• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Let's Play A Game

Desert Rose

Adored Muse
Yes I have a thread already on here in hopes of finding a decent rp partner. However, I want to try something a little different. So... Let's play a game!

I like detail oriented rps I mean if you can keep my attention in a 4 sentence paragraph of just your character taking off their hat then that's pretty damn good. Needless to say I don't like fluff I like details for the sake of the plot progression.

The Game: I am going to give you an introduction to work with... I simply want you to respond. Personally I think this will be challenging and fun and it's a way to really tell if writing styles are compatible without taking anything personal.

It had been a couple of days since the siege of Shayla very few dark fairies survived and even fewer escaped. Those who escaped flew as fast and as far away as they could. Their magics were no match against the mysterious sorcerer, and so the capital was taken. However, someone needed to stand up against the sorcerer and fight back. That someone was a dark fairy who worked as a scout and was lucky to have escaped Shayla just before it fell.

The dark fairy had been traveling on the path by night as she didn't care for the sun and night would give her better cover. She took no time to mourn over the ones she lost vowing to avenge them. She had a small pack with her that carried the few necessities she could scrounge up while under attack. She knew their was a village not far that she could get better supplies. For now all she had to go on was a myth in hopes of finding its existence could put an end to this era of terror.

The dark fairy, Aylin, had used her magic to grow from her small fairy form into an average height human although her ears pointed slightly and adorned with ear cuffs that wrapped around the ear. She wore a grey tattered skirt with pink fabric carelessly laced to the band of the waist and fell loosely around the skirt at different lengths. Her top was a grey and layered with a dull pink over it that was tattered so parts of the grey shirt peeked through. Grey boots clung to her legs and came up over her legs the end of them hidden under the skirt. Her waist length black hair spilled over her shoulders tangles with some leaves giving proof she had been in a hurry and had been traveling for at least a day. Her wings hidden by a spell and a black cloak with a crescent moon adorning the back flowed behind her.

The hood of the cloak was down for now as she traveled quietly through the night towards the town she knew and hoped to gain a small amount of safety and even more so supplies and answers regarding the parchment she carried with a myth that she hoped was in fact real.

Feel free to comment with a response to that... My intro length to rps ranges to this length or even longer depending on the character/story set up. This is just for example's sake but if interested in this storyline let me know and we can come up with something to work with.

Most importantly have fun and I actually look forward to seeing who will sate my curiosity of entries with replies to this intro.

Malius, He thought he was a human but his species is unknown. He was born to a fairy mother and a human father. Malius' parents had a bad love story. Though the two souls connected by heart, a physical interaction was not possible between them. The two souls were never able to have a child until they seeked the advice of a sorcerer. The sorcerer made the possibility of a Child with his black magic but with a curse. His father was bed ridden for the use of black magic. Malius is a flower bloomed by dark magic.

The word about the siege of Shayla spreaded like a forest fire thought out the worlds. Malius's fairy mother was in the town of Shayla during the siege. The news reached Malius only the next day after the siege. The siege shook his heart worried about his mother. There is no way other than to go to the capital in search of her mother.

It was now exactly twenty four hours since Malius left his home leaving a hope on his father's heart to bring back her mother. He traveled through dense forests even when the sun above his head. It was quite easy for his lean body to run through the forest at a faster pace. His heart pounced on his petite chest. His dark messy hair spread over his fore head hiding his green eyes. His mud soaked torn shirt and pant covered his body except his face and palms. His bare walked ran through the forest without considering the sharp stones and poisonous insects. Besides this, Malius was an Tele-kinetic. A untrained one. His powers are uncontrolled and he never use them.

After a day of walking through the forest, His sore green eyes saw a town. It was told that the town after the first was rich with supplies. He walked through a street. There was absolute silence all over the town as it's midnight and the moon shining bright on his side. Malius eye's searched for humans but in vain. He walked deep into the town in hope of resting and continuing his walk in the morning.

The town was dark and downtrodden, long had it been in the hands of the sorcerer already -- and it seemed in the dark eyes of the villagers hope had long since left them. Greyish people tended greyish crops in greyish fields by greyish houses. This had been the last stop of the sorceror before he took a hand to the conquest of the Fae folk of Aylin's people -- and walking among them she was careful lest there be the eyes of the sorcerors agents about her.

Only the center of town had anything of note for her -- an old dilapidated Inn, locked and barred, hung with loose and tattered banners, proclaimed it was an adventurers guild, long closed. Nearby was a potion apothacary, the smell of magic from it was for Aylin undeniable. Across the lane from the Apothecary was a circle of wagons -- travelers, nomad folk, who had made camp in a untended park and the guard either did not want any trouble from them, or had decided not to bother with the strange people and their strange camp... singing strange songs whilst hawking bizarre wares.

As unremarkable a beginning for any adventure -- like a match set to burn. Aylin held the Myth -- a story that told of the sorceror's dark master, and perhaps the key for unravelling his power and avenging her kin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back