Knights Of Aleria

Quinn Davenport

"You make me almost want to
forgive you for the things you've done, Kasch!" She laughed and smiled sadly at the taller man "Sadly my forgiveness is something that cannot be earned while the men that have wronged me still walk the earth. That includes you...but I sincerely hope that after this war you find a way to regain what ever it is you think you have lost...." she furrowed her brows, shifting her attention to something invisible. "Thank you for earlier..." she gritted her teeth as if it hurt her physically to lay down her pride, "you saved my life but do not expect I will be needing saving again once we confront the king, I was just in the wrong attire", she gestured at her tattered clothes.

@HumansArentReal

(hmm, how about she herself visits Pherae to join since he's so eager about our political affairs? :P if not, Ephraim will visit her since his playing the peacemaker here)

@CharmyPie

KASCH REINHARD

"Ah, well I can try." The once royal guard replied, letting his head hang a moment. Eyes flickering to and fro once more. Yet there was a distant twitch of his lips. A slight curve that could've been labelled a smile of sorts. "After this war, I'm afraid I'll no longer serve a purpose. Yet there is one thing I know for sure, and that is IronBridge will fall alongside the crown. I'll be making sure of that." Although Kasch was somewhat taken aback at her thanks. He'd not been expecting it, nor did he know how to react. "You don't have to say anything, Lady Davenport. You were a comrade in need. Not a damsel in distress. I'd never label you as one. Not with a fire such as yours."

@Syra

Quinn Davenport

She blushed at that, not expecting such a comment to come from a man so distinguished in his place as a soldier, "Thank you. You do not know how important those words are to me, Ser Kasch." Wringing her wrists and picking up her stride, she decided she couldn't bare to look in his general direction any longer and proceeded to search for the head guard who could assist Lady Sherin.

@HumansArentReal @ViolntSian

Last edited by a moderator:

Yuvenciel Stravos

"I say he looks old and extremely unattractive", the Elven mercenary said as he caught her blade with his.

@CharmyPie

Federico da Montefeltro

As time went on, the owl finally found it's way to Quinn and the rest of the people. The owl would approach Lady Quinn with the following things:

1. A New Contract:

• Offered to Quinn: Military support upon completion of Contract. Schematics for current and experimental weapons are free.
  • To be offered from Quinn: Nothing for the first 5 years, then a minor tribute to the equivalent of 5 Men
  • Effective Date: Now
  • <Signature and Emblem>

2. Schematics for:

• Leonardo da Vinci's 'Machine Gun' (See CS)
  • Girolamo Savonarola's Noose (Basically Golden Thread that cuts very easily)

3. A note:

• "A pact not signed is a pact not made."

At the same time, the wheel finally came back, but The Montefeltro decided to wait for his carrier.

Direct Contact:

@Syra

In presence of Direct Contact:

@HumansArentReal

KASCH REINHARD

"I'm glad then." He said, walking in little silence beside her. Till she sped up, having Kasch wander out of step slightly behind her. In all honesty, Reinhard didn't have much experience with social interaction outside of polite conversations about the weather and contracts to murder. Or perhaps giving orders. So in all honesty, this snippet of life outside of that was... refreshing. Yet Kasch being Kasch, didn't understand the reason for her cheeks to redden. A clueless man indeed.

@Syra

(@CharmyPie just meet me while I'm on my way. Premature wacky adventures.)

Yund Gelram

"My Highness."

A voice, then a knock. Yund only briefly glanced at the woman at his door and back, returning to sort out his paperwork. He made no indication for her to continue, but she went ahead, anyway. "A letter from House Pherae has arrived. Lord Ephiraim requests your Majesty's presence." At that, the king's eyebrows furrowed slightly - what matters were there to sort out?

While the Dwarven Kingdom and Vailyn were close in land, their contact dimished ever since Horris Vayne had taken the throne. The rumours surrounding the new ruler were very sickening, indeed, and several of Yund's advisors outright refused to sign any trade agreements with the humans unless the madman was taken off the throne.

"What does Pherae want? I believe we have already told them our opinion regarding trade", the male dwarf said absentmindedly, signing another paper without even glancing at it. "In light of recent human political affairs, there are certain things that I wish to speak of", the messenger read aloud, "I would not be surprised if it was about their new king, my Highness." "And why would it concern the Dwarves?" "I believe it would be smart to indulge the Lord, sir. The Council agrees."

