KoS Jackals in the House of God - What System works best?

Should I create a 5e campaign or a Vanilla RP?

• DnD 5e Please!

• Vanilla RP My Guy!

• I don't care about you or your stupid idea.

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Faceless King

Most Likely Inebriated
Howdy friends! So I've been thinking about creating a campaign on this site for awhile now, and since I'm still pretty new I decided to do some fairly basic research about the site and what it has to offer. After a week of lurking and seeing what people have done already, and what's popular, I've been able to string together something that will hopefully be fun for the participants. Now I do have a question, but before I get to that, here's the premise of the campaign:

The story takes place in a fantasy world of my own invention (with maps on the way) and begins in a country called Fausnia.

Fausnia is a country under a very strict religious order, and the zealots that rule this land are a bunch of fuck-O's with sticks up their bums. The PC's in this campaign will be criminals more or less who have broken some law or disrespected the church in some form, pissing off the zealots in a major way. Now keep in mind, this doesn't mean your character is necessarily a bad person, - though I do encourage scummy chars - because they could have simply been worshiping a different god in public and that would be enough to classify you as a criminal.

Any who, these particular criminals have skill sets considered valuable to the church, and so all the PC's have been gathered together to form a group known as the "Knights of Sin". I'll go into more detail after I create a focus group to see how many people are interested, but for now that's enough info.

Now that you understand the basic premise, I present my question; should this be a DnD 5e campaign or a Vanilla RP (meaning no stats just RP)?

I noticed that Dice RP's seem to be the one of least popular form of RP on this site, and DnD campaigns seem to be especially in short supply. This makes sense to me to some degree, seeing as I can only imagine pulling off a stat and dice based game over a forum is exceedingly difficult. On the other end of that spectrum though, Vanilla Fantasy RP's seems to be quite popular. This campaign would work with either system in my opinion, but I want to see what everyone else thinks. Feel free to use the poll above to vote, and the space bellow to discuss. Thanks.

Last edited:
I realize it wasn't clear what I was asking. Hopefully me highlighting certain parts of my post and changing the title makes it more clear.

I realize it wasn't clear what I was asking. Hopefully me highlighting certain parts of my post and changing the title makes it more clear.
You'll have way more success with a well thought out vanilla rp rather a dice rp mostly because there's no dice roll function on the forum as of yet. Couple that with the fact that dice systems takea lot of learning and you'll find yerself shit out of luck. I learned fate core in one day,but that took time and dedication. So if you love your idea and think it will be successful, make a pitch for a vanilla rp since its easier.

I don't think there's anything inherent in the premise that makes it more or less suitable for a dice RP or a more freeform one.

Just do whatever one appeals to you the most. Vanilla rp's are probably more popular yes but you only need a small, dedicated group to be successful. It's more important that the rp is well executed and that it reflects what you wanna do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back