• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Learning Some Magic

Parrot Parfait

A dude eclectus parrot
Roleplay Type(s)
(This is an unofficial Isekai Hell RP and cannot be graded.)

After getting Kain registered as an adventurer and visiting Kain's base to pick up his belonging, both Hildegard and Kain were heading towards the city. Earlier, Selve's receptionist requested that the two help out in Norroburry, recommending they take the portal in the city. After accepting, the two set off, but with the walk being a non-trivial one, sunset was already setting despite covering a sizeable distance in the forests.

Kain Lief
1639268335715-png.939257

"It's almost nighttime."
Interactions: Dante Verren Dante Verren

1646179145515.gifKain walked happily alongside Hildegard, humming an odd but cheery tune from his past life. Though the two had been walking uneventfully for hours, Kain didn't mind the quietness one bit. He was too merry over the fact he was going on an adventure with Hildegard. Kain didn't know what to expect, but the prospect of new things tickled his imagination and excitement over what could be possible. He was so distracted that he completely lost track of the time and was unaware that sunset was already approaching.

Hildegard Karling
Interaction: Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait
63f4386cfb91d03db9533a15284a6ed3.jpg

Hildegard had to admit that she had her own concerns , the responsibility of suddenly taking on a traveling companion was daunting enough. The fact that her new companion was a younger boy attuned to his forest and having never left his home village made that even more intimidating. Still so far there had been no negative occurrences, and Kain seemed to be enjoying himself. His constant smiles and up beat attitude made traveling a lot more fun then it was by herself, hopefully their old companion was having a good time as well.

Looking up to the sky, she noticed that it was starting to get later in the day. Turning to Kain she gave the boy a smile. "Looks like it's getting late. Come on adventurer, lets find a good place to get some food and take a rest." They had already had a long day and Hildegard could feel her stomach starting to rumble. If by the grace of the lord they could find a good spot it would be an excellent idea to stop.

Kain Lief
1639268335715-png.939257

"I'll go find us some shelter!"

1646285494047.gifKain turned to the sky when Hildegard noted the time, and upon seeing the subtle orange hues in the sky, Kain nodded happily in agreement. He was particularly giddy that Hildegard had called him "adventurer," and with that little piece of motivation, Kain told Hildegard in a spritely tone, "Okay, miss! Ah, I'll ask the forest where we can stay!" With that, Kain hopped towards the nearest tree and stood before it. As before, Kain placed his forehead upon the trunk of the tree before a soft, green glow illuminated from underneath. Unlike last night's request, the directions he got from the forest was as in the form he usually expected, a general feeling in a specific direction. After the brief exchange with the forest, Kain announced to Hildegard, "There's a place we can stay this way," while pointing in a seemingly random direction off the main road. Kain then skipped towards the direction he pointed, occasionally looking back so that he wouldn't lose the way back to the main path. After a good five or ten minutes, they eventually arrived at a rock overhang. While not a perfect shelter, it was enough to protect them against the elements as well as a good place to hide away from animals. Upon seeing the shelter, Kain looked at Hildegard with a smile before asking, "The forest is nice, right?"

1646285732668.png

Hildegard Karling
Interactions: Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait

Hildegard had to admit that the boys magic connection with nature was a fantastic thing. She wasn't sure how it entirely worked but it was some kind of miracle of the lord, that was for sure. Following Kain as he skipped his way into the forest following whatever path his sense laid out for him. It was odd how happy he still was after everything he had witnessed. Mind you Hildegard wasn't exactly a seasoned adventurer but her faith kept her own spirits high, so what kept Kain's spirits up? She decided she could ask those questions later, as Kain found them some shelter for the night. Returning the boys smile she nodded, "Yes it is. Nature is one of the many great gifts bestowed upon us by the lord." Setting her stuff down she began to prepare to set up camp for the night.

Kain Lief
1639268335715-png.939257

"Rabbit Stew! Rabbit Stew!"

Kain smiled warmly at Hildegard's response before placing his backpack on the ground and helping Hildegard set up camp.

The two quietly but efficiently setup their camp, creating a fire pit, cleaning away rocks, and collecting kindling and wood. As they do the sun continued to set further until an evening purple painted the once warm-colored sky.

