• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Length, Detail, and Fantasy! (Closed)

Viper

One Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello fellow RPers! I currently just started my month long break from college and it seemed like the perfect time to find some new partners!

Of course I, just like everyone else, have preferences and I think it is best to just get them out of the way first. So here is a list of things that I would like from you with some stuff about me and my RP style mixed in.
  • I consider myself a very detailed writer and would like my partner to be the same. That means I am looking for length in my replies since my lowest post tends to be about a page long (over 800 words) and it is likely that they will be longer.
  • Be able to reply once a week IC, I can only reply that much on average and would like to get the same from my partner. Not to say that if you go on vacation that I will drop the RP, as long as you tell me when you will be gone then I tend to be very understanding. Communication is key!
  • Be okay with making character sheets, super basic (just name, appearance, and like two other sentences) or very detailed ones, it really depends on the RP. Also, depending on the specific RP, I may use anime or realistic images but generally anime/art is my default and preferred choice.
  • I will RP in a thread or PM, I don't care too much. All I ask is that if we are RPing through a PM that we make two separate conversations, one for in character stuff the other for OCC. Speaking of... I like to talk OOC since my best RPs have all been with people I talked with almost daily both about the RP and not.
  • I should mention the topic of romance. To put it simply, I don't care. We can throw it in if you would like or not, it doesn't matter to me. Also, I play men almost exclusively, so if there is romance I ask that it is either mxf or mxm.
  • Be considerate. If you are going to be gone for a while then tell me, if you have lost interest and want to drop out, tell me. I will only be upset with you if you forget or ignore me, otherwise I am very forgiving. I will do my best to communicate with you if things are not working out for me on my end and I want to drop the RP, am going on vacation, or something similar.
  • Speaking of dropping out, I do not hold any hard feeling if you want to leave the role play, all I ask is that you shoot me a message first. It is only polite to tell me that you are done so that I can move on instead of waiting for a reply that will never come. As for me, I try to give role plays about a week (or seven-ish posts) before I decide if I want to keep going or not. Please do not get upset if I decide to drop the role play, it is not personal.
  • Due to some recent incidents, I would love it if you would send me a writing sample that preferably comes from one of your past, more recent RPs. More than anything I just want to make sure that length is okay but it never hurts to check out style and everything! Since I am asking for one from you, it's only fair that I provide one as well.
    “I can’t believe you, Creven.” Alois snarled as he jumped down from his horse and tied his horse to a tree with ease that could only be born from years of repetition. And also born of repetition, Alois quickly reached out to tie up Creven’s horse as well before the redhead abandoned the beast in favor of stretching his legs. “It’s one thing to be drinking that vile liquid when we are staying at an inn, I don’t like it even then but I can look past it, but when we are on the road? What if we were attacked? Honestly, it is only due to the Watchers mercy that you have not been kicked out of the church yet.”

“Not that you haven't tried your best, right Alois?” Creven laughed as he stretched, twisting and bending himself in any direction that his armor would let him. “You’ve been trying to get me off your team since, what? We were fifteen years old? For someone who prays as much as you, you would think that the big eye up there would have at least moved me into a different unit. I guess our destinies are tied together!”

There was no mistaking the groan that unconsciously escaped Alois’s lips when the idea of being stuck with Creven until the end of time was presented. Every minute with the fox man was exhausting. Alois was more likely to die from dealing with Creven than he was any mage…

“Yeah, I love you too, sunshine.” Creven joked towards his captain with familiarity unsuited for men on the job. As his loud, snickering laugh echoed across the river opening Creven threw a glance over at Orem and Sareia who were drinking the flowing water. “Well then boss, I guess I’ll let you finish with my horse here. I now need to refill my water skin since you wasted that poor tavern girls gift before I could actually get a buzz off of it. It was such a waste…” Creven muttered, faking sadness as he sauntered away, completely ignoring Alois’s attempt to stop him.

As he moved towards the river, Sareia and Orem were leaving. Creven took the opportunity to whisper a quick, “You're welcome” to the passing mage and her companion. He normally would have stopped them and chatted, whether they wanted to speak to him or not, but he was curious to see just exactly what the pair were doing walking towards Alois. If he were in their shoes he would be avoiding the captain like the plague, so for his own curiosity he let them go, taking far more time than necessary to wash out and refill the skin.

Meanwhile, Alois was taking stock of the remaining supplies, unhappy to see that their rations were getting a bit too low for comfort. Although they had taken a stop at a town not long before catching the scent of the mage woman, they had not had the chance to restock and they also were feeding Orem now, who was an extra mouth that Alois did not originally account for when he had done the budgeting. They would have to stop soon. “Curses…” Alois muttered into the pack before quickly turning his heels to go find something else to do. As captain, and as a person, Alois always tried to keep himself busy. He hated being idle, especially when he was trying to be a good example to the men serving under him. The Watcher valued men and women who served, those who did not fall into laziness, so Alois constantly strived to be the opposite.

