• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ▽Journey to Lost city of Vesi▽ [clsd]

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Intro

bonesbo

certified corrupt circus creature
You received a slip of parchment in the mail within the last year. You recognise the wax seal, Expeditions Prospering, a silvery wax with a diamond, in the center an E, and arrow as the horizontal lines.

Dear __________! Xen, 27, 3Axx1

First of all, I wanted to thank you humbly for opening this letter! Ha! With the mechs and techs so advanced these days it's a wonder anybody has time to sit and look at a piece of fancy smelling paper.
You just sniffed the paper didn't you! Haha!!

Allow me to introduce myself:
My name is Gerald Harmmish. I am the founder and retired director of the researching, exploring, scientific and anthropological organisation known as Expeditions Prospering. I am nearing the end of my life, but that does not mean my hefty helping of curiosity has diminished.
All my life, I have studied cultures, religions, legends, lore, and people all across the world. The one legend that has yet to satisfy my ending searchings: the Lost City of Vesi. There's not even that much solid proof that this exists, it's said to be one of the most mysterious culture and city in the world; why, it's a legend of course!
In my more active days, I would have boarded my ship myself with a few of my trusted friends and colleagues to set out to find the sunken city and civilisation myself. Alas, nearing four and a half centuries worth of dust has worn out my gears...

That is where you come in, my good friend! You have been given the highest of recommendations to me, Gerald, by any of my colleagues spreading the Country of Escain! I wish for you to carry out my adventure and face the dangers and thrills of the oceans to find the lost city hidden somewhere in the Karkinoah Sea! A team has been specifically crafted with your talents, abilities, and skill in tow. You and only five others have been chosen amongst thousands of recommended and applied pupils for such a quest as this! Congratulations for the highest honor!
There is danger of course, and a chance that this legend is only that: a legend. After four years of a wild-goose chase, or a successful find of the city, you may return to home base at the EP Institutes, where you will be eagerly awarded and compensated a whopping twenty million pikels! (That's 6.8 hundred thousand foudries for you Glakien folk). If you happen to bring back more than proof of the legend, such as more knowledge or artifacts or texts or technology, you will be rewarded no less than 2 million pikels for the content!

Not only will the money and journey be reward enough for you youngsters, but the adventure! Friendships! Thrill! Knowledge! You gain along the way will be tremendous to not only yourself but the lives you return to!

If you accept my offer, please show up in person (spiritually, physically, mentally) to [this address] at the hiney white crack of dawn on Fell 18, 3Axx2. Aka Home Base! EP Institutes! You're going to be on a ship for four years, but don't worry, there will be plenty of islands to explore and conquer along the way for food and refreshing your needs.
If you reject: what a loser! Who would give up an exceptional offer such as this! Don't worry. Just say [this chant] and this parchment will burn up in your hands and your name removed from our roster!

I hope to see you all bright and early on Fell 18, 3Axx2!

With deep appreciation and curiosity!
Humbly yours,
Dvk. Gerald Harmmish III
Director and Founder of EP

And at the bottom of the letter, next to his signature, Harmmish doodled a little winking face with a beard giving a thumbs up.

TheCrowKing TheCrowKing Trektek Trektek Archie Archie Juju Juju Cyan Dragon Cyan Dragon

It is a beautiful morning on the shore line of Escain. The day has finally come, Fell 18. Since the letter arrived to your mailbox, the countdown began to this morning. Perhaps you have been training, studying, worrying, waiting, or letting life pass while the day approached.

The Institute of EP stands proudly along the shoreline of a canal, its magnificent bricks on fire in the morning light. The water in the canal glimmered, as if it was entirely composed of molten metal; silver and viscous. Lawn, beautifully manicured and tended to, stretched as far as the eye could see, providing a cushion to study, nap, relax, enjoy a meal or date. Flowers littered the sides of the different buildings of the campus facilities, an arrangement of colors and sizes and smells. It almost overwhelmed the senses to the point that it was almost impossible not to view this campus as a pleasant, fruity, euphoric dream.

