• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Let’s build an urban fantasy world! (The Magicians inspired, lots of planning and world building before actually playing)

Pandaskel

Stock Image
I really love urban fantasy and between catching up on The Magicians and starting to read Harry Potter for the first time, I’m craving a little something similar! I would love to get a dedicated group together to construct a magic system, design creatures, craft a bureaucracy, etc. It’s a lot of world construction rather than just jumping in to play, but I think it’d be fun!

Note: You do not need knowledge of any named franchise. This is a completely new, original world

First brainstorming thread: Fantasy - [Title TBD] - Origins and Magic System Brainstorm

Last edited:
This sounds like fun, and as a Harry Potter nut I can't wait to join. I tend to put a lot of thought into world building though, so apologies ahead of time if I get over zealous.

Last edited:
Gravitational Force Gravitational Force Dark lord steel Dark lord steel Sprite Pepsi Sprite Pepsi LoneWolf LoneWolf General_warNpeace General_warNpeace Morzone Morzone Do you guys have Discord so we can start construction? If not, we can work in a thread
I do have a discord, but I would suggest having a thread as well. Information tends to get lost fairly easily in discord due to how fast the conversation can move. A thread would be better for writting up longer detailed posts on various world building aspects as well as to record on decisions that have been made. (I'd hate to try and write up a long description on the workings of magic in Discord)

I do have a discord, but I would suggest having a thread as well. Information tends to get lost fairly easily in discord due to how fast the conversation can move. A thread would be better for writting up longer detailed posts on various world building aspects as well as to record on decisions that have been made. (I'd hate to try and write up a long description on the workings of magic in Discord)
I was thinking Discord for brainstorming and writers’ room, Google Docs for note taking, and RPN threads for publishing.

277.gif

I'd be interested! Quick question, though. Is it more like Harry Potter, or something like Hellboy, where there's also various supernatural and mythological creatures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back