• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings King of Hearts--RP Idea Among Others :)

Satanic Nightjar

reach for the stars and don't settle for the moon
Hey, everybody, hope you're all having an excellent day. You can call me Ash, and as you may have guessed, I'm looking for someone to roleplay with:)

What am I looking for?

Basics - The genre I'm hoping to write is a tragic romance; not love at first sight or some cheesy love story. I would enjoy having other components rather than just the romance as a central idea, but I'm up for anything my partner is and am completely open to suggestions. If you have a roleplay that is at least partially related to one of my ideas, feel free to PM me with your thoughts.

Writing Expectations - I'm looking for a fairly committed writer who is willing to write, at minimum, a paragraph per response. With that said, I also don't appreciate extremely long messages, especially without good reason. It's acceptable only if it greatly advances the plot and improves the overall story rather than just being excessive writing. I would like to roleplay with someone who pays attention to grammar, at least enough to be understandable. The occasional mistake is fine, just as long as it doesn't become a habit. Additionally, I love roleplays that are extremely detailed and intricate, with very deep characters and "real" settings.

Response Times - I expect my writing partner to come up with a response once a day on average. I understand if you're not able to do this constantly, life gets in the way sometimes, but typically I want you to be able to reply daily. It isn't a requirement, just a preference.

Communication/OOC - I want my partner to plan ahead with our story, if they want to have input in where it goes. I don't usually have fun with "blind" RP, though the occasional surprise is perfectly welcome. As for OOC and just playful chatting, I love to have interesting conversations outside of the RP and I'm happy to get to know you. I'd prefer to chat on Discord if that's available to you, and use RPNation mainly for RPing and planning.

If you are unable to meet any of these requirements, contact me and we'll see if it's negotiable :)

Roleplay Options & Ideas
OPTION #1:
Title: 7 Months
Genre: Romance (Realistic/Modern)

Story: Phoenix Clearwater has been diagnosed with a form untreatable cancer, and is told he has seven months to live. He is devastated, and spends his monotonous sunrises and sunsets in denial, escaping into restless sleep more and more often. The thought that one day he may not wake up is terrifying and unbelievable. All of his previous friendships fall to ruins as his mental state deteriorates. Suddenly, he finds himself alone, until he meets Brooklyn, a girl in the hospital who is suffering from a heart condition that may prove fatal at any moment. She's the only person in his world that can truly comprehend the pain he feels, and manages it gracefully, compassionately. He finds himself growing more and more attached to her bright smiles and open heart . . . but is it right to fall in love knowing it can never last, that they were never meant to be together?
Roles: Obviously me and my partner will be roleplaying as Phoenix and Brooklyn, and while I would prefer to be Phoenix, I am flexible on that and am okay taking the part of Brooklyn if my partner is uncomfortable with her character.

OPTION #2:
Title: King Of Hearts
Genre: Fantasy/romance
Story: The kingdom of Arcanis has fallen into civil war. The different races, that have for many years peacefully coexisted with the occasional but expected tensions, have finally been pushed over the edge. Relations between the Ancients (Elves, Dwarves, Humans) and the Hollows (Elementals, Spirits, and Shadows), and among themselves, have become strained. Several years of threats and chaos have inevitably evolved into more serious problems. The Elves, Elementals, and Spirits have formed an unlikely alliance against the Dwarves and Shadows, who despite being outnumbered possess the one power that everyone desires--the ability to raise the dead. Humans are caught in the uncomfortable middle ground, but there are rumors of them forming an alliance with an unknown power . . . . Through war and sacrifice, many friendships are created and lost, and only the strongest will come out of the darkness with their sanity.
Roles: I was hoping to follow a group of rebels, belonging to either side but preferably the Dwarf/Shadow people. I am completely open to changing this and it's certainly not final :)

OPTION #3:
Title: Masked
Genre: Mystery/Friendship/Romance

Story: Ashley Freeman is 16 years old, socially awkward, and virtually friendless. When each long, uneventful day comes to a close, she spends her free hours online, talking to the only people with whom she can be herself. August, Brandon, and Isabella. They welcome her for who she is and often speak of their similar issues. Ashley finds herself growing more and more distant from the real world as she becomes closer and closer to these online friends, especially Brandon . . . until one day, he stops replying. For weeks on end, not a single word, and his absence is destroying her. Her friends insist that he was never worth her trust to begin with, but she knows he would never willingly leave without warning. She feels helpless, but is determined to discover the truth about what happened to him. Then, she reads a headline on the news, and after months of searching, she finally has a lead. Gathering all of her courage along with her best "real" friend, Hannah, she makes a decision that will change her life forever.
Roles: I think we could either take turns with Ashley, or one of us could act her and the other her friend(s). Hannah will be a pretty major character fairly early on, so that'll be an option. :)

OPTION #3:
Title: Unknown
Genre: Mystery, possibly romance subplot

Story: This will be some sort of murder mystery, involving the murder of a man and his wife and son investigating it; not as well thought out as the other ones, I know, but we'll see if anyone's interested.
Roles: ?

Feel free to message me with your ideas, I'm happy to hear them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back