• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Lamed: You All Meet in a Tavern (still open and still accepting)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"Y-yes." Karry said, startled by the gnomes voice. "I w-won't pretend that t-thought hadn't crossed my mind." In fact it had. Karry didnt like the prospect of glong back there at all. It was a horrible place. But, she thought she might have a plan. "I-I think i have a plan, though. I-Its crude and relies on e-elven stupidity, b-but it should work."

Malanta Malanta ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow Yumiko Yumiko

"Or if you wish, I could simply have a...word with the staff of the establishment" Idam said with a dark chuckle. He wasn't overly surprised by the Gnome's appearance. Their table appeared rather like a beacon to random adventurers.

BackSet BackSet Malanta Malanta Yumiko Yumiko

Denkum was surprised by the gnome coming up to the table. "Well... Uh hello... Adilah nice to meet you, I'm Denkum."
He points to the other two, "That's Karry, and he is..." He stops himself there
He hadn't actually caught the hooded man's name.
He looked over towards him, and smiles awkwardly
"I... uh didn't exactly catch your name, do you mind repeating it for us?"

BackSet BackSet Yumiko Yumiko ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow

Adilah shrugged at the lack of information on the hooded character. Both about what he intended to do and who he himself was. While a part of her said that she should perhaps be concerned, she opted not to start worry until later on. “Well, aren’t you mysterious.” Adilah remarked, drawling out the ‘Well’.

BackSet BackSet Malanta Malanta ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow

With eyes wide and full of wonderment, Kana took in all the sights and sounds of the city. She had never been far from that little dwelling on the edge of the flower fields that she called home, and a world so big and so full of emotions was so new to her. There was some sadness in this town, a sort of somberness she had never known before. It made her uneasy.

And then she saw the tavern. The windows had a soft glow of light, and there was laughter and merriment radiating from it. Maybe one of those happy people would be willing to help her out. She trotted up to the entrance, clutching the straps of her backpack. Peering up, she stopped to read the sign. She couldn't read it, but the lettering looked welcoming enough. Nodding to herself reassuringly, she started to open the door but was stopped short by a guard.

"Aren't ye a bit young to be comin' through here all by yerself?" the guard interrupted skeptically, stopping the door with a hand.

"Oh, are Kitsunes not allowed in here? I am so sorry," Kana apologized timidly. "I know that my master wouldn't let me go some places. He's not mean or anything you know, he's really very kind, but as a pet I know I don't get to do all the same things."

"Certainly they are allowed in here... but... well, that's not what I meant..." the guard tried to explain, flustered that the child had so misinterpreted his meaning. "This ain't exactly a place for kids."

"Well you see, I was just going to ask for some help, and it just seemed like such a nice place, so I would really like to go in. I promise I won't make any trouble. I won't take long either."

"Well... I s'pose it can't do you much harm... by the rules of the place it's a good enough atmosphere. Just be safe. And don't let anyone offer ye any drinks, y'hear?" the guard complied reluctantly, opening the door for the girl. "And don't take too long either."

"Okay! Thank you mister!" With that, Kana stepped through the doorway, into that place filled with noisiness and strange sights. There were so many different types of people, she was so excited to learn about all of them. She spotted a particularly interesting-looking conglomeration of people talking around a table and approached them with a newfound shyness, hoping that one of them would be able to help her out.

"Ah yes, I suppose I did not properly introduce myself. My name is Idam" The Necromancer responded with a polite nod to all present at the table.

"I will take that as a compliment, if it pleases you" He said to the Gnome with slight smirk.

Yumiko Yumiko BackSet BackSet Malanta Malanta

Last edited:
“If that is how you wish to take it.” Adilah said to Idam, “then I suppose it does.” She smoothed her skirt down, and made a small noise of surprise when she noticed a new presence beside her. “Uhm, hello? Little girl?” Adilah wasn’t a fan of children, really.
Pancakee Pancakee ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow BackSet BackSet Malanta Malanta

Having no concept of Gnomes, Kana assumed this woman of short stature who had just spoken must be about her age as well. "Hey, you're little too!" she blurted out innocently. "And my name is Kana," she added.

