• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ❝ 𝐋𝐀𝐙𝐀𝐑𝐔𝐒 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 ❞ — 𝑜𝑜𝑐.

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

low fidelity

𝗆𝗈𝗏𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘶𝘴
LAZARUS CITY.
444A9991E2234004C922D8216EB6B91490EDB7FF

OOC THREAD.

due date: wednesday, march 31st.

LORE & SPECIES INFO. | CHARACTERS. | INTEREST CHECK.

please feel free to chat here, and feel free to ask me,
erzulie erzulie , and PRETTY HATE MACHINE. PRETTY HATE MACHINE. any questions you have!

Last edited:
I have two questions;

1.) How many characters can we create? Are there limitations?

2.) Where and when does Lazarus City take place?

I have two questions;

1.) How many characters can we create? Are there limitations?

2.) Where and when does Lazarus City take place?

hi there! there is currently a two character limit, as stated at the top of the cs thread. and lazarus city is set in modern times (2021 but no covid lol) and is a city hidden within the forests of the american pacific northwest! sorry, it slipped my mind to include that in the interest check thread. a bit more information about the city and its species will be up in the lore thread in about an hour. c:

hi ! some more questions:
1. can magic only be performed by witches? or are there some rituals which are accessible in the academic sense if someone was worried about their safety?
2. do the werewolves have magical drugs and painkillers to rely on to suppress their transformations? do they pretty much rely on the witch covens for these?
3. since the city is isolated from the rest of country, what laws do the police department operate under and who made them? i'm assuming the vampires are a mafia because they don't run the city so how much of a force is the local government that they aren't completely overrun by all the non-humans in the city? i want to know more about the leadership, how they're dealing with all the organised crime and how justice could theoretically be served

another question.

is it possible for a character we're playing to have a companion? especially if the character is a cop.

hi ! some more questions:
1. can magic only be performed by witches? or are there some rituals which are accessible in the academic sense if someone was worried about their safety?
2. do the werewolves have magical drugs and painkillers to rely on to suppress their transformations? do they pretty much rely on the witch covens for these?
3. since the city is isolated from the rest of country, what laws do the police department operate under and who made them? i'm assuming the vampires are a mafia because they don't run the city so how much of a force is the local government that they aren't completely overrun by all the non-humans in the city? i want to know more about the leadership, how they're dealing with all the organised crime and how justice could theoretically be served

1. All species possesses some innate form of magic except humans, but magic can only physically be performed by witches and demons. Some forms of magic, such as potion-making and sigil-drawing, are available to everyone with the right know-how. We're also leaving the door open for other magic-users (such as fae) if you'd like to include your own race. Be sure to keep the extent of the magic limited, though.

2. Werewolf transformations are only uncontrollable for the first few months after werewolfism initially manifests. It's not a problem for most werewolves to transform at will. No magical suppressants needed, though they are available from a witch vendor if one wants them. It's extremely dangerous for a werewolf to continually suppress the ability to transform, however. Also, there's not really a painkilling drug on the market for werewolves per se, and any other drug a werewolf takes has effects that will carry over. The werewolf transformation is just too damned painful to be killed by even magical drugs. Most magical drugs are strictly recreational and would probably kill a human if they tried to consume them. They're that potent.

3. Laws operate much the same as any regular human city does. The code for law enforcement goes back to when the city was first founded, though, so many laws are outdated or simply too easy to find a loophole with. To be honest, the police force barely functions in this town. The vamps have a lot of power over what goes on in the city and the wolf packs do their own fair share of strong-arming. Witches and other magic users have a firm grip on the drug trade. Justice could only realistically be served with a complete overhaul of Lazarus City's criminal justice system as it is now. Bringing the laws up to date with the times couldn't hurt, either!

Thanks for the questions, luv! If you'd like me to elaborate further please let me know!

another question.

is it possible for a character we're playing to have a companion? especially if the character is a cop.

