• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

JUST WRITE STUFF (Azuria&Wixed)

Azuria

in progress
I took my usual route from home to school, each step taking my a little closer. The roads were always busy. Cars filled the lanes, honking at each other whenever the lights turned red. I never liked the noise, so I would put on my earbuds and listen to my ipod. There wasn’t really much to look at, apart from the many houses and stores. It was such an eyesore.

Gentle snowfall settled over the town, a thin blanket. The glue that held Monday mornings together. My shoes crunched through the grass of my yard and steadied against the sidewalk. I gave a half-hearted wave over my shoulder, my mother on the receiving end of the gesture. This town never changed. Same old--very same, and very old. I could name every street if someone were to ask. And I could tell you that Mrs. Bell wasn't planning on having her overgrown lawn mowed any time soon. Luckily the snow weighed the forest of grass down below the fence line so the neighbors could cease their complaints.

I was always cold. Even layered thick, it seemed to reach my bones. A shallow incline ahead of me, all too familiar, I topped the hill and looked to the horizon where the school beckoned me into motion. With a frothy sigh, I hurried toward my looming education. The new school year starting off as indifferent as it ever had.

NikkiStevenson said:
LETS POST OUR PICS AND BIOS PLEASE
Two things. 1. you're chatting in the rp section, take it to OOC.

2. This is a 1x1. So I dunno if there's going to be character pics and bios.

Wixed said:
Gentle snowfall settled over the town, a thin blanket. The glue that held Monday mornings together. My shoes crunched through the grass of my yard and steadied against the sidewalk. I gave a half-hearted wave over my shoulder, my mother on the receiving end of the gesture. This town never changed. Same old--very same, and very old. I could name every street if someone were to ask. And I could tell you that Mrs. Bell wasn't planning on having her overgrown lawn mowed any time soon. Luckily the snow weighed the forest of grass down below the fence line so the neighbors could cease their complaints.
I was always cold. Even layered thick, it seemed to reach my bones. A shallow incline ahead of me, all too familiar, I topped the hill and looked to the horizon where the school beckoned me into motion. With a frothy sigh, I hurried toward my looming education. The new school year starting off as indifferent as it ever had.
I stood in front of the doors to the school, watching my classmates enter the building. There was still a little bit of time left before the morning bell, and I wanted it to myself. I looked down at my right hand, covered in the long sleeve of my coat and the thin silk gloves I wore. I pinched the end of the fabric with my left hand to get one more peek at it. Plastic. That's all that I saw. I gave my fingers a few steady movements, dropping the fabric of the glove. No one would know I lost my arm. I would hate the pity just as much as I hate this stupid thing. I gave my forearm a couple taps just to feel the hard plastic underneath the sleeve.

I walked forward without excitement, the old building dark brown as ever, miserable and hovering over the miserable kids that go here. My shoulders rubbed against that of the other students, crowding around the entrance, everyone trying to get in forcefully. I dropped down, my knees bending just a little so I could push through underneath as I always did and enter the rotunda, my music failing to drown out all the incessant and monotonous conversations that were taking place all around me.

It was never disappointing, really. Watching the mass of kids form about the entrance and shove one another, just to get sucked into the place they hated the most. I could say I've been on time at least once in my entirety of high school, but that'd certainly be a lie. I wasn't going to force myself through the crowd just to avoid entering a full class room. People will judge you anyway, why not get it over with all at once? And on the plus side, the teachers were so used to the 2 minutes worth of tardiness that they all expected it anymore.

The clogging at the door broke through and I eased my way in and down the dreary hallways. The scent of fresh waxed floors tickled my nose and the soles of my shoes squeaked wet against the linoleum. I looked at the palm of my hand, my schedule scribbled there in fading ball point ink. First period, Biology. Lovely. I was usually partnered with whomever no one wanted to sit by. I'd come to find that those who straggled from the crowds and cliques usually had more to offer me in the way of learning. Not that I enjoyed waking up at 6 am every morning to "learn things".

