• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy (JRPG Style RP) Radiant Vanguard: Approach hell for a monster's sake?

Would you like to play?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe...

• No

• Total voters

Vaughn

Radiant Vanguard

Approach hell for a monsters sake?

13457552_10209760287429075_591567109_n.jpg

We fought.

In darkness, and for years we fought. Demons and fiends, fierce and fowl. We were alone, and wandered off into the darkness, blighted.

It's by the grace of our great saint Nersha we found light. Here where we stand. In these holy grounds. In this our city. Now our never-quiet nights are accompanied by tavern chatter and firework crackles.

But outside these walls, it seems that no God has forgiven us. For hiding in refuge from the punishment we were meant to take.

Intro

The city of Sanersia is dizzying in it's height, a massive city built of cathedrals. It's bronze spires reach into the clouds. In the morning, it's ivory walls brighten even back streets. At night, the hustle of barmaids and chatter of travelers can be heard on all main streets. Demon and Fiend were defeated and subdued to build this wonderful city, and now the former becomes a friend.

The tumultuous relationship between man and demon is spearheaded by none other than Vanguard. A bustling establishment built on the ideals that communication and good service by all and for all will bring this growing city together. They take requests to service their community and to fill the requests, they ask for your help!

RADIANT VANGUARD

Hi, Vaughn here. Radiant Vanguard is a roleplay about taking up a quest in a big anime world I made up for people to play in. It won't last forever-- once the quest is completed, you're finished and successful. I made this place for everyone and anyone to play in, so the level is casual.

You'll play a citizen of Sanersia, a gigantic and bustling cathedral city with high walls protecting the people from outside elements. You can make a character as one of 6 races and a member of one of the cities 4 social classes. (You could also play a traveler to the city) For whatever reason your character has, they'll be accepting a quest from Vanguard to help a monster overcome it's illness by traveling outside the city walls for a cure in a different town.

Without more to do, here's the Summary!

RACES

The race you choose falls into one of three Types: Angel, Human, and Demon

ANGELS:

Valkyrie- Dove like wings bloom from the small of their backs.

Putti- Eternally youthful, thought to "spawn" rather than be born, they simply appear in the higher levels of the Cathedral.

HUMAN:

Humans are just humans, no other race in this class.

DEMONS:

Prariefolk- Floppy, cow-like ears and large heads, a rabbit like lower half, these creatures are very strong, they grow slowly but can grow to be twice human size.

Feralin- Animal eared characters thought of as related to both prarie-folk and humans. They do not grow taller than 4ft

Harpy- Crow-like black wings, sometimes brown, sprout from the small of their backs.

13480357_10209760423992489_1913877944_n.jpg

13459756_10209760433512727_1230004205_n.jpg

GROUPS

The Type of race you play affects how each group treats you. For example, demons are given harsh trials and told to partake in intense meditation rituals to prove themselves daily as Saints of Nersha, but humans aren't given such tasks.

Saints of Nersha -
The oldest group in Sanersia, the founders of the city. They follow the teachings and practices of Saint Nersha and work to protect and service all people.

Cidemi familia - Those so rich they become a class unto themselves, living in grand manors.

Academia - In a civil war 130 years ago, this group separated itself from the Saints of Nersha in order to search for knowledge that was deemed unholy. You will be given free housing so long as you pledge to be either a student or researcher.

Goria- Moving into Sanersia from the east, you must cross an incredibly large trench. Looking down into on a clear day, in good light, you can see the city of demons. Built from the hand downs of the society above.

THE QUEST

PLEASE HELP!!

In the city you all have the Saints of Nersha to protect you and show you love. But us monsters only have Auntie! She's lovely, and kind to all of us, and giving, and now she's very very sick!

She has a PRARIEFOLK disease! We have to help her but her only hope is in a PrarieFolk town outside the city walls! Someone please, help us! If we lose Auntie, we don't know what all of Goria will do!

(This quest is there to help players break into adventuring and chatting quickly, out of the gate.)

outro

So there's a couple little special features I'd like to add to this game to. I made up hierarchies for all these different groups, so if your character would know the details of how the organization they live with works... Then you know those details too, and won't have to guess if you don't wanna. For example, students of Acadamia have 3 teachers, some same sex dorm mates, and an Academic Advisor who gives them life and school advice, like recommending they take a job or focus harder on their studies. (You could say you're outside of the normal hierarchy for any reason you wanted to)

I'd also like to continue drawing environments, races, and NPCs. I suppose I'll get better over the course of the RP. Seems like a fine way to keep up my skill.

Basically I really wanna have fun in a big loveable anime world, watching how people decide to waffle around. So yeah, if you guys think it sounds cool then give me a heads up. Even if not, leave a comment why you like it or why you don't, thanks alot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more stuff

Technology - I don't know if I want to have cars and computers, like in Cave Story or Undertale, or if I want to ignore those and focus only on magical technology.

Magic- Magic is performed by most people through rituals and ceremonies, but it's really just a matter of sacrificing a little bit of spirit to bend the rules of the world. Anything is possible, and some people have natural abilities

Characters- Characters have a lot of free range. Refusing to be part of one of the groups listed, you can also play a vagabond-- someone that's just not part of one of the groups or society, or a citizen-- someone who's part of the city society without taking part in the groups.

It's all still really up in the air though. I'm also thinking of trying to run a different roleplay.

Other roleplay thoughts:

Acadamia- I could just focus on the students in this city-wide Academic program and their various magical and adventurous studied.

Catacomb Demon Prison - Underneath the Cathedral city is a massive catacomb and demonic prison living in anarchy

Reworking the world- I could simplify and/or flavor up the world greatly and try again too.

Jrpg inspired hmm?

So what's the minimum amount of belts we are allowed on our character?

So I can make a character who's wearing a onesi and has 7 belts all over the body?

I mean your character should have 8 belts on every outfit. So if they strip down to their boxers, those boxers should have atleast 8 belts.

Alright, cool. One more and I'll make a thread.

Also since this is still really airy, please comment or PM me any changes you'd like to see. I already know some I wanna make.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back