This embeded desire did not really account for socializing however. Talking was for nobles and the priests in charge of mass, not a captain of the Hands of Sight. So, when Alois turned and found two different colored eyes looking back at him, he was less than pleased. He remembered that he had ordered her to be silent, but when she spoke with submission towards him he let her slide. Alois considered himself a man of mercy after all. He did not thrive when hurting others like Creven and some of the other Hands of Sight did. Violence was a tool not to be confused with pleasure or entertainment. Unfortunately, not even Sareia’s passive tone could make her words comforting to him.

Alois’s face did not openly express fear, he had been doing this for long enough that just the talk of magic no longer made him sweat, but he would be lying if he said he was fearless of the curse this woman and her kind held within their blood. He was not like Creven, he could not simply approach a mage without a weapon on hand and still feel safe, he did not trust mages for no other reason than what they were. This woman, Sareia, was no different. His fingers continuously flinched towards his blade every time Sareia moved, but despite his instincts he did not not grab hold of the hilt.

With a sigh, Alois responded in the most gentle tone that he had used so far, although he still was openly not making direct eye contact with Sareia. “For what it is worth, I do believe your words. It is never easy for someone to fight against a curse, even if it is one you were born with….” Then, with a clear of his throat, Alois verbally and even physically went back to appearing like the proper soldier. “But that is all the more reason we must be vigilant against your kind. You can’t control it, you are a victim to the whims of your sins just as others become victims when this infliction takes over. We Hands of Sight exist to protect you mages from yourselves just as much as we try to protect innocents from magic in all forms.”

“Whether your choice in the matter or not, if I come to the realisation that you are inept at keeping your magic at bay to the point that it will endanger civilians or my men… well, I must do what I must for the greater good.” The threat was vague but encompassed everything from drugging her into a constant sleep to removing her hands from the rest of her body. Both were realistic options Hands of Sight were taught before being sent on a single job. “My goal is not to harm you, but I will if I must. Do not forget, witch,” Alois reminded Sareia, pointing towards Orem, “I have granted you a kindness by letting Orem here stay with us, so use him as inspiration to keep your emotions under control. You do that and I will have no reason to harm or upset either of you. If you choose not to behave, then the only one to blame will be you.”

“Now if that is all, I seem to recall that I ordered you not to speak, did i not? The easiest way to keep your curse from getting into the heads of anyone is simply not to talk unless absolutely necessary after all.” As Alois spoke these words he glanced towards the river where Creven was openly trying to listen in but not doing a good enough job based on the frustration painted on his face.
Now with that out of the way, onto the plots that I thought up! All of these can be changed and I am going to want input from you about the plot/world before we even think about making character sheets. Fair warning, I already have a lot of ideas for the below plots and I am more than happy to share them to you right from the start, as we go, or I could act sort of like a GM and guide you through the plots since many of them are centered around your character. Also, if I say anything relating to Reverse Harems it just means that I want to play more than two men against your one/two.
  • If Heir to a Fortune (Modern- Fantasy Preferably- Reverse Harem)-- You are an orphan, you never knew either of your parents or relatives (or at least none on that side of the family).That is until one day someone comes for you and informs you that your parent/grandparent died and now you are the sole heir remaining. For whatever reason you agree to come along, and soon enough you live a life where you are treated like a prince(ss) by the dutiful servants who live with you. However there is more to this life than luxury, there are lessons, responsibilities, and dangers more than you thought possible. Mysterious warnings are coming from inside the house not to trust your servants and your servants warn you about the dangers from those outside of the barrack like walls that surround your estate.
  • In Search of a Suitor (Medieval- Fantasy or Realistic- Reverse Harem) -- There are two ways that I thought this could go. 1) When the King/Queen is near death, instead of the crown being handed down to their children, a new ruler is chosen from the commoners. Since the current king is dying, it is now time to pick the queen who will replace him... and after jumping through a few hoops and a lot of luck, the person chosen to be the new queen is you. I am your servants/subjects who are guiding you down the path to becoming a proper queen. This is based off of an okay otome game called Midnight Cinderella. OR my preferred option 2) You are the princess and in an attempt to wed you off, your parents the king and/or queen sent messages to all of the surrounding kingdoms who have sons. You now have a number of wealthy, royal suitors coming from lands of every kind with the orders to woo you. Who will be best as a husband? What kingdom can offer the most through this alliance? On top of those questions, with so many strangers leaves the door open to many dangers, how can you tell which prince is there to wed you and which have more sinister motives hiding behind their pleasant facade?
  • Sin City (Modern- Fantasy Preferably- Reverse Harem)- Modern setting with or without Fantasy elements- In a big city filled with possibilities and opportunity, there is also a lot of violence and danger. Over eight districts, only one district remains free from powerful gangs (seven gangs, one for each sin) which have all but taken over/ destroyed the police force within. You work for the final remaining police force until you get a lead from an unlikely source as to how you can get in and learn about each gang from the inside. If anyone learns that you are working with more than one of the gangs you will be killed and if anyone finds out that you are an undercover cop, you are going to wish they killed you. However what you find is more than just corruption but a plan that goes deeper than anyone thought possible and getting out will not be as easy as getting in was.
  • Beeping Heart (Semi Futuristic- Realistic- I want to play the Android and his Maker)- In a world not too far away from our own, but far enough in the future that technology has managed to take a large leap forward. More specifically, robots have taken the place over computers, phones, and nearly every kind of everyday machinery. Everyone has at least a cheap PET (Portable Electronic Tech) that will often take the form of a small animal, and the more expensive the model the larger and more high tech the PET is. There are no human PET’s, the best you can ask for is a metal husk in a humanoid shape and only the wealthiest of people can afford those. You are far from wealthy, poor enough in fact that you cannot even get a PET of your own… that is until you stumble upon a broken, bent, and very human looking robot thrown haphazardly in a dumpster. Once you manage to fix him enough to turn him on, you not only find that he is the most high tech PET in the world but, where his skin is still attached at least, he looks completely human. He still acts completely logical and without emotion, but due to the damages he suffered he cannot remember his maker, past owner, or even that he was once used as a bodyguard for the inventor of the PETs himself who is out there looking for his missing machine.
  • Randomized RP (Mixed- Fantasy Mostly- I will GM and maybe play tag along character)
    An adventure which spans across multiple worlds and is out of our control.... in a good number of aspects at least. Not everything will be random and this will not rely on chance as much as many dice role plays do however certain things will be left to fate instead of player choice. For example, one of the main components of this will involve our group getting transported to other worlds against our will and that will be decided by pooling together a series of pictures at which point a randomizer will pick a number to decide the world that we are heading to next. Also, for most worlds there will be sub chances and our characters will adapt to match the worlds they are sent to but not always in the way that they want. I am still debating how much will be left to a randomizer and how much of a GM I want to be but I will ask those questions to whoever shows interest so that we can decide together.