I peeked through the small window on the classroom door and tugged it open, giving the room a once over. I still don't know what it is about students, but they can't help but all look at whoever enters the room after the bell has rung. And that included this very moment, in which I scanned for the remaining seat.

The desks in class always seemed to wobble. I ripped a few sheets of paper from my notebook to craft a makeshift stand for the short leg of the desk while waiting for class to begin. Biology wasn't a problem for me, it was a fairly easy class. I had purchased the textbook we would be reading during the summer and read through the entirety of it. The first unit was the structure of the cell. I didn't need the text to complain about the tedium of the process of cell division.

I dropped my head on the table, my arms wrapped underneath like a cushion, my legs tapping against the floor. I was drifting asleep, but the bell woke me and I shot upright. Mrs. Inica gave me a quick scornful look, following up with her introduction to the class. I turned my head to the creak of the door, along with everyone else to stare down the late students. I had a smirk on my face, after all I couldn't help it after seeing the ink covering the entirety of their palm, a little smudged from moisture induction.

I pulled out my textbook from my bag and opened it next to my notebook. The first class was always a waste of time anyways. No real learning took place. It was always introductions by the teacher, followed by a silly game to get the students to introduce themselves to the class, and that would conclude the class. I started the first few questions in the text. Hopefully she would give these questions for homework and I can be free of the tedium of biology this week.

I'd somehow managed to come into the room while Mrs. Inica grilled the boy next to the only free seat. I didn't mind the stares of the class, so slinking past her and dropping into the last chair was no issue. Once she'd finished the synopsis of the class, and of what she expected of us, I was due for punishment. The boy beside me seemed just as disinterested in the goings on as I was, though he was making better use of time by going over prospected homework questions.

I thought it clever, yet the thought lasted a mere second before my name was spoken.

"Mr......" She slipped her reading glasses on and scanned the roster. "Mr. Christopher. Mmmm." She pushed her lips into a tight line. "Harrison Christopher. I know you have a bad habit of being late, lets try to mend that this year, shall we." Her sharp eyes pricked at my face and I gave a nod.

"It won't happen again." A lie. Ever the crowd pleaser. She continued role call and I blinked over at my lab partner. Inica wasn't one for seating charts unless the class happened to deserve such a fate. She wasted no time setting us to work, notes projected on the overhead.

Per my typical routine, I'd forgotten my book, though luckily I'd scrounged up paper and pen; which I placed in front of me and wondered if I should even bother scribbling.

I leaned toward the stranger seated beside me. "Any possibility we could... share?" I kept my voice below the teacher's droning, nodding at the open book.

Now there I was, deep in thought, I had just finished the questions for chapter 2 when the late guy leaned over and asked if we could share the textbook. I turned my head ever so slightly, and looked at him with blank eyes, blinking twice. I dropped the pencil in my left hand and picked up the book, dropping it on his desk.

"Take it. Don't need it."

I picked my pencil back up and began doodling. I roughly sketched out the cell structure, placing the necessary parts of the cell with labels and all. I practically forgot I was in a classroom with people around me, but Mrs. Inica called me back to reality when she asked me to stand up and state my name to the class.

I stood up a little too quickly, knocking me chair backwards. Everyone in the class had their eyes trained on me and the stool that now rested on its side on the floor. I took it all in, quickly getting a feel for the faces that were gauging me and smiled.

"Roy. Nice to meet you all."

I leaned down to pick the chair up and got back in my seat. I looked over at the guy next to me who now had to take part in this stupid introduction game.

Odd. I'd never been given such a look. Nothing could have been so deadpan. I couldn't stop the expression that took my face, brows rising and slimming the space between them and my hair line. But the book was apparently mine for the taking, because he seemed all too eager to move on with his grand finale, a stark response and a dismissive look at the paper he began doodling on.

"Thank you." I replied, long after the exchange.

Inica called on the boy and his chair sputtered to the floor behind him. My lips pinched in a tight line at the kid and as I reached for his chair, he'd already spoken the shortest introduction of all, and was placing his seat upright and looking at me.

