• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ▽Journey to Lost city of Vesi▽ [clsd]

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Intro
  • bonesbo

certified corrupt circus creature
    You received a slip of parchment in the mail within the last year. You recognise the wax seal, Expeditions Prospering, a silvery wax with a diamond, in the center an E, and arrow as the horizontal lines.

Dear __________! Xen, 27, 3Axx1

First of all, I wanted to thank you humbly for opening this letter! Ha! With the mechs and techs so advanced these days it's a wonder anybody has time to sit and look at a piece of fancy smelling paper.
    You just sniffed the paper didn't you! Haha!!

Allow me to introduce myself:
    My name is Gerald Harmmish. I am the founder and retired director of the researching, exploring, scientific and anthropological organisation known as Expeditions Prospering. I am nearing the end of my life, but that does not mean my hefty helping of curiosity has diminished.
    All my life, I have studied cultures, religions, legends, lore, and people all across the world. The one legend that has yet to satisfy my ending searchings: the Lost City of Vesi. There's not even that much solid proof that this exists, it's said to be one of the most mysterious culture and city in the world; why, it's a legend of course!
    In my more active days, I would have boarded my ship myself with a few of my trusted friends and colleagues to set out to find the sunken city and civilisation myself. Alas, nearing four and a half centuries worth of dust has worn out my gears...

That is where you come in, my good friend! You have been given the highest of recommendations to me, Gerald, by any of my colleagues spreading the Country of Escain! I wish for you to carry out my adventure and face the dangers and thrills of the oceans to find the lost city hidden somewhere in the Karkinoah Sea! A team has been specifically crafted with your talents, abilities, and skill in tow. You and only five others have been chosen amongst thousands of recommended and applied pupils for such a quest as this! Congratulations for the highest honor!
    There is danger of course, and a chance that this legend is only that: a legend. After four years of a wild-goose chase, or a successful find of the city, you may return to home base at the EP Institutes, where you will be eagerly awarded and compensated a whopping twenty million pikels! (That's 6.8 hundred thousand foudries for you Glakien folk). If you happen to bring back more than proof of the legend, such as more knowledge or artifacts or texts or technology, you will be rewarded no less than 2 million pikels for the content!

Not only will the money and journey be reward enough for you youngsters, but the adventure! Friendships! Thrill! Knowledge! You gain along the way will be tremendous to not only yourself but the lives you return to!

If you accept my offer, please show up in person (spiritually, physically, mentally) to [this address] at the hiney white crack of dawn on Fell 18, 3Axx2. Aka Home Base! EP Institutes! You're going to be on a ship for four years, but don't worry, there will be plenty of islands to explore and conquer along the way for food and refreshing your needs.
    If you reject: what a loser! Who would give up an exceptional offer such as this! Don't worry. Just say [this chant] and this parchment will burn up in your hands and your name removed from our roster!

I hope to see you all bright and early on Fell 18, 3Axx2!

With deep appreciation and curiosity!
    Humbly yours,
    Dvk. Gerald Harmmish III
    Director and Founder of EP

And at the bottom of the letter, next to his signature, Harmmish doodled a little winking face with a beard giving a thumbs up.

TheCrowKing TheCrowKing Trektek Trektek Archie Archie Juju Juju Cyan Dragon Cyan Dragon

It is a beautiful morning on the shore line of Escain. The day has finally come, Fell 18. Since the letter arrived to your mailbox, the countdown began to this morning. Perhaps you have been training, studying, worrying, waiting, or letting life pass while the day approached.

The Institute of EP stands proudly along the shoreline of a canal, its magnificent bricks on fire in the morning light. The water in the canal glimmered, as if it was entirely composed of molten metal; silver and viscous. Lawn, beautifully manicured and tended to, stretched as far as the eye could see, providing a cushion to study, nap, relax, enjoy a meal or date. Flowers littered the sides of the different buildings of the campus facilities, an arrangement of colors and sizes and smells. It almost overwhelmed the senses to the point that it was almost impossible not to view this campus as a pleasant, fruity, euphoric dream.

Along the edges of the canal was a crystalline pier, leading out into the water where a mighty ship humbly bobbed with the gravitational pulls. Through the thick glass a world within the water was seen: large golden fish with brilliant fans as fins, aquatic plants and snails on the underside of the class. Perhaps you have been waiting for so long for this day, perhaps you slightly regret it when you had to wake up very early to arrive to the EP Institute, perhaps you stopped to smell the roses.

On the edge of the dock, gazing up to the towering mast of Mercury, the ship where you will reside for the foreseeable future, was a small, stout, gnome. He stood no higher than 3 feet tall, but he held himself as if he was on top of the world. A long white beard tied in with his long grey hair, nearly dragging down in front of him as he marched back to the grassy lawn with his polished oak cane. His clothes implied he was a rugged man of earthen handiwork, but his expression told he was of immense sophistication and intelligence; perhaps too jovial for his age as well.

Gerald Harmmish, the director and founder of EP, Expeditions Prospering, smiled something of great warmth as the small diverse crew made their ways down the paths toward the dock. Between the canal and the ocean, a small man-made shoal of marshy trees created nests for fish, as well as protection from the ocean. The sun’s tendrils were barely creeping through the thicc trunks and branches, outlining the water, buildings, boat, and Director Harmmish in a brilliant, soft yellow and orange light.

A crouched figure was perched on one of the grassy banks, peering down into the water where little crabs scurried about just below the surface. His naturally wide pupils followed the trails of the creatures, undisturbed by the approaching crew mates. Beside him on the grass were two squarish suitcases, identical on the outside but on the inside, one contained considerably more weight. Tools, mech gear, nuts and bolts, bags, and other equipment stocked one of Beaux’s bags. He was a bit strange looking to be honest; long blue and purple hair, gills, webbed extremities, a flat nose, fanned ear fins(?still dk how to describe them), pale greyish bluish skin; not to mention the burnt, torn, stain covered clothes, and the cowboy hat he wore. He definitely looked like he belonged in the water; however, he looked reluctant to go any closer than he was on the bank.

