• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Let's Write! (partner search)

Solarix

Find Me In The Shadows
Hello! I'm quite new to RPN, but I'd like to start things off with a partner search.

I've been role-playing since my middle school days so I've had a varied experience - from rapid fire to long, novel-esque threads, from onexone partners to small groups. So I'm quite open to RPs and stories of all kinds.

Small Stuff:

• I love writing so I tend to elaborate detail. I write at least three or four good paragraphs per response. And I would love a like-minded partner.
  • I'm by no means a stickler for grammar so I don't mind minor mistakes. But please give me a response that I could read.
  • I live for plotting and character development!! I tend to over-think and really try to bring my characters to life. Honestly, I'm probably emotionally attached to my muses.
  • I personally prefer MxF pairings, but I'm flexible and also consider FxF and MxM with good plots. As far as relationships go, platonic/romantic/antagonistic - I don't mind. I love exploring different types of relationships.
  • I do double and triple characters, but I can't keep up with more than three in one thread.
  • I live in the Eastern Time Zone, but it really hasn't stopped me from RPing with a different time zone before.
  • I don't mind it if you lose interest in a plot or pairing, but please, please, please let me know. I don't think anyone likes waiting for a response that's not coming. I won't be mad.
  • I really have no preference for medium, whether it's PM, email, threads, or in messengers. Just let me know which one you'd like. (Although right now, it says I can't create new PMs.)
  • Most importantly, if you have triggers, please let me know right away. I want my partners to feel safe and not have to worry about topics that distress them.
Preferences:
  • Genres: Realistic, Post-apocalyptic, Modern, Espionage, Fantasy, Futuristic, Action/Adventure, Horror, Military, Gang/Mafia, Steampunk, Mythical Deities
  • Themes: Long-time Rivals, Angsty/Strained Relationships, Anti-Heroes, Broken Families, Out of Touch Lovers, Broken Soul Shipping, Imperfect People, Slow-burn Romance, Dealing with Mental Illness or Addiction, Good Vs. Evil, Frenemies, High School Drama, Superheroes In Disguise, Rock Bands, Time-traveling, Asylum Inmates, Lab Experiments
  • Pairings: Outlaw x Law Enforcer, Soldier x Medic, Spy x Spy, Android x Human, Human x Ghost/Supernatural/Monster, Pirate x Soldier, Assassin x Assassin, Person of Authority x Body Guard, Criminal x Psychologist, Recovering Person x Doctor, Jock x Nerd, Mafia x Rival Mafia, Human x Super-hero, Good Girl/Boy x Bad Girl/Boy, Demi-god x Human, Prisoner x Cop, Scientist x Experiment
  • Fandoms: Assassin's Creed (I've only finished Ezio's story line - until Revelations), Devil May Cry, Pokemon, Bioshock, Marvel (The Avengers, X-Men), DC (Teen Titans), Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, Saint's Row, Mafia II
    • Side Note: I prefer playing OCs to Canons in fandoms, meaning the world will still be the same, but the character is completely my own. But if you want to play a canon, then, by all means. I also play certain Canons, but just ask which.
  • Prompts/Lyrics:
    • "This is what happens when a tornado meets a volcano."
    • "You’ve become so damaged that when someone tries to give you what you deserve, you have no fucking idea how to respond."
    • "You gotta let me go. 'Cause I'm in love with rock and roll."
    • "You got two eyes that took me by surprise when you walked by."
    • "Keep laughing and I'll cut off your head in your sleep."
    • "You’re staying here, and you’re gonna lie with me and hold me."
    • "We've all got a monster inside of us. And we're all responsible for what it does when we let it out."
    • "Let's start a riot."
    • "Living just isn't hard enough. They take everything away."
    • "Even saints have a past and sinners have a future."
    • "If a flower bloomed in a dark room, would you trust it?"
    • "In fact, I warned you. I'll make your tummy sick."
    • "I will hold on hope and I won't let you choke on the noose around your neck."
    • "The misty gloom seems to soak up my sorrow. The further I went on I felt a spreading calm. Then suddenly my eyes were bathed in a light."
    • "Free me from myself. Shut down my mind. A solo revolution. Into the light."
    • "House is haunted. I just want to go for a ride."
    • "I will not bow. I will not break. I will shut the world away."
So that's it for now. I'll update in the future. And thanks for reading!

A mix of old and new always. I don't stick to fixed genres usually. Currently I'm having a bit of a re-foray into Panic at the Disco.
Sounds like fun. Today I found myself switching between Soundgarden and Audioslave. I loved Cornell! R.I.P. to a great vocalist. :c

Hey :)
I saw your thread and the android X human pairing caught my eye, though if I'm being honest, I like a lot of the plots/ pairings you have listed here xD

Hey! I really love your writing style and there are quite a few things here that caught my eye, so if you're still looking, I'm totally interested! ^-^

Hey, I'm looking for a some more RP partners myself and this thread caught my eye. I tend to write a lot, depending the situation ( 2-5 paragraphs ) and I love going deep with characters, developing backstories and such. If you're still looking, I'm most definitely interested! Criminal x Psychologist, Human x Supernatural/Ghost/ etc. and Bad Boy/Girl x Girl/Boy sounds intriguing. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back