• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Jurassic Park: Operation Icarus

Sunseeker

Hello, welcome to my thread! I`ll just go ahead and thank you for taking some time out of your day to visit my humble thread. You may call me Sun. I'm 19 years old with at least five years of roleplaying experience. Like a lot of people my age, I am going to a community college and some nights I do find myself devoting all my time to finishing a paper or whatever menial task I am...tasked with. But, I'm still giddy to roleplay, and I want to get back to the craft, so here I am! Pleading to the masses for a chance to create a story.

If you haven`t been clued in by the title yet, I`ve been craving a roleplay set in the Jurassic Park universe for a while now, and I have a plot, so we can have something to jump off of.

HOWEVER!

Before we get to the wonderful plot I have in store for you curious individuals, I`d like to go over a few points of information that I believe you ought to know. (Trust me, it`s for your benefit!)

All About the Plant
  • Pace: As I mentioned before, I am in college, so I`m not able to post everyday. But, if everything is going well, you can expect a reply every few days to once a week. If I can`t keep up that pace, I`ll tell you.
  • Length: If the roleplay is being rather juicy, I can easily reply with several large paragraphs! But, expect at least three decent-sized paragraphs. Of course, if the scenes are becoming dialogue-heavy or I don`t have much wiggle room, my replies may become shorter. Just please don`t hold it against me! It just means that it may be time to move the roleplay along.
    • Surprise! Have a nice lil` writing sample!
      Cassius wasn’t surprised that he was going to be punched, but boy...did it hurt. Cassius’ head banged painfully in the ground as he was thrown down. Okay...this never happened before. He didn’t expect Cooper to be that violent, but then again..they hadn’t spoken to each other in years. Before he could get up, he felt the hard press of a shoe against his face. Cassius’s face distorted into anger as Cooper claimed that he was helping. ‘Helping’? Cassius pushed against the shoe, to no avail. This fake ass bitch was pretending to have helped him all this time? All those times Cooper...pretended to not know that Scott was bullying him...was helping him?? For once, Cassius wanted to hurt someone. Cassius didn’t even care that Cooper called him a I'm uncultured.., Cooper was going to pay. He didn’t know how, but he was going to make sure that Cooper regretted this. Cooper was nothing but a fake, leaning on his popularity...and Cassius wanted Cooper to learn that.
      Ten minutes after the encounter, Cassius finally walked out of the school building, sporting a black eye and a bad bruise on his stomach to boot. Cassius had a large frown on his face as he walked down the sidewalk, which seemed to deter passersby away from him more than usual. Cassius lived only five minutes away from the school, so it was a pretty short walk. Cassius looked towards the baseball field as he heard a whistle blow and the coach yelling. Probably “chewing out” the boys who were late. Cassius growled in disgust, all jealousy melted away, only to be replaced with hatred. Fuck the damn team, and fuck this school for allowing this shit to happen. Hell, fuck this entire town. This was never Cassius’ fault! He never got to choose who his parents were, but because his parents were who they were, everyone branded Cassius as some weirdo. It was unfair as hell. He always wanted to get even with the entire town, but he would have to settle for one person. The real question was: How would he get even?

As Cassius walked up the hill to his house, he saw his father walking down the hill, heading to work. The usual smile on his face. Right as he was about to pass his father, the man grabbed his arm, a frown on his face. “What happened to your face?”, his father asked concerned. Cassius just shook his head and said, “Bullies...as usual.” His father just shook his head and said, “Go inside, and ice it quickly! You know how your mother is when you come home bruised.” Cassius nodded and rushed into his house. If his mother were to see him in this condition, she would most likely try to use one of her spells to “magically” heal him. It never worked, but she believed it did anyways. “Trust me, Cassius! It’ll work, eventually! I just...have to get better at the craft,” she would say when one of her spells, obviously, didn’t work. Cassius always wanted to yell at her and say that it would never work, because magic wasn’t real, but he knew he couldn’t tell her that. She was...too hopeful.

Luckily for him, she had a tour today. If there was one thing the townsfolk could say positively about her: It was that she was a pretty good tour guide. She was a naturally charming and persuasive person when she wasn’t talking about her ventures in becoming a witch, and it showed in the ratings. Which usually mentioned her in some manner. For once, her weirdness was useful.