I met his eye for a moment and proceeded. "Since I've already been introduced, thank you Mrs. Inica..." The class bubbled with quiet snickers and I glanced at her. She was unamused. "I'm Harrison. I'm uhh... always late." I shrugged and dropped back into my seat with a sigh. School really wasn't my cup of tea. It was meant for people like the kid beside me. Who actually wanted to learn and understand things like mitosis or osmosis... or any other vocabulary ending in "osis".

I raised an eyebrow to Harrison's remarkably honest comment. At least he was willing to admit he had trouble arriving on time. Everyone else in the class gave quiet giggles as he slumped back into his seat. I started making a few more charts, this time of the cell division process itself, highlighting the DNA replication phase, followed by mitosis into two diploid cells which go through cellular growth and DNA replication and repeat the cycle. I barely paid any attention to the rest of the introductions. It was boring as ever. Luckily, class was ending, with just a few minutes left. I threw my arms off the table, my back touching the back of the chair, the front legs coming off the ground ever so slightly.

"ah." I breathed out. I was done. Now I could just burn the last few minutes by idly daydreaming.

My right arm was bothering me slightly. I put my forearm onto the desk, pulling the sleeve up just a tad. My hand grasped the wrist and I turned it left and right, relocking it back into its default position. I wiggled my fingers and let the sleeve drop down again, my eyes darting at the clock. It was time to go. My feet started tapping on the floor, waiting for the bell to ring.

I was nosy. I couldn't help it. I noticed that I couldn't help several things I did, and still do. The list would grow into my adulthood. I watched him doodle. It was more amusing than the actual lecture. He was the science book. No wonder he didn't need it. His sudden movement caught me off guard and I dropped my hand from under my chin, wrist smacking the table. "Jesus fffff-" I sucked at my teeth and grasped at my bruising hand, scowling at the injury. Some students looked in my direction, but the murderous pain in my arm sent them into nonexistence with the rest of the class.

"You scared me." I told him, though he hadn't asked. It just seemed like I should say it out loud. I realized the comment entailed a bit of awkward atmosphere, and glanced away, still rubbing my arm. He fidgeted beside me and I found myself curious. No surprise there. Watched just from the corner of my eye.

Strange. The boy was strange. He was. And even more so was his false arm. How had I not noticed it was false before? Is this why no one sat beside him? Because his arm was fake? I snorted aloud at the thought, finding the idea ridiculous. That people could be so shallow. But it wasn't something so surprising. Though the stares from my classmates took my lack of surprise and made sure I knew that I'd just snorted for no apparent reason.

"Yeah yeah." I muttered dismissively, waving away the looks. An almost shy smile crept onto my lips and I tipped my head at the kid once more, awaiting the bell.

although my head continued to face my desk, my eyes darted to my side. "You scared me" he said. My eyebrow raised slightly in confusion, but my eyes returned back to fixating on my notebook.

The bell caught me by surprise, my head turning to the clock at the sound of it. I collected my notebook, crammed it into my bag and looked at the kid beside me.

"Hey Harrison right? The textbook." I looked at him for a moment, my eyes darting between him and the textbook. I hoisted my bag onto my shoulder with my left arm, standing up from my seat.

He seemed indifferent to my mutterings, which worked well for me. It was better left unacknowledged. He seemed a bit on edge. Though maybe it was me who was actually on edge as my arm thrummed with dimming pain.

"Oh. You need the book?' I teased, a playful smirk. "I'd have thought you had it all memorized by now." I added, closing it and sliding the Biology book across the desktop.

I gave him an expressionless look in response to his remark. It was odd in my opinion but I was more focused on going to my next class. It was a computer science course. That I was more interested in.

I turned around a little awkwardly to grab the textbook with my left arm despite the bag slung over my left shoulder. It was inconvenient but I couldn't really do much else. I continued towards the door, grabbing the handle with my mechanical hand, pulling the handle down and opening the door. That much I could still do with this hand at least. It was such a pain. I walked out of the classroom, stopping in front of the lockers right outside of it to put my bag down and stick my textbook in there along with everything else. That and I really needed to switch the shoulder it was sitting on, I figured it would be more convenient for me if it sat on my right shoulder, allowing my left arm free movement.

