Other Least and Most Favorite Parts of a CS

As a new GM myself my cs is pretty short that I require for my rpers, but there are a few things that were mandatory, to make the rp flow nicer... I put personality in there mainly so you can get the basics, more can come out later. I do not require a bio, there are only a few rps where that is necessary, seriously, let me explain my history IC!

As a new GM myself my cs is pretty short that I require for my rpers, but there are a few things that were mandatory, to make the rp flow nicer... I put personality in there mainly so you can get the basics, more can come out later. I do not require a bio, there are only a few rps where that is necessary, seriously, let me explain my history IC!
The one problem that comes with allowing players to explain their history IC Is you'll get lots of fiat "oh my char can suddenly do this because he was taught how to in the past how convenient!". In my CSes all fields are mandatory but they don't need to be posted publicly. As long as I see your history you can leave the field blank on the public CS.

When people speak of time as an excuse, it's just that, an excuse. An old teacher of mine once told me: People make time for things which are important to them. If rp simply isn't important enough to make time for, then that's the end of that. However I will not ever give anyone any leg room to blame time for their rp failings. Whether that be your own mishandling of the rp or simply not having the desire to make it happen; it all falls on you as the individual not wanting to make it happen. Not wanting to make it happen at the cost of sleep or not watching game of thrones(common excuse) is perfectly fine. But excuses for bad behavior are intolerable in my books.

I agree! Although if someone notifies you ahead of time, I don't have a problem with that. But this whole disapear for a week nonsense, is not tolerable, and really frustrates me!

Good luck with your life and rp's. If you don't like me because of my principles, then oh well.
Do not misinterpret what I said. I still have respect for you and your principles. I just do not feel as though it is right to hold everyone to those standards. Anyway, that's just my opinion on the matter.

As well as what Nogoodname Nogoodname said, I frequently find people who put no effort into making their character, well, a character. My role plays frequent powers and magic, so people frequently make their powers nothing more than conduits to use that power and as a result put no thought into what their character is. Creating a bio section forces people to think about it.

I do believe that if you truly care about something, that you absolutely should put in the time and effort! If you want your sleep more than you want to do something in life then you need to inspire yourself! Think of ways you can make time! Pls watch my signature, along with some other videos by him! Change your the way you think, put the effort in! You say you want it, but you don't want it more than you want to sleep!?
Shog Shog

I beg you to take a moment, and think about what motivates you, what you enjoy! You must put in effort into everything you do! If this means dropping a few things, by god do it! Unless its school, stay in school.

I do believe that if you truly care about something, that you absolutely should put in the time and effort! If you want your sleep more than you want to do something in life then you need to inspire yourself! Think of ways you can make time! Pls watch my signature, along with some other videos by him! Change your the way you think, put the effort in! You say you want it, but you don't want it more than you want to sleep!?
Shog Shog
I will try and explain this as calmly as I can. First, would you mind taking a look at my scheadule from the prior page? Make time means put less effort into my grades. Back in high school my grades came easy to me, so this was never a problem I had to deal with. Now my grades actually mean something and I am taking courses that (for the most part) will help me succeed in life. I am much more willing to drop any form of entertainment for a time if it means helping to secure my future. Perhaps I'm just speaking nonsense. Perhaps I'm just too weak to navigate life like a human being. And just as a side note, if you look at my schedule you'll see at least an hour gap between when I do homework and study and go to sleep. That's not because I take a stupid long time to get ready for bed. It's because I lay there for at least an hour waiting for sleep to come. In the wise words of my roommate: "Insomnia's a B*tch." As a result I highly value sleep, sleeping drugs (all legal, just to dismiss any thoughts otherwise), and copious amounts of caffeine (which sucks because I do not like coffee). Anyway, I do what I can to keep up. If it was as simple as "making time," I would have done it already. Trust me.

I saw your schedule! I agree with Bacon is fluffy Bacon is fluffy all the way! If someone does not notify you before hand then no excuses if you didn't reply within a week in MY rp you would receive the boot! If you don't want to put in the effort and make yourself a schedule, then bye! Bacon is Fluffy's schedule is worse than yours, but does she say "I am to tired!" No she doesn't! She replies! If you want to rp, make an aloted time for yourself each day!

I saw your schedule! I agree with Bacon is fluffy Bacon is fluffy all the way! If someone does not notify you before hand then no excuses if you didn't reply within a week in MY rp you would receive the boot! If you don't want to put in the effort and make yourself a schedule, then bye! Bacon is Fluffy's schedule is worse than yours, but does she say "I am to tired!" No she doesn't! She replies! If you want to rp, make an aloted time for yourself each day!
I'd like to point out that not once have I said I take more than a week to reply. I attempt to reply as frequently as possible. I just question the quality of said posts. If I'm in something I will try my best to stay in and active. And still you miss the point. They gave their schedule for the past week, I gave my scheadule for the past several. Truth be told, I'm probably going to hate myself tomorrow for being up this late and not doing work. This also leads me into my second point: I'm weak. It's already been established that she's stronger than me and better at life. I'll reiterate one last time: I reply when I get the chance, every day. Even if it's the first and last thing I do each day, I try. I just do not have the time or energy to make it what I would consider "good." Now you can continue ridiculing a faceless person over the internet, or you can accept that I am who I am and move on.

Wow... You do realize that by you ridiculing her earlier, that you were doing the same thing I am doing now? You do realize that that is the pot calling the kettle black? I say we just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

And all I said was you need to get your priorities in order if that means focusing more on school and less on rp then so be it!

Wow... You do realize that by you ridiculing her earlier, that you were doing the same thing I am doing now? You do realize that that is the pot calling the kettle black? I say we just agree to disagree and leave it at that.
Most of what I did was defending my statements. Again, I respect Bacon is fluffy Bacon is fluffy for her total dedication. The only time I ridiculed her was in post #24, and even that was a defense as I felt directly attacked. I do not agree with all of her stance, but I respect her for standing by it and am certainly not ridiculing her for having it. To the contrary, I certainly felt ridiculed by you for not being at her level.

I'd like to just drop this, but I feel the need to defend myself in situations like these. Now if anything that's hippocratic, feeling the need to defend myself against a faceless person over the internet.

Haha I'm not a girl and that's not my permanent schedule(was an exam week). But while it wasn't about being right.

However I do agree that I wouldn't want someone like this in any rp's that I'm in. :3

I didn't look at your profile *facepalms* I always forget to do that... Why is this my life!

Still that's one tough week...

And ya the boot...

It has nothing to do with being right or wrong! It is the principal of the matter... You can't be rude and not expect greif over it later... And so I am probably going to get greif later for stating my opinion in the matter... Crap... Just realized that now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back