1646379905371.gifOnce everything was in order, Kain began rummaging through his backpack for stuff. First, he pulled out a bright red book titled Kiddy's Guide to Survival and plastered with a childishly cartoonish drawing on the front. The book he set aside. Then, Kain pulled out all sorts of foodstuffs: smoked rabbit meat, mushrooms, a variety of herbs, a pouch of salt, potatoes, and carrots. Whereas the latter three items were from the village, Kain procured the others ingredients himself. Lastly, he pulled out an iron pot, the sight of which caused him to chuckle giddily. He'd been wanting a pot for quite a while but never had the money to get one. However, after helping out the villagers, they'd gifted him one after asking what he'd wanted.

"I'll make rabbit stew tonight!" Kain chirped before getting up. "I'll get some water. Could you start the fire, Miss Hildegard?" When Kain received a response, he'd go by a nearby brook to scoop up some water unless Hildegard asked him something else.

Hildegard Karling

After having set up camp and settled in. Sitting down a little bit away from the pile of wood they were going to use as a camp fire she watched Kain pull out the various different ingredients that would eventually make tonight's dinner. Hildegard almost felt a little spoiled, it was like she had her own personal chef. When the boy mentioned rabbit stew she felt her stomach growl and her mouth water slightly. "Sounds delicious" she commented. "I will have that fire ready in just a second." Leaning forward she reached towards the fire and channeled her magic through her arm. Casting her Lightning claw she struck the edge of the wood showering it in sparks. The wood sizzled for a moment before it started to catch. With the fire now lit she would tend to the flame to make sure it would grow and not sputter out.

Kain Lief
1639268335715-png.939257

"A new page..."

After a short walk to the brook, Kain scooped up some water before heading back to the camp. As Hildegard was stoking the fire, Kain stuck firmly into the ground two branches with y-shapes at the ends of the pit, all while taking care not to obstruct Hildegard. Then, after putting another branch through the iron pot's loop, Kain propped the iron pot above the fire. Now all that was left to do was add the ingredient, to which Kain picked up his book and began flipping through the book. There was a reason why Kain had wanted an iron pot all this time, as the book oddly had a recipes section, with rabbit stew happening to be the first recipe. However, upon reaching the page number the recipe was located, the recipe wasn't there, instead replaced with another section.

1646444711145.png"Huh?" Kain said aloud when he realized what he was looking at was not a recipe for rabbit stew. Confused, Kain flipped further through the book, and not too far, Kain found the rabbit stew recipe on a later page number. Flipping back to previous page, Kain looked at the title of the newly added page: "You Can Be A Little Wizard Too!" Kain almost began reading the page when he remembered that he was supposed to be making food for Hildegard. For now, he'd just ignore the new page, opting to start placing in the ingredients with the intent of asking Hildegard afterwards.

After adding into the pot the rough proportions described by the book, Kain sat away from the fire and opened up the new section, before taking another look at it. After skimming the contents a bit, Kain confirmed that it was a guide on how to use magic. He then turned to Hildegard and asked without realizing the redunancy of the question, "Miss Hildegard, you know how to use magic, right?"

Hildegard Karling
Interactions: Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait

At Kain's confused exclamation Hildegard looked up form the fire with a raised eyebrow. He was looking through his book with a puzzled look on his face, possibly trying to find something. Either way it didn't seem like it was anything of actual concern so she went back to poking at the fire. Traveling and camping with someone else for a long period of time was something that Hildegard was still getting use to. Every noise or motion that her companion made her curious as to what was going on. Of course there was also a minor sense of paranoia with having to be the responsible one of the group.

She watched as Kain moved to the fire and got the pot set up to start cooking, after a few minutes the boy moved away from the fire and sat down. Taking out his book Hildegard observed Kain going back to his reading. When Kain asked her about her knowledge of magic She looked up to answer his question. "Yes a little bit. I am no where near a master but can use basic lighting magic. Why do you ask? Has the gift my lord gave me drawn your interest?"

Kain Lief
1639268335715-png.939257

"Where did it come from? I don't know."