Karry looked to see who was speaking. Being across the table she was having a but trouble seeing the new comer. However, upon actually managing to catch a glimpse of a Young Kitsune. This made her feel a bit safer, though, really it shouldn't. Karry felt that she should have felt in much more danger, most likely on the childs behalf.

Pancakee Pancakee ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow Malanta Malanta Yumiko Yumiko

Aurora was certain she was lost in the city of Sebtack by now. Night had fallen and it was dripping rain. The torches had been extinguished and her map was damp, leaving her with no way of seeing where she was going. This city was magnificent, but completely unfamiliar to her, so she had no idea if the area was seedy or safe.

She ended up in front of a rustic but well-lit building with a sign that read "No Man's Land." Whatever that meant. But through the windows she could see the silhouettes of people talking and eating and drinking, so it must have been a tavern of some kind. Well, she certainly didn't mind the idea of having a good hot dinner, and something strong to take off the edge of the chilly night.

Before she could enter, a guard stopped her at the door. "You ever been in here before? You know the rules?"

Aurora shook her head, keeping her face neutral.

"Well, this is No Man's Land Tavern, and there's no fighting allowed, and you have to remember that you're no better or worse than anyone else here. You're not allowed to judge people who are rather... different than you."

"Different?" she said mildly, not exactly sure what he meant. She had no idea that there were people of other races such as elves and dwarves inside this place.

"You'll see. Just remember that everyone's equal at the Tavern." The guard gave her one last stern look before opening the door, and she went in.

She did not at all expect to see the crowd of tall and lithe elves, short and stocky dwarves, humans, and.... were those foxlike creatures? These were things Aurora had only read about in ancient mythology.

At first, she just stood there, not knowing what to do or think, but then her brain finally started to work again. Such a wide range of people could surely provide her with information about the gang who kidnapped her son.

The newcomer was a young Kitsune, looking on the group with childish innocence plastered on her face. She wore a plain dress with a backpackon her back. Her smile would have melted the will of even the most stern of individuals.

Except Idam. He sighed and looked away, somewhat eager to begin searching for the missing shipment. It had been sometime since he had engaged in battle, and he always had relished such encounters. He sank back in the chair he had just sat on, and watched the proceedings, with the appearance of being bored, yet his eyes continued to dart around under his hood, watching the various patrons. The drunk's threat, while he was sure it was an empty one, still warranted a certain degree of paranoia. If he had learned one thing during his travels, it was that a suspicious mind was a healthy one.

Malanta Malanta BackSet BackSet Yumiko Yumiko AuroraRogersSkywalker AuroraRogersSkywalker Pancakee Pancakee

Denkum crosses his arms toward the others
"So we know what the gang is right?" and
"I doubt we have anymore friends here other than this table, we still might have to ask around a bit, but we don't know how big Jiyū is, so anyone we might ask could be a part of them."

ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow BackSet BackSet Yumiko Yumiko

“Listen here and listen well, I’m a gnome, we’re all tiny. You’ve still got growing to do.” Adilah wiggled her finger in front of Kana.

"So we know what the gang is right?" Denkum said,
"I doubt we have anymore friends here other than this table, we still might have to ask around a bit, but we don't know how big Jiyū is, so anyone we might ask could be a part of them."
Adilah parted her attention away from the child to respond for a moment. “We’re more likely to find them here than anywhere else really. This is a place of little conflict, so many members of all sorts of things gather here. If we find one we’ll most likely find a few others.” She shrugged, “Or perhaps meet someone who can point us in the right direction.”
BackSet BackSet Malanta Malanta Pancakee Pancakee ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow AuroraRogersSkywalker AuroraRogersSkywalker

"Gnome..? That's a funny word. Well, I woudn't know anything about that," Kana replied, scrunching her eyebrows together in contemplation. When Alidah turned her attention back to the group, Kana figured they were talking about grownup stuff and shouldn't interrupt. However, her efforts to stay quiet were cut short when she noticed Karry. Her ears perked up and her eyes brightened as she pointed and exclaimed, "Hey! You're like me!"

Yumiko Yumiko BackSet BackSet

At first Karry jumped in suprise. Then she smiled. "I am indeed." She said. She got up and walked over to Kana. "My name is Karry." She said, holding her hand out to shake.

