• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Just looking for some 1v1's

Gravitos

Ya like Jazz?
I'm looking for a good 'ol fashion 1v1
The rules are as you'd expect, •no taking control of the other person's character. (by this i mean saying something like, and this is really basic, "just before the attack could hit he dodged out of the way and stabbed it in the chest") puce for to give the other person time to react, your pretty much cheating otherwise.
•this is turned based, once you post wait for the other person's response and vice versa
•no unlimited dodges, if someone goes in for an attack and you just say, "but my character dodged in the knick of time" while it's fine in sparse amounts as long as it makes sense continuously dodging just do you don't get hurt is cheap and no fun for the other player, just don't do it.
•no insta-kills, this one's self explanatory, if you have some ability that your not sure about tell me about it and I'll take it under consideration
•no insta-charging magic or anything that has a wait time, it should take 2 posts, one for the initialization and the second for the actual use of the ability. Again if your not sure or have a valid reason as to why it should instantly charge tell me and I'll take it under consideration
•if you have a problem with following the flow of a fight we can discuss who will win before hand and build from there
•You get this all the time and it's repetitive at this point, have at least decent writing comprehension, and no one liners, if I don't have anything to work with I can't progress the fight, simple as that
•have a character that's close to if not the same level of power as my character. It's not realistic to have a mall cop fight The Lord of the underworld (unless of course this mall cop is some badass but that's besides the point).

Jonathan Smith

Hair Color: Dirty blonde

Eye Color: hazel

Height: 6'2

Jonathan Smith(24)
Dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes, with a slightly muscled build. Is an agent working for a vague and secretive branch of the government. His job, is reconnaissance, scope out the situation, report anything of interest, subdue target if need be, and DO NOT, under any circumstances, be seen or get caught. Jonathan, is VERY bad at his job, he disguises himself in cheaply made costumes that can be seen through by anyone with eyeballs. He always botches his missions and is never really able to capture any good intel or his target. In fact, the only reason the agency even keeps him around is to watch his live feed for comic relief. Although he's a klutz at his job he is an expert in almost all forms of combat, top of his class in the academy. His family line had all been apart of this agency and so it was natural that at a young age Jonathan would be taken in, taught, and trained to be apart of it. Jonathan is a very kind man if he ever answered you but can become cold and calculating if angered or in a fight. Jonathan is always wearing a black suit and tie with a pair of black sunglasses, even when poorly disguised.

Hair color: brown

Eye color: changes depending on guardian color

Height: 4'8

Rowan Ayers(13)
Brown hair and eye color that changes with an average build. Rowan lived in a village on the outskirts of the kingdom that was pillaged by bandits, burned and had its residents killed. His parent were killed during the raid but they were able to hide him away, this action orphaned him. With no where to live he was taken to an orphanage in the next village over by the battalion that had been sent to scope out the damage. As all orphanages were it was a horrible place and the caretakers rarely fed them and always punished them. Rowan didn't like this life style and decided to rough it on his own, leaving the orphanage under the cover of night. For the next few days he slept in fields and forests and drank water from springs. But he didn't know how to hunt and began to starve, he went to find some food ANY food and as he was searching, the ground beneath him collapsed and he fell into ancient ruins, where he found Septimus an ancient war guardian that is controlled by a magic gem that attaches itself to the new user. Rowan uses Septimus to take supplies from villages enough to survive without injuring anyone. Rowan isn't talkative and snaps at people who do talk to him, still vengeful against the human race for what happened. Rowan usually wears a sleeveless white lace up "shirt" with a pair of tan colored braies and shin high brown leather boots, and when raiding, he wears a tattered dark brown cloak and a pair of fingerless leather gauntlets that he uses to ride on Septimus. When fighting Rowan uses a set of katar(pair of easy to hold daggers basically)

Body Color: Grey stone, silver metal

Light color: Light Green

Height: 2 stories tall

Septimus(ancient)
In the ancient times Septimus was created by the royal mages of old along with his 6 other "siblings". Being created last he was given the name Septimus, meaning seventh son. He was created to fight for one of the kingdoms if a war was ever to break out. A war did start and he had to fight his "siblings" who were spread out across the other kingdoms. Many lives were lost but none of the other guardians had died and the war ended, every kingdom, deeming the golems to dangerous were locked away with their keepers and sealed off with magic. An eternity later the seals deteriorated and people were able to find the 7 guardians. Eventually Septimus tells Rowan that he was was created as a contingency plan if the other guardians were to get rouge keepers and that he could absorb their runes, this became their mission. Septimus is protective over his new keeper and will turn violent towards anyone who intends to hurt him, he also will return to his ancient war functions if someone attacks him, and although Rowan hates humanity he doesn't want to kill anyone and has to stop him from doing so usually. Rowan is trying to teach Septimus the ways of compassion, and loyalty so if he was for some reason not around he could trust Septimus to not hurt anyone, it doesn't seem like it's working but He's beginning to get it. Septimus is made of rock and some metal pieces that float from his torso, the areas that they would normally connect at glow with a green light, he also has cracks in his body that glow with the same light and an underbite jaw.

Height: 4'5 (when standing on heindlegs)

Weight: 200lbs

Description: Inc walks on all fours but has the ability to stand on it's back legs if it so chooses. Inc is furless, scaleless, and has cat like yellow eyes. It possesses semi-translucent skin that allows it to camouflage itself into any environment, it's strange organs can be seen through its transparent flesh. Chief among these organs are a pair of lungs as well as an air sac. Inc can walk on land as well as breath underwater with the help if a set of gills along each side of its neck. Other parts of the body that promote adaptivity are a set of fins in the middle of it's back and in each of its legs that keep it aerodynamic underwater but closing when it reaches land. The last of its sense abilities are thermal vision, which is controlled by a second eyelid, echolocation, created when it makes clicking sounds from pincering its jaw 4 pronged jaw (think of the predator's mouth). The final ace up its sleeve is that it can fuse its DNA with any organism it comes in contact with and utilize any special trait the organism possesses.

Inc is the ultimate predator and can only get stronger. The problem however is that Inc is extremely weak to any form of radiation that includes the light from the sun. If Inc is out in the sun for any longer than a minute it will die. It only survived in the sun for that long because of how indirect it is if it were to come into contact with a decaying element it would die almost instantly. Inc is hyper protective of the scientist that created him, seeing her as a mother figure. If anyone were to lay a hand on her they'd be cut down in an instant.

Pick yer poison :P........

Everything sounds good and I agree with those rules you've stated up there and I would love to try a roleplay with Jonathan! He seems like a very interesting guy to be honest. But yeah, is there a certain plot you have in mind on where things should start out or is that a brain storm kinda thing? :)

Depends on your character I suppose, need to know what I'm working with so I can get a setting in order.
And if you really want to put more effort into it story wise we can definitely do some brainstorming if you'd like

Users who are viewing this thread

Back