hadn't meant to say what she did in the first place. Tess rocked back on her heels and tried to come up with something to break the looming awkwardness.

"So, T, if you're interested I have sone more dug up trinkets I could show you." Tess turned to Audrey with a thousand watt smile. "I'm Tess, by the way. Nice ta meet ya."

Tags
T; mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties , Audrey; T That_Irish_Person

Toby smiled momentarily, then stood up. He looked back at the lake again, staring at it for just a second as he waited for Riley to get up as well.

Fazy Fazy

Audrey's eyes widened at her saying thank you. Oh crap.... You've done it now.... She was quick to make herself seem like a bitch again crossing her arms in front of her, "Yeah, whatever...." She completely ignored Tess's introduction but regretted that. "Anyway I was going to say sorry about earlier but I don't know if you can take that apology anymore?" She instantly regretted what she said which was displayed on her face.

mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties
KingofAesir KingofAesir

RILEY HARPER
Riley nodded at Toby and stood up. "Where are we supposed to go? I'm kind of clueless about this place since I just got here. Like... um, okay. Who should we talk to?" she asked, trying to figure out which group of people the two should approach. "I'm sorry. I'm not really good with people."

Toby shrugged. "You're my first friend in a while, talking to people isn't exactly my forte." He chuckled nervously. His anxiety was getting to him again, and he began to play with the sleeve of his sweater.
Toby looked over everyone, his palms sweating.

Fazy Fazy

Lou Leona
1074370e737e0ea85854ef27fcc74c1a--fo-porter-beautiful-freckles.jpg

Because his aunt had the early morning shift at the diner in town, Lou had to be dropped off rather early at camp for the first day. This was something he was rather relieved of; getting to scope out the territory, find escape routes and safe spots, he was glad for the opportunity to become comfortable with the area without having to worry about the others. As soon as people began arriving, Lou fled to the area by the art shack, where he'd staked out a large stump on which to perch. The stump was sort of beneath the shadow of another tree, and higher up on a slope a little ways from the meeting house, the perfect vantage point to survey the other campers without necessarily being seen himself. Rolling his flannel sleeves down, he popped one earbud in to calm himself with some Chet Faker as the area slowly filled up. He laid eyes on a few gender neutral looking kids, which was a bit of a relief considering he'd been nervous about it just being a lot of gay kids, but they were all quite.. well, interesting looking. With a glance at his shabby flannel and a shaky hand through his wind mussed hair, he grew slightly self conscious about his choices for the first day. There was a girl with beautiful blue hair, a couple cute boys with trendy glasses, he**, some of those girls looked like models. With a slight huff, he hunched his shoulders and folded his legs on the stump, plugging his other ear with a headphone. "I'll meet people later.."

RILEY HARPER
"So... neither of us are people persons. Um... okay. Uh, that's fine." Riley swallowed hard and looked around. So many people. She wished that one of them would be singled out so that it would be easier for her to talk to them, but it seemed that everyone was occupied. Riley sent a look over at Toby. He seemed worse than her when it came to befriending others. She didn't want to lose the first and only friend she had. She tried to calm herself down, scanning the crowd for people who seemed friendly. Her eyes landed on someone sitting on a rock not too far away; he was listening to music, but camp was supposed to be a place for socializing. Perfect. "What about him?"

"s-sure." He stuttered. He took a deep breath, continuing to play with his sleeve.
"It's gonna be okay." He mumbled to himself, though, it didn't exactly help him.

Fazy Fazy

RILEY HARPER
Riley was feeling a little bit better about the whole idea of camp, especially because it had previously seemed like she was going to be totally alone. "Come on," she said, motioning to Toby. Riley approached the person cautiously. She didn't want them to be mad for bothering them, but neither she or Toby were capable of speaking to more than one person yet. They were wearing a flannel, and they wore a neutral(ish) expression. "Um, hi," she said, in an audible voice, waving.

Interacting with: Everett__ Everett__ Jun1p Jun1p

Toby looked at his feet, his anxiety making it nearly impossible for him to even consider making accidental eye-contact.
He was so awkward. Why was he so awkward?
But, he followed Riley, not wanting to be alone. He was only thinking about the negatives, his mother would have scolded him for this. She would have pinched his cheeks, and told him to 'stop being so negative.' He smiled at that thought. Especially the cheek pinching. She did that so often to him. It was embarrassing. But he would always laugh about it later.

He heard Riley speak first. After she spoke, he looked up and smiled softly. He waved, then looked back down. To many, this would be seen as 'anxious' or 'shy', but in that moment, that was considered bravery for Toby.