Prior to this morning, Beaux Abot hadn’t been much phased by his recruitment until the week prior. Going on a journey was fun, being on a boat was not. Meeting new people was fine, being stuck with them for a long time was not. Water was not fine. Water meant… water…

Beaux had been the first to arrive. He had spent the night on campus, exploring and wandering into places he shouldn’t have gone. He was the first to arrive to the dock, but a majority of his time in waiting since had been gazing down into the water and watching the creatures. Live creatures fascinated him; nonetheless, he preferred to make his own creatures and bots. They were more predictable like that.

Harmmish clapped Beaux on the shoulder, shocking him out of his trace and nearly causing him to stumble forward into the water. The young aquatic looking boy scrambled back away from the water as Harmmish chortled a hearty laugh for such a small figure.

“Didn’t mean to scare you there! You must be Beaux. Welcome to EP Institute. I noticed you were wandering through the halls last night. Gave me the creeps to see a- ah- an uncommon figure like yourself roaming through the halls.” Harmmish’s voice was powerful for such a tiny man.

“I dinnea sleep often. I-” Beaux was interrupted by a grand gesture of Gerald to the other crew members approaching.

“Good morning! Good morning to the brand new crew of Mercury! What a wonderful morning to start exploring! Haha! That rhymed!” He grinned out to each that approached with their bags or lack thereof.

“Go ahead and set your bags down here, folks. I have a little list of announcements, words of advice, maps, et cetera et cetera to give to you all before your fantastic departure.” Gerald repeated a couple times as the crew approached from varying locations on the lawn.

Here’s the leash loosened. Describe whatever your character has been doing in the approximate 5 months up to this day since the letter arrived; describe what your character did this morning. Give some interactions between your character and other PCs. Interact with my character( Beaux) or Gerald, or make up NPCs. Describe where the come from or how they got here. It is much as your world as is mine. (These are all suggestions of what to do; there are no requirements.)

No requirements except have a hearty post with rich, workable content. There is no required length, sometimes longer things will need to take place, or make just some short dialogue between characters later on. But for now; give your characters, posts, backgrounds some meat.

Last edited:
    Gerald's Full Intro
  • BEAUX & HARMMISH

Trektek Trektek Archie Archie Cyan Dragon Cyan Dragon TheCrowKing TheCrowKing Juju Juju

Beaux beamed at the fact that Magen would be happy to have him. He has had not so many pleasant experiences involving his work; they sometimes had a tendency to explod- sometimes. More in the past when he was still discovering his hands.

There were several instances where unfriendly faces of his town of Dula were pounding outside his door in a rage. "Hey fish face!" was a common nickname used by a semi-orcish boy, "Your f**king chain snapped. How in the hell am I supposed to work my pa's field! We have standards, you know! I know you're in there, you codswallop!"

"If ye dinnae mind me askin'. What's yur co-" Beaux inched forward to her, gesturing to her center where her power source would mostly likely be. However, he was interrupted by the beady little man hooting and hollering as he made his way back towards the dock.

"Getchur hineys over here! Imman old man! Dontchu see me running!" Gerald was waving a manilla file in the air as he strode over, leaning heavily on his cane. "Come 'ere. Come 'ere.... Whoo. I'm out of breath!" Gerald was breathing heavily as he slowed his pace to a stop. He stood by a wooden picnic table, one that had the paint chipping away and certain tree debris permanently etched into its workings.

"Lady Zephriel Starwind!" Gerald called to the winged woman, gesturing her other to stand near him as he stood on one of the benches. He then called everyone else over, standing in an arch around himself and Zephriel. "I have here a collection of maps for your crew. As Chronicler, you are not only in charge of the past documentation but of the future navigation." Gerald laid out a large world map. The map itself was a vinyl material, water resistant. It rolled up to the left, and on the left side was a black clasp and string. "Here at EP, we're most fortunate to have access to the latest technologies in human culture, exploration, and documentation. Now, I'm old fashioned, I still prefer something physical." He tapped his cane to the map surface.

At the point of contact, a physical wave of carbonitt pixels spread up to form a 3D landscape from the center out. "But, I don't mind a bit of integration of the two, haha!" The surface of the map was now jagged, and fully depicted the terrain of the land and sea. (1568917532216.png picture the pin art thingies). However, the surface was still white and blue.

"The main setting of the map is the topography," Director Harmmish began to explain, looking to each of the crew members assembled around him. "You press this here clasp-" He gestured to the black clasp on the left, where a light was blinking blue, "-to change the settings. The different lights give different features. For example:..." Gerald tapped the clasp, and each time with a soft beep, a new picture was depicted onto the surface of the carbonitt 3D map. He scrolled through the different settings: the land and water mass names; biomes; climates; and the last one was a basic coordinate sheet with specific numbers.

"And to closer her up, just hold the button down," Gerald finished as he looked around. "But we're not done yet." He changed the setting for the map to be set on the land and water names.

"Here are a few worldly insights, for those that don't do many traveling around... Our world is very archipelagic, meaning there are lots of chains of islands and volcanoes. There's lots of volcanos, folks; I would be surprised if you are never caught up in a vent of one. Now... To start, we're here. This map will automatically log your progress along the world as you go, so this will be the one mountain near the Captain's helm. It is rumoured that The City of Lost Vesi is somewhere, underwater, in the Karkinoah Sea. But of course, the texts we have regarding the matter are very old and have gone through many lost language translations." The gnome shrugged, "That's how things work. This is also a legend, I might add. There is a possibility this city doesn't exist. But if it were to, Karkinoah is the first place I would check. The Karkinoah Sea is a very large, and empty body, and also on the other side of the world, if you haven't noticed. It will take some time for you to arrive to at least Kallio lands.

"There are also plenty of rumours that the City exists beneath a bed of coral. Dtiis Reef Wall, the Red Reef, and Trekket Cluster Reef are the major ones of our world. If you do decide to take a journey down south to Dtiis, be careful of Maat. Maat is infamous for volcanic pirates and beasts. I've gotten myself into a few skirmishes down there myself! Haha!" Harmmish gave a hefty pat to an apparently wooden thigh, covered by his clothes.

