• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Let It Be What It Is

((My dad suggested that someone throw a fireball at someone else.))

Navarre nodded.

((That may be the shortest post I've ever done. But I can't think of anything else...))

Farkrie watched Gwen sleep. "We can't go back to the forest, the area is most likely going to be watched. I don't know where else to go."

(If we can work it in, that might be a good idea.)

((This was officially two years ago. But I have had this scene in my head for those two years, and so I thought I'd share it with you. I doubt you'll ever see it, but I need to get it down on the roleplay. I hope I do Farkrie justice. And I hope that if you do return, you'll find me again. I'm actually Yatasal now, but Vespertide is my secret identity. I'd appreciate it if you didn't share it with anyone.
The scenes that lead up to this one are undecided. Eventually they make it to the capitol, and Navarre is either dead or long gone by now. Truth is I forgot about him when I came up with the scene, so idk what happened to him. The king is quite evil, similar to Lenira, but instead of magic he uses his position to gain more power. He doesn't care about anyone but himself, and plans to kill half of the kingdom in order to provide prosperity for the rest of them. Think Thanos. His power is he can absorb others' magic and use it himself. Gwen and Farkrie decide to put a stop to that. It ends in a major battle in the middle of the town square between Gwen and the King.))

A magical storm had formed above them, and Gwen used it to shoot lightning at the king. He deflected her strikes like they were nothing, and cast wind at her to toss her thin frame around the square. But if he thought he could control her storm? He had another think coming.

"Oh no you don't!" Gwen cried. She snapped both of her hands towards him, riding the wind and sending buckets of rain down on his head. She had just learned how to create hail, and she clawed her hands, causing the rain on the king's head to turn to ice balls. He growled in pain and threw the tiny rain cloud off of him.

Gwen avoided wind and lightning as she thought through her next move. The king could use her magic, he had absorbed it last night. But he didn't have her control over it. She needed to do something big, something unpredictable, and something that could obliterate the king. Gwen twisted to avoid another lightning strike, landing in a fighter's crouch. She looked to the crowd that had gathered on the other side of the square, and could see Farkrie forcing her way through the crowd. She put her mouth into a hard line, and closed her eyes, connecting Farkrie to the storm.

Farkrie, I'm sorry. And I love you. Take care of my pa okay? It was nice getting to know him again. Thank you for everything.

She opened her eyes and saw the king just as his sword went through her chest. Gwen sucked in breath, and poured rain down on them, making the King slip and stumble back. She stood, despite the pain in her chest. Big mistake. She was going to use this pain, her pain for leaving Farkrie, her pain at Navarre's death, everything life had done wrong to her. All wrapped into one storm.

The winds howled and kicked up. The rain came down in droplets as huge as her fist, hail joining the mix as Gwen put her fists straight up into the air. And with that, Gwen screamed, "FOR FARKRIE!"

She cast the largest lightning strike she could, bigger than anything she had ever cast. Rolled in with the lightning was all of her hurt and anguish, and she used it to fuel the strike. The king swung his sword, about to strike her again, but she got him first. A huge lightning ball struck him in the middle of the chest, and he convulsed as the electricity ran through his body, doubled by the puddles at his feet. The king exploded, all that was left of him was smoke and ash. Gwen's winds ran wild around her as she fell to her knees. She had done it. She had done it.

She looked down to her chest, blood pumping out of it. She didn't even feel the pain, oddly enough. She just sighed, and fell forward, closing her eyes.

Gwen! Come on, my little cloud. It's time for you to come home!

Mama?

Yes, my little cloud. Time to come home, alright? Your grandparents are waiting for you! I have a peach pie waiting for you.

A woman extended her hand to help Gwen stand up. She was in a white dress, and so was Gwen. Gwen cried and ran to her mama, who hugged her. Come on my little cloud. It's time to come home.

*****​

Farkrie heard the message, and stopped, listening to the words in disbelief. No! Gwen!

She tried to force her way through the crowd, but once she was past the crowd she couldn't get through the wind. "GWEN! DON'T DO IT!"

Even with her elvish vision, Farkrie didn't see Gwen. She couldn't see her!

And then the winds stopped. The king was nowhere to be seen, but judging from the pair of lavishly decorated shoes mysteriously devoid of their master, Gwen had destroyed him. I can't believe... She did it. She killed him.

But her eyes quickly saw Gwen, her dear Gwen, lying face down in the middle of the square. Around her were puddles, aftermath of the rain, but they weren't what made her run. Mixing with the puddles was a deep red liquid. Blood. Gwen's blood.

Farkrie walked in a daze to Gwen, the daughter of her heart. "Gwen?"

She was wet. She was soaked. She would need to be dried off so she didn't get hypothermia. Farkrie went slowly to her knees, and pulled Gwen onto her back. There was a huge wound on her chest, covering her whole front in blood. Farkrie gently wiped the blood and grime off of Gwen's face, brushing away wet hair.

"Why are you wet, my sweet girl?" Farkrie whispered as she held Gwen close to her. "You told me you never get wet in rain."

Oh I won't get wet. Trust me.

It still wouldn't be a good idea for you to go out there alone.

Then come too! You won't get wet. See? Not a single drop on me.

Farkrie smiled at the memory, tears forming as she kissed Gwen's cold head. She had been so at peace that day. Despite everything, she had been excited to show off her magic.

Farkrie rocked Gwen back and forth, singing softly to her. It's alright my dear one, my daughter, it's alright. She closed her eyes, and continued to sing.

What would she do now? Navarre, Gwen... Everyone she loved was dead. She couldn't go back to the forest, not when it would be haunted by memories of Gwen. Farkrie looked up to the sky, and to the gods that were surely watching her. "Take me too," she whispered. "I have no business here anymore."

Are you sure? A voice gently whispered. Gwen and Navarre would like to see you, if you're ready.

Farkrie nodded. "I'm ready."

A woman in white extended her hand, and smiled. I'm Gwen's mother. Thank you for taking care of my daughter. Come. She's excited to see you again.

Farkrie took the woman's hand, and left the world that hadn't been kind to her.

A new voice sang, and other voices joined in.

Lay down,

Your sweet and weary head.

Night is falling,

You have come to journey's end.

Sleep now,

Dream of the ones who came before

They are calling from across the distant shore.

Why do you weep?

What are these tears upon your face?

Soon you will see

All of your fears will pass away

Safe in my arms

You're only sleeping

What can you see

On the horizion?

Why do the white gulls call?

Across the sea

A pale moon rises

The ships have come to carry you home

Hope fades

Into the world of night

Through shadows falling

Out of memory and time

Don't say we have come now to the end

White shores are calling

You and I will meet again

And you'll be here in my arms

Just sleeping...

Farkrie!

Gwen!

The two embrace, never to be parted again.

And so their story ends... In peace and harmony.

((I hope you enjoyed it. The song is Into the West, the last song from the last LOTR movie.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back