• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legends of Azeral

"Awful little creatures," valding said as he ate. "Goblins are nothing," warwick said. "You'll have to do better then that. Money talks let's see the money." Libra just sat quietly. The other patrons either paid no mind watched in entertainment. It didnt seem like anyone was interested.

Gem folded his arms and looked at Warwick critically. “I’m not foolish enough to carry it around with me. You should know Elves better than that. We always keep our word. If you aren’t willing to take my word, then we have little to discuss. Whoever we choose will have first pick of the loot from whatever we encounter in those woods. How’s does that sound?”

Warwick stood up. "Your only picking one? I like a challange." Valding also stood up. "The elf will pick me because I am the strongest." "Your also the dumbest," warwick mocked. Libra also stood up. Warwick looked over in annoyance. "Sit back down sweetheart. They are looking for a warrior not a call girl. Libra walked out the door without saying a word. Warwick huffed and left as well and so did valding they wall waited by the stables for gem and oscar

After they left, Gem felt a pang of guilt that Libra didn't have a chance to advocate for herself. He went out of the inn and hurried to catch up.
"Libra! Hold on" He called after her. "I'd like to hear you out as well. Warwick is probably least likely to get a bid from either me or my partner. What talents do you possess that might aid our quest?"

Libra was a very quiet person. "I used to be an assassin." She said coldly as she kept walking to the meeting area. She didnt like that gem singled her out. Sure she had to sell herself if she wanted the job and she did but she tried to pass off that she didnt care if she got it or not

"I see" Gem responded. "Then you must be a skilled tracker. That may help us find the missing family. How well do you know these woods, the spooky forest filled with goblins?" Gem turned his energy level down to hopefully make her more comfortable.

"Not well." Was all she said after a moment of walking she added. "But goblins didnt do it. Goblins just kill not kidnap." Libra know a lot but people tend to not take her advice into account due to how quite she is. Thats how she became a good assassin because no one took her seriously

Gem nodded. "I agree. I'm thinking they were being chased. Well, I have to find my partner. Good luck to you." Gem said and went back to the inn, finding Oscar behind the building.

Oscar got more worried the more he waited and decided to eavesdrop on the elf. He quietly snuck areound the corner and and placed his ear on the thin wall of the tavern. He didnt get the whole conversation but he could put two and two together. He actually felt for the elf but he knew something like this would of happened. Human locals can be cruel and cold when the rewards are low. He was actually lucky to even get a response, he thought to himself as he returned to his sitting place to wait for the elf.

When he arrived he stood up and stared the elf straight in the eyes. "What I am about to tell you can be a lot so I think you should sit down for this." he started as he gestured to woeden crate behind him.

Gem nodded and climbed up onto the big wooden crate, sitting on it with his legs crossed. He wanted to give Oscar his full attention and make his new friend feel comfortable. "I am an open minded man, Oscar. Whatever you tell me will be kept in confidence, and I will treat everything you say with care."

"Um - well to start off, I am a warlock and I have formed a pact with the archdevil, Zariel." he started as he quickly straightened himself up.

"My reason for this goes back 2 years ago in my home, a small village named Stonereig. We didnt have much but we were happy there. Most of what we earned came from my brother and father, both skilled and prized hunters of our village. Everyone loved them - everyone looked up to them. They were amazinv especially my father, Brigard Phoenix. I ,on the other hand, was just average and not as amazing as the other men in my family but I liked it that way.

One day a paldin came by our village, demanding our chiefdon to convert us to their religion.When he declined,he said a prayer before leaving. A day after the pladin came back with an army and mowed us down. We decided to make a run for the hill but I was the only one to make it out alive - just becuase of my cowardness. Then in time my sadness became rage in that moment a devil came to me. It had heard mt cry and promised me vengence. I was indeed angry but not crazy enough to sell myself to it. I hesitated and declined in fear. It said I was lying to myself and I wanted the paladins death but I refused this. It hadn't stopped harassing me after that.It gave me recurring nightmares
each night - putting me through experience over and over everytime I slept. Reason why I cant sleep at night. I also have trouble keeping my emotions in check which lead to me scaring people amd getting chased like criminal. Its why I dont trust people. Its why I dont trust myself."

Gemma listened intently and betrayed no emotions towards anything he confessed. It was quite sad to hear about his village's demise. This talk of devils and blood pacts reminded him of a tribe of elves who served a great tree spirit, giving their bodies and souls to preserve the eternal wood.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I can't begin to understand that kind of pain, but I can offer my condolences. I don't think it was cowardly to run in that situation, when the alternative was death. That devil wants you to use its power for revenge, but consider using it in the name of justice instead. That paladin had no right to decide your village's fate. He must pay for his crimes."

