• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Let It Be What It Is

Navarre introduced them, pointing to each of the people. "Farkrie, this is Gigi, Bill, Davy and Schmidt. They're going to help us tonight."

Gigi stuck her hand out first, a friendly smile on her face, though she clearly wasn't sure what to think of Farkrie. Neither were any of the others, except for Bill, who looked like he was drunk already. It was the middle of the day, and he was already drunk.

Which was just like Bill, to be honest.

"We have a lot of planning to do," Gigi told them. "So we better get to it."

"Pleasure to meet you all, but yes, Gigi, you are right. We should probably start with the talents you each possess." Farkrie shook the girl's hand while speaking.

Gigi nodded, agreeing with this strange elf. "I have just some water elemental magic. Davy and Schmidt don't talk a lot, but they have weapons magic. They can shoot any kind of weapon from their palms. And Bill... Well, if he ever wakes up, he has sound magic. He can knock people out with it."

Speaking of Bill, who had drunkedly pointed at Farkrie and drawled, "You're pretty..." before falling to his side, suddenly asleep. Navarre and Davy dragged him over to one of the mattresses before returning to the table.

"What can you do, Farkrie?" Gigi asked.

She held out her hand, then lit a fire in her palm. "I can manipulate most matter, and can take control of other people's spells and use them to my advantage. I can also fight mentally, which I will most likely have to do with Lenira when the time comes. I know basis hand to hand combat, and can fight with most weapons, although I am not as strong as I could be. I have other, weaker abilities that I doubt will be useful in this situation."

"Let's get planning, then." Navarre said, eager to get on with the planning. He wasn't one for small talk.

They cleared the small table, and Gigi reached behind her, pulling out a confiscated map. When Navarre glanced at her questioningly, she just shrugged. "We were going to get you out. But have you seen the wards on the prison doors? It's lucky you found that old mine escape. Anyway. We should come in here. This is the tower to Lenira's chambers. That's where the wards are the weakest. I can take down the wards, and Davy and Schmidt can take care of guards. Navarre, you and Farkrie work together to take down Lenira. Remember, we kill her, we take everyone out. That sound good?"

"Navarre," Farkrie said, speaking quickly. "If you and I join minds, and link thoughts, we will be stronger than Lenira. I was able to get a feel for how strong she is, and if we work together, we will be able to overcome her."

Navarre was less than comfortable with that. He hardly knew Farkrie, and joining minds was often more private than people realized. He had done it only once before, and that was with his best friend when they were trying to escape. Now with Farkrie, whom he didn't know? At all?

But, she was right. He knew better than anyone how strong her defenses were. But there were several lives on the line, Gwen's included.

His voice stiff, he said, "Good idea."

"Great! We kill Lenira. Everyone good on the plan? We start at sundown."
Gigi decided. She glanced at Bill, and sighed. "Bill's not coming, is he?"

Navarre glanced at the heavily asleep Bill. "Nope. Like old times, eh?"

Gigi smiled, except it was more sad than happy. "Yeah. Just like old times."

Farkrie noticed Navarre's hesitation and stiffness. She pulled him aside a bit. "Navarre, it's not going to work if you do not trust me. I know you know this, but I think you needed to hear it from someone else." She paused for a moment. "I owe you my life, and you are going to help me get Gwen back. I trust you with every fiber of my being. But the trust has to go both ways."

Last edited by a moderator:
Navarre looked straight into her eyes. Why did she trust him? She didn't know him, and he very clearly didn't trust her. But he clenched his jaw and gave a stiff nod. "Fine. Tonight."

And after that, we part ways, never to see each other again.

She smiled softly, her eyes soft. "You are very different from the little boy I saved all those years ago. I thank the gods for that, because where would I be without your help?"

Probably still in a cell, Navarre thought. He glanced over to the window, the sun barely past noon. They still had a few hours to practice.

"We have a few hours till it's show time!" Gigi smiled, and glanced at everyone in the room, looking a little disappointed at Bill. "We should all get ready.

((If you would indulge me, include a time skip so we can get to attacking and drama and stuff.))

(k 'scuze ny typos i make please.)

As the sun sunk lower on the horizon, Farkrie adjusted her armor and guarded her mind. After the sun fully disappeared, she gathered everyone and began to speak. "I want to thank you all for helping me tonight, and I have one last request to ask you you. If I am captured, or if anything else happens that is not to plan, get yourselves to saftey."

Gigi waved her off. "Captured? She'll kill you. You'll be lucky if you just get thrown in the tunnels again."

Navarre gave her a look, and Gigi shrugged with attitude. "What? It's true. Let's get going, alright?"

She stepped out, and Navarre mouthed sorry to Farkrie. They had practiced and trained all six hours that they had, and it had made Gigi's feelings boil a bit. She would be fine, though. Navarre knew she would be.

The boys were the same as always. Strong, and hadn't spoken a word. Bill they had left to continue to sleep it off. He was used to waking up hung over in strange places, so they didn't bother leaving a note.

The group made their way to the tower, and Gigi focused for a few minutes to take down the wards. They were tense, and all the guys--Navarre, Davy and Schmidt--looked tense the entire time.

