• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legends of Xeria - Rules & FAQ

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Computing Magus

I need a King's Rock
Here, check out the rules to make sure you don't step a toe out of line. No exceptions, since there are rules for a reason, and bending or breaking them will lose their purpose.

1. Classic Roleplaying/RpNation Rules:
  • No godmodding, powerplaying, and metagaming.
  • No overpowered characters, Mary Sues and Gary Stus.
  • No killing off other RPer's characters unless they've allowed you to.
  • Do not mix IC and OOC. Put both only in their respective threads.
  • No autohitting/dodging. Maintain fair play.
  • No autohitting/dodging. Maintain fair play. I've repeated this part since it's personally the most infuriating evil deed, and personally also the most common.
  • Only I as the GM can manipulate the rules as I see fit.
2. Please keep any aggressive behavior at a minimum. Still, any and all angry doohickeys are welcome, just don't ruin the mood for everyone who came here to enjoy their time.

3. Post as much as possible. This allows the RP to be active for the sake of everybody involved, allowing more interactions and less boredom. Also, just a single paragraph with five, long sentences is the minimum for the sake of having more information for your RP partners.

4. Keep actions IC as realistic as possible. Being able to cast magic without any knowledge, owning expensive stuff despite being poor , and defeating a gigantic enemy all by yourself is simply poorly thought out without proper explanation.

5. Add the word chocolate (or any relative cacao term) to your character sheet to be accepted. This also allows me to be assured you've red the rules.

6. *will add more rules as I see fit.

So that this is not a simple 'one of' thread, this is also a question thread for you all to direct any questions regarding the RP to me. Any questions directed to other users, however, is to be done in the OOC chat.

Q: How many characters can each player have?
A: Only up to three.

Q: Are we all in a single group in this RP or are we all over the place?
A: A mix of both, really. I have a plot for those in the main adventure, but everyone else can be scattered out and about the world if they choose to. I can still GM for them so as to provide scenarios if they want, and they can even eventually meet the main group as well, or vice versa.

Q: Can we have an idea of what to expect for the adventure?
A: I can give a general idea, I guess. We will all start in a single town, bustling or a province, that will simply have us leaving to another distant kingdom altogether by coincidence, thus an excuse for all of us to travel together. If anyone has any suggestion to this, let me know. Anyway, the objective of the group kind of changes halfway through as something sinister happens.

Q: What's magic like here in Xeria?
A: Magic here in Xeria is, well, let's say Elder Scrolls. Magic is learned through books and such, and everyone has varying degrees of affinity for magical energies, some better than others simply because they are gifted. Cast from the hand are for the experienced, but staves, wands, and other mediums are widespread due to the ease of use of magic when using one. Spells cast are instant, sometimes without a second thought. Other spells also require saying mumbo jumbo and hocus pocus, usually for powerful spells. Still, everyone can be devastating if they become knowledgeable and wise through practice and learning. A good example would be Olivia, LegoLad659's character.

More will be added as they're asked.

Last edited:
What's the average per-player we're expecting for character sign-ups?
Not sure what you mean by this, can only pick up if how many people do I expect will come in the RP, or how many characters a player can have.

For the former, I don't really expect a lot of people to join the RP, just a handful actually but there were so many in the interest check. As for the latter, just four characters per player so that it doesn't become too crowded. Actually, make that three.

Not sure what you mean by this, can only pick up if how many people do I expect will come in the RP, or how many characters a player can have.

For the former, I don't really expect a lot of people to join the RP, just a handful actually but there were so many in the interest check. As for the latter, just four characters per player so that it doesn't become too crowded. Actually, make that three.
I was asking about the latter, yeah XD Good to know

Agh, I have too many characters I want to use XD Will the RP focus on one group of people, or will we be all over the place?

Agh, I have too many characters I want to use XD Will the RP focus on one group of people, or will we be all over the place?
A mix of both, really. I have a plot for those in the main adventure, but everyone else can be scattered out and about the world if they choose to. I can still GM for them so as to provide scenarios if they want, and they can even eventually meet the main group as well, or vice versa.

