• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Knights of Checkmate | A DC Comics RP

deadly king deadly king you’re not too late. A character who has trained with the League of Assassins will work, though I ask that they never met Bruce Wayne, who in this setting did train with the League briefly. You can go and head on to the OOC thread where you can make a character sheet.

Top11 Top11 unfortunately Black Adam related characters are not available right now. Let’s just say I have plans for him. Do you have any other character concepts in mind?

If you're still looking for rpers I have a superhero oc (got art for him even but never used it) I could fit into DC, since he's kind of inspired by catwoman, he's a reformed cat burglar, extremely agile and very good at climbing. While entirely human, he was born with a strangely grotesque mutation that is a hairless tail. He hides his tail within one of his pant legs when out and about, but his costume when on a job has a separate compartment for his tail, which helps him balance (falls on his feet), and can be used as another appendage. Might be underpowered for what you're looking for, since he's not really an attacker, more about evading, disorienting, and getting into places that are hard to get into. let me know.

EDIT: Also the eyes on his mask are equipped with night vision lenses, which might not work with the setting since its based in the past, so I could take that out if you think it doesnt fit.

HelloKyle HelloKyle we are still accepting. A reformed cat burglar would actually fit well into this RP. I was actually waiting for someone to make a character who had no powers, as I always intended the Knights to be a mix of regular and powered agents. Plus just being born with an extra appendage that works perfectly is just awesome comic book ridiculousness. So you can head on over to the OOC thread to make a character sheet.

Top11 Top11 when you say Blue Beetle inspired, do you mean like with similar powers or like the whole being bonded to the Scarab from the Reach? If it’s the former that would probably fit the RP, but if it’s the latter it still could work, we would just need to iron out some details via PM.

Also, I will stop accepting new players in five days. After which time players who have already expressed interest will still get a chance to make a character sheet, but I will not allow anyone else to try and join.

Still open for new players until the end of Thursday. If you express interest before then, you will be allowed to make a character sheet. So even if you don’t have a character in mind, but you like the setting, just mention it here and I’ll save you a spot.

Still open for new players until the end of Thursday. If you express interest before then, you will be allowed to make a character sheet. So even if you don’t have a character in mind, but you like the setting, just mention it here and I’ll save you a spot.
Very interested then!!

Kikimura Kikimura glad that you're interested. Do you have a character concept in mind? If so head to the OOC where you can find the character sheet template and fill it out.

Karcen Karcen so straight up Dr. Fate is not available right now. We are playing as original characters in this, and even if you wanted to play an original Dr. Fate, part of his power set is gone, as my character Geist is currently in possession of the Cloak of Destiny. However, if you want to play an original mage, who may or may not have another piece of the Vestments of Fate, that could work. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Karcen Karcen so straight up Dr. Fate is not available right now. We are playing as original characters in this, and even if you wanted to play an original Dr. Fate, part of his power set is gone, as my character Geist is currently in possession of the Cloak of Destiny. However, if you want to play an original mage, who may or may not have another piece of the Vestments of Fate, that could work. If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Well was going with a new fate host mostly focused on the helmet so not the orfinal fate but someone sharing the name much like a lantern. Though the cloak seems mostly defensive item anyways

Karcen Karcen perhaps your character has the Helm of Fate, but doesn't have the other two Vestments of Fate needed to actually become Dr. Fate. Like maybe he's looking for the Amulet of Anubis, and bothering my character to just give him the Cloak of Destiny. Does that make sense to you?

Karcen Karcen perhaps your character has the Helm of Fate, but doesn't have the other two Vestments of Fate needed to actually become Dr. Fate. Like maybe he's looking for the Amulet of Anubis, and bothering my character to just give him the Cloak of Destiny. Does that make sense to you?
Well already wasn't going to have the Cloak so yeah though that is more like full power fate as the helmet houses nabu and that's the main thing. That or just 2 out of 3 of the regalia though still the helmet that matters. If not I would likely oc some cosmic horror in human form

Karcen Karcen so a cosmic horror in human form could be interesting. Perhaps you could tell me a little more about the concept. As for doing an original host for the Spectre, that could work. I actually don’t have any plans for the Spectre right now, so we could integrate it with your character. The only thing is we would need to tone down the power level, as the Spectre gets to ridiculous levels in the comics.

Also for anyone else reading this, today is the last day to express interest in joining this RP. If you mention interest before midnight, I will save you a spot in this RP. So you don’t need a character sheet done, or even a fully formed character concept, just expressing your interest will be enough.

Karcen Karcen so a cosmic horror in human form could be interesting. Perhaps you could tell me a little more about the concept. As for doing an original host for the Spectre, that could work. I actually don’t have any plans for the Spectre right now, so we could integrate it with your character. The only thing is we would need to tone down the power level, as the Spectre gets to ridiculous levels in the comics.

Also for anyone else reading this, today is the last day to express interest in joining this RP. If you mention interest before midnight, I will save you a spot in this RP. So you don’t need a character sheet done, or even a fully formed character concept, just expressing your interest will be enough.
then yeah might go with a weaker spectre keep any messing with things down to the immediate/ local area and such

Alright, it is now Friday and that means that I will be accepting no more new interest in this RP.

deadly king deadly king Top11 Top11 HelloKyle HelloKyle if you guys are still interested you can head over to the OOC thread.

Karcen Karcen you may move ahead with your Spectre idea. Once it’s ready put it in the OOC thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back