With a short bob of her head, Gigi touched the wall. It didn't react, so she began to find handholds and footholds. The boys were after her, and Navarre looked at Farkrie.

"Coming?" He whispered.

Lenira's windows had heavy curtains, poisoned. Gigi waved her hands while sitting on Navarre's shoulders, taking down the poisonous spells. Navarre pushed his shoulders up, helping her up into Lenira's rooms. He then hoisted himself over the ledge, and the boys soon followed.

"Alright. You boys know what to do." Gigi told them, and they nodded, running out the nearest exit. No one else was in the room, and it was lavishly decorated, in gold. Gold ran everywhere, from the sheets to the mirror to the curtains. Gigi gave a low whistle.

Navarre turned to Farkrie. But as soon as he caught her eyes, a thousand mental defenses hit him like a rock fall.

He fell against a golden bed post, using it for support. Gigi touched his shoulder and he nearly threw her off, but she got the message pretty quickly. Navarre focused, grabbing mentally and bringing up his barriers and walls. They were up earlier, but he put more up, and eventually the pain subsided.

"It was... just a ward. Not an actual attack." Navarre explained. "But I think she knows we're here. Gigi, find Gwen."

"Don't know what she looks like."

Navarre suddenly realized that he didn't, either. He suddenly touched Farkrie's shoulders, and said, "Gwen. Think of her."

She closed her eyes and thought of the girl she was risking so much for. Her long, dark hair, and her face that shined like the sun, her mouth that was as soon to smile as it was to give a scalding remark. Her beautiful eyes, that had seen so much sorrow and yet could still twinkle with mirth. the way she moved, the way she talked, Farkrie thought about it all, along with the immense amounts of love and worry she had for Gwen.

"Is that enough?"

Navarre didn't expect so much emotion from one image. Or one girl. He nodded, and transferred just the image to Gigi. She nodded, and dashed from the room. Navarre looked straight at Farkrie.

"Listen. If you flood me with that much emotion during the meld, you'll kill both of us. But, if we use that emotion to power the meld, it'll be that much more strong. Understand?"

"You say that like you don't think I have done this before." She tilts her head and smiles. "I know our limits."

Navarre just nodded, and gently placed his fingers on her face. He exhaled and let the magic flow between them. He hated bonds, but he knew this one was important.

He connected their two minds, easily putting the bond into place and feeding it Farkrie's worry and emotion. He dropped his arms, and used the bond to speak to Farkrie.

"I control the bond," He whispered mentally. "Let's find Lenira."

"Oh, I don't think you need to look any harder."

Lenira, wearing a white dress and a silver crown, walked into the room just then. She smiled her cold smile, and beckoned them. "Come. My family is waiting."

Navarre's anger flowed across the bond, but he knew it wasn't strong enough yet. One slap from Lenira and it would break.

"We need to go with her. The bond isn't strong enough yet, and she can't know it exists." He told her mentally.

"I understand." She whispered back. "Lenira, how nice to see you again, you little bitch. Having troubles keeping your prisoners contained?" She grinned, eyes flashing.

Lenira raised her chin disdainfully. She stalked out of the room, and Navarre followed her out. They walked down the tower and to the throne room, where the rest of her "family" were waiting. Including Gwen, who was richly dressed and holding hands with Crispin.

"Now that we're all here, perhaps we should make an announcement. Tonight, all of your little friends will die, Oliver, by the people I adopted into my family."

Suddenly Davy, Schmidt and Gigi were dragged into the room. All of them were bruised or bleeding, and Davy was holding his shoulder.

Lenira smiled at Farkrie and Navarre. "When you take down wards, my wards, I know. Reckless, what you were doing, Farkrie. You should know better. I didn't think you of all people would be blind."

Something clicked in in her head. "It's ready..."

"I always know what I am doing," Farkrie smiled. "A fact that you should not forget."

Lenira looked to a young man, leaning against the wall. "As do I, Farkrie. As do I."

She beckoned him forward, and he came, a red head. Gigi gasped, and looked anguished.

"Eric dear, I believe you remember your former sister. She tried to kill me, and several of your sisters and brothers are dead because of her and her friends. Do what needs to be done."

Navarre watched as his best friend smirked, grabbed a dagger, and walked over pointing it at Gigi's heart. Tears streamed from her eyes, and she was whispering to him, begging him.

We have to do something, Navarre whispered. But what?

Watch, Farkrie whispered, flicking her hand. Nothing noticeable happened, but Gigi was now covered my a magical shield, one that could block almost any physical attack.

Gigi felt the magical shield come on her, but she focused entirely on her brother. "Eric, please, I know you're in there, please, please, please..."

Eric shoved the knife forward, but as soon as it touched the shield it flicked out of his hand and into a nearby column. With a growl his hands clawed up, fire and energy flowing between his fingers.

Before anyone could react he cast a tunnel of fire over Gigi's head, killing her before she could even scream. Davy and Schmidt tried to get away, but they were held down by more kids. Lenira smiled, and ordered the body to be thrown away.

Navarre, for lack of a better term, exploded. He grabbed Farkrie's hand, gripping her tightly.

NOW.

He needed Farkrie's power, and he thrust it all at Lenira's mind. It was like a dragon slamming into the sea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back