• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kaizoic: Earth Reborn

“Yeah. Sorry.” He answered. Shaking his head slightly to snap out of it. He didn’t even notice that the robed figure was staring back at him until Cräga pointed it out.

“Don’t know. The guy just seems kind of off. If that makes sense.”

"Well don't pick any fights just yet, kid. We need cash to pay the doctor." Rufus joked. "So in the morning, we need to be in Drafisl when the shops open.
I hear some of the owners need couriers to drop off cargo and crap. You can cover those gigs, and I'll dig around for information we can use on the area." He explained, but his face shifted into one of pondering once he was done.
"Unless you'd rather be the bookworm, I remember that you were the curious type."

Kairo let out a light chuckle at that. The curious type was a pretty drastic understatement, and Rufus probably knew that.
“I mean. If you’re up to doing boring labour work.”

"After running from dinosaurs and getting pulled underground . . . I could use some boring." He admitted, sneaking a glance at Cräga who was knelt down to pick up another barrel of mead.

Kairo gave him a light nod. “Okay then we got ourselves a dea-“ he was abruptly cut off, his eyebrows scrunching up a bit as he noticed the quick glance Rufus had given Cräga. It only lasted a split second, but that was enough for Kairo to realize where this was going.
“Don’t tell me you’re gonna try and hit on her.”

"Hit is such an ugly word." Rufus relaxed in the chair. "I'll charm her." He winked as Cräga stood back up.
"You got a minute, darlin?" He smiled.

Cräga cocked a brow at him.
"Not interested." She said, seeing through his guise.

"Whoa whoa, who said I'm trying to get something?" Rufus raised both his hands. "Maybe I'm trying to make conversation since we're the only fellas at the bar?"

At the corner of his eye, Kairo would see the robed individual lift his head from the platter of food, clearly looking at Rufus.

"And what would we talk about?" She leaned over the counter, propping her chin up with her hand.

"Anything really. I'm a chatty guy." He leaned back in the chair, folding an arm over the back.

"You said you were traders out West?" She asked.

"Yes, ma'am. Got stuck lost and on foot on a wrecked caravan. Bad business, that was." He shook his head.

"Funny. Because your friend here said something about a fishing village northwest."

Rufus turned his head to look at Kairo, his smile plastic. "Did he now? Must've been talking about his hometown."

"Maybe." Cräga shrugged.

Rufus seized the oppurtunity to lean back forward, closer to the woman.
"He's a bit twitchy around pretty women, you know. Can't help it."

The robed figure was now staring at Rufus, his sleeved hands holding the sides of the table.

"I figured as much." Cräga smiled. "Funny thing I noticed about what he said though."

"I'm all ears, darlin." Rufus winked.

"There is no fishing northwest." She fluttered her eyelashes with an admittedly lovely grin.

"Come again?" Rufus cleared his throat. "Oh, you see-"

His explanation wax cut short when Cräga gripped his hair and slammed his face into the countertop.
"I SEE a pair of liars who are trying to cover their asses." The ebony-haired woman spat. "I'm a bit more honest so I'll be blunt." She applied pressure on her hand. "You come at me with that cocky flirt kársh again, and I will knock that smile into a necklace of teeth you can pawn for drinks."

A few of the other humans were laughing at Rufus's position, as were a few of the Archos. Clearly Cräga had a reputation.
The failed flirt groaned as his nose was scrunched against the wood.
"Most definitely noted, ma'am." He muffled under her hand before she released him.

By the window, the robed man settled back into his seat. Cräga glanced at Kairo.
"Anything you want to add?"

Kairo watched in absolute horror as Rufus was abruptly slammed into the table. He knew that things wouldn’t turn out well for the guy the moment he walked up to Cräga. But the amount of bad that this turned out to be was beyond his imagination. The fact that he was mostly responsible for Cräga cracking the lie made him want to hide in the bathroom and never come out.

The fear heightened as Cräga directed her attention upon him. His heart seemed to beat at a thousands miles a minute as he tried to stammer a response. “Nope! Not at all! I hear you loud and clear.” He seethed, his hands gripping the seat of the stool.

"Good." Cräga nodded and wiped the counter where Rufus's face was.
Once she finished, she disappeared below the bar and returned with two small glasses and a wooden container of what could be assumed to be alcohol. Then she set down a bowl of dried fruits.

"This is because I could tell you were honest about Bom sending you here." She said blankly. "Don't make a mess or I'll be less courteous."

He looked down at the food and drink set down before him' rather surprised Cräga still had it in her to provide them with this. It wasn't anywhere near a completely proper meal, but for free, this definitely did nicely. He secretly noted to leave more of the alcohol for Rufus, especially after what just happened.

Speaking of that, he now knew there was a hidden side to Cräga. One he wouldn't ever want to mess with. Her zero-shit demeanour was one thing. But the intimidation from the stunt she just pulled off rivalled that of the tyravi. Even when she was calm, it still spread a small pang of fear in Kairo's heart.
"Thank you." He answered.

"You're welcome." She nodded, and returned to her bartending.

Rufus poured himself a glass of whatever was in the bottle. It glistened like water but had a faint blue hue to it.
"Fishing village, huh?" He spoke with his hand cupping his nose.

Kairo sighed, looking at Rufus apologetically.
“I’m sorry man. It’s hard for me to think straight with her.” He added, keeping his tone low as to not provoke Cräga.
“Don’t know if it’s because she’s scary or if it’s because she’s hot.”