"You must also be aware that if you visit Trekket Cluster, you will be there for a long time. This Cluster is Grade A resort. To be honest, the last time I visited, I was a bit fuzzy I exited. Sirens, the Trekkler, and a ship graveyard exist in this very shallow and thriving reef. That's only the waters. The land, is absolutely gorgeous. But trees! The Trees that extend up to 800 metres tall! Create a canopy so thick and an environment so humid, only the most elite of primal tribes and clans live there in extreme secrecy! That journey was my most recent and I was- well... I'll spare you the details..." Gerald winked.

"The only other thing I will warn you about is our northern waters here in the East Buldrice Ocean. It is very shallow, very cold, very windy. It will be difficult to navigate. Lots of large and slippery sea creatures thrive in this waters and love nothing more to add to their collection of shiny wreckage b- Oh yes! The Great White Dragon! If you are lucky enough, you might encounter the most magnificent Ice Dragon soaring or swimming! However, you're not too lucky if she sees you!" He put his hands on his belly and laughed again. He was having too much fun thinking about the possible peril of the crew, perhaps.

"Now now. I know you're all eager to board and have a looksie around," Gerald removed a golden watch from the inner folds of his outfit, one that had 7 different hands moving in counter directions and speeds. "So grab you bags folks! Follow me aboard!"

Gerald rolled up the map and handed it to Zephriel before he hopped from the table and started across the crystalline dock. As soon as a foot touched the bridge, the glass raised up out of the water, shimmering in a brilliant light that was now a magnificent orange. It created a stair case up to the deck of the ship, right next to the glimmering black calligraphy that spelled out Mercury along the pristine hull. "I will provide a quick tour, and then I'll set you off with a few supplies and you can be off!"

Gerald showed the crew around the boat. On the deck was you basic flat deck. Four thick masts were bound with rope and regal white sails. The second one had a net and ladder to climb up to the crow's nest, which would remain mostly unoccupied with this crew. At the stern, the deck was raised up where the Captain would guide and direct the ship, and directly under that, level with the deck was his quarters, which were bigger than the rest. Adjacent to the Captain's quarters was the steam room, where all the mechanic work would take place. As Gerald opened the door for them to look in, a gush of warm, humid air greeted them, along with the sound of gentle humming and clanks of the steam engine starting. Downstairs on the first level (levels were numbered away from the deck), was the kitchen along the bow wall, a dining and social space in the centre, then down a hallway was the rooms and two bathrooms. There were plaque with each member's name outside the room.
    Bedroom 1 - Vacant
    Bedroom, across the hall 2 - Magen
    BR 3 - Beaux
    BR 4 - Zephriel
    BR 5 - Anziium
    BR 6 - Kaito

Bedroom 5 and 6 were next to the bathrooms at the end of the hall. Gerald pointed out each room. They were all equipped with basic room things like a bed, a comfy chair, shelving, cabinets, dresser, closet, etc. On the other side of the partial divide was where there was a desk and some shelves and another closet, with more space for personalisation. The rooms were in fact, quite roomy. Gerald turned to Captain Blumenthal and told him he was more than welcome to reside in the room down here, if he ever felt isolated or lonely, to join the crew down here in the Vacant Room One.

Level 2 below the deck had a flat space workspace for physical activity such as workouts or combat training or whatever. two walls along the middle side contained rotating sides for showing suits for going underwater, combat gear, tools, a supply of weapons, etc. If you can make a reasonable claim for why something would be on the wall, it can be provided. This is like the magic shop of the game, you can request something maybe a bit more powerful or out-of the ordinary and if you make a good enough claim you can have it : ). At the stern of level was the library. The library contains masses of books on multiple shelves. The outer walls were decorated in adventuring memorabilia and trophies and artifacts in glass cases. At the back was a comfortable reading lounge area with a large study table and comfortable seating.

The Basement, level 3 below, was all storage of crates and food and supplies along the walls, where then there was a giant metal door that led into a workshop. The workshop had a 'secret' staircase up to the engine room, tables, tools, equipment, what looked like a medical examination chair, a fridge and freezer, glass storage, etc, anything you would find in a lab or mechanic shop was here, somewhere.

"Beaux! I suspect that this is where you'll be spending most of your time, Haha!" Gerald laughed as he looked among the crew. He paused as he searched the faces. Beaux wasn't there. "Beaux?" Gerald questioned. "Where did he go?"

Beaux was still outside, never joining the crew on deck. He missed the entire tour. He stayed behind after the map showing, standing at the edge of the dock. He watched and heard them disappear as they went aboard the massive ship. He sat down among the silent and whispering grasses and sighed. He couldn't do this. He couldn't get on the boat. Although, the longer and longer he waited, the deeper and darker his pit of fear became.

Last edited:
    Stop 1: Escainian Reef
  • JOD & BEAUX

TIME CHECK:
    Day 4.
    Time: hour 4, white sunrise
    Location: Escainian Reef: Duck Isle. C5, small white island (shaped like rubber duck)
    Weather: full cloud cover, low eerie light makes sunrise indistinguishable. cool but very humid with thick fog.

Trektek Trektek Juju Juju Cyan Dragon Cyan Dragon Archie Archie TheCrowKing TheCrowKing

The crew sailed on. The first few days of travel had proven to be filled with anticipation and excitement, but that excitement was false. The first few days of travel began to show its face of sea-sickness, homesickness, perhaps doubt; it was only natural as the crew stared out into bright but calm silver waters ahead of them.

The first day seemed too short. Everyone was bustling to become acquainted with the ship, with each other, with their new home and new life. The voyage was exciting as they slowly sailed away from the coastline, watching their homes disappear as they ventured out for the first time as a crew. They sailed Northeast, towards the Escainian Reef. The reef was settled on a large flat on land with a protective border of green, mountainous teeth sticking up from the waters; it was a great defense for Escain. As the reef was shallow, bustling with life, and surrounded by jagged olive tree trunks, scattered forest debris, coral life, travel had been slow and ginger. There is seldom wind to carry Mercury's sails, but that proved to be a good thing, as the reef required careful navigation to avoid damage on both the ship and bustling life beneath the waters.

