Other Last Minute Halloween Ideas?

AlbaGuBrath

"Scotland Forever"
So, normally I don't really dress up for Halloween, but some friends of mine are having a costume party, so why not! I'm trying to think of quick, easy, and cheap costumes that I can make this weekend with stuff around my dorm or at the Dollar Store/maybe Hobby Lobby (because I'm a broke college student).
I'm wanting to do something historical (preferably Scottish or Irish history, because that's what I'm studying) or something literary (something with Poe maybe?). It definitely needs to be modest (and reasonably warm!), and I'm not really looking for the super scary/gory thing.

Some ideas I already have are Mary Stuart/Anne Boleyn (the headless woman costume, carrying around my head) or Flora MacDonald. I definitely really like the headless woman idea, minus all the blood, but I'm not sure I can get the materials or get it finished before Tuesday night. I made a basic Flora MacDonald costume a couple years ago, so I know I can do that, but I'd rather try something different. Agnes of Dunbar would also be fun, if I could figure out something. Going with a silly/fantastical thing, maybe a unicorn?
Cute/silly ideas are also cool! Couples ideas are welcome as well, though as mentioned before, they should be family friendly.

So, do y'all have any cool ideas you'd like to share?

Last edited:
Edit: I'm a dumb idiot and didn't read through the whole post, good luck thou.

Last edited:
Thank you! I'm definitely leaning toward Flora, since I don't think I can pull off the headless thing with such short notice. We're trying to see if my boyfriend can make a Jacobite soldier as well, so that would be fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back