• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Land of Wings (interest check)

Olissa

One Thousand Club
NKONmbl.png
Premise
fiodDyX.png

The Land of Wings, a land of many wonders. Disconnected to the world, yet under the same stars as we see. In this Land winged beings primarily live, though there are exceptions of beings of other Lands that managed to travel to the Land in the Skies. But for many centuries, the Land believed to have been the only Land, thus never gave a name to its country, or capital, simply naming it the Capital.
All live here peacefully under the rule of one angelic household, though unbeknown to most, it wouldn’t remain calm for long...

NKONmbl.png
Roleplay info
fiodDyX.png

The Land of Wings is a fully detached land, resting in the skies. It can’t be seen from earth, but it can be accessed through various means, one of which is flight.
Because of its airlocked status the majority of the inhabitants of the Land are winged. Of course, they’re not alone, non winged beings have come and gone to this airborne country. The roleplay takes place here, in the Capital.

You will be able to play any kind of creature, though, it is advised to select a flying type of being or figure out a good way as to why/how your non-winged character ended up here.
Throughout the Land various groups of beings tend to stick together, the sole exception being the Capital where you can find beings of any kind all through the city, especially in the Market Square.

The city is full of opportunities for your characters. Be it the local smith, baker, a traveler passing through, the royal physician, or a general in the Queen's Guard. Be creative, but realistic (seriously, a 15 y/o won't be owning and running a successful shop and have time for an adventure on the sidelines).

It's quite obvious that the Land has been isolated for centuries, as evident in technology and architecture. Most of the architectuur is similar in style to the ancient Roman/Greek style, though the more modern buildings have a lot in common with the Baroque period. Technology isn't as developed as in 'our' world (better known as the 'World Below'). In fact, they don't rely on technology at all. It has been brought over by humans who stumbled upon the Land, but it isn't part of daily life generally speaking. Especially since magic is readily available for many.

Now it all seems lovely and nice, and while the people of the Land suspect nothing out of the ordinary, evil is brewing right amongst their midst. For some this might mean their lives will never be the same again.

If you are interested, post a reply here in the interest check. If there are any questions feel free to ask. Got any ideas, just drop them here!

(This will be between casual and detailed in. Meaning 2 useful paragraphs per post (so not filled with 80% fluff...) and paying attention to details, grammar, punctuation etc. While there is an underlying plot that I will bring to the foreground every once in a while, it will have elements of a sandbox RP where you can play around and have fun outside of the main plot.)

Dragons are a thing in the Land. So yes you can definitely be one if you want, though it is advised, big dragons can't really maneuver well in the city so do keep practicality in mind. As well as how you're going to communicate with the other characters.

Dragons are a thing in the Land. So yes you can definitely be one if you want, though it is advised, big dragons can't really maneuver well in the city so do keep practicality in mind. As well as how you're going to communicate with the other characters.
Then a dragon that can change its size and speak with magic!

If you can make it work, I don't see why not. The Land is nothing like the World Below, so pegasi, dragons, harpies, they're all part of that realm.

I absolutely love this setting, and would love to participate! A character similar to a Lilitu, but maybe a little more reptilian!

I can't say I've ever encountered any such a creature in a fantasy setting before, so I'll be interested in seeing what you bring to the table.

I'm interested.
Just a thought: What do you think about shape shifters? I have a concept where a creature can shift between a human form and winged beast form at will. I can provide details of this particular species if interested..

Thank you all for the interest,
RhythmWolf Rocky RhythmWolf Rocky a shapeshifter that can shift between a human form and a winged beast form could potentially work, depending of course on the details.

They are restricted to only one beast form and can use parts from that form as a human, for example the wings needed to stay airborne.
Any breath weapon like a dragon's fire can only be used if they're in that particular form (in that case, a dragon). They're pretty much restricted by their genetic make up; nothing is magic, and they can get hurt like any other animal. That's about it.

Sounds about fair at this point. Full details of course would have to be in the CS when I get this RP up and running, but that might have to wait till after the weekend before I have time for that.

Hesitantly stating interest, and quick question: is there a major social status system in place or does the (assumed) monarchy hold a more egalitarian view? I have a servant character in mind and was wondering if that would be permitted.

I'll be adding quite the mischievous information broker to this cast... >; )

Thank you all for the interest! I'll keep you updated when the threads are up.

Avatar Arvis Avatar Arvis I expect the threads to be posted publicly in the beginning of the upcoming week (so Monday to Wednesday at the latest) all the information is already written out but the last time I posted it this site had just made its switch to the hosted projects format then the site got flipped to html, then back to xF1, and now to xF2, so all my coding has blown up in my private workshop over the course of time. And that takes a little while to fix lol.

Kachi Kachi the whole social system is a little complicated and I'm still trying to figure out more details without taking away the freedom of the writers for their characters so it's a bit delicate, but I'll do my best to explain.
The monarchy borders on the fine line between an absolute monarchy and a constitutional monarchy here. So the Queen stands above and separate from it all, and her voice can overrule the council if she deems it necessary, but there are certain laws and rules in place that apply to her.
(Mind you this system developed very different from our world so it didn't go through the same revolutions and the like!)
Below her stand other nobility. Either blood relatives of her, or leaders of individual species that she has contact with to maintain peace in her Land.
There are forms of racism and prejudices I suppose, it would be odd if there weren't I think.
Social classes are a thing, or could be a thing depending on the species? I would think the structure of systems would be different for say the dragons compared to demons and yet again different amongst angels.

All in all I would say that each species kind of have their own views for various reasons, but above it all stands the Rucrosa household (the Queen) Does that make sense?

As for having a servant character in place, yes that could definitely work. Again, I don't know if you had plans yet where to place your character (where they are a servant) and what kind of species they will belong to, but I know for example there are people working in the palace in both high and low functions, high and low born.
The Queen herself is very much a person that believes in the individual's worth and not in the prejudice that casts over entire species at times. For example for a long time a demon was in charge of her own personal guard, something her advisors tried to talk her out of because of high class/low class kind of views they held.

I'm sorry if this just made things more confusing. As I said it's not easy to explain with so many different individual parts moving about in the Land but at the same time it all belonging under one name.

Ah, I see! Thanks a bunch for taking the time to type all that out! It made perfect sense, no worries (as a long-time fantasy RPer I know how it can be, trying to set your lore down without accidentally enacting restrictions on creative freedom).
Perhaps I could PM you about my character to avoid clogging the thread? If not, I can sum it up here to the best of my abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back