The second day... Doubt set in. At least for some of the crew. Everyone was settled in to their new home, more or less, and the excitement was quickly wearing off. The waters seemed too still, and the droning, unfamiliar humming of the steam engine was enough to put a seed of anxiety in the back of someone's mind. The sun was hot that day, they were still very much in the tropical region of the world. By day three, they had approached the area of the reef that kissed the archipelago of the reef.

Day four. The prior night was cool as they passed north into the temperate zone, and as they sailed further from the course of the white sun, the heat became less extreme in the day as well. Beaux had installed a system into the engine that kept it functioning during the night is so requested by the Captain. They would be able to set a course, and Mercury would guide herself to the destination over the night.

When the crew awoke, they were unable to tell the time of day, and whether they had floated into the sky above them. The deck was immersed into a thick, alarming hug of fog. The air was still; so still, that it appeared they were not moving. They were reassured by the thrull of the engine along with the gentle swishes of the water beneath them. They could not see ahead of them, behind, nor to the sides. Even the nautical figurehead, a mythological god with wings, could not be seen through the blanket that provided no comfort nor warmth. Mercury's hull groaned at the cool air, she was covered in her own blanket of mist and condensation.

What was unseen ahead of them was Duck Isle, named for both its shape and its residence: aquatic birds of all varieties that feast on the abundance of fish in the surrounding reef. The land was closer than thought. Thick tree roots formed the shore, providing a cage of shelter for swimming creatures, but also created a marshy border where the land mixed in with the uncertain water line. This island ahead of them was unknown to the crew, unknown to the Captain; although automatically depicted on the map near the wheel as the ship approached her unseen first destination. [
    Next major post will describe the land. Crew posts following this will describe your journey so far, and the coming morning to wake up to fog, "crash" into the island, etc. before boarding Duck isle if you so wish].

Beaux laid face down on the deck of the ship. Although the air was thick enough to suddenly form condensation on one's skin, he had none. The Mechanic had his arms and legs spread out in star formation, his cheek pressed against the damp and flush wood, his eyes half open in sickness. If a crew member had been unaware of the star-fish-boy on board, they might as very well stepped on him though the thick visual. The first few days, Beaux had been confined to his workshop and the engine room as he acquainted himself with the organs and life of his home; otherwise, the boy began to feel very sick from the motions of turbulence and rocking. He found it difficult to sleep, as he rarely did on the norm anyways, so he occupied his time with building "helper-bots", meddling around with his tinker toys, mindlessly wandering the ship with his smooth white stone in hand, or cooking. Mostly cooking.

The helper bots have so far been... helpful. There were now three of them. They just needed a few upgrades is all... I mean... they were helpful just sometimes at the wrong time. They would come into a crew mate's room while they slumber and the bot would make the bed, folding the sheets back down in a tight formation and essentially trapping the member under. So far, only one instance has occurred where a bot untied one of the main sails as they were trying to tighten a knot; turns out mechanical hands aren't the best at gripping wet rope. But otherwise, the helper-bot have been cute little buzzing buddies that would clean dishes, sweep the inner floors, organise materials in library and "gym" space.

As for Beaux's cooking... Oh haevens have mercy. The kitchen was fully stocked at the beginning of the trip, with a plentiful cornucopia of food storage and rations below deck. The boy seemed to know what he was doing. He needed no cookbook (nevertheless he couldn't read one if he had one) to make such gourmet and perfected meals. All of the crew member's dietary needs were met, as he went around and asked in an inconvenient time of late late night. He had no real sense of time. Each morning following the boarding, Beaux prepared delicious arrangements of blended fruits and exotic vegetables even he hasn't seen before, topped with fresh herbs to spice and balance the sweetness. Along side the creamy beverages were fresh baked loaves of hearty bread, covered in seeds and drizzled with a light honey.
    He moved around the kitchen like a mad man. Several appliances would be whirring at once, he would be chopping for only a couple of seconds before moving to the next counter and sliding perfectly diced fruits into a jar before a hand-made mech would crush the fruits into a sweet pulp. He wore his goggles, an apron, and had his hair tied back into a messy bun of course. He attached a belt to his waist to hold tools life knifes and other unknown kitchen tools. The boy naer spoke much while he worked. Although sometimes cackles or laughter would be heard, sometimes disapproving grunts, sometimes he would smash a glass jar to the ground and curse at it before a bot would come to sweep it up.

But this morning, Beaux the madman lain on the deck, a breakfast unprepared for the crew. He felt sick to his stomach from the previous night, as he had been trying to work on a navigation system to install to the crows nest up way above the deck. Sickness wasn't the only thing keeping him horizontal: there was an oppressive feeling in the air. Beaux was used to air pressure, as most of the time it was comforting, but this was unlike the other air pressure he felt. This was... anxiety, worry... Shadows of doubt.

He was the first of the crew to be on deck, and he was one of them all to have been oblivious to a concealed shadow trailing and circling their vessel.

[remember the #canon-conversations tab on discord is always free for quicker conversations either in the past or present!!]