At this point, I assumed the kid couldn't really manage a normal interaction. Though it wasn't surprising. needless to say, I followed him, watching from afar. I could only stare so much before being caught and as he fumbled a bit and exited, I too left the Biology class in the dust where it belonged.

I wondered then if I should be pushy, try and get him to socialize, maybe attempt to make a friend with the quiet stranger. But the idea that I'd be coming off as pushy outweighed my approach, and so I merely watched him at his locker as I trotted by. It was going to be long day. It could only stretch on and on with how it'd started. Late, called out, and ignored by the class misfit. I was starting to think I was actually the misfit until Morgan scampered up to my side and wrapped me into a giggly hug. I stumbled for a moment in surprise before registering her shrill tone.

That and I'd stumbled far enough to bump into the boy at his locker and spill the entirety of his belongings. Morgan wailed with laughter at the scene and though I'd have liked to found it humorous, I couldn't keep myself from frowning and immediately crouching to scoop up the books. Muttering sorry's as I did so.

I couldn't believe it! That kid! H-he just...ugh!

I was switching my bag to my other shoulder and he comes up from behind me and bumps into me. Naturally I dropped my bag and everything inside spilled out. I had staggered forward and turned around to see everything spilled on the floor and that bumbling slacker standing there with the strangest look on his face. I almost figured he did it on purpose until he bent over and began picking things up.

That's when I saw some scattered transistors and linkages that I had been toying with. I knelt down and picked up my bag, stacking it upright and reached for them in a hurry, sticking them in the front pocket as quickly as I could, my head kept down and tucked into my chest.

"Just leave the books next to my bag. I'll put them in." I gestured vaguely at the ground next to my bag with my hand, a bit of sternness in my voice mixed with awkward embarrassment. I really did not want to sound embarrassed. There was no reason for me to. Yet, I could hear it in my voice and I will admit it felt kind of weird...like I had been exposed by this doofus.

Morgan scampered about, giggles at this and that. "I can help." She offered, smirking and starting into a kneel. I groaned at her, waving her away and hoarding all of the items I'd gathered. She couldn't be trusted really. And though we were friends. I was awaiting some sort of snide remark, I expected it, in fact. She lacked a filter from brain to speech and I'd pursed my lips so tightly together that I too was lacking speech. "Oh! C'mon. Don't be a grumpy pants. It was just a hug!" She nudged a pencil across the floor with the toe of her shoe and I reached to snatch it up, eyes following the curve it took where it stopped against some tech clearly belonging to Roy.

Roy the enigma. Probably working on a cyborg in his free time. An AI that would eventually take over the world and murder those who opposed him. And those who were probably annoying. I'd be the first to go at this rate. I made no quarry of it. Letting him gather away the curious items and tuck them in the nooks and cranny's of his bag. "Aye Aye Captain." I replied, giving him a salute. This motion was a mindless one, as my eyes were still scanning the floor to make sure everything was gathered, stacking to books as instructed.

I could see it, could feel it, could even hear it in his tone. He was embarrassed. And it was partly my fault. If not wholly. I placed a hand on his shoulder and gave him a quick nod, hoping that removing Morgan from the area would suffice as an apology. "Sorry man, I'm clumsy..." I chuckled, rubbing the back of my neck and nodding down the hall at Morgan. "Let's go to class." I told her and she scoffed playfully before skipping down the hallway, her blond hair bouncing against her shoulders. My lips muttered without consent and I bit my bottom lip mid word--"Annoying" escaping me like it'd been held captive for years.

Morgan was annoying. But I supposed I liked her for it. Though days like this really reminded me why we didn't hang out outside of school.

The awkward vibes seemed to hang incessantly in the air with Harrison around. It may have been his general clumsiness, or the fact that he relentlessly kept forcing social interaction out of me. It was only worse that he came over and placed his hand on my shoulder, sending a shiver through my spine. I understood he was attempting an apology but I couldn't have wanted to move away more.

