• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Kings and Queens (Plot Idea, open to more ideas)

Hi.

To get things out of the way, I have not roleplayed in approximately...well, a really long time. In addition, I can realistically mostly only respond on the weekdays. I am in my late 20s and hope you are at the very least older than 18. Don’t worry, I intend to follow the site’s TOS, but it is a personal preference. If that is acceptable to you then, please continue.

I have a new plot I want to play with right now, and a short introduction story is below. I have three characters sort of developed for it right now, but I am willing to add, remove, change any character. Really, I'm not committed to anything in the story except the general concept of it.

I am also open to your plots. I like fantasy in general, but specifically I love stories of royal power-grabs, medieval fantasies, and stories with shapeshifters and fairies. I am willing to play characters of any gender and prefer stories with multiple characters.

If that sounds good to you, please message me with what kind of story you are interested in playing, and anything else you think I should know about you.

They arrived just short of sunset—two weary, cloaked figures with their horses close behind them. One looked like a foreigner, with her pale face, light eyes, and bright hair, though she spoke like a woman plucked from the heart of the capital. Her hair was neatly plaited, and she wore a simple tunic and trousers. Most curiously, a short sword had been on her person, but on the persuasion of her companion, she had given it to the guard. Her companion was dressed similarly with the exception of her veil. It was not a veil of the common fashion which typically covered only the head, or for the most modest, the head and neck. Rather, it covered her entire face except for her eyes. In the kingdom, it was a style mostly only worn by the Virgins of Santi. That would also explain the sword on the first woman. Only the Temple of Santi hired women as soldiers and guards on the grounds that only women could enter the temple.

A voice spoke from behind the veil. “Lord Bernard, I know it is strange for two unaccompanied women to request a private conversation with you so suddenly and unannounced…”

A private conversation. He interrupted her, looking the guard, “James, please take their horses to the stable.” He walked toward the great doors of his home motioning for the two to follow. The air felt heavier as he led them inside. He had been wondering why the temple would send two women to him, but her words cleared his mind, and all at once he knew who she was. Upon leading them to a private room, he closed the door behind him, and bowed in front of his guests, “Your Royal Highness.”

The veiled woman almost stepped back. “I guess my intentions are not as clever as I suppose them to be.” Her head turned away, and she sighed, but quickly spoke again, “Then if cleverness is not to be an advantage, then perhaps, time.”

She looked at him again, the dark eyes steady and determined. “I was content to stay under the protection of the temple and let my late uncle rule for even though he is not benevolent, neither is he malicious. I am afraid I cannot say the same for my cousin...our king. However, his recent actions are atrocious, and I cannot simply stand by. I am a king’s daughter still, even if I have taken temple vows.”

Again, the lord’s mind began to unfurl more of the mystery, but she spoke again before he could comment. “I want to challenge my cousin, but I know neither the nobles nor the people will let a forever childless queen sit on the throne. However, you are well-loved by the kingdom, one of the greatest generals in our history, and already have a son of your own. I have heard that you have had no intent to remarry after your wife’s passing, but I hope you will make an exception.”

A long silence, and then the other woman spoke. “She is proposing to you, if that’s not clear. How would you like to be king?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back