Infinite
  • JOD & BEAUX

TIME CHECK: [̵̯̎͐͠͝r̸̩̤̣̬̍̽̀͠ė̸̡̧̞͙͔̲̳̟͍̞̒̓́̿͐́d̵̟̼͉̞̮͕̱̆̍̍̋͊̃̂̀̈́͝a̵̮̱̺̤̾͂̔̃̀̓̅͝c̷̨̼̙͚̭̫̀̈́̊̋̏̕͜ẗ̸͉͍̣̭͖̗̜́̾e̴͔̬̣̤̰͆d̵̩̫͑̍̀͗̔͒̌͋͘]̸̢͕̖̝̙̄͗̈̌͛̀̀̓ͅ
    Time: [̵̯̎͐͠͝r̸̩̤̣̬̍̽̀͠ė̸̡̧̞͙͔̲̳̟͍̞̒̓́̿͐́d̵̟̼͉̞̮͕̱̆̍̍̋͊̃̂̀̈́͝a̵̮̱̺̤̾͂̔̃̀̓̅͝c̷̨̼̙͚̭̫̀̈́̊̋̏̕͜ẗ̸͉͍̣̭͖̗̜́̾e̴͔̬̣̤̰͆d̵̩̫͑̍̀͗̔͒̌͋͘]̸̢͕̖̝̙̄͗̈̌͛̀̀̓ͅ
    Location: [̵̯̎͐͠͝r̸̩̤̣̬̍̽̀͠ė̸̡̧̞͙͔̲̳̟͍̞̒̓́̿͐́d̵̟̼͉̞̮͕̱̆̍̍̋͊̃̂̀̈́͝a̵̮̱̺̤̾͂̔̃̀̓̅͝c̷̨̼̙͚̭̫̀̈́̊̋̏̕͜ẗ̸͉͍̣̭͖̗̜́̾e̴͔̬̣̤̰͆d̵̩̫͑̍̀͗̔͒̌͋͘]̸̢͕̖̝̙̄͗̈̌͛̀̀̓ͅ
    Weather: [̵̯̎͐͠͝r̸̩̤̣̬̍̽̀͠ė̸̡̧̞͙͔̲̳̟͍̞̒̓́̿͐́d̵̟̼͉̞̮͕̱̆̍̍̋͊̃̂̀̈́͝a̵̮̱̺̤̾͂̔̃̀̓̅͝c̷̨̼̙͚̭̫̀̈́̊̋̏̕͜ẗ̸͉͍̣̭͖̗̜́̾e̴͔̬̣̤̰͆d̵̩̫͑̍̀͗̔͒̌͋͘]̸̢͕̖̝̙̄͗̈̌͛̀̀̓ͅ

Juju Juju
    Zephriel

TheCrowKing TheCrowKing
    Biel

Anziium

Trektek Trektek
    Magen

@ zedmo
    Beaux

Nobody_314 Nobody_314
    Flynyas

Caywood chuckled at Magen and reached out his smooth hand towards to help her up, "My dear, there will be plenty of time to relax once we are in more of a comfortable place."

Caywood lead them though to the cliff side which descended below into a system of caverns. [[Quote from previous: Beyond the forests and canopies that surrounded the island's perimeter, was a networks of large caverns that dove deep into the surface. Waterfalls of crystalline purple water drilled deep into the surface where they pooled into viscous baths, unfastened boulders tumbled down from the flat and rocked surface and disturbed the peace below. The same trees that littered the surface snaked their way into the networks, fastening themselves to the crevices of the wall of slick grey stone. Their canopies provided what seemed to be series of olive platforms the way down into the unseen, fog-enveloped subterrane.]] Caywood snapped, his ring glinting in the fogged sunlight, a stone staircase appeared around the perimeter, the purple waterfalls opened paths to not rain down onto the stones.

Caywood lead the crew down, the heels of his shoes clicking and echoing as they descended into the cooling cavern. The bottom of the cavern was covered in a soft, green moss carpet. The purple waters cascaded into glimmering pools, which then flowed into streams that outlined a great stone entrance built into the cliff-side. The atmosphere down here was steamy, but clearing and purifying as opposed to the suffocation of the surface. On the outside of the streams were beds of luscious grass blooming erotic-scented pink, delicate, flowers.

Purifying...

The Mercury's crew's heads seemed clearer. There was no fog in their brain, there was no confusion. There was no doubt, nor difficulty remembering. There was peace. Memories of the ship, their journey, their crew was no longer locked in the fog but seemed to blow away with the wind all together. There was no past nor future, only present in this moment; only them with Caywood in this cool and crisp cavern; their destiny leading them right up to this stone archway.

The stone archway was blocked off by two great wooden doors with iron locking mechanisms. Above the doors on the tall stone archway was a blue-painted wooden plaque with a carved symbol, decorated with the finest paints ((see pic, pattern with blue background).infinatesymb.jpg

"I'd like to personally welcome you to In-Finite Hot Springs" Caywood spoke as he gestured towards the stone archway. "Inside is a paradise just for you. I assure you, you will be lost in time with our luxurious spa, our glamorous casino, our delectable bar and diner. All hosted by the most magnificent staff to ensure your enjoyment of your timeless stay here at In-finite." Caywood smiled. He returned his white pristine gloves to his hands as he walked to used the great, surprisingly not rusted, iron knockers. "I work within the professional department of Infinite, which is located within the walls of the white house at the end of the cavern - you'll see a splendid little moat surrounding it. The CEO is a very busy woman, and she should never be bothered-" Caywood chortled to himself and turned to look at his company after he knocked, "You should find me if problems ever arise. As her right hand, I see to all her public affairs. To keep such a sizable business running effectively, efficiently, and smoothly, Miss Noita should be left to her own business." Caywood waved his hand dismissively then turned back to the door as it was soon outlined in a spa-Caribbean blue. "However, I see no problems arising anytime soon. We have the most talented staff here, employed for all your relaxation and dynamic eternal needs." This last sentence seemed scripted, embedded, coded into his hard-drive... [[Magen add another +1 to next roll]].

The door in front of them came to life with the blue light outlining an etherial pattern. Swirling figures that looped together in a single strand, rotating around focal points where windows would be. The flowing lights converged inwards to the focal points where they then dripped down into more structured lines of the door; as the lights dripped down, so did the solid wood. The wood melted down into a pool of light where the threshold of the Infinite resort entrance separated it from the rest of the lush canyon floor. All the while, the sigil above the door was glowing with the same blue ethereal shimmer.

The inside was bigger than what the facet implied. The roof of the cavern implied that they were underground, but much further than what felt like they descended. Dripping from the ceiling were both white limestone stalactites and tree roots, seeming to sprout from nothing. Immediately in front of them was an expanse of plush green moss, continuing from the canyon behind them. The lawn was covered in people; all different races, faces, creatures, ages, gender or lack thereof. But they all shared a pleasant expression and body language; they were enjoying themselves, they were relaxed, they were having fun. Among the lawn where the people mingled, there were picnic blankets and baskets of food shared by companions, volleyball and badminton nets, small and friendly sport competitions, throwing discs, reading books in chairs or hammock stands. The two connected purple streams continued from the canyon into the domestic resort; wide, deep, and tranquil enough that there were people commencing water activities within them.