Meanwhile that friend of his seemed like something else entirely. Somehow I thought they went well together. I could discern she has a knack for causing chaos, just as he seems to draw it towards him like a moth to a light. Even more so, she seemed to have an upbeat outlook towards this mess, while he is trying to recuperate and make amends. It was certainly a duo of annoyance altogether to say the least.

That was what surprised me. I heard it escape from his lips. He was about to call her annoying as he watched her skip down the hall. Although I think he would have to put up with her regardless of his own thoughts towards her, as he attracts this sort of trouble. But why I have to deal with him I do not have a clue.

I bent over, picking the books one by one and stuffed them into the bag against each other, making sure it all fit together nicely. I zipped it up and tossed it over my back, flexing my mechanical hand a few times afterwards. The darn thing burned sometimes and locked up as any machine does, except this was attached to my body and it was like an itch I could scratch. For having cost over $10 000 dollars, it felt worthless. I hated it. My eyes glanced over the glove that obscured it from the view of the public. Not that I'm bothered by it but I would rather people don't ask questions.

"well, you should probably go after your friend now." I looked down the hallway, gesturing with my eyes for him to leave. Feeling a bit regretful for trying to shrug him off so hastily though, a moment later I put a hand to his chest.

"Hey um look, I get it was an accident. You seem like a nice guy.." Annoying as hell though, I thought to myself. "So yeah..nice meeting you, enjoy your next class. Maybe we will see each other around." Hopefully not to much. It could be rough beyond belief if I had to go through this everyday with him.

I blinked after her. She'd not even realized my absence. Not that it surprised me. Her skirt teetered against mid thigh and I sighed, forcing myself not to stare. Did she want me to see her underwear, skipping around like that? I glanced at Roy, and found he'd been quietly observing us. I wasn't Einstein, but I could say with some regard for intellect, that I wasn't entirely stupid. And I could sense Roy's distaste for me.

And there I was. Accepting a challenge I hadn't been issued. Roy. Roy. Why hadn't I noticed him before? I turned his name over in my head several times as he picked his books up from the floor. I watched him, a sideways glace. It was so easy to watch him. He made it so easy, yet he worked to maintain a subtle existence. He pointed out the obvious. Yeah sure. I should go after Morgan. Or I could stay and bother Roy. I raised a brow at him. "Should I?" my tone was dripping. Soaked, in fact, in sarcasm.

He was trying to get rid of me. I knew this must be his natural reaction to social affairs. His hand landed on my chest and his words struck me oddly. An attempt at politeness. Game on Roy, game on. "Not a maybe." I told him blatantly. "Looks like we've got first and second period together." I nodded at his bag. I'd seen the book for Computer Science. "Guess we should both go after her, huh?" I grinned at him. I knew he was hoping with all that he could muster, that I'd just leave him be. Oh no. That was not an option. My mind was set. "Ladies first." I added, motioning for him to lead the way to Mr. Ligler's Computer Science class.

My heart sank like a rock in the depths of the ocean. "We have computer science together?!" I blurted out in astonishment. I had meant to keep that in my thoughts but the shock had caught me by surprise. It felt like rainclouds had begun to form over my head despite being indoors. I would have to spend a little more time with the fool and his jester.

I let out a sigh, walking after the girl, gripping the straps of my bag tightly. I didn't want another 'incident'. The girl didn't even realize how high her skirt was riding up, she was flashing the halls with her underwear! I glanced at Harrison, who only stared as every other guy we walked past did. I wasn't surprised really. What I'm curious about is how this girl could be so oblivious and carefree.

Perhaps the greatest 'enjoyment' I got from this walk was that we ended up being 2 minutes late for Mr. Ligler's Computer Science class. I sunk my head down as I walked in the classroom, being greeted by the many onlookers and a scowling professor. Reminiscent of Harrisons' entry to the classroom in first period I thought to myself. Morgan didn't seem to mind at all as she strolled in gleefully. I couldn't believe I was in this situation with him now because of the delay they had caused me. I took my seat near the front of the class towards the windows, my head remaining sulked the entire time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back