Cassius walked into the house, headed to the kitchen to get an ice pack. When Cassius started to become bullied quite regularly his father decided to buy several ice packs for him to treat his bruises with. “We can’t have you wasting all of our steaks!” his father said with a chuckle. Opening the freezer, he quickly grabbed an ice pack and applied it to his swollen eye. Closing the freezer door, he walked towards his room. As he walked, he wondered how exactly he would exact his revenge against Cooper. To be honest, it didn’t seem very plausible once he thought over it. Cooper wasn’t strong enough to beat him in a fight, and Cassius didn’t have any friends who would be willing to help...well, no friends at all anyways. As Cassius passed his mother's “conjuring room”, the door to the room creaked open a little.

Cassius stopped walking and looked towards the door. What caused it to open? Before Cassius closed the door, he saw a light shining in the room. Letting his curiosity get the better of him, he opened the door to the room. His mother’s room was relatively small. It had purple walls, with burgundy trim, and the floor was covered in black tile. Usually, the room had a large cauldron in the middle, but instead, a podium sat under a spotlight, with a large book on top. Cassius looked up to see where the spotlight was coming from, but to his surprise, there wasn’t a light. Cassius hummed, a little nervous. Did his mother do this? And for what reason?

Cassius walked up to the book, reading the title. “Magicka’s exponentia daemonium libro de summonendo,” Cassius read. A demon summoning book? Why was his mother trying to dabble in that? Cassius simply shrugged, deciding to flip through it. Cassius swiftly opened the book, flipping through the pages. Incubi. Devil. Ravager. ...Avenger... Cassius stopped flipping and read the article. A demon that takes revenge on behalf of the victim. Hmm...maybe he could use that. Cassius chuckled at the thought. Imagine the spell ACTUALLY working! But...what if it did? He shrugged. It couldn’t hurt to try. Cassius looked at the spell, and read, “O suppeditat animus cupidine, venit ad me. Ulciscar in eos, qui me iniuria!”

Suddenly, a giant blast of smoke erupted from the book, knocking back Cassius to the ground, dropping the ice pack in the process. Soon, the smoke was replaced by a blinding light, which seemed to consume the entire room for just a mere second. After a few moments, Cassius opened his eyes to see what looked like a puff of black smoke, with 2 iridescent orange eyes floating in front of him. His head started to painfully swirl as he heard laughing. Or...was that in his head? The smoke puff came closer, and a gaseous arm extended, and what seemed to be a hand grabbed the ice pack. The spirit looked at the back, before smacking it painfully into Cassius’ black eye. A scratchy, deep voice invaded Cassius’ mind saying, “You dropped this, little fool!” The spirit smiled, revealing a pair of sharp, red teeth.

Eventually, Cassius managed to sit up and stammer, W-Wha...who are you?” The painful dizziness returned as the demon laughed. “My name is Vindicta! Demon of revenge. I’ve come to help you with your...situation.” The demon’s smile widened. “So...I summoned you?”, Cassius asked absent-mindedly, still shocked at the realization that demons were real. The demon stared at him for a moment before continuing, “If I were you, I wouldn't call it a summoning. I am only here because I want to be here. Trust me when I say this! If I didn’t want to come, that silly little phrase you said earlier wouldn’t have been fruitful!” Before Cassius could reply, the demon put up a smoky hand to stop him, shaking his head. “Now, I don’t have all day! Well...I do, but I don’t like idle chat. So, tell me, why exactly do you want me to target?” “Cooper Chance,” Cassius said quickly, “I want him to learn that he isn’t anything without his precious popularity!” The demon nodded, satisfied with Cassius’ answer. “It will be done, Cassius Cameron! But, you must give me some time as I will need to gain power through Cooper’s dreams. But, don’t worry, he'll get what’s coming to him!” Before another word could be said, the demon disappeared. Leaving Cassius to wonder if what he had seen was real.
  • Characters: This plot would benefit greatly if we both played as multiple characters! I am mostly interested in playing male characters in MxM pairings, but since this RP is very open to many characters, I am definitely open to playing female characters as well.
    • I really love having romance in roleplays (who doesn`t), but let`s not have them falling in love with each other at first sight. A nice slow burn is quite satisfying at times.
  • Communication: I LOVE being friends with my RP partners and good OOC chatter makes the role play that much sweeter. I’ll even give you my discord user if you ask...
    • Also, I adore worldbuilding with my partners! I could easily spend an entire month just worldbuilding before even making our characters. It`s just so much fun! So, if you want to make any changes to the plot and help set up an awesome world, you`ll have two willing ears-er-eyes!
Alright! Are you still alive and kicking? Still, paying attention? Good! Now, onto the plot!

Jurassic Park: Operation Icarus
“John Hammond has flown too close to the sun, it’s time to cut his wings before it’s too late.”

