• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legends of Azeral

A goblin jumped out of the brush
75-753044_goblin-with-sword-pathfinder-goblin.jpg
Most likely a war band scout. The goblin held out his hand and started shouting something at gem. "Geh geh!"

The little green monster was surprising, but not as surprising as how foul the creature smelled. Gem had been told never to trust a goblin. His Elders were very clear about that, though Gem couldn't help but feel sympathy for the little guy. He looked skinny and ragged, possibly starved. He could only guess at what the goblin was saying. Gem pulled another meat bun out of his bag and held it in his outstretched hand.

"Friends?" He asked, handing the food over to the little guy. Maybe if he was on their side, he could help them find the missing family? Gem channeled his Friendship spell through the kindness in his eyes.

"Gemmma-wait."Oscar whispered, slowly pulling him back."Do you know the price of that spell? The 'Friendship spell' gives the user the advantage on persuading or decieving the target for a duration of time, but only to a creature that isnt hostile to you. And even if it does work, when the spell ends the target will realise its been tricked and will become violent towards you.I stay still and let it pass by us." he advises as his he sharpens his breathing and slowly closes his eyes.

It's too late though the spell works and the goblin becomes charmed. He stands their blankly eating his bun and awaiting further instructions. In the distance you can hear the howl of wolves.

Gem turned towards Oscar. "He might know more about the missing family. I say its worth a spell and a meat bun."

He turned towards the goblin and smiled. "You're a handsome little guy, huh? I bet you know all kinds of interesting things. How about a big tall guy like Oscar, and his wife and children? They would be scared of a tricky and strong goblin. Did you see where they went?" Gem wasn't sure if the goblin even understood him. The Friendship spell was helping to bridge the distance between the two of them.

Oscar rolled his eyes, turning his attention away from them and towards the forest around them.The road went on a far distance with the main city barely in sight.He realised they had walked way farther than expected.This made Oscar suspisious as he couldve sworn that they'd pass by at least one person if they walked this far but the road was instead dead silent.

Suddenly he felt a chill go down his spine when be turned back."Gemma."he whispered as he layed his hand on his shoulder, keeping his eyes on the trees."It's time we head back - now!"

The goblin said something incoherent but with the friendship spell gem could understand him a little better then normal. "Gala makas taga norlawa es tala wida nos wala." "Many oscar... black... old stone... hurry... tribe seeking... wala."

Gem tried to understand best as he could but it seemed nearly impossible with this marble-mouthed cretin. The Elf nodded like he understood and bade the goblin farewell, opting to pull back with Oscar.
"Those howls, could there be more goblins?" He asked Oscar. "That one was hardly helpful. Many oscar, black old stone, hurry tribe seeking wala. Is Wala a name or an object?" Gem was thinking out loud and didn't expect Oscar to have much of an answer for him. "Either way, we should head back to town. If there's a warband out here we should get an experienced warrior to help us."

Oscar sighed and rurned his back on Gemma, making haste back to the Farmers district. This walking also made him increasingly tired the more he did. After a while he fealt himself slowly loosing his consciousness but he kept it together until he made it to the entrance of the small town.Oscar didnt bother to walk any further and collapsed there on the side of the road. Finally he had an excuse to rest.

Gillian walked by and saw oscar on the ground. He laughed. "Hardly a place for sleeping." He said. "Their are rooms at my inn at competitive prices." He looked at gem who had told him about the quest they were doing during his stay their the night before. "So how's the job going?"

Gem sighed. "I'm not sure. We just caught a glimpse of the goblins in the woods yonder. It would go smoother if my partner had more stamina than an elderly house cat." he gestured at Oscar lying on the ground.

"Do you know anything about old black stones, like a fort or construct?" he asked Gillian.

Gillian thought. "I dont know about black stones but their is an old fort out in the woods. It was used to hide the king and his family during the war but the fort was raided and since abandoned."

"Ya but 'bout that 'wa- la'?" Oscar mumered as he rolled over, with his eyes half-open before collapsing once again.

Oscar then rolled over to his back again, practically kissing the dirt as he finally drifted off. Oscar then felt at ease for a long moment before switching back to the same scene. This scene was from his past - something he could never escape. It would always show him this whenever he slept - reason why he didnt do it much. Normally the nightmares would become dull after a while but 'it' always made the experience feel as fresh as the the first time it happened. The fire, the screams and the horror - everything felt real. Then it switched again to a blank,empty space. The only thing there was two, crismon red eyes staring back at him. The a demonic voice echoed through his mind.A normal person wouldnt know this but this had happened before.He had been prepared as he studied the language after his first meeting.He wasnt maste at but he only heard one line being repeated."Finish the pact - Finish the pact!"commanded a booming voice. His body then began to become more heavier and warmer by the second.After long he felt like a horse sat on his chest , while being cooked in pot of oil. This was his torture - this was his pain and it would carry on until he finished the pact.

Gem folded his arms and nodded. "An abandoned fort... well, if I was lost in the woods, or hiding from goblins, I think a fort would be a good place to hide. Tell me Gillian, are there any warriors in this town who might help us find the fort?"
He looked and saw Oscar fast asleep on the ground, laying quite uncomfortably. He must have been exhausted. Gem cursed himself for not noticing the signs of his exhaustion.
"May I ask for a hand getting him back to the inn? I can't simply leave him here."

