• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Legend of Korra RP

jaydude

Five Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This has always been one of my favourite works of fiction, but I noticed that most, if not all of the Avatar RPs on this site take place either before, or after Korra's time. I was wondering if there was anyone else on this site who wanted to take part in an RP set during, or right after the events of the show?

Our Setting - AKA Korra's equivalent of the Cold War

After Avatar Korra defeated Kuvira and bought an end to the Earth Empire's ambitions, many people thought that it would bring the world back into a state of balance, but it was not to be.

Following the destruction of the Colossus and the failed invasion of Republic City, remnants of the Earth Empire have defied Kuvira's surrender and seized control of Ba Sing Se. They - the Earth Empire Remnant - have made clear their intention to carry on Kuvira's original will of reuniting the former Earth Kingdom under a single, strong authority, and making sure that the nation can never be conquered by, or humiliated before the other nations ever again.

Elsewhere, Kuvira's defeat has had great ramifications across the Earth Empire. While many of her troops remain loyal to her ideals, others - typically conscripted citizens and bandits - have taken the opportunity to defect from the Earth Empire and return to their old lives. The bandits are reappearing and wreaking havoc across the land, and the Earth Kingdom is falling back into anarchy once again. Taking advantage of this chaotic situation, the Remnant offers its protection to beleaguered states, in exchange for resources, recruits and loyalty.

And now, the next chapter in this world's story begins...

Possible Storylines:

The Restoration:

Shortly after Kuvira's defeat, a campaign known as the Harmony Restoration Movement has been formed from members of the United Forces, the Air Nation, and the White Lotus. The goal of the movement is to get rid of the bandit forces now plaguing the Earth Kingdom, and in doing so discourage states from joining the Remnant, while also keeping the Remnant itself in check. Players would play as members of the Harmony Restoration Movement.

The Restoration (Remnant version):

The Earth Empire may have been defeated, but it is not destroyed. Being driven by a strong sense of nationalism, and having reformed in Ba Sing Se, its members seek to once again unite the Earth Kingdom under another strong, firm and competent. And while they're at it, perhaps they'll try and spring their leader Kuvira from whatever prison that wretched Avatar and that weakling Suyin had her locked away in. And perhaps from there, they'll move towards dealing with the United Republic, a nation formed on Earth Kingdom land stolen by Avatar Aang and Fire Lord Zuko, and populated by the descendants of invaders and collaborators. Players would play as members of the Remnant, a faction based very much on Book 4's Earth Empire.

Decline of Zaofu

Zaofu was humbled and weakened by Kuvira, and now finds itself facing unprecedented peril as the Earth Kingdom slips back into anarchy, as a faction of bandits makes it their goal to destroy the home of the Metal Clan. With Avatar Korra occupied with restoring balance to the Earth Kingdom, players take the role of citizens of Zaofu, and decide whether the city survives, or dies.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Kenzo Thanks for taking notice of this thread. Truth be told, I was beginning to think it would go unnoticed until after I'd rewritten and bumped it.

For anyone still interested in this, I'm going to start brainstorming some ideas for the plot. They should be up tomorrow.

jaydude said:
@Kenzo Thanks for taking notice of this thread. Truth be told, I was beginning to think it would go unnoticed until after I'd rewritten and bumped it.
For anyone still interested in this, I'm going to start brainstorming some ideas for the plot. They should be up tomorrow.
Looking forward to it!

I've got some ideas brewing for this. Just watched the series all the way through so it's fresh in my mind.

Update: Sorry for the delay. Currently working on creating the thread. Anyone who's still interested, please post which story you want to do, and I'll go with whichever one's most popular. Or just post your own ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back