• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Lamed: You All Meet in a Tavern (still open and still accepting)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Mera hummed, thinking. "No, I don't think so. It was so long ago that I- actually, wait, I do remember something. Have any of you got something to write on?"

Nethali pulled out her journal and a piece of charcoal. She'd been planning to write all of this down later anyway. She had an excellent memory - that and a passion for the job were the only real requirements for joining the temple of Oloneira. But even she couldn't remember three years of travel. Nethali flipped to an empty page and passed them to Mera.

"I think one of them was wearing it on a necklace." Mera sketched out some kind of symbol, scratching out a few mistakes as she did. Eventually she held the journal up for them to see. It looked like an open palm, with the little finger folded under the thumb. "I have no idea what it means, but maybe it's a clue."

"Hmm, never seen it before," Nethali said. "Thank you, though, I'm sure that will be very helpful."

ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow

"Wai- Wait" I've seen something like that in the marketplace." He saw it at a general goods store, but he hadn't thought much of it the time.
It looked crude but the shape was kinda similar.
"Do you know anything about who runs the General Goods store here, that's where I saw it."

Turning to Karry when she spoke up
"Six? Hmm... I don't know if we'll need that. However, I'll keep that in mind."

Denkum didn't notice this, but a few wealthier looking folks in the tavern gave him concerned glances.
They looked to someone in another seat, signaling for him to go towards the party.
The man walks over towards the party confidently.
Speaking with a hint of aversion, and a slur.
"Youh folksh are kinda causing a rukish in here, can youh pipe it down, or i'd gladly shut ya up... I donsh think ourh dwarhf friend would like that."
The brute then looks toward the bar maiden giving her a glare, he puts a finger to his mouth, signaling for them to be quiet.

Trompe lOeil Trompe lOeil Kylesar1 Kylesar1 ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow Simply Simply Kenjinx Kenjinx BackSet BackSet

The man was clearly drunk. Either that or just plain stupid. Karry decided to politely tell him that. "Er, sir?" She said politely. "I don't mean to be rude but have you taken leave of your senses?" The man looked very taken aback by that remark. He didn't say anything so Karry continued. "I mean no offense by it, but, I find it hard to believe that any intelligent person would walk up to a group of heavily armed and well trained adventurers looking for a fight. In the no-mans land tavern no less. Where there are people here specifically to prevent fights."

Simply Simply Malanta Malanta Trompe lOeil Trompe lOeil ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Kenjinx Kenjinx

Ah, the little Kitsune had some bite to her.

The man was clearly both drunk and an idiot, but Idam saw no need to speak up, merely redirecting his aura which had been enveloping the adventurers like a blanket. It was redirected at the annoying flea who's eyes bulged as he found hinself unable to move with the ice-cold fear gripping him.

Eyes darting about wildly, he searched for the source of his predicament, finally settling on the black robed necromancer in hiding.

Idam just smiled back serenely in response.

BackSet BackSet Malanta Malanta Simply Simply Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Kenjinx Kenjinx Trompe lOeil Trompe lOeil

Sylvia Eskridge
Tavern

"Hey, can you leave? We're discussing matters far more important than your drinking yourself to death. Go drink in peace and leave us to our business." Sylvia was standing by, listening intently and saying nothing, trying to soak in as much information as possible and this drunkard was messing with this entire thing. "No one here is interested in fighting you." She didn't bother trying to move or anything. There should be security that'll toss him out if he tries something funny.

The large man looked towards Karry, after she lashed out at him
"Maybsh in here, but the world ish a big placsh, beshidsh I wash jush trying to give shume, adventshurers that were in over shere headsh a warnin, that goes to yew tew bar wensh."

The man felt a presence, sinister, dark, and cold.
"Wash is this I feel-"
He looked towards the Necromancer.
"Wash the-?"
His eyes widen in fear, but pays attention to Sylvia who spoke up.
He replies back, sounding a little annoyed.
"It's what your discushing is da problem lass, but I can see ya folksh aren't realleh willin to listen.
I cansth do anyshing here, because I reshpecht that man's rulesh. Onsh you geht into da city, you areh free game
."
He breaks free of the necromancer's stare, whatever it was that held him still.
He walks towards the tavern door, opening it. Before leaving he turns back and says.
"Beshides, you'll have halfsa city after ya."