To the right was the Lively scene. Music and chatter flooded from within what seemed the canyon walls. With further examination, white and blue doors blended in with the white limestone which lead into rooms of entertainment. Inside the subsection of the canyon, covered by the wall were rooms from more energetic resort activities such as Casino (C), Bar (B), Diner (K), and the side of the Spa (S2) which contained features like cosmetic care (hair, nails, skin/face), hot yoga, seaweed wrap, sun beds (aka tanning beds) , and sauna.
    To the left was the Restful scene. Sounds of calming music played by harp, piano, or other stringed instruments could be barely heard through the walls covered by controlled cascading waters of the outside, which then flowed to join the purple stream. On this side of Infinite, the walls hid rooms that contained the Sleeping Pods (P), Intimate rooms (I), Library (L), and the side of the Spa (S1) which contained more relaxing and quiet features such as ablution rooms, meditation rooms, different types of baths such as mud, medicinal, hot steam, rose water, massages, heat therapy (stones, cupping), and acupuncture.
    Further down on the lawn, the two purple streams joined together to form about a metre-wide moat that surrounded a very clean, posh, white house. Between the moat and the office of Infinite was a garden of brilliant pink flowers; the same ones seen outside the stone archway. On the front facet of the house was the same symbol that appeared on the archway as well, the tri-whirlpool painted and glowing with green and deep blue tendrils that seemed to pulse.

Around the lawn, through the doors were all sorts of attendants. They all wore a light baby blue flowing, draping robe with white hems, the insignia stitched in the left breast; their hair tucked up if needed. They were barefoot, and all wore kind expressions and demeanor. They were all here to help you have the most relaxing time possible.

Caywood gestured in once the doors were down, "I welcome you friends, to In-finite."

[[PM me here on RPN which location you would like to visit/what you would like to do. The available locations are bold, or, if you look on my terrifically drawn schematic of the place, it's all the places with a yellow dot. Then, roll on the discord (sorry for website jumping) ]]
    Infinatewip.png

Last edited:
    consequences
  • JOD & BEAUX & JOD

Juju Juju
    From the horrific events that took place, the two girls and the unconscious lad made their way from the burning kitchen; a fuse slowly burning down. Although shaken, Zephriel took the lead of the two to exit out into the drab landscape where she pondered and calculated how to find her crew mates. Spa. Yes, that rung a bell. She pointed to the right of Steel Woman and herself to the room that was labeled with a now-known-poisonous-striking purple and pink flowers and rope sign of "SPA". She entered, immediately feeling a rush of relief as she spotted a familiar appearing one white-horned black tiefling. She rushed over to the man in listening to a crowd, once again reassured they might survive.

Zephriel rushed forward, grabbing the shoulder of the tiefling she though to be a sight for sore eyes.

As she was about to spill her words and describe what Beaux had done, the tiefling turned. He looked at her with one grey eye and the other white. He had a giant scar running from the top of his head down to his cheek, where then his lower jaw was unaligned and out of socket... like someone split his head with an axe of some sort. This was not Anziium. He turned on her with ghastly eyes, his jaw askew, a slight whispering moan escaping from his maw.

Zephriel stepped back, taken in surprise that this was not who she suspected. A hand clasped her shoulder, a strange warm chill extending from that point. "My my my. So the whisperings *are* true. My angel has fallen." Zephriel first saw the shoes: spotless black and white oxfords. She looked up, meeting the swirling black gaze of Caywood, with his perfect mahogany skin and perfect white hair and beard and perfect white teeth; the symbol etched into the skin on his forehead slightly pulsing in the red center. Charming, alluring, enticing. Seeing him again made Zephriel's heart flutter, her mind melting under his gaze and body loosening under his touch. The sensation of wanting to follow him and drink in every word and ever action of his came over her once again.

He started with his tongue in her language, "[My pink angel], what's with the rush? What is with the fret? All is safe and warm here." He was bent for his face to be level with hers, but then stood up as he removed his hand. With a smooth gesture, he brought forth his other gloved hand from around his back, on it perched a perfect pastry cake. Zephriel's mouth began to water; she hadn't eaten properly in what felt like an eternity, not to mention throwing up twice now. "You must eat, I insist, my darling. I must assure that you enjoy your time with us for Infinite. You mustn't worry about fitting in here, you are all welcome. This is regardless of your past failures of shortcomings in life. We will accept you. You benefit us, and we help you, young... disgraced one..."

She felt herself reaching towards the appetizing pastry cake, a small pull of her mind screaming at her to stop.

Trektek Trektek
    As Magen stepped in to the spa, Zephriel immediately rushed forth into the room. Magen was bearing a flopping Beaux over her shoulder, and although she could carry him with her good arm, it did slow her movement. He was also putrid smelling and dripping with acid. Magen watched as all activity in the room stopped. They entered immediately into some sort of reception common room. Here, most of the attendants in their robes were gathered around in a crowd; a majority grey eyes but some with white and a couple with black; most of their backs to the entrance. A tall slim man stood at the center of attention, his face full front with the entrance door, his back to the hallway that lead further in. Oh... Him... A cog of recognition whirled in Magen's mind as she saw Caywood, the shifting-swan warlock. Dressed in the same elegant and crisp outfit that he had on the surface... It all seemed very distant at this point.

Caywood was speaking to the crowd, his hands clasped in front of him as he was instructing the attendants. She only caught a small bit before Zephriel interrupted, "...-thin your stations. Commanded. Pay keen attention to those who are not exhibiting signs of the Mist. Report to me imm-" That is when Zephriel grabbed the one-horned tiefling's shoulder. Magen was able to see as all heads of the attendants' turned immediately towards Zephriel. So much for stealth.

The crowd gently parted and remained quiet as Caywood pushed through them all, then laying a hand on Zephriel's shoulder. Merely seeing him brought a warmth blossoming within Magen's chest, but her mind knew better. He wasn't aware of her presence, therefore, she wasn't effected. Zephriel, however, was in direct conversation with the warlock.