Could you give us an idea of what the main adventure will be? I like to build my characters around the story.

Could you give us an idea of what the main adventure will be? I like to build my characters around the story.
I can give a general idea, I guess. We will all start in a single town, bustling or a province, that will simply have us leaving to another distant kingdom altogether by coincidence, thus an excuse for all of us to travel together. If anyone has any suggestion to this, let me know. Anyway, the objective of the group kind of changes halfway through as something sinister happens.

Hopefully that wasn't too vague, and isn't too simple for your taste. We'll make it up once everyone is set.

I can give a general idea, I guess. We will all start in a single town, bustling or a province, that will simply have us leaving to another distant kingdom altogether by coincidence, thus an excuse for all of us to travel together. If anyone has any suggestion to this, let me know. Anyway, the objective of the group kind of changes halfway through as something sinister happens.

Hopefully that wasn't too vague, and isn't too simple for your taste. We'll make it up once everyone is set.
Ooh, I like the sound of that

Hey Computing Magus Computing Magus I was wondering what the limit on magic? Are you using anything as a guide like say... the elder scrolls?
Or is it more Harry Potter what with the wands an rhymes

I almost want to steal your explanations as I feel you can say “eh I know what’s up we can freestyle it” so much better then I have aha

Hey Computing Magus Computing Magus I was wondering what the limit on magic? Are you using anything as a guide like say... the elder scrolls?
Or is it more Harry Potter what with the wands an rhymes
Magic here in Xeria is, well, let's say Skyrim. Magic is learned through books and such, and everyone has varying degrees of affinity for magical energies, some better than others simply because they are gifted. Cast from the hand are for the experienced, but staves, wands, and other mediums are widespread due to the ease of use of magic when using one. Spells cast are instant, sometimes without a second thought. Other spells also require saying mumbo jumbo and hocus pocus, usually for powerful spells. Still, everyone can be devastating if they become knowledgeable and wise through practice and learning. A good example would be Olivia, LegoLad659 LegoLad659 's character. It's a brief explanation for now, but we can discuss more on the upcoming Lore thread. As soon as I stop procrastinating.
I almost want to steal your explanations as I feel you can say “eh I know what’s up we can freestyle it” so much better then I have aha
I have no idea what you meant by this, but okay.

Computing Magus Computing Magus i has a question! when filling out a submission sheet for like a place
or a species or whatever, do I post in on the lore, or would you rather I send it to you?
You can add the lore of whatever you need in a field such as the description, history, or a new field entirely called lore. Just add what you think you need, and also you shouldn't need to message me about it since I'm fine with discussing it in the Lore thread itself.

Computing Magus Computing Magus awesome, thank you! i think i'm going to fill one out for a
kingdom, a deity, and a race. maybe two. after i post my characters i mean.
Great, go ahead and add as much as you want. I'll be adding a bestiary/encyclopedia on the first post of sorts so that people in the RP can have a simple list of all added things in Xeria lore.

I just had the idea of adding my own lore for Monsters on the Lore page. Would you mind if I did so?

I just had the idea of adding my own lore for Monsters on the Lore page. Would you mind if I did so?
Go ahead, add your monster's information. While you may use the provided form, you can add more to the entries such as the population, appearance, and more, something that I admittedly probably should have added. I think I'll put a warning about that as well, that whatever I put in the form isn't the end all to your form. Anyway, can't wait to see what you can add.

Go ahead, add your monster's information. While you may use the provided form, you can add more to the entries such as the population, appearance, and more, something that I admittedly probably should have added. I think I'll put a warning about that as well, that whatever I put in the form isn't the end all to your form. Anyway, can't wait to see what you can add.
Alright ^.^ I assume I should put it under Race? Or is it something else, since they're technically a large group of races that all share certain traits?

Alright ^.^ I assume I should put it under Race? Or is it something else, since they're technically a large group of races that all share certain traits?
I categorize Race as more sentient beings that are able to be player characters, whereas you should probably add this as Monster or Animal to fit more that it's a beast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back