As for actual plot, I heavily took influence from Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles... The Time Witch is an immortal woman who is renown for granting wishes with her near unending power. If you know anything about magic, you know about her. Hearing your wishes from across dimensions, the Time Witch summoned you to her and offered you a chance to earn what you desire most. Some of us come from the past, the present, the future, some come from a place where time itself does not exist but we are all in the same situation now. Maybe you sought adventure, maybe you wanted to flee something back home, or perhaps you knew nothing about magic before this event and so are very confused but all of us have a wish, the details which are only known to you and the Time Witch. It doesn't matter though, the Witch has given you a task and if you succeed she will grant your wish.... not that you have the luxury to refuse her. If you ever want to go home, with or without your wish granted, you will need to travel to dozens of different worlds and collect a certain item from each place or else we will be trapped there forever.
If none of those appeal, then here are some more general pairings and themes that we can flesh out together! If there is a *** then it means I am super excited for it and the bold role is my preference. Fair warning, I prefer dark themes and playing the monster/villain in a lot of pairings.
  • Doubling
  • Love Triangle
  • Reverse Harem (me playing the group of boys) ***
  • Possession ***
  • Darker Disney
  • Seven Deadly Sins ***
  • Boarding Schools (fantasy only)
  • Dangerous Obsessions
  • Dark Circus
  • Laboratory Experiments/Prisoners
  • Demon Contracts
  • Mages/Witches/Wizards
  • Powers

• Scientist x Experiment (Doubling required)
  • Experiment x Experiment
  • Human x Fantasy Creature
  • God(s) x Human
  • Angel x Human x Demon
  • Demon x Human x Demon
  • Monster Slave x Human master
  • Genie x Wisher
  • Tyrant x Subject
  • Gang Leader x Undercover Cop
  • Monster Gang Member x Civilian
Well that's it! PM me or leave a comment below if you are interested. I would love to hear more about you wherever that message ends up, specifically more about your writing style and preferred plot/pairings but if you want to share more go right ahead. If you have other ideas that I have not mentioned, don't be afraid to mention them to me and I will at least consider them!

Last edited:
Still looking for partners :)

Hey, I'd be interested in an mxm RP!

I'd be interested in:
  • Seven Deadly Sins ***
  • Boarding Schools (fantasy only)
  • Dangerous Obsessions
  • Demon Contracts
  • Mages/Witches/Wizards
  • Experiment x Experiment
  • God(s) x Human
  • Angel x Human x Demon
  • Tyrant x Subject
  • Gang Leader x Undercover Cop

Hello! The If Heir to a Fortune sounds like it could be really interesting! I would love to maybe work something out with you! Here are a few more I would be interested in, if you would like to try them :)
  • Dangerous Obsessions
  • Reverse Harem
  • Demon Contract
  • Mages/Witches/Wizards
  • Human x Fantasy Creature
  • God(s) x Human
  • Demon x human x Demon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back