His eyes met hers. "You have shown them the letter?" The woman only nodded, and he sighed in return. "Fine. Tell the Council they can do my paperwork if they want to send me off so badly. And please send someone to prepare the journey. I want to be there as fast as possible." He waved her off when she didn't leave her spot. "You are dismissed. Take the letter with you."

Quinn Davenport

As she spoke to the guards of Lady Sherin's predicament, they paled and rushed to their Lady's side near the gates of the castle where many more casualties were being treated. Some of the townsfolk who spotted the Quinn offered her a change of clothes and a place to get clean but she insisted that they focus their efforts on those who were badly wounded. The truth was she wanted to stay dirty a little while longer, it reminded her of the events that had transpired.

Later, as she watched the panic and the fighting die down. An owl came to her with a proposition from no other than Federico de Montefeltro.

It seemed too good to be true. It must be a lie.

She frowned upon its inspection, did he think her this poor? or was he actually a generous soul?

It did not sit right with the blood soaked woman.

@Eldecrok @HumansArentReal

KASCH REINHARD

Seeing Lady Davenport receive a message by owl, a frown darkening her brow, Kasch crept up behind her; peering over at the letters contents. Curious, yet the investigation into the piece of paper she held was silent, apart from the shift of his hair, which had been previously held back by his hood and cowl.

Yet glancing over it, he for one cocked a brow. An odd proposition.

@Syra

Quinn Davenport

Deep in thought, she did not realize it was Kasch that had crept up behind her. Unfamiliar with the presence, she moved to hit him in reflex.

(On a scale of 1 to 10, how filler is this? HAHAHAH! I just want to see his reaction!)

@HumansArentReal

KASCH REINHARD

Kasch caught the wrist, inches from his face, to continue reading over the document. Then glancing towards her palm with a roll of his eyes, "Would you calm down, I can't read if you keep moving about." He scowled, although a few moments passed before he realised he still clutched her hand. Sheepishly allowing it to fall.

(This is genuine quality roleplay, I'm tellin' you.)

@Syra

Quinn Davenport

She pouted and shoved the document at his face. "I am calm. Has no one bothered to educated you on a term called personal space, Ser Kasch? Its rude to be this close to a lady's shoulder, you know?". She handed him the document, allowing him to finish it while she rubbed at her blood crusted nails.

(I swear this small talk is going to be the death of me)

@HumansArentReal

KASCH REINHARD

The assassin gave her a lazy look. "Oh, so now you'd like to be a lady? Tell me again when you're not caked in blood, and possible men's entrails." Nonetheless, he gratefully took the document, glancing it over. "And personal space isn't really at the forefront of my mind. I don't have much of a concept." He replied, till passing the letter back. "One thing for sure, the Merchant seemed shifty to me. Something about the eyes. Although I'm told I can be paranoid."

(oh well. We can always braid each other's hair.

So well thought out.

Much description

Very roleplay
)

@Syra

Quinn Davenport

"Just blood. I am still a Lady of Davenport despite my oh so very attractive appearance", she exclaimed whilst cleaning her father's sword on the hem of her skirt. "That is his re-visioned proposal, I had plans of storming Castle Eastoft prior to this blood bath. It was a very tempting offer but since its greatest general and head of house is dead, its vassals would question Loras' capacity to lead them past this war. If I can somehow get into one of the council's war meetings, I will be able to present myself as a more capable leader of the Crossing."

She furrowed her brows at this and looked at the assassin standing before her. "That is--if you keep quiet about my part in Lord Eastoft's downfall."

(My hair is too short for that hahaha. Hide yo kids and hide yo wives. Quinn be shooting arrows thru all of then 2nyt)

@HumansArentReal

KASCH REINHARD

Kasch somewhat snorted with amusement, till he took a step back. Surprised a the noise he'd emitted. "Yes, well, I can see how many suitors you have." He replied, clearing his throat. Reinhard didn't laugh, and most certainly it wasn't at such a half mulled joke about appearance.

Although ashamedly, he did find it rather humorous.

Straightening his expression, the assassin shrugged. "Not my business. You have direct ties to the place, It's certainly a consideration they'd have to make. Yet, on the other hand, my Lady Davenport, you shouldn't be too harsh on House Eastoft. They've already fallen considerably. But you have a point, and you have a persuasive argument. Although, as I stated, none of my business to spread around gossip. None of my business to sell secrets either."

(Gosh darn.)