Oscar was glad to hear the elves approval but not calm in the slightest. Now the elf knew of his secret which he partly regreted. Even though though he elf seems trustworthy,he was still worried he'd give his secret away. Good chance it wouldn't be on purpose nor willingly but that church was still hunting him and they will find him - one way or another.

"I am sorry to have burden this with you but please keep it to yourself. They are still out there - that church. I think one of them saw me running. They might be hunting me down. I don't know what they called themselves and I only have fragments of their symbol in my memory so it could be anyone." he explained as he sat down next the elf.
"The devil also told me if I finish the pact then she wants me to either help someone with their revenge each month or it would summon a lesser demon. I was thinking of finishing it but I'd have to be stronger to do it. Thats a problem since the only spells I know are Dancing lights and Summon insects." he noted as he glanced back to the elf.

Gem tapped a finger on his chin and thought briefly. "That would be pretty bad. I know revenge is sometimes justified but it may only lead you down a road of bloodshed and evil. Perhaps there are more accommodating master of the dark arts willing to give you their power, like one who has a hatred for the god that paladin worships?" Gem had heard a few ways one may contact the exterior realms. His own meditation took his spirit to the fey realm, for instance. "I would try to make a pact with the devil but on better terms. I mean, he gets your soul at the end of your life, right? You've got a big bargaining chip, so bargain... anyway, we should get to the stables. We've got to pick a mercenary. I'd go with the fighter or the assassin lady."

Oscar stood up and began streching. "I dont think I could bargain with an archdevil but maybe you could be on to something. The mercenary on the other hand is an easy choice - the assasin. They're stealthy and for this mission I think it would be better for a stackout first. We need to scout out the area for more goblins or for any other tracks." he answered, turning back to the elf.
"Oh and did you ask them out the goblins yet? Did they have any leads?"

Gem shrugged. “I mentioned goblins, and the warrior said he hates them. I’d take him just so we have guaranteed protection. I do agree a good scout would be beneficial.” He walked with Gem up to the stables where the mercenaries were waiting impatiently.

Warwick of course could keep his mouth shut the moment the two arrived. "Taking your sweet time I see. We have been waiting out here by these stinking horses waiting for you. So who are you picking for the job... haha I mean I know it's me but just to be a good sport you can tell them."

"So are you the mercenaries interested?" Oscar asked politely when they arrived. Instead of answering they all groaned in response. "Well, um how much would it be to arouse interest? 200-no, 300!"Oscar questioned, arching closer to the group." So which one of you will volunteer?"

Gem hit Oscar on the shoulder. “He’s talking about the goblins, friends. There could very well be hundreds of them.” He reached into his bag and produced his bag of coin.
“Fifty gold up front like we agreed, and another fifty on completion, plus any treasure found during the journey. Libra, you ride with us. Sorry fellas, maybe next time?”

Oscar blinked a few times in confusion but reluctanly agreed. He then turned his attention back to the group who unsuprisingly didnt care about Gem's decision. He actually began to worry that the girl might not even care about the reward. She might not even hesitate to leave us behind, he though as they waved the other two goodbye. Then only the three of them stood their - in silence.

"Her... seriously you pick her," warwick was furious. "Your making a mistake pal but hey it's not my funeral." Warwick walked off. "I agree with the tiny man," valding added. "She is not strong. I am strong." Valding left as well.
b2ca039f3c72e98b8159d13619d61fae.jpg
"Let's go." Libra said. She was happy to be picked but of course she didnt show it

Oscar followed Gem and Libra to the last place they saw the goblin in the empty dirt road. It didnt change since the last time they came by - lonely and dead.
They decided to go deeper to look for more clues which lead them down a narrow dirt path, not to far from where they met their little friend.

Libra squat down and ran her hand lightly against the forest floor. She looked up. "Goblins didnt take them. Humans did. They went that way." She pointed deeper into the forest

"Human? Could it have been a kidnapping?"Oscar asked as he followed the two down the bumpy path.If it were bandits then their should be a randsome up or something. But then a randsome should have been mentioned in our brief but it wasnt. Could this be work cult, maybe?" he asked Gem in confusion.

"A cult maybe," gem replied. "The scene was too clean for bandits. Their would have been more of a fight." "It looks like the goblins are not on patrol," libra interrupted. "We should hurry." They walked a bit farther when libra stopped. "The trail ends here." They were in front of the old crumbling fort selden but their dosen't look like theirs a way in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back