Denkum perplexed by the events before this.
He looked towards the others to see if that had any answers.
"What should we do?"

BackSet BackSet ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow Trompe lOeil Trompe lOeil @Kylesar Simply Simply Kenjinx Kenjinx

Well that guy was an asshole. Karry certainly didn't like him. And she didn't like the prospect of being hunted again, either. "That... Certainly doesn't bode well." She said. "If what he says is true we're going to need to use the back alleys." Karry wasn't entirely sure the man was lying. It seemed like a strange thing to lie about.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Simply Simply Kenjinx Kenjinx ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow Malanta Malanta Trompe lOeil Trompe lOeil

Half the city after them? That was rather amusing to think about, although he doubted his new companions would agree.

There was the man's reaction upon seeing him to consider. Did he know what he was? It was possible that he at least had an idea. Idam narrowed his eyes at the back of the retreating man, who seemed to speed up slightly.

BackSet BackSet Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Simply Simply Kenjinx Kenjinx Malanta Malanta Trompe lOeil Trompe lOeil

Last edited:
Nethali looked around the table, at the ragtag assortment of adventurers gathered around her. What was she doing here? She only had three years to see the entire continent. Running around the forest would only use up valuable time, time Nethali didn't have. She'd been hoping for something grand, something she could take back to her city with pride. Helping out a tavern was a noble cause, but not one you could sing a song about afterward.

Nethali stood up and smiled at the group of people. She'd done that. Well, some of it. She'd brought some of these people together. That was a good day's work, right? "I'm so sorry, everyone," she said, a little sadly, "I don't think I'll be able to join you on this one. If we ever meet again, tell me how everything went, hmm?" She slid a copper piece across the table to Mera to pay her tab. "It was lovely to meet you all. Best of luck."

Before anyone could talk her out of it, Nethali left the table, then the tavern. There was a lot of world to see, and not a lot of time to do it in.

He looked towards Nethali, she seemed to enthusiastic a few minutes ago.
As she left the door, he felt in his heart that he would never see her again.
Yet he couldn't say goodbye, he held his mouth shut, while staring at the table.

Mera was disappointed as well, her face showing her emotions clearly.
"Well uh- Hmm... You still might be able to do this!"
She smiled brightly toward the adventurers.
"Maybe... you should get going as well!
That man didn't seem like he was lying, So if you beat him out of the city, maybe you can get Drale's shipment back?
Although... you'll need to ask around if you want to know where it is...
"
Clearly she was trying to push them forward.

Denkum looked to the others to see if they were ready move out.

BackSet BackSet ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Karry looked around at the table as the person most likely to hold the group together left. Well, even if one of them was leaving they could still do it. They knew their stuff. Sort of. Karry decided to speak up. "I," she began. "I might know some people who could help." She fiddled with her ring. "If that man was telling the truth."

Malanta Malanta Kylesar1 Kylesar1 ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow Kenjinx Kenjinx Simply Simply

"What is it girl?" Idam asked the Kitsune after she had spoken while fiddling with her ring.

He was slightly disappointed about the Amazon's abrupt departure, as he would have liked the chance to see sone of the girl's naivete get knocked out of her. Yet, it should not make things to difficult.

Malanta Malanta BackSet BackSet Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Simply Simply Kenjinx Kenjinx

Karry wasn't particularly fond of the way the man talked to her. It was kind of scary. "I-I have a n-name you know." Karry said, trying, and failing, to sound courageous and stuff. "A-anyway. When I was in the pet shop, a Gnome b-broke me out. He gave me this r-ring," Karry flashed the ring. "And told me to show it to the right people if I ever needed help."

ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Malanta Malanta Kenjinx Kenjinx Simply Simply

"May I see it?" Idam held out a hand. Breaking into shops did not sound like someting an adventurer would do, therefore it was safe to assume that the ring belonged to a more shady group. As a Necromancer, he had hired some of these groups on numerous occasions. He was able to recognise most of their symbols on sight.

"Erm, okay." Karry said. She didn't trust this man but she put the ring in his hand, eyeing it all the way. The symbol on it was a bird escaping a cage. From what Karry knew, the group woe those who were oppressed. They were like Robin Hood only the money they stole went to themselves.

Denkum was curious about the ring as well, so he curiously inched closer toward the Necromancer.
"The right people if you ever need help?"
Putting his hand up to his chin, Denkum wondered how anyone could help them out of this predicament.
"Are you sure your Gnome friend would have friends in an elf city like this, because if you can think of anyone... that would probably be the first place we should go."

BackSet BackSet Kylesar1 Kylesar1 ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow

Karry thought about this for a moment. She hadnt left the city at all since she was freed so she had come to the conclusion that the gnome had friends in the city. "Well," Karry said. "I haven't left the city since I was freed and the Gnome was here so... Yeah I assume so." She was much more comfortable talking to Denkum than the scary man.

Malanta Malanta ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Idam examined the ring, noting its expert craftsmanship. The symbol of a bird escaping it's cage was not unknown to him, neither was the organisation tied to it. The Jiyū Thieves guild. An odd organisation, they aided those in need, yet had no issue stealing whatever they could find.

He wordlessly handed the ring back to Karry.

Malanta Malanta BackSet BackSet Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Last edited:
Idam's eyes flicked over to the man. "The Jiyū Thieves Guild. I know them only by reputation as experts at their work" He replied. "They typically know everything going on in the city and the land for miles around. Asking them about this strange symbol-" He gestured at the barimaid's drawing. "-is most likely the best course of action"

Karry took the ring from cloak, that's what she was calling him until she found out his name. She warily slipped the ring back on to her fingers, in case he had done sometching too it. "now the question is: where do we find them?" She said. "Because if we show this to the wrong people we might" she gulped. "Get ourselves in a h-heap of trouble."

"Do you perhaps know the location of your Gnomish friend? He may be able to point us in the right direction" Idam asked calmly.

"N-no." Karry said. Then an idea struck her. "B-but, if I g-go back to the p-pet shop, I-I might be able to find the T-Tunnel through which we escaped." There was, of course, one problem with that plan. Karry did not, under any circumstances, want to go back to that pet shop.

Adilah fiddled with her napkin while she shamelessly eavesdropped on the adventurers. Her food had long since disappeared from her plate, but by gods were these people interesting. The most interesting thing of all, though, was their topic of discussion. Secret passages? The Jiyū Thieves guild? Adventure?

The thought of such things made her feel giddy, despite the fact she kept a monotonous expression. Her seemingly gold eyes swept over the table to rest on somebody who’d she had learned to know as ‘Karry’. "N-no." The kitsune said. She seemed to grow pensive as something crossed her mind. "B-but, if I g-go back to the p-pet shop, I-I might be able to find the T-Tunnel through which we escaped."

Adilah could no longer contain her words. The gnome stood up and dragged her chair over to their table with difficulty. She dropped back into the seat and stated simply, “It’d be harder than just that.”

Adilah looked up at the adventurers with the ghost of amusement crossing her face. “A kitsune going back to a shop is strange, typically. You’d need somebody to distract them for as long as possible while you look, as well as someone to accompany you through the passage,” Adilah said evenly. “The shopkeepers there are particularly sharp, and I’m sure they’d be happy to see the kitsune who escaped leading them right to the culprit.”

Smirking slightly, the gnome rested one elbow on the table holding her head with one hand and outstretching the other small hand for a handshake. “Considering you all have jumped in the conversation at random points in time, I figured I too would help. I’m Adilah Brew, and you are now officially stuck with me.”

Malanta Malanta ThePerpetualShadow ThePerpetualShadow BackSet BackSet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back