Magen felt locked in place, although Beaux felt naught. The pain of the acid snapped him from unconsciousness, the hit only knocking him out for a couple seconds. His head snapped up, his mind coming into a stinging clarity. Realising he was in Magen's grasp, he squirmed and then slipped out, falling to the floor with a thud. The noise of his movement caused Magen to shift around in attempt to contain him and shush him; her metal bodice work clanging and clicking as she moved.

The ruckus of Magen brought Zephriel's attention out of Caywood's charm, she looked over to see Beaux backing away furiously from everyone in the room, bearing his jagged shark-like rows. "Stay away from me! The lot of ye!" He hissed, cowering into a corner and holding his severely injured arm. His one good eye at the moment took a moment to furiously survey the room, "Where the hell are we?!" Magen and Zephriel took a moment to survey the room as well. With decor like an abandoned psych ward, this was the Spa. One of two; alas, Zephriel rushed into the wrong one in her haste. The Spa that contained Caywood and not Flynyas nor Anziium.

Caywood could see that his charm was lost for the moment. He straightened himself and clasped his hands together in front. "My my. All of you. This is quite unusual." He glanced to each of the three, the pendant attached to his lapel humming in sync with the pulsation of the tattoo on his forehead and exposed wrists.

Beaux didn't like this attention. Everyone was staring at him... Soulless eyes... Suffocating him... Burning him... His pointed fingers dug into his raw muscle, trying to keep himself from entering another delusional state. A GE attendant near him began to approach, slowly, holding his hands out for Beaux to stop. Beaux spat a curse at him before launching forward and tearing the ragged and long black cloak from this creature. He put it on himself, pulling the hood far over his eyes and shoulders around his now burning form.

GE was about to pull a syringe from his back loop when Caywood put his hand out, "Quite unnecessary. These are special guests." GE stopped and complied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TheCrowKing TheCrowKing Nobody_314 Nobody_314

When the two nodded at each other for confirmation, they opened the door to the supply room and stepped out. Standing immediately to the right with her back against the wall, Mari stood as a lifeless propped doll. Her soulless black eyes stared at nothing, her body precise and stiff from whatever spell she was under but disconnected from her mind. The two boys announced their presence and her head more or less lifted up, as if she was being powered back up. Nothing but her head turned towards them. "Fantastic. You look splendid." Her eye twitched. She made no mention of the added weapons and tools. "I have been informed of your posts. Please follow me. You shall both be in the library. Two of our attendants could no longer serve, and have joined Miss Hoita in their cessation." Her head clicked back into place.

Last edited:
    Hi, I'm Nostarion
  • __DISCORD CATCH UP__

BEAUX
    Beaux was nearly down the stairs when Zephriel's words reached him.
    No.
    You don't say those words to him.
    Visions of his former life in the desert town flooded him. Being pelted with rocks, being held under the hose, smashing glass against his "house" shed. Yelling at him. As soon as the word left her mouth.
    Beaux slammed his good fist into the wall of the stairwell, causing an indent. His angered strength didn't even cause him to hesitate. He turned and glared at her. His teeth extending to look akin to layers of angler fish's teeth, his pupils growing to where his full eye was mostly red.
    "Brave speaking fur someone that juist spent thair time as a scbrushti whale!! Ye better watch afore ah pluck alle o' they feathers aff o` yer scrawny ass!! Sae hulp me ah wull murdurr ye wi'oot mercy juist lik' ah did tae th' dozens doon in that hell if ye dare ca' me that again! Wey're stuck on thes journee togetha so if ye continue tae insult me ye betta belief I'll be serfing you nuthin bettar than the food ye ate downe their cowering like a FRUSGERIL!" Beaux pointed and yelled at her with his final word. His hand then reaching to his belt loop, and slowly pulling out what was once a beer bottle, filled of sickly purple foaming acid. "Ye bettah be watchin what ye eat, shuetshi" He muttered lowly, baring the animalistic rows of aquatic teeth that he bore in anger.

NOSTARION
    "Woah woah woah woah!!" Nostarion looked over from where they were, near Flynyas, to where the two most physically colorful individuals were spitting venom at each other. And the blue one actually had what looked like venom They *poofed* out from by Flynny and *repoofed* in front of Zephriel, their clothes giving a small wave as they reappeared. Nostarion held their arms out to block Zephriel from perhaps running and physically fighting. They stared at her with wide, yet warning 'stop' eyes. "Woah," They chuckled nervously, glancing behind them at Beaux. "No reason to get violent! You all escaped! Now-" They gave a nervous shrug, "Now I'm sure you're all tired, and hungry, and hurt... So that's exactly why I'm here to help! Okay? Okay!" They looked between Beaux and Zeph as well as Azni and Flynyas still on deck. "I know how to- I know how to work boats! So why don't I get this baby started, and you all go to your rooms and clean and relax... And as soon as I get us all away from this foggy reef.. I'll start making some food for everyone, yeah?" At this point, they were partially turned between Beaux and Zeph like Chris Pratt in Jurassic World with the Velociraptors.

ZEPHRIEL
    It was impossible to mask the fear that passed over Zephriel's face as those razor teeth extended, yet the real danger was in the words that poured between them. Her eyes flicked to the vial dangling from his belt, recognizing immediately what sloshed inside. As she look into those red, alien eyes she felt her breath catch in her throat, and a soft chill wear away at the edges of her snarl. Zeph had always been skilled at letting anger conceal most things, yet even now it became polluted with hot droplets of dread.
    "Poison, the weapon of cowards and snakes." she hissed with a ferocity that did not match the feelings of dizziness and sickness she felt after Beaux's words. After what she had seen, this was no idle threat. She had thought she left the monsters behind on the island, but only now did she realize there may be one sleeping across from her room. The tired terror gnawed at her once again. Zephriel narrowed her eyes at Nostarion's inturruption, but she let them speak without interruption. If anything, she was thankful that they had stepped in between herself and Beaux. The sense of relief almost made her want to weep, but instead she wrapped her arms angrily around herself and looked away from both of them.
    "Fine, do what you wish. I frankly do not care, but I'd trust you over that thing over there." she stated sharply. While she wanted to go back to her room, she would not step another foot near Beaux and would wait until he was long gone before even thinking of moving. After all that was said she doubted she would eat...or sleep for that matter.