Yes, you may give your character a companion. Cops are fine.

ooooo all very good questions. ty mel for answering since i'm barely waking up

& yay i'm so excited to see everyone's characters omg !! i'll be working on the ambroses today, might get a wip up later. c:

3. Laws operate much the same as any regular human city does. The code for law enforcement goes back to when the city was first founded, though, so many laws are outdated or simply too easy to find a loophole with. To be honest, the police force barely functions in this town. The vamps have a lot of power over what goes on in the city and the wolf packs do their own fair share of strong-arming. Witches and other magic users have a firm grip on the drug trade. Justice could only realistically be served with a complete overhaul of Lazarus City's criminal justice system as it is now. Bringing the laws up to date with the times couldn't hurt, either!
ooo gotcha, see i wanted my character to be a private investigator who cooperates with the city prosecutors but i had to make sure the system was functional enough for her to have that job. i'm not so sure how that might work out for her now ;;

i do have a few follow up questions though ! i'll come back to ask them later in the morning

ooo gotcha, see i wanted my character to be a private investigator who cooperates with the city prosecutors but i had to make sure the system was functional enough for her to have that job. i'm not so sure how that might work out for her now ;;

i do have a few follow up questions though ! i'll come back to ask them later in the morning

she can most definitely still be a private investigator! she'll just have to not have a lot of reservations about working outside of the law to get things done sometimes. the LCPD needs honest people.

yep, like mel said, you can most definitely still have a private investigator! if you really want them to be more law abiding/neutral good, maybe them being newly "transferred" to lazarus city could be an interesting route c:

wanna collab? my detective & non-human character (benjamin) and your character would mesh well together in terms of rp. he is bound to leave the LCPD (most likely to become a vigilant/private investigator later in RP) anyway since he is seeking the dark truth of Lazarus which will be mentioned in his backstory.

(im currently doing my vampire warlock character atm).

wanna collab? my detective & non-human character (benjamin) and your character would mesh well together in terms of rp. he is bound to leave the LCPD (most likely to become a vigilant/private investigator later in RP) anyway since he is seeking the dark truth of Lazarus which will be mentioned in his backstory.

(im currently doing my vampire warlock character atm).
hey there! i just wanna point out two things real quick: first, pls feel free to throw around ideas but i would discourage collaborating before the due date since characters aren't first come first served. secondly, there's actually no possibility for vampires to create hybrids (im sorry i didn't clarify this more clearly in the lore thread). the gist of it basically is that vampire warlocks (or any vampire hybrid) aren't possible because a hybrid eventually must choose to either live as a vampire (by consuming their vampiric parent's blood) or as their other race. hope that makes sense !

Expect Toby, the Behavorist to appear tomorrow or day after
can't wait to see him! i'm loving all the placeholders and character ideas so far

This got active fast and with good ides too

What's the possibility of me being able to play a vampire-witch hybrid? I know they're rare at least in the circumstances of the lore and it wouldn't affect much if I wouldn't be able but I'd like to know if possible.
low fidelity low fidelity

What's the possibility of me being able to play a vampire-witch hybrid? I know they're rare at least in the circumstances of the lore and it wouldn't affect much if I wouldn't be able but I'd like to know if possible.
low fidelity low fidelity

Vampires are the only species that are very hard and almost impossible to hybridize due to their undead nature. We're not allowing vamp hybrids at the moment.

Vampires are the only species that are very hard and almost impossible to hybridize due to their undead nature. We're not allowing vamp hybrids at the moment.
That's alright. One more request. Would I be able to make a witch who summoned a demon in order to petition a sort of symbiotic-possessed relationship? The demon acts as a sort of fuel or access to knowledge not known to the caster and in exchange, the demon gets a few days of possession if that sort of thing is able to happen. The possession ability doesn't seem too detailed in that matter so I am wondering how that works as well.

That's alright. One more request. Would I be able to make a witch who summoned a demon in order to petition a sort of symbiotic-possessed relationship? The demon acts as a sort of fuel or access to knowledge not known to the caster and in exchange, the demon gets a few days of possession if that sort of thing is able to happen. The possession ability doesn't seem too detailed in that matter so I am wondering how that works as well.

Oh, that sounds interesting! If you can do it, I don't see why not. Go ahead!

Man work is killing me! I got a chance to look over the placeholders so far and I’m excited to see the finished works!

Hi there! Perhaps this is a silly question but I’d rather ask than make a fool of myself. What exactly are ailments? Are they supposed to be physical weaknesses + do they have to relate to the character’s species?

Hi there! Perhaps this is a silly question but I’d rather ask than make a fool of myself. What exactly are ailments? Are they supposed to be physical weaknesses + do they have to relate to the character’s species?
hi! sorry for not clarifying, ailments can be optional but really it's any physical or mental weaknesses and/or illnesses they have, and it can be related to their species if you so wish. c:

Could I do a written description instead of using a faceclaim? The template I just brewed up would look a little off adding a picture to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back