Date: June 20, 1993
Time: 6:00 AM (PST)
Location: Biosyn Headquarters in Cupertino, CA. Conference room 2B
Speaker: Classified

"Alright, here`s the deal. Less than two weeks ago, John Hammond invited Ian Malcolm, Dr. Alan Grant, Dr. Ellie Sattler, and their lawyer Gennaro to inspect the park. At the time, we believed with the influence of Dr. Malcolm, the park would not be endorsed and would be quickly shut own. However, that is not the case. While Dr. Malcolm is still an "ally" to our cause, Dr. Grant and Dr. Sattler graciously endorsed the park, allowing its opening continue as planned. Ever since then. they have started an aggressive ad campaign, letting the world know of its upcoming opening. Which is less than a month from now. For obvious reasons, we at Biosyn do not want that happening. We have called you here because you have the same goal as us. You may have your own reason: ethical, moral, scientific, etc., but we all have a common enemy, which I hope makes us friends. At least temporarily.

So, here`s the plan: You guys, our investigators for truth, will be accompanying our small private army to Isla Nublar. If you are fully clued in, you`d know that this trip will not be a cruise. You are not going there to view the dinosaurs or go sightseeing. In fact, expect no fanfare when you get there. Simply put, you aren`t supposed to be there. This will be the most...legally-grey operation we have undertaken in my company`s history. Travel there. Get on the island silently. Stay. Invisible. Your job will be to find any evidence that could be used against the park. I don't mean little things, like some litter here or there. I mean big things like clear animal abuse, poor infrastructure, and most scathing of all: Poor security. Jot down whatever you find, collect all evidence, and get back as soon as possible., The less time you spend there, the less chance you`ll be caught. trust me, do not get caught. It will spell bad news for all of us. The small army coming with you are tasked with safely getting you there on the ship we have provided, and keeping you safe in the case of a dinosaur outbreak. Once you are in the park, you will have at least 2 soldiers each to guard you. The trip to the island should take around 6 hours. Keep yourselves entertained. That is all I have to say. You have been instructed on your duties. Good Luck.

<<Incoming Distress Transmission>>
<<Sent Approx. 10:31:57 hours>>
<<June 22, 1993>>
<<Huffing tired voice of an unknown, young soldier>> "Sir, the trip to the island has failed. four hours into the trip, a major storm hit developed and hit us hard. The ship couldn`t take the force of the storm and soon capsized. It seems that I and a few other survivors have washed up on an island, including those who we were supposed to protect. Sir, we`re not on Nublar."
<<Soldier starts getting emotional. Possibly crying.>> Sir, I don`t know where we are right now, and it`s really freaking me out."
<<Moaning is heard. Not too far from the speaker. Probably an injured soldier.>> "The island seems even more overgrown than Nublar is, and I feel like there`s something...wild out here.
<<Screeching is heard. Speaker starts breathing rapidly. Clearly scared.>> My GPS, though slightly damaged, it indicated that the island is southwest of Nublar.
<<Footsteps is heard, and a deep voice saying "Get out of there!" Speaker starts panicking.>> Please come get us. I don`t want to di-"
<<Speaker is interrupted with a loud screeching sound, along with loud gunfire. The sound of bones crunching is heard before the audio cuts out.>>
<<Transmission Over>>

Okay, so for a bit more exposition: A group of individuals who don`t like Jurassic Park for various reasons team up with Ingen`s rival company Biosyn to take find enough evidence to take out the park. However, on the way there a powerful storm hits their ship, capsizing it. Our lucky few survivors then wash ashore on Isla Sorna, Ingen`s "Site B." This island used to contain the facilities that would clone, hatch, and raise the dinosaurs before they were transported to Isla Nublar. However, a disease outbreak causes Ingen to abandon the facilities and the dinosaurs. The disease causes the dinosaurs to be incredibly aggressive. Carnivores become even more bloodthirsty, attacking without prejudice. Even most herbivore species will attack anything in sight. Unfortunately for our survivors, help will not be quick in coming. Ingen notices the new shipwreck and starts investigating who caused it. Not wanting to be found as the culprit, Biosyn refuses to launch a rescue mission until Ingen loses interest or the survivors travel to a secret cove, that`s on the other side of the island. Now, our survivors must survive on the island full of savage dinosaurs, keep out of sight from the Ingen who are searching the island for them, and travel to a cove hundreds of kilometers away. How hard could it be?

Thank you for reading!
If you are interested or have any inquiries, please PM me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back