"Hmm..." Kain mulled over, not knowing exactly how to answer the question. To him, a new page appearing in his book out of nowhere was plain weird, and if it were weird to him, Kain could guess it'd also be weird to Hildegard, the idea of which didn't appeal to him. However, Kain knew he was a terrible liar, so he just chose to tell her the truth. "I found in my guidebook a new page about magic. I don't know where it came from... but if I get stuck somewhere in it, could help me get unstuck?" Kain looked at Hildegard with a hopeful but slightly nervous look.

Hildegard Karling

Hildegard chuckled at the boy's nervous look. "If a magic page appeared in your book, and keeps appearing then it is a miracle. A gift and a sign from the lord. He wants you to learn magic." She was sure of that, and she let her excitement be known in her voice. Things like these happened for a reason, and that reason ultimaitly led back to one source, the lord who tasked her with her mission. "Read it, and if you get stuck then we will figure it out together." She said to her younger companion. While se was already having a good time, this just made the journey that much more fun for the zealous Hildegard.

Kain Lief
1639268335715-png.939257

"It's not working..."

Kain felt awashed with relief. Not only did Hildegard think the appearance as somewhat normal, she thought it was a good sign. Encouraged by her words, he gave a lightened smile and chimed happily, "Thank Miss! I'll ask you if I get stuck!" Kain then got reading the section as the stew slowly simmered away.

1647237189613.gifAs always, the book explained the concepts of magic in terms Kain could understand. After finishing, Kain began his attempt at concentrating mana into his fingertips. However, despite making a constipated face, nothing happened. As the stew softly boiled, Kain continued to spend a good solid few minutes weirdly gesturing his hands to get something to come out. However, he just couldn't do it. The issue was Kain was now the one doing the action whereas before, the trees would do the "pushing" and "pulling" for him. To Kain, it was as if the training wheels were taken away from him.

Stumpted, Kain turned to Hildegard and asked, "Miss Hildegard, I can't seem to get the magic to work..." Kain looked a bit dejected, especially knowing that he should be able to easily do this after talking with the trees for so long.

Hildegard Karling
Parrot Parfait Parrot Parfait

Hildegard looked over at Kain as he struggled with his magic. Nodding as she listened and then thought about how she could explain it. "You have to focus on something, channel the power. Find a source of inspiration and use that as the origin for your power." Holding up her hand she let the electricity crackle between her fingers. "It isn't enough to just be connected to magic. From my limited knowledge you must have an affinity, a type you meld and study. From my faith I found my magic in lightning, it is beautiful yet fierce, swift and mighty. It is a testament to the power of the lord." Looking back to Kain she waited to see if he understood.

"Try finding a source for your affinity, whether it's the ground beneath you, the air you breathe, or the fire that heats the stew. That should be your first step."

Kain Lief
1639268335715-png.939257

"It's glowing!"

Kain silently listened to Hildegard's instruction, leaving no word unattended. He understood most of it, but the part he really caught onto was the source of inspiration. Maybe, instead trying to move his own magic, he could work with something more... familiar. When Hildegard finished, Kain nodded before placing his hand on a rock caked with moss. It's touch was cool, soft and moist, Kain's fingers easily sliding across the surface. Then he felt the magic of the forest trickle too and fro the pads of his hand. This time, however, instead of allowing the magic to flow passively, Kain attempted to direct the stream. ...Nothing happened, and such, unhappy with his progress, Kain envisioned applying a lot more force. Like a rope suddenly being pulled taught, the line of magic jerked and tossed, ringing a sharp pop, creating green flash, and stinging his bare hands.

"Ouch!" Kain exclaimed. He held his moss covered hand, looking at its slight redness. Although he'd gotten a bit hurt, Kain retried, undeterred. This time, Kain closed his eyes before slowly adjusting his control. Not long after, a soft, emerald glow illuminated underneath his hand. When Kain opened his eyes, he gave a wide smile before beaming joyfully at Hildegard. "I did it! I did it! I-" As soon as his attention was diverted, the light immediately disappeared, and when Kain had looked back at his hand, he noticed the glow was gone. "Aww..." Kain trailed, slumping his shoulders, "It stopped glowing..."

By that time, the stew looked ready to eat, but Kain was too distracted by his failure to notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back