• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Let It Be What It Is

She nodded and wrapped her arms around his chest, supporting him on the way over to the table. She sat him down and placed a bowl of salad and a large piece of bread with jam slathered on it in front of him.

Navarre hadn't touched real food in a long time. He just hadn't realized how much time until he ate the bread and jam.

Soon he was piling food into his mouth. He couldn't stop, and he soon cleared the table. He felt much better, almost like he could walk again.

But he didn't really feel like falling down. But if he was going to be of any use, he had to be able to run.

He stood up, and used the table for balance. He was determined, and today was the day. He knew better than anyone. The longer Gwen was under Lenira's spell, the harder and more painful it was going to be to drag her out of it.

"Is there any magic you can do?" Navarre asked suddenly. "To help me to start running again, faster? Or at least walk?"

"I could," she tilted her head. "But the best way would be for the muscle to become stronger on its own. Healing magic is really only supposed to be used in dire situations."

Navarre took a step, a stumbling one, but he caught his balance. "This is going to take too long."

He took another step, his knees beginning to buckle. He managed to make it to the wall before he knew he was falling again. But he just got up, and pushed off the wall to step outside onto the beach. The waves were crashing, and that's when he heard it.

He could've sworn he heard it. As clear as he heard the waves.

HELP ME! Someone please!

And it was Gwen's mind calling out. It pierced his head, and he managed to stand completely still. His own magic was still strong, but not quite strong enough to reach her. Why was she calling out, though? He knew her mind was cloudy now. How could she be in danger?

Unless she wasn't as deep as he thought she was... And if Lenira found out...

"Farkrie!" Navarre called, ignoring his stumbling legs. "It's Gwen. I think she's calling out. We should do whatever we're going to do, and fast. If she's calling out now, we have a chance."

She stopped what she was doing. "How long do we have?" She asked quickly, picking Navarre up and preparing to run.

"Not long. Give me the magic." Navarre demanded. "If I can't run, I'll be caught, and I will slit my own throat before I go back there again."

Farkrie knit her eyebrows together. "Naverre, I don't have the energy. I have barely slept, and I have used a lot of magic in the recent hours."

Navarre nodded, looking back towards the beach. What now? He could barely walk, and they needed to act fast.

"Then we need a plan," He said, walking and stumbling without losing his balance. "That doesn't involve me running."

"This." She whistled, using a touch of magic to amplify the sound. Even with his ears covered, it probably hurt.

Navarre winced and cringed with the loud whistle, and gripped his ears harder. Even when it was over, Navarre's ears were ringing.

"What was that for?" He asked, his voice a bit loud as his hearing was a bit shot.

"Just wait." After a while her horse came cantering towards them. "Hello, Cadoc, my old friend." She patted his cheek, then helped Navarre into the saddle.

"We still need a plan of attack." Navarre reminded her as he settled himself onto the saddle. "Are you coming on him, too?"

"Guards and wards," Navarre thought back to his time with Lenira before she found out she couldn't turn him. "Armed with magic and prestige. No one breaks in there. So no one has."

"I don't have any weapons, but the guards should not be a problem. The wards are a different story. If I could borrow some of your strength, I might be able to break through them. Might."

"I may have a few friends in town who can help us. I don't know if they're still here, but it's worth a shot, right?" Navarre told her. "I need my strength if I'm going to break through to Gwen."

"I'd have to meet with them again. But if they remained the same, they should be trusted."

Navarre nodded, and clicked his tongue, urging the horse forward. He sped away, leaving Farkrie alone on the beach. Though it was somewhat dangerous for him or Farkrie to be in town, they needed help. There was no way they were taking that manor down alone.

"So what you're saying is, mate," Bill slurred after a draught of ale. "That you plan on taking on ol' Mazzer's house tonight, with a girl you met yesterday, to save a girl you haven't ever met, and possibly kill Lenira or Mazzer in the process?"

Navarre thought it sounded supremely difficult coming from Bill's drunk mouth. He looked at Gigi, his best friend's sister. Also with them was Schmidt and Davy, who were both mute.

"Well, I'm in. I know it'd be impossible to get Eric back, but... If I can take down that monster, then I want to try. Bill's coming, too."

"What? No, I ne'er say that..."
He burped. "'Nother drink, need nother drink..."

Davy and Schmidt both put their hands on the table, as if they were saying, We're in.

Navarre smiled, glad his friends were with him on this. They had all at one point been to Lenira's, except for Gigi. Eric had managed to keep Lenira's touch away from his little sister, even though he was heavily in her curse.

"Alright. Come. I'll introduce you to Farkrie."

Secretly Navarre led them all, including the horse, back to the shack. He had already checked all of their minds for Lenira's magic, and there was none. They stayed in the shack, the sun reaching its full height, at noon.

Now they just had to wait for Farkrie to return.

Farkrie had made her way back to the manor, hiding in the shadows and moving like a wraith. She watched the guards silently, noting when they moved positions and when different guards took their places. After a while she went back to the shack. She smiled in pleasant surprise when she saw the new comers, though she was probably a sight to see herself, with her hair pulled back in a tight braid and skin pale and drawn from weariness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back