Along the edges of the canal was a crystalline pier, leading out into the water where a mighty ship humbly bobbed with the gravitational pulls. Through the thick glass a world within the water was seen: large golden fish with brilliant fans as fins, aquatic plants and snails on the underside of the class. Perhaps you have been waiting for so long for this day, perhaps you slightly regret it when you had to wake up very early to arrive to the EP Institute, perhaps you stopped to smell the roses.

On the edge of the dock, gazing up to the towering mast of Mercury, the ship where you will reside for the foreseeable future, was a small, stout, gnome. He stood no higher than 3 feet tall, but he held himself as if he was on top of the world. A long white beard tied in with his long grey hair, nearly dragging down in front of him as he marched back to the grassy lawn with his polished oak cane. His clothes implied he was a rugged man of earthen handiwork, but his expression told he was of immense sophistication and intelligence; perhaps too jovial for his age as well.

Gerald Harmmish, the director and founder of EP, Expeditions Prospering, smiled something of great warmth as the small diverse crew made their ways down the paths toward the dock. Between the canal and the ocean, a small man-made shoal of marshy trees created nests for fish, as well as protection from the ocean. The sun’s tendrils were barely creeping through the thicc trunks and branches, outlining the water, buildings, boat, and Director Harmmish in a brilliant, soft yellow and orange light.

A crouched figure was perched on one of the grassy banks, peering down into the water where little crabs scurried about just below the surface. His naturally wide pupils followed the trails of the creatures, undisturbed by the approaching crew mates. Beside him on the grass were two squarish suitcases, identical on the outside but on the inside, one contained considerably more weight. Tools, mech gear, nuts and bolts, bags, and other equipment stocked one of Beaux’s bags. He was a bit strange looking to be honest; long blue and purple hair, gills, webbed extremities, a flat nose, fanned ear fins(?still dk how to describe them), pale greyish bluish skin; not to mention the burnt, torn, stain covered clothes, and the cowboy hat he wore. He definitely looked like he belonged in the water; however, he looked reluctant to go any closer than he was on the bank.

Prior to this morning, Beaux Abot hadn’t been much phased by his recruitment until the week prior. Going on a journey was fun, being on a boat was not. Meeting new people was fine, being stuck with them for a long time was not. Water was not fine. Water meant… water…

Beaux had been the first to arrive. He had spent the night on campus, exploring and wandering into places he shouldn’t have gone. He was the first to arrive to the dock, but a majority of his time in waiting since had been gazing down into the water and watching the creatures. Live creatures fascinated him; nonetheless, he preferred to make his own creatures and bots. They were more predictable like that.

Harmmish clapped Beaux on the shoulder, shocking him out of his trace and nearly causing him to stumble forward into the water. The young aquatic looking boy scrambled back away from the water as Harmmish chortled a hearty laugh for such a small figure.

“Didn’t mean to scare you there! You must be Beaux. Welcome to EP Institute. I noticed you were wandering through the halls last night. Gave me the creeps to see a- ah- an uncommon figure like yourself roaming through the halls.” Harmmish’s voice was powerful for such a tiny man.

“I dinnea sleep often. I-” Beaux was interrupted by a grand gesture of Gerald to the other crew members approaching.

“Good morning! Good morning to the brand new crew of Mercury! What a wonderful morning to start exploring! Haha! That rhymed!” He grinned out to each that approached with their bags or lack thereof.

“Go ahead and set your bags down here, folks. I have a little list of announcements, words of advice, maps, et cetera et cetera to give to you all before your fantastic departure.” Gerald repeated a couple times as the crew approached from varying locations on the lawn.

Here’s the leash loosened. Describe whatever your character has been doing in the approximate 5 months up to this day since the letter arrived; describe what your character did this morning. Give some interactions between your character and other PCs. Interact with my character( Beaux) or Gerald, or make up NPCs. Describe where the come from or how they got here. It is much as your world as is mine. (These are all suggestions of what to do; there are no requirements.)

No requirements except have a hearty post with rich, workable content. There is no required length, sometimes longer things will need to take place, or make just some short dialogue between characters later on. But for now; give your characters, posts, backgrounds some meat.