Oscar felt the wieght and heat getting worse as the voice got louder. It wwasnt as if he could hear it but more that he could feel.The red eyes slowly became brighter and brighter until he had the urge to look away but somehow not being able to. All he could do for now was to hold onto hold on to himself until the dream would fade. Then it would end with him waking up in a bed, soaked in tears and sweat - reason why he'd be banneed from in inn. Next to his bed was another with an elf, sleeping easily.Before he woke up though he quickly dried the water into a bucket and went outside to through it before sun rose into the sky.

Last edited:
The bedroom door shut, and Gem opened his eyes. He had heard much of the writhing and whimpering coming from Oscar's bed. Laid in uncertainty, he didn't know how to help his new friend with whatever was tormenting him. He rose from the bed and started downstairs. The tavern was empty save for a couple laid out drunks, completely passed out. When Oscar stepped back into the inn, he'd see a concerned Gemma sitting at the empty bar.

"Trouble sleeping?" He asked. "I couldn't help but hear you last night. It sounded like you were wrestling some invisible force that was trying to overpower you. I've also been thinking about your ability and knowledge of spells. You are an initiate, yes? Your training is incomplete. Please, enlighten me on what troubles you."

"Wala sounds like a goblin name," gillian said as he helped pick oscar up. "From what I hear the length of a goblin name is equal to their social status. So a chief would have a long name and some goblin laborer would have a short name."Gillian huffed as he carried oscar. "I have a few sell swords staying at the inn. Valding, a very large bear of a man from up north. Hes very serious and not the sharpest tool in the shed but he gets the job done. Next is Warwick. He is cunning and agile. Kind of a pompous smart ass. And lastly is libra. She is very quiet and petite. I havent been able to get much talk out of her but from what I hear she used to assassinate rulers for some secret order. I should warn you though they are not cheap to hire." Gillian talked the whole way to the inn.

Last edited:
"Oh um - its nothing really."he pointed out as he went back to get his belongings. When he returned, walked over to the elf and sat down next him.

"So how much is the - um - quest again?" he asked timidly.He was hesistant on asking but he had already made his descision on doing so. He had nothing else to do with himself so he descided to hell him - while still keeping his own safety in mind though. You can never be too cautious, he said to himself.

The inn was quiet the next morning. Patrons leaving their rooms to get Gillian breakfast. All the sell swords he had mentioned were their sitting at different tables. The big guy was surrounded by plates of food but the woman had just a bowl of oatmeal. As for the other guy it looked like he was partying all night. He looked tired but their was a bottle of liqure in his hand and wemon around him as he told stories of his adventures

Gemma folded his arms and looked at Oscar quite cross. "I don't think I'll tell you unless you can be honest with me. I hate secrets and lies. You kept muttering something about finishing what you started. Not to mention how you just passed out yesterday. For your safety as well as ours, I should know whats wrong. I may be able to help."

Looking over at the table that was populated with the sellswords, Gem remembered what Gillian said about each of them. He wouldn't go talk to them until he had things settled with his right hand man.

Oscar went back into panic when the elf asked him that question. He was sure that he didnt make things obvious but of course the elf wasnt fooled. He quickly scammed the room before pulling the elf by the collar." I-If you w-want to know.." he whispered shakingly. "...then meet me behind the i-in an hour."
He then got up and purposely cleared throut. "Please,Sir. If you accept my proposal then meet me at the edge of town at dawn. I may not have suffient payment right now but hopefully my temporary servitude might be useful to you." he lied as he left him with a nod.

Oscar couldnt let the others be suspiscous so he lied purposfully to get them off his tracks. He didnt need others to hear what he was going to say...

Gem nodded, though he didn't like these kinds of secretive things. The elf was always transparent about himself, though hardly anyone cared to ask about him. While Oscar was supposedly hiding behind the tavern trying to craft his next lie, Gem decided to greet the table of mercenaries.

"Greetings brave warriors, my name is Gemma. I am leading a search party to find a missing family and am in need of someone with combat expertise, as these roads are becoming more treacherous. Would any of you be willing to accept my offer for a reasonable sum of fifty gold?"

Most of the people ignored Gemma a few laughed. Warwick started shouting mockingly. "Is this elf serious? He is? Hes serious 50 gold. Haha look, hey buddy I'll let you borrow my boot for 50 gold Haha. Come back when you get some money." "Alright alright, calm down." Gillian chimed in. "I'm sure he ment 50 gold up front." He gave gem a look that said I warned you

Gem's cheeks were red with embarrassment. Luckily Gillian came to his rescue. "Oh, hehe yes. Apologies, I am from a small village. Fifty gold is a yearly salary where I'm from. If any of you have a particular hatred of goblins, this job may be right for you. My associate will have the final say on who will accompany us, but at least this way I can find out who is willing to take the job."

Oscar quietly waited behind the old tavern as he flipped through his pockets. "Nothing left, huh?"he murmered before sitting down with his back to wall. After a moment of silence he heard the sound of laughing coming from the inside of the tavern. He sighed hoping it wasnt the elf that did something. Then suddenly he sneezed out of nowhere. He remembered a friend telling him "A sneeze could mean may be talking about you". He never believed in superstitutions but sumtimes he wondered if that someone said nice things which he didnt normally expect to be true...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back