"We both made the same fuckup." Rufus gulped down the drink, and grimaced.
"Wooo, that's got bite. Anyway," he faced Kairo and pointed between his legs. "We started thinking with those parts." His finger was redirected to his head. "We ought to be thinking witn these parts.

So, no more making shit up on the spot. Bom found us and sent us here. That's all we tell people."

Kairo seemed hesitant to agree. All these people in the bar were already suspicious of the two, and he wasn’t completely sure how long they’d be able to keep the full truth hidden for. In fact, he wasn’t sure if he wanted to keep this a secret in the first place.

He poured himself a bit of the liquid, swirling it around in the wooden cup.
“And what would we do when people start asking for more?” He added apprehensively, finally taking a gulp of the beverage.

"Tell them partial truth. We got caught by those Tyravi things while on a 'wagon' back to our settlement." Rufus poured another drink. "Nothing about the Noah. Nothing about where . . . Or when . . . We come from."

Kairo looked back at the others at the inn. Most of them had already moved on from Cräga’s display, though a few of them seemed to take a few occasional glances back at the two. It was a rather normal scene, but Kairo still couldn’t help but feel a bit cautious. It was inevitable that they would be found out by someone in this world. And the burden of carrying something like that hidden would definitely take it’s toll. He debated the possibility of making their heritage known, and to his surprise, he didn’t seem to be that against it. How bad would it be if they started integrating the two societies earlier? It sounded much worse if the Noah was to be found unintentionally.

“I can do that.” He said, grabbing a piece of a dried, purple fruit. “But someone’s gonna figure it out eventually. I’d rather have that moment happen because of our choice. Not like.” He pointed back at the table Rufus’s head had just been slammed into. “That.”

Last edited:
"Well that was just her calling me out on out bullshit." Rufus popped one of the fruits in his mouth. "You gotta realize that we don't know who all is around. Folk from what these people consider 'prehistory' I bet may not be seen too positively." He chewed as he spoke. "So until we know for sure we won't be seen as a threat, we keep it to ourselves."

Kairo gave him a light nod. He knew that Rufus’s plan was in their best interest. And he trusted the man enough to go along with it.

He plopped the fruit in his mouth, covering his mouth with his hands as he spoke.
“Kinda feels like we’re foreign spy’s or something.” He joked.

Rufus laughed.
"Nah . . . Just foreign." He raised his glass.
"Not too ceremonious, but hell . . . Here's to making it this far."

Kairo smiled, pouring more of the alcohol into his glass.
"I mean, we gotta make do with what we have." He raised his glass.
"Cheer's."

It didn't take long for Kairo to down the drink. It was a strong brew, and the burning feeling that came with it dizzied his mind. A small grimace appeared on his face as he shook off the effects of the alcohol. It soothed his mind, and even with the noise and ruckus filling the space around him, he found himself feeling relaxed in the first time since landing at camp. Right now, all that mattered was what laid in front of him, the drink he was sharing with his friend, and the loud atmosphere off the inn.

This was the stuff that deserved a second drink.

"I've got one more." He said, filling up both his and Rufus's glass. He slid Rufus' glass to him, before raising his up one last time. "Here's too many more years...and drinks, to come."

"Not too many. Then it's a problem." Rufus chuckled, clinking his cup against Kairo's before downing his drink.
"Tastes kind of sweet." He commented, smacking his lips.

Their cloaked neighbor had finished his plate, and brought his plate back to the counter where Cräga collected it with a small nod and smile.
His response was a nod himself, and a quick glance at the two humans before returning to the staircase.

Cräga said something in a different language, and the cloth-heavy man turned slighty.
Cräga tossed a bag to him, and he caught it in his sleeve, revealing briefly a glimpse of black claws.
A familiar purple berry fell and bounced to Rufus's boots as the stranger ascended the stairs casually.

Kairo chugged the drink, emptying the glass in a matter of seconds.

Setting the glass on the table, he noticed something moving at the bottom of the stools legs. His interest peaked, he looked down to get a closer look at the object. And to his surprise, the purple berry he found on the floor looked oddly familiar. Where the hell did he last see it? He racked his brain trying to find the answer.

The CRITTERS!

“Shit!” He exclaimed. His eyes widening almost comically. The Guest has fed the same berries to the critters just a week ago. And the man clad in the robe looked similar in height to the Guest. That seemed to improbable to be a coincidence.

Kairo turned, discreetly looking at the table the robed man was, only to find that he had disappeared. Turning back quickly, he looked over at Rufus. Nudging his shoulder.
“That robed guy.” He whispered. “I think he might be the Guest.”

He took a quick glance back, gauging if anyone was listening into the conversation.
“The berry by your foot, I remember him feeding them to the critters. Plus they look like they’re the same height.”

Last edited:
Rufus cocked a brow and glanced upward at their neighbor's door now shutting.

"You sure? He didn't seem as snarly and wanna-kill-me as the Guest."

"Remember what Bom told us about him? That he was some kind of an outcast?" He added, looking back at the large groups of people still gathered at the inn.
"I think he'd have an incentive not to cause a scene here."

Kairo raised his eyebrow. Rufus did bring up a good point. Kairo was way too caught up in his revelation to realize what to even do with that piece of information.
He sat there, silent as he tried to think of an answer Rufus.
"I mean. I guess it mean's we got to be more cautious." He says after a long pause. "Someone else here know's who we really are. And who knows who he could tell?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back