Pancakee Pancakee

"Wow! I've never met another Kitsune before. I'm really happy!"
Kana glanced at Karry's outstretched hand in puzzlement. She didn't meet very many new people, so she hadn't adopted such a greeting. However, she didn't want to appear rude, so she mimicked the gesture, sticking her arm directly out in front of her. "My name is Kana! Do you have a master too? My master is very kind. Sometimes, he lets me have pudding. Chocolate is my favorite!"

BackSet BackSet

That was a touchy subject with Karry for obvious reasons. Though, it did please her to learn that not all people were horrible to those they bought. The problem was that Karry wasn't entirely sure how to explain what she'd been throigh to such a small child. Karry looked over at the others, silently pleading with them to help her out.

Malanta Malanta ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow Pancakee Pancakee Yumiko Yumiko

When none of the others responded, Idam looked at the child with a bored expression on his face. She seemed so....out of place in the tavern.

"Where do you come from, child?" He asked softly, for once the icy aura noticeably absent.

Not through any compasion however. He merely wished to avoid frightning the girl, which may draw attention to himself.

BackSet BackSet Malanta Malanta Pancakee Pancakee Yumiko Yumiko

Kana looked to face the person who had addressed her. When she saw the hooded figure looming over her, the hairs of her tail fur stood up. Though he spoke gently to her, he looked like one of the sketchy characters her master had warned her about, and she was unnerved.
"Umm... not to be impolite or anything, but that's none of your business," she murmured timidly, backing up... right into Aurora.

ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow AuroraRogersSkywalker AuroraRogersSkywalker (Come on guys, let's get this rp moving again)

When Aurora came in, she stood in the corner, quietly observing all the people and trying to get a feel for the room before going to the bar to order a drink. When someone mentioned the Jiyū gang, her attention was piqued. They spoke so quietly, she couldn't hear them too well- so she tried to inch closer to the group without being seen. Barging into conversations wasn't her forte, so she hoped to gain more information before interrupting anyone.

She was so intent on listening to the conversation about the gang that she was completely unaware of the Kitsune child who was slowly starting to back up closer to her- and she gasped in surprise when they collided. Having court experience, she wasn't too frazzled and she quickly smoothed out her wine-red skirt. Looking at the small creature, Aurora wasn't quite sure what to think, having never seen one up close before. But she knew it was impolite to stare, so she put on her best court smile and said, "I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there."

Yumiko Yumiko Pancakee Pancakee

Kana began to withdraw as soon as Idam spoke, backing right into another patron. Adilah instinctively reached over to grasp the front of Kana’s dress in case she lost her balance upon impact with the lady. Her arms, being as small and short as the rest of her, uselessy reached. Oh well, at least Kana could keep her balance. “Are you both okay?” She asked. Adilah glanced slightly in Idam’s direction. “Kana, this is Idam. He was simply curious and didn’t mean to upset you.”

Adilah really didn’t know anyone present enough to say that they wouldn’t do such a thing. Judging by first impressions, she didn’t think he would. Besides, was she saying soothing things? What if she made it worse? Adilah was fumbling for how she and her brothers used to comfort each other as children. That worked for them, so maybe Kana would think it was comforting? Adilah didn’t know this stuff.

Speaking of not knowing stuff, who was this new stranger?
BackSet BackSet Pancakee Pancakee AuroraRogersSkywalker AuroraRogersSkywalker ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow Malanta Malanta

Aurora nodded gratefully in Adilah's direction. "Yes, I think we're fine, thank you," she replied, once again trying not to stare at the short woman. If she hadn't known better, she would have thought Adilah fit the description of a gnome- but those were mythological... weren't they? Aurora was so isolated in her life on the manor, she didn't even know until now that non-humans existed in nearby towns.

She also observed the hooded figure in the corner- he must have been the one that the Kitsune had been frightened of. Aurora wasn't quite sure what to think, but he seemed like he wanted to be left alone, so she didn't address him.

Meanwhile, it looked like some of the others in the area were staring at her, so she tried to break the ice by introducing herself. "I'm Aurora," she said with a deep curtsy. "I come from a manor to the north of this town, and I guess you could say I'm on a quest." She wasn't quite sure how much to reveal about her home life and her son and the gang and all that.... but she did need information.

Pancakee Pancakee Yumiko Yumiko ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back