• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Legacy of the Magera Reboot Interest Check

Mitchs98

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
Magic? Yeah it exists. Not how you think, not how it once was. Not anymore. No, it hasn't for a long time. Before the Magera were killed magic was the ruling force in the land, civilizations lived by it and thrived with it. Almost every single citizen knew some branch of it, elite city protectors knew multiple forms of destructive magic to keep their loved ones safe, magitech was naught but used to make everyday life easier. But of course things don't always stay perfect...they never do. For a time life was peaceful, war was kept to a minimum, and civilization was in a constant upward march. What no one realized was this easy lifestyle was what would soon lead to an age of strife, of chaos, of bleak darkness. For you see the lack of conflict caused people to grow soft and complacent. Not everyone, but the vast majority. Any monster attacks were snuffed out quickly by various groups of adventurers, the land governed so well by the Magera that none dared to start a massive conflict.

It was in essence a Utopian society, its people calm and happy with what they had. Though of course as they usually do all good things must come to an end. The upward march of technology coupled with the serenity would ultimately be what caused the crumble of society. It didn't happen quickly unfortunately, no. While the majority of the kingdoms were enjoying their times of peace the continent to the North had been building their armies, training for war. Training to destroy the Magera and claim their lands for themselves, to unite them all under one bloody flag. The Northern Karoi people believed that at the rate things were going it would only be a matter of time before society stopped believing in fighting and thus stopped training people for it on a whole. Leaving the bands of adventurers to be the sole front of humanities defense. In other words, they believed that it would boil down to two options. 1. The monsters destroying the cities and taking them over for themselves or 2. They took control.

Unfortunately they failed to see their flawed logic in their beliefs and soon started war on a massive scale, going down south to lay siege to any outpost, city, or kingdom that opposed them. Their main goals would be to slaughter each Magera in each main kingdom, thus solidifying their claim to the land. It was a long and bloody fight, one that lasted years, one many thought would never end. Despite their advanced technology they lacked the army to both use it and hold off the Kaori, and unfortunately they had both the technology and the manpower to use it. If anything it wasn't a war, no, it was a one sided slaughter that the losing side struggled to maintain a hold on. It would of been over much sooner had the Magera not fought alongside each of their people. Coincidentally, it would of also been far less bloody if they had of simply surrendered.

At the dawn of what was the final battle the final remaining Magera, an old greyed man by the name of Albion Pendledragon saw what needed to be done. He didn't want the same fate to befall his kingdom as it had the rest. He mustered the courage to do the one thing that none of the rest had, be the reason they were to proud or simply too stubborn, he took his own life to save that of his people. He marched to the front lines of the war before the battle even begun and slit his own throat as calm as day, finally ending a long and bloody battle. Hundreds of years passed, thus bringing us to where we are now.

Magic exists, yes. Anyone with common sense will be able to tell you that. Though not in nearly any capacity as it used to, at-least not as commonly. Everyone in society still possesses magic this is true. But now adays its simply used for menial tasks to make life easier beyond that of even what their advanced technology can do for them. It can be used for combat though in most instances weakly so. No, those with high magical prowess are usually indoctrinated into an army of some kind, a famous adventurer, or someone wealthy in high society. While it is possible to expand ones' field of magic through sheer training most are born with it. Those that are generally branded at the age of thirteen with a mark of power, dictating their higher status, and thus being held in higher regards in society. Those that aren't are considered rogue and a traitor to the crown, able to be arrested at will and even executed upon capture even they commit a crime of any severity.

These traitors are numerous, though not necessarily powerful they're scattered all across the Kingdoms and tend to live on the edges of society. Several have banded together in large groups, each with unique names, the most prominent as well as dwelling within the capital ofAleksa would be Apex. The Apex are primarily dedicated to stopping the rising monster threat. Though they also serve as a place of refuge and general mercenary group, helping those that need it and hiding them from the law. Slowly but surely their numbers are growing in an effort to go back to the way things were, before the Kaori took over and oppressed the people, when the Magera still reigned.

However not even with the Apex's efforts are things looking well for anyone. Despite the Kaori taking over the Kingdoms in an effort to keep them out of the hands of the monsters they did not however put forth effort to quell the ever growing hordes, at-least not enough. And with there simply not being enough official monster hunting groups any longer the monsters populations have more than tripled in recent years, and they only grow every day. Thus its left up to the Apex and the fair few remaining groups to both fight off the monsters and prove to everyone that if nothing is done, humanity on a whole will be wiped off the face of the planet.
---
I recently decided I'm not willing to let this idea people put a decent amount of effort and interest into sheets into to fizzle out because some people that joined it simply couldn't commit enough to even make a sheet or tell me they'd be too busy to so I could get things started for those who WERE interested. The threads and everything are, luckily, already set up. I'll simply be making a new IC and linking it to start everything over. We didn't get far into the story so this is the best option I see here on out. PLEASE do NOT express interest in this if you aren't going to be semi-active/even make a sheet. I know people have lives but this should not stop you from posting at-least once a week or getting a sheet up within that time-frame. If people I know with jobs or those that have children can do it, so can you, no excuses if you express interest.

Those in the previous RP you can consider your characters approved. If any NEW interest has any questions, please ask. This universe is, for the most part, entirely custom made by me. The only thing that isn't is your basic fantasy races and magical elements.

Thank you for reading!

Our OOC is here. All the threads are up, feel free to read the lore and stuff~​

Last edited:
I've started the RP and relinked the new IC. I encourage anyone to join if they wish to, I'm open to directly helping you with your character. If you want to join, post on the OOC, join the Discord, post here, or let me know.Thank you.

Legacy of the Magera Reboot(OPEN)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back