• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Just some time travel ideas

Jannah

Barely holding on.
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello, all!

I am nearing graduation so will have plenty of free time very soon. I also happen to be craving time travel plots. I have a couple ideas to throw out, but I am also open to suggestions.

Generations earlier, most of humanity was wiped out in some sort of apocalyptic event. Fast forward to the present day and there's pockets of humanity still surviving, but their situation in their post-apocalyptic reality is growing increasingly dire. Resources are running out and because of it the rest of humanity is slowly dying off. However, the remnants of a long forgotten and long lost time travel project have recently been uncovered by a team of researchers. They believe it may be the key to securing a proper future for humanity, if only the past mistakes could be corrected...

So basically this plot involves our characters being selected to travel back in time to prevent the apocalyptic event from ever happening. I'm picturing either nuclear war, a deadly pandemic, or perhaps a mix of both. Yes, this idea was loosely inspired by that old Bruce Willis movie 12 Monkeys.
Person from the present ends up trapped in the past, thus must learn to adapt and survive their ways. To do so they are forced to team up with a local who is about as curious about this mysterious foreigner as they are this new world. Setting and type of relationship is pretty open in this plot. I'm open to either platonic or romantic, but do keep in mind that for romantic I do have a preference towards MxF. We can also discuss the possibility of the person from the present being able to return home somehow.

-I am old so do expect my partner(s) to be 18+. This is non-negotiable. It's weird writing with minors at my age.
-I don't plan too many plot points in advance. That's not the type of writer I am. I like to just go off a basic premise and see where the story and characters take us. If this isn't your preference then I'm likely not the partner for you.
-To piggyback off my previous point, I am a character driven writer. I love to see well-developed and colourful characters. They are what really make the story for me. Ironically, I do not enjoy character sheets as I need to write my characters in the story to truly get a full feel for them. Again, if this is not your preference then I may not be a good partner for you.
-I do not have any triggers so am open to exploring all sorts of dark and taboo topics, provided the plot calls for it and everyone is comfortable. That being said, if you do have triggers then please inform me in advance so I know what to avoid.
-Due to mental health reasons I do not retain a consistent posting schedule. I do try to aim for once or twice a week, but sometimes it may be more than that or less than that. There's been times when I have gone months without posting. This does not necessarily mean I have ghosted so if you notice I have disappeared then feel free to check up on me.
-With the above in mind, I am ghost friendly. It's an inevitable aspect of the hobby that I have come to accept so no hard feelings if you decide to discontinue our story for any reason.

It should be noted that my post lengths can vary. My own tend to average anywhere from 200 words to 600 words. I can, however, comfortably go higher if the story calls for it. I'm not fussy by any means. I just want dynamic and well-thought out replies with plenty of content I can work with, while also driving the story forward.
Sample two

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back