• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings "Kids on bikes" genre interest check

theoscout

Note: This is about the genre, not the tabletop game.

This is the kids on bikes genre! You don't have to read the whole thing, but it does list examples of what is considered within the genre, so you have something you can something to compare it to. There's also a TTRPG also called kids on bikes, a homage to that genre.

I'll roughly define the kids on bikes genre as a story where a group of usually young people go exploring and mystery solving and run into frightening situations but don't have too nasty consequences due to the genre being more family friendly. There's a big emphasis on exploration and discovery, so the setting is usually during a time before the internet was in wide use, such as the 80s or 90s, so characters don't just pull out a phone and search whatever. If it IS during the modern times, then the mystery tends to be so obscure that physically getting close is the only way to learn more.

I'm checking for interest into this genre of roleplay. I think that exploring fantasy worlds and solving mysteries is one of the greatest appeals of roleplaying to me, as solving mysteries in real life is something impractical to do for various reasons, but it's truly satisfying when one is solved. Also, because everyone is familiar with the setting due to it being not that far away from our time, so there isn't as much anxiety when trying to assimilate with the world in a meaningful way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back