Anime & Manga Lets talk Mob Psycho 100

GuacamolLord

This is the best anime i have seen thus far;

I first started watching the show with my brother, i fell in love with the show almost instantly and every afternoon i would watch it with him. My personal favorite character is Dimple, i think its funny how he isn't a villain or a protagonist, those are usually my favorite characters. I feel like a large amount of people can enjoy the show, and Shigeo is a great protagonist with a good balance of personality. I can't find another anime that i like as much as this one. Any time anyone shows me an anime, i cant get this one out of my mind. If you haven't seen it, you should. If you have you can geek out with me

I love MP100 too! I love Shigeo as a protagonist because he comes off so sweet and simple, just a kid trying to live peacefully and get muscles. Even during the more intense moments of the show, it was very much a Chill Out show to me, like the media equivalent of a comfy sweatshirt. Not to mention the animation is beautiful.

It's funny cause I just so happen to be rewatching Mob Psycho since 2 days ago. I love Reigen! It's funny how he carries himself and his cons, but at the same time be act as the moral mentor for Mob.

I personally find it a little sad that One Punch Man got a lot more attention than this. IMO, Mob Psycho easily surpasses One Punch Man but that's my opinion.

It's funny cause I just so happen to be rewatching Mob Psycho since 2 days ago. I love Reigen! It's funny how he carries himself and his cons, but at the same time be act as the moral mentor for Mob.

I personally find it a little sad that One Punch Man got a lot more attention than this. IMO, Mob Psycho easily surpasses One Punch Man but that's my opinion.
I found Saitama and Shigeo equally lovable, and I agree that in the beginning there was a large gap in popularity. MP100 has gained a lot of traction in fan base recently, so who knows.

Mob Psycho was honestly a really "meh" anime for me. While there were definitely some cool things about it, I don't think there was anything exceptional nor was it exceptionally consistent. Regarding the comparison to one punch man, I think the association actually boosted mob psycho a lot and made people start looking at it more like an art piece than entertainment. Mob psycho is, in my humble opinion, a perfectly average show that has a tad more flair than it has substance, but allow me to detail a bit more.

First concerning the art style, while there are some creative uses of it now and then, I find that this overall minimalist art style is rather overrated. Don't get me wrong, it flows and I myself can't advocate for very complex art styles given how much I enjoy moe blobs. I think it may add to the tone a bit, but in the end of the day, I just don't think it's anything that praiseworthy. Is it terrible? I certainly find it rather ugly, but that's just me. But to call it strictly better than polished stuff just because it looks funky... I think it's going a bit too far.

Well, I suppose that was more of a criticism of the praise it gets than the actual show, so let's balance it with some praise: I LOVE Reigen. His natural yet awkward way of deceiving, his overall style, the way his sly personna somehow ends up being so badass, I love it all! More than Mob, even. In fact, I pretty much love every character more than mob. That green talking head guy, the motorcycle dude from episode 2 I think? They had a more compelling character than Mob.

Mob is human. Mob is a fairly decent character. But as a main character, he's the worst. Anytime he is on screen, all I want is to jump to another character's viewpoint. He is monotone, the only sense of progression we get from him is the countdown to his next emotional burst, his motivations are sorta tossed aside half the time because they are not important to the plot, which wouldn't be bad except those are the ESSENCE of what makes him anything like a human character. If your character can be replaced with a semi-sentient magic wand with no difference in the story, they just aren't a good main character.

And about those peaks of his, they are overdramatized to the point that aside from the hype of what's going to happen as he snaps (like with most OP chars, though these weren't overly impressive so they don't have much rewatch value), you can predict when they will happen even without the numbers. It's so pin-point at the moment of narrative climax that it kinda takes me out of it. Though given they did add a countdown, maybe that was intentional. Guess I'll never know.

Lastly, the story itself lacked direction. It was never moving to a point or with a certain progression. It was more like a slice of life attempting to rush to create a plot for the final two episodes, but for a whole series and without having much ground to deliver on due to lack of build up. Where would a sequel even go? Where could the characters? The few goals there are, we barely see them as impactful already, so what could an expansive story really deliver?

Now, while I did give a lot of shit to mob psycho, as I said I find it to be an average show. It has bad aspects to it, mostly on that it doesn't deliver what it wants to sell, but it also has good parts to it. There are moments of inventiveness, and plenty of characters and moments are pretty interesteing and entertaining even if mostly just once. To me it's just a shame THOSE stories weren't put as the real focus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back