Other k so like..

buttermyeggroll

Just A Lifeless Author
So, I have this little problem and it's called social anxiety, I often question myself what I am doing on a site like this because of it but y'know, I like writing and stuff so I at least try. I really wish I could be a better writer, drawer, etc.. and share this stuff with others however, i'm too shy to do that even outside of RPN or any other social media like thing but I really want to. I've been on this site for roughly around 2 years now and you would think that my inbox is always full or that I have lots of followers but no. I don't even want that many followers anyways lmao I actually spent forever with only one RP partner because I was scared about what others on here might think because even though RPN is pretty accepting i've seen some folks who are pretty picky about how their partner writes and that's really nerve wracking for me because i'm still a one liner but i've gotten pretty good over the years. I would like to find people who will accept me no matter what and actually stick to our RPS cuz it's kind of annoying when you are ignored. If somebody is offline, that's all fine and dandy with me i'm talking about something else. I don't know I just needed to get this off my chest, that's all.

I'm approaching five years on this site (can't believe the time has gone by so quickly) and I'm in the same exact boat. I've had two regular, wonderful RP partners, but finding anyone else is daunting. Trying to plot with someone and develop a character gives me a great deal of anxiety because I'm always worried about directing too much or not enough or taking up too much space or being too boring or unrealistic, etc... the list goes on.

I'm approaching five years on this site (can't believe the time has gone by so quickly) and I'm in the same exact boat. I've had two regular, wonderful RP partners, but finding anyone else is daunting. Trying to plot with someone and develop a character gives me a great deal of anxiety because I'm always worried about directing too much or not enough or taking up too much space or being too boring or unrealistic, etc... the list goes on.
I'm so happy someone understands, we should chat sometime.

I also have social anxiety (which is exactly why I do mostly 1x1 instead of group RPs, I just get too anxious) and I've been on this site for, about, three years (this is a new profile, I let my old one crash and burn) and I'm in a similar situation. I'm also easing back into RPing after a while of not RPing at all. I have no advice but, basically, I get where you're coming from. xD

I'm in the same boat, though I'm slowly being able to rp with moee than one person ovrr the last year or so. I too have one rp buddy( been my best friend and rp buddy for 10+ years) and honestly I just didn't feel like wanting another rp buddy bc it mafr me feel like I was replacing my old rp buddy ya know? But I totally understand where you're coming from(:

I'm in the same boat, though I'm slowly being able to rp with moee than one person ovrr the last year or so. I too have one rp buddy( been my best friend and rp buddy for 10+ years) and honestly I just didn't feel like wanting another rp buddy bc it mafr me feel like I was replacing my old rp buddy ya know? But I totally understand where you're coming from(:
Thank you for understanding. This is weird but.. Ever since I posted this thread i've actually put myself out there more on RPN and in real life.

Thank you for understanding. This is weird but.. Ever since I posted this thread i've actually put myself out there more on RPN and in real life.

I'm glad I'm not alone with that feeling. I seriously thought I was the only one who felt that way till I read this and honestly its a relief to me, knowing that I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I'm glad I'm not alone with that feeling. I seriously thought I was the only one who felt that way till I read this and honestly its a relief to me, knowing that I'm not the only one who feels this way.
You're not alone, trust me. It is always good to know that someone has something in common with you even if its kinda sad.

You're not alone, trust me. It is always good to know that someone has something in common with you even if its kinda sad.

You think that you're alone but then you find others that understand and it just kinda makes you feel better in a way? And you know you arent dealing with it alone.

You think that you're alone but then you find others that understand and it just kinda makes you feel better in a way? And you know you arent dealing with it alone.
Basically, and it can be a nice feeling. Anyways, it was nice meeting you. If you wanna chat sometime I'm on RPN often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back