Fazy Fazy Jun1p Jun1p

Tess crossed her own arms, the thin lining of lean muscle there flexing in annoyance. This chick had just completely ignored her. Tess frowned but said nothing and craned her head to see if she could spot anyone else to talk to. It seemed a small group had convened around a person dressed in flannel. Flannel. That made her think of her father. Tess tapped T's arm in a silent "see you later". Whatever Miss Rude was there for didn't seem to involve her at all, she'do leave herself out of it.

Tess replastered that oh so bright smile on her face as she made her way over to flannel dude , a boy staring shyly down at his shoes, and a girl who seemed just as shy as he was. Now, Tess was not shy, by any means and one could easily see that by the way she confidently sidled up to the three.

"Chaírete." She greeted amiably in Greek, soon realising these people probably had no idea what she just said, "I mean, hello." Tess breathed a laugh, light and airy, "Sorry, still not used to being in America. Anyway, I'm Tess and I figured I'd come over here because..." Tess paused, "Because it was made ever so apparent I was not welcome over there." Tess jabbed a thumb over her shoulder in Audrey's direction.

"But, also to tell you, I like your shirt." Tess told flannel dude, with a lopsided grin.

Tags
Lou; Jun1p Jun1p , Riley; Fazy Fazy , Toby; Everett__ Everett__

Lou

After plugging in the second headphone, he'd relaxed slightly, eyes slipping closed and his head bowing to his chest. Music was such a wonderful respite from the fear and anxiety of the real world, something he was quite glad to have access too. He kept his phone on airplane mode with the brightness almost entirely down so as to conserve his battery as long as possible; once, he'd made it through more than 24 hours listening to music without having to charge up. At that moment, Lou was immersed in the lyrics to a recent favorite, so much that he wasn't aware of the presence of others until a familiar sound of shifting fabric sifted through the soft lo-fi beats.
Eyes snapping open, he hunched his shoulders and lifted his chin, trying to keep the casual masculine look despite his lifted heart rate. "I-er, hey.." He said slowly, gaze sliding from the girl who'd spoken to her companion, probably the cuter of the two boys, who right off the bat, Lou could tell had some anxiety issues. He relaxed slightly when he noticed this, and a sympathetic smile twitched at his lips. He opened his mouth to introduce himself when a new girl approached more open, bouncier, instantly lifting his guard again.
Blinking as she spoke, he made a silent observation that she talked a lot, but it seemed okay, because she was still relatively awkward. "Hi back, I'm Lou."

RILEY HARPER
Another girl popped up, almost out of nowhere. "Hello," she murmured, nodding slightly in her direction. Riley blinked in the direction of which she'd come from, where there were two other females who seemed to be arguing. Meanwhile, Riley had been keeping an eye on Toby, who was constantly fiddling with his sleeves. She understood him, and knew that he probably didn't want to be pitied. Licking her lips, Riley took a closer look at who she currently knew as Lou. After focusing a little, she realized that he was sitting on what appeared to be a tree stump. The other girl was clearly not American, considering that she'd said something in a foreign language and had even mentioned that she was having trouble adjusting. She was also amusing. However, Riley had suddenly become more self-conscious and wary of her surroundings. It was too late to back out of the group, but she could hang around and pretend to be sociable. Though she knew her mother would be disappointed with her sudden change, Riley knew that she was a hopeless case. "I'm Riley," she started, hoping that it would get the others talking.

Interacting with: Everett__ Everett__ Jun1p Jun1p KingofAesir KingofAesir

Last edited:
Tess nodded as she let his name roll off her tongue, "Lou. Simple, I like it." Tess repeated the name inside her head as to not foeget it, memory was not her strong suit in any situation. Her dancing was the only exception though that was more muscle memory by now.

The other girl with them spoke up, Tess could tell these people weren't the most open and wondered for a moment if she should take herself down a notch. Brown eyes watched curiously as the girl seemed to struggle with talking. When she did introduce herself, Tess grinned.

"You know, Riley was the name of my dance teacher in Italy." Tess smiled at the memory, "Pretty name. Though,I think it fits you better than it did her."Tess complimented.

Tags
Riley; @Fazy,Lou; Jun1p Jun1p

Toby was very aware of the new presence, and he was panicking. He heart was beating fast.
"I'll be back." He whispered, walking off quickly. He was shaking slightly. Too many people. Too much interaction. Toby went back to the spot where he had met Riley, seeing as he was going to claim it as his 'solitude'. He sat down, running his hands through his hair.

"i'm sorry." he mumbled to no one in particular. He was attempting to calm down, but he was only working himself up more. His thoughts all negative. He had probably lost his only friend, and the chance to make two more. He didn't want to be alone. The thought of being alone made him feel so terrified. He hugged his knees, rocking slightly. He liked this moment of alone-ness. Maybe it was because he knew he still had a chance with his friend, and to-be friends? Either way, he was calming down.

Fazy Fazy Jun1p Jun1p KingofAesir KingofAesir

Users who are viewing this thread

Back