@Syra

Quinn Davenport

She raised her brow at his words, finding it rather cute that he felt obligated to explain himself rather than just say: No, I won't tell. "You forget that this house you feel as though deserves no more of my interference almost dried out an entire bloodline of Alstons. Me and Ethan are the only ones left. We were many, Ser Kasch. If you recall one of my brothers died by your blade but I no longer feel like burdening you with the blame. Lord Eastoft's family will pay, it will start with him and it will end with his daughter, Lyra." She looked so confident in stating this, it was as if she was reciting a verse that she had memorized for a long time.

(Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.)

@HumansArentReal

Federico da Montefeltro's Owl

The Owl waited with anticipation for her to deliver something back, or at least shoo him off to let him know when to leave. Tilting his head to the side he stopped flapping his wings and landed on the ground, looking up as if saying 'Give me an order.' The Owl hoots loudly as well, making it the focus of the moment.

@Syra @HumansArentReal

CharmyPie said:
Yna looked at her worriedly. She didn't want to be a burden.
"I don't want you to buy things for me. Please, we don't need to…" she sighed.
"I'm going to get you new clothes, and that's final." Erina puts her foot down to emphasis it. "Besides, I don't want you to get a cold in those wet clothes."

KASCH REINHARD

"And did his children, kill your siblings and family? Are they held responsible for the misdeeds of their name?" Kasch remarked, as soon as she came to the end of her speech. "I hold the blame for your brother's death. No one else. Tell me, Lady Davenport, how old is Lyra? How old are his children now? The same age as Ethan? Younger?" Reinhard let out a heavy sigh. "I understand revenge, better than anyone else. Yet what comes alongside unnecessary revenge, is the way heroines become the villains. If they decide to come after you, cut them down. If you feel the hatred has been passed down, pick out the blackhearted. Show them mercy. At least the youngest of his sons and daughters."

(Assassin giving life advice)

@Syra

Quinn Davenport

"I will not be accepting a speech like that from you and I do not need to justify myself." Quinn said as she quickly wrote a letter of apology to Ser Federico, expressing her genuine relief of his safety from the situation. "If it was up to their family, I would not be here today. I would've died--left forgotten in the snow, buried in an unmarked grave and my legacy desecrated by my enemies. I survived because you let me get away. Only your mercy is what saves you from the depth of your sins. Not even their whole family can pay for what I have lost." She handed the letter to the owl and looked back at Kasch.

"If you understand then why do you stop me? You know how it feels then why must you rob me of this?", She clenched her fists and and stared at her feet, willing herself not to cry. She hated crying, it made her feel vulnerable and week.
Stupid, Kasch.

(y u never side with me?! ;- ;)

@HumansArentReal

Federico da Montefeltro

The Owl took the letter of apology for the denial of the contract and went to deliver it. Meanwhile, The Montefeltro was going back to the city, splitting his forces again to leave 20 with the cart and 5 with him. Paying entry to the city, he would begin to search for Quinn and the rest of the nobles who were in the palace earlier.

"Sir Montefeltro! The owl!" Shouted one of the men, as the somewhat bloodied owl came to delivery the letter of apology. At first there was a panic amongst the six men, but once The Montefeltro read the letter, he made haste to her location lead by his owl, as she was the only one he really knew of that could track down the rest of the members of the court. The king will be overthrown, because his town needs every cent it can get.

(He hasn't arrived, just getting there.)

When he actually does get there, the owl would be given a rat and flies off.

@Syra @HumansArentReal

KASCH REINHARD

"Then show me my mercy meant something. Because those screams, or cries-- the begging, will never leave. Not for a moment. Yet if you feel that this revenge can be taken, and it can be used for a greater good of your existence, then do it. I can't stop you." However, in that moment she hung her head, Kasch did the manly thing of anxiously ducking to see her face. He couldn't deal with his own emotions, let alone a woman crying.

"Because I don't want you to ever experience what I have. It's a... unintelligent form of protecting others I seem to be developing." He exasperatedly remarked. Muttering something along the lines of 'hating habits'

(Becus he is smol)

@Syra

Quinn Davenport

She wiped at her face, laughing at the way he tried to phrase his words. Being stern one moment then being so thoughtful the next, an assassin who was not aware how much of a heart he actually possessed. She reached out to tug at his cheek, giving him a small smile. "Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that means you care about me, good Ser", she let go of him and let her hands fall to her side. Her feet were finally starting to feel cold, it was almost time for her to leave in search for her men.

(super smol ;w;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back