• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Legendary Graduates (Six Slots.)

Illiterate

what da dog doin

They say one man cannot do it all.

That one man isn't the answer to the world's problems.

No matter how strong.

No matter how loved.

And no matter how determined..

One person isn't going to save us like this is some sort of storybook.

"How 'bout three?"-Four. Learn to count idiot."

Humans.

Quite an accomplished species..

They've built civilizations from the soil in the ground..

Fought intense wars with eachother..

Grown to love one another..

They've created machines to launch them off the planet..

Written stories of worlds far unlike our own..

And made discoveries that have changed history as we know it..

Only decades after the second millennia passed, Humans made a discovery that would change them for the better..

Another world, one that had been watching through the spiritual planes for as long as humans had existed.

Thus, earning the generic name of 'Spirits'.

A rift had formed between the worlds, and while it was initially perceived as a discovery, it soon became a danger..

The world of the spirits was dying, and quite rapidly..

Leaders of both planes arranged a meeting, and surprisingly..

Humans agreed to help.

The day is now known as 'Shifting World's Day', as humans welcomed spirits into their world with open arms..

Yes, many were skeptical.

But the rewards the spirits had brought with them..

Magic.

Yes, the storybook essence was made a reality as spirits spread throughout the world..

Transportation, everyday items.. Even environments made changes over many years of the spreading of the mystical force!

Humans and Spirits began to collaborate, creating a what is now known today as 'SpiriTech'

Using the combination of natural elements, and powerful magic, SpiriTech became the norm.

It was used in appliances, factories, transportation.. In the process, eliminating many environmental problems such as pollution & lumber shortages.

It seemed humanity was taking great strides to perfection..

But then strange occurrences began to arise..

Bodies found, yet the insides were nothing but liquefied black goo..

Dark forests began to appear, slowly stretching their way across the planet, ending any life in their paths..

And only months after these strange happenings, a powerful monstrous being appeared.

Tearing its way through towns and cities before being stopped by a joint effort of the spirits..

But more came..

Suddenly, humanity had it's back against the wall. Spirits right with them...

World leaders made a quick decision, constructing the large nation of Afuera on a secluded island in the ocean, quickly making moves to get fill it with the dying human population.  

Fight another day. It was the mentality they had went for, but when they did fight back..

They were going to hit hard.

Maxine's Academy of Magistical Teachings was created.

Serving the purpose of teaching the kids of tomorrow how to fight back.

At birth, humans were put together with newly formed spirits, essentially having them grow up together.

Once they were of age, they'd head off to the Academy. Hopes of one day taking their homeland back from the 'Vandals'.

Years passed on the offshore island of Afuera, and there had been little to no progress for the full-scale retake of the planet.

Millions of lives had been lost, yet they were no closer to their goal..

Hope might as well not exist.

But that's all about to change..

(Enter main characters.. *Insert Baddass Opening Credits*)

OOC:

bitdance.gif

Oh h'wow! Look at me bein' all fancy with ideas and shit..

Welcome to this little idea of an RP I've had for awhile!

If you're a dunce and you didn't catch on, we're going to play the up and coming heroes deal.

Hope has been lost, but there's some new kids on the block!

Simple idea, but it'll be a grand adventure.

General Info:

7f843bbb0dfb09bcddd90adb45ea4eb5b4dc5819_hq.gif

Me, being the lazy bum that I am, would rather not have a large roleplay that I have to manage like a store.

I'm the kind of guy who would run that really great lemonade stand, but if there's more than twenty people in the line at one time, I'd just put up the closed sign.

Now, if you didn't catch on with where I'm going with the characters..-Then that's understandable.

Obviously, since this is a roleplay for six people (That includes me.), there will be six main characters.

"But Juicy!-What about the thing you said at the beginning of the thread? The one about th-*cough*..-four people saving the world?"

I'll tell you random comment!

Eight characters. Four Humans.

Four Spirits to match.

First come, first served. If you want a race that someone else has, then you have to come to a compromise.

I won't be interfering with that.

The Hell is SpiriTech?

5a49e24f7c7ef8b81c5d0cb17015de77baa90592_hq.gif

First, imagine technology.

Second, imagine technology that's essentially boosted with magic.

Third, imagine futuristic technology that's also boosted by magic.

There! Now you have SpiriTech.

So if you had a normal sword that transformed into a spear, or assault rifle, then it could be coated in flames/use flaming ammo.

If you have any ideas for what your character can do with SpiriTech, then feel free to share! I'm open to any ideas.

Also, I have to approve of anything you guys come up with..

The Hell is a Spirit?

giphy-1.gif

Spirits are what make this world go 'round!

They typically take the form of a human-like being, traits of their true spirit form sticking with it.

Spirits are the key to combative success, possessing large pools of magic within themselves to use.

Yet, spirits can only control their powers to a certain extent, things such as full out combat is something that takes much more mastery with this negative.

Spirits can take a number of forms, from small and adorable versions of their full selves, to larger, much more dangerous versions of themselves.

Some spirits choose to become weapons that suit their human companion.

Others choose to assist fight directly alongside their partners, finding it more effective in the long run.

What's so cool about Humans?

083dc971fb138952d89d152dc9a0a987.gif

Humans kick some pretty good ass.

As the years have progressed, humans have learned to harness the small bit of magic that's within their bodies.

While they don't have magic pools anywhere close to the size of spirits, humans quickly learned how to harness this magic in extremely effective manners.

Humans have learned to use magic to alter their bodies, heavily increase their physical capabilities, and boost the weapons they use with concentration.

But Mankind's creativity can only get so far with their limited supply of magic.

The use of weaponry is a must, even if it's just a fallback.

Anything Else Baddass?

tumblr_mrqivrkXTK1r3maj7o1_500.gif

Obviously, there's more badassery to be told!

For now, I'll only let in on one thing..

Humans and Spirits can combine to form one powerful being, the result being quite powerful.

However, those inexperienced with the form will immediately split, finding themselves fatigued after attempting to do so.

Only a few companions have achieved this feat, but the result to said to be worth the struggle.

Misc.

tumblr_n1x3ghy17K1t2kk9ho1_500.gif

That's about everything I've got to type!

Once again, if you have any questions and concerns, feel free to ask me below!

I'm open to feedback and ideas!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! You were interested in the draft?

I think you'll like it even more now.

Wow; it was so good I didn't even realize it was a draft o_0

And I'm definitely still interested, if not more so!  Mind if I reserve a human early?

Last edited by a moderator:
Super interested, especially if this is just the draft! Would I be able to reserve a spirit? ovo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back