• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

LF Long Term Partner

Lurker

Supa hot fire. I spit that.
Just want to preface this by saying sorry for the most likely bad formatting. Haven't messed around with formatting options since the website change.

Introduction!

Hiya. You can call me Lurker or Spippey, I respond to either. I'm looking for a (preferably female) partner for a one on one roleplay. Little about myself, I'm a 20 year old college student. Going to school for Computer Information Technologies. I figured since I'm already on the computer all the time I might as well make a career out of it. Hobbies include playing video games and uh...That's pretty much it really. I've been roleplaying off and on for about 12 years now. Started back in digichats when those were a thing. Stopped for a long time besides the occasional rp in skype. Then on a whim decided to give it a whirl in World of Warcraft and it kind of rekindled my passion for RP'ing. That's when I came here.

Requirements and stuff

This is going to be really unorganized, just kind of what pops into my head as I type. Kind of standard requirements first.

Post Length : I personally don't like writing any more than four solid paragraphs. My minimum would be two. It's just a personal preference. I feel like in most cases if a person writes more than four paragraphs they're either monologuing a ton, describing each blade of grass in great length, or are interacting with my character far too much in one post. If you like to write more that's fine I just don't like to so we probably won't work out. You do you boo boo. That said, I know everyone gets writer's block and I'm not gonna rage quit if you reply with a single paragraph every once in a while. Let's make it the exception, not the rule.

Post Rate : Life happens. Depending on my mood and what I'm doing that day I may not get to reply or I may reply 8 times. It just depends. I'm not going to get super upset if you don't reply once a day, but if you know about a leave of absence, lemme know. I'll do the same.

Grammar : I'm not going to bite your head off for every single spelling mistake. Just try not to have too many of them. It just gets distracting if there's too many.

Take it easy : This one's just a personal thing. I'm a laid back guy and at the end of the day, I do this for fun. If you're going to take it super seriously and get upset if my post quality isn't up to your standards, we're not gonna work. I'll be honest, I'm not the best writer. English is probably one of my worst subjects. I'm happy to give a writing sample but if you're expecting Shakespeare, look somewhere else. Likewise, as long as you're not consistently sending me one paragraph, I could probably care less about the quality of your posting. I don't judge. As long as you're moving the plot forward. Don't just follow whatever my characters doing.

General stuff : No god modding. I write my character, you write yours. I don't personally double up but I'll often write NPC's into the story. Feel free to control them, just try your best to follow the personality and description I set. If I write in a cop for example, don't just make him start shooting people for no reason. In a one on one II think it's fine to just write in NPC's and have both of us use them to forward the plot. If we're doing an action roleplay, don't make a mary sue or john doe. No one likes an almighty god character. Write in weaknesses. It's not fun if there's never any challenges.

Romance etc : While I don't mind romance in and of itself, I don't write plots around it. I'd rather let it happen through the roleplay. I don't do ERP, smut, whatever you want to call it. It's not my thing. Sorry.

My Character : I will always play a male character. I'd ask my partner play a female character. If you're dying to double up and make a male, sure. This is just a personal thing. I also don't recycle characters, it's just not my thing. I have no problem if you have a character and want to use it though.

Time : This probably won't be an issue but, I don't like to be involved in too many roleplays. If I get more than two or three responses, I'll have to filter some. It's nothing personal, I just don't like logging on and seeing 7 notifications that I have to respond to. Often I respond in my down time and if I don't have any, I'll never get to all of them. Even talking about this makes me feel like I'm being cocky and think I'll get 100 responses but it's a just in case thing.

OOC : Since this is a thing apparently, I'm more than happy to talk in OOC. I like making friends.

_____

So that's all. If you're still with me then awesome. You might be wondering what plots I have in mind. Well, I don't! I'm more than happy to roleplay whatever, and if you don't have any ideas either, we can workshop it together. Send me some pairings you're interested or a plot idea you have and I'll let you know what I think. I don't like starting a roleplay strictly from a pairing, but they're good basis to use as a plot. I'll tentatively put some fandoms I wouldn't mind roleplaying down below. If you want to do one I'd ask we both make OC characters and make it in the fandom universe but the stuff of the game/movie/show/whatever didn't happen. So like, for Death Note, our characters would be in a universe where the death note exists but all the characters from the actual show were never born. If that makes sense. The plot would also need to be really strong. Basically, I'm open to the idea, but it'd need to be a really, really solid idea.

Fandoms:

Death Note

The Blacklist

Kingdom Hearts

World of Warcraft (Or if you wanna just play WoW tbh hit me up.)

Final Fantasy X (Eternal Calm, no whale monster)

Kuroko no Basket (This one could be fun to be honest. It's what made me like basketball in the first place.)

And lastly, general plot idea I'm craving is an "on the run" type roleplay. Whether there's a big spooky monster chasing our characters or we're wanted by the fbi, it doesn't matter.

_______

That's everything! Thanks for taking the time to read everything if you did. If you're interested, shoot me a PM or respond to this I guess. I prefer to keep my one on ones to PM but if you're super adamant about it being public I don't mind. It's just me being self conscious about my writing, not trying to sneak in ERP or anything.

Hello there!  The on the run/wanted by the FBI concept seems pretty interesting, and I've got a few plot ideas in mind for it.  PM me to discuss?

Hey! I was wondering if you'd like to try a Death Note rp with the concept of running and or being wanted/hunted?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! I have a few RPs up my sleeve and would love to share my ideas with you. RPing them would also be great.~ If you are interested, please shoot me a PM or reply. c:

Hey! The whole 'on the run' thing says pretty cool. I know you said you wouldn't reply if you got too many messages, and that's fine... But I figured I'd try anyway. And I'm glad you play male characters, because I only play female! Other than that, everything you've said seems to fit with me... And well, let me know if you're interested.

I'd also be happy to come up with a completely different plot! Just like brainstorm together or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back