BEAUX
    Beaux snarled, though seeming to settle down with the interference of this new creature. Apparently they planned on staying. With a breath, Beaux's eyes returned normal, his lips closing over his snarl. He replaced the vial to his belt and turned away, muttering to himself. He descend past the cabins level and down to the engine and workshop floor was. He slammed the heavy door, sending reverberations throughout Mercury.

ZEPHRIEL

Zephriel flinched at the sound of the door being slammed, but seemed to relax somewhat when Beaux had gone. She felt even more drained than before, in fact she wasn't sure if she could even get to her room on her own. A few moments ago she had been angry, but now she felt numb. Upon inspection, her hands were shaking. She closed her eyes for a long moment, shoulders sagging, until she eventually broke the silence. Her eyes opened, tired and staring at Nostarion.
    "If you are here to kill us you're doing a rather poor job at it. So that being said, why are you here? You're a Myr-kul are you not? Do you have a name?"

NOSTARION
    Nostarion lowered their hands and sighed, looking after Beaux. Their expression light up and turned to a bright smile as Zeph started talking to them, correctly identifying them . "Oh! Yes! Funny how that's been said twice! No, I'm not here to kill you, I'm here to help. I've been sent on a great journey of destiny and I believe it's my rightful path to travel along with your crew. Iros guided me along the great oceans so I may help you. I've been on your boat now for about a week I believe? I hope you don't mind that I cleaned it up a little. Thank Iros I pulled it away from the shore, the island would've dragged us down, haha!...."
    They rocked on their heels and cleared their throat a tad awkwardly.
    "Oh! Yes of course! I come from the Northern Forests of L'rune!" They took a handful of their tattered cape like rope and extended it outward as they performed a bow, their other hand tucked to their chest. "My name is Nostarion, successor of Captain Gellis of the Icen Seas! I am Myr-kul, yes." They raised back up. "And you must be an angel! Oh my word I have never seen such a splendid creature before! Your wings are... a shame to be not of their full glory. May I have your name, madame?" They half bowed, extending their hand towards Zeph.

ZEPHRIEL

Zephriel nodded her head vaguely at what Nostarion said about the ship and some prophetic call that lead them here. Her eyes narrowed with a frown when they mentioned having cleaned up the ship, remembering the repaired bow of the ship. So it must have been them. At least they seemed to be knowledgeable... even if such reliance on fate was foolhardy at best.
    As they grandly introduced themselves as Nostarion, Zeph flashed a tight, unconvincing smile,"Charmed, im sure."
    At the compliment she was left speechless, taken aback by the suddenness of it. The lesser races had often called her people angels, but she had never actually been outside of Sol'rashi long enough to actually hear it. She glanced at the ruin of her wings, and for the first time since the cave actually had the time to take in the full scope of damage. The feathers were frayed and clotted, rotting in placed from the mould of the cave.
    One of her primary wings hung limply at an odd angle, broken. Helpless tears pricked at the corners of her eyes. "No, they are quite hideous, really..." She trailed off, looking towards Anziium, the strange hobgoblin, and the door that Beaux has disappeared into. It occurred to her that there was no doctor on the ship, and they had just been victims of unknown toxins and spellcraft. Her head swam, making Nostarion's delicate face shiver in the sunlight. Since she doubted she could not stand on her own, she took up the offer of a helping hand.
    "You...you said you were a captain. I need you to sail this ship to the nearest port. We need to contact the institute... tell them what happened. The crew needs to be assessed and treated for lingering ailments...a-and I need to write up a report for the deaths of two crew staff. Kin must be notified, as procedure..."

NOSTARION
    Nostarion hesitated, as they didn't receive a name. But they nodded at the urgency of her voice. They drew themself up and looked around, their posture anew with a sense of command and confidence. "Right! Yes of course. Thank Iros I spent my several days learning the mechanics of this ship. The design is a bit complex for my taste, but efficiency is maximized through the steam and sail combination." They nodded to Zephriel as they departed to make way towards the helm, taking hold of their cloak as they attempted for a dignified exit.
    They stepped to the wheel and chart tables, glancing over the maps for a moment and muttering to themself. After a subtle confirmation, they reached to the control board. With a precision that seemed practiced and well known, Nostarion began adjusting levels, twisting knobs, flicking switches all across the board. "Power: ON. Engine to start! Clear!" They glanced around the ship to check surroundings before pushing the large button on the panel.
    The steam engine churned to life, a series of whistles and puffs of air emit from the back hulking engine as it powered to life. The birds in the area flee from their perches on the boat. With a slow maneuver of a lever, the large paddle wheel at the back of the boat began to turn, both pumping water into the engine for steam conversion as well as direction and force of the boat. Nostarion gave out a large laugh, that eventually turned into a an excited squeal where they then shuffled their feet in their happiness. "I'm sailing with the crew of Mercury!" They announced as they began to haul the wheel clockwise to turn them away from the island wreckage. And thus Mercury was set into a slow motion, paddling its way from out of the reef.

JOD
    As Mercury was slowly guided away from the bubbling waters where Duck Island and Infinite once reigned, the fog slowly became dense, the birds' calls became distant. Perhaps a bit too quickly did the sights and sounds of the island grave vanish. A low purple light of the sun and moon swallowing the steam they mix behind them with the fog.

TIME CHECK: Day 129
    Time: hour: 16:42. (Remember- 30 hour days. White sun sets at 16 (rises at 4), while red sun remains constant.)
    Destination: Outer port of the Escainian Reefs : Port of Rowrood.
    Weather: Foggy. Cold and clammy as the white sun sets. Still. Eerie

Juju Juju TheCrowKing TheCrowKing Nobody_314 Nobody_314 sheppard sheppard Caligena Caligena

Back