Last edited:
Kyriulle|Character mentions: bonesbo bonesbo

Kyriulle paused as he stepped through the door of his apothecary shop for the last time for... well, gods knew how long. He set his bags down and held up the security token he had purchased to keep his shop safe while he was gone and activated it, watching as swirling runes glowed on the old polished wood for a moment and then faded. He had taken most of the precious plants and herbs with him for use on the journey, but most of his other belongings that he had collected over the years still remained. Besides that, he was fond of the shop, even if he was a little bored of his life here. It had been his for several decades, after all. The Kirin gazed upon the unassuming storefront for a moment longer before gathering his two bags and heading for the port, pondering on the odd circumstances of it all.

Five months ago he had received a letter in the mail and had been a little taken aback - and more than a little suspicious. It could very well be a ploy to draw him out if some smart hunter had discovered his true identity. The idea frightened him - he'd have to uproot everything he'd built here and flee once again. And yet, instead of throwing the paper in the low-burning fireplace like he knew he should, he read on. He cared little for the extravagant amount of money offered - he more than made enough to support himself with his little shop. No, what appealed most to him was the idea of adventure - of seeing parts of the world he hadn't yet seen. It was odd, and he knew he shouldn't feel this way, but he missed seeing the world while he was on the run. Yes, he liked the security and peacefulness of his life here, but there was something about seeing new sights every day that he couldn't forget. Wanderlust, he'd heard this feeling called. He was sure he would have left himself long ago if it wasn't for his fear holding him here. But this... he wouldn't be alone on this adventure. It was that idea of security that swayed Kyriulle to go on this journey.

To prepare he had to ensured he had a good stock of medicinal plants and herbs, and dry and prepare them for a journey. He practiced his magic here and there, but he already had a good grasp on his abilities so he wasn't worried. He had saved a modest amount of coin and stored it in one of his pouches in case he needed it, but he didn't often make purchases besides basic supplies. Supplies including a decent stock of his preferred rations. These were a little harder to get a good stock of; as a Kirin he ate a solely vegetative diet and finding meat-free rations that still had a good amount of nutrients was difficult, but he managed. And now here he was, embarking on this journey with complete strangers to fill a need he almost wished he didn't have.

Kyriulle took his time walking to the pier, gazing at the familiar streets for one last time and casting a polite nod in greeting to his frequent customers as they paused to bid him farewell. Many had been sad to hear of his departure, but he had left each of his customers who he was fond of a nice bundle of plants and herbs to last them a good while at no cost. It had been rather bittersweet, but it was the start of a new chapter for him. Finally the pier came into sight and Kaito gazed out over the silvery water as he approached, the beauty of his making his heart warm. Yes, this would be a rewarding journey, he was sure of it. His blue eyes sparkled at the thought and stopped for a moment just to stare, the light breeze making his long, neatly styled and partly tied teal-blue hair sway.

Finally Kyriulle tore his eyes off the sight and continued down to their pier, where he was startled by the over-enthusiastic greeting of grey-haired gnome. The Kirin gave a somewhat guarded smile but said nothing in return, opting to keep his bags with him rather than drop them where the gnome had indicated. Though he had gotten up early to arrive in plenty of time, he noticed he wasn't the first to arrive as he looked to the water's edge. There sat a strange mer-boy, if you could call him that. Really, his features and thus race were unfamiliar to the Kirin, though he did find his coloration striking. He knew he should introduce himself - he would be spending a rather long time with the rest of the crew - but the mistrustful nature he had developed caused him to steer clear and stand at the water's edge a little ways farther down, staring out into the water until it was time to embark and wondering what lay in store.

Last edited:
The time had come. Her father had been gone on his trip to search for Zayin for far too long. It had been ages since his last letter, and that letter had been far back dated since before it had managed to arrive to her. Speaking of strange distant lands and even stranger customs. Where had her father and sister gotten themselves into, she had wondered to herself. And would it ever even be possible to travel after them and follow their journeys? She was not a world wide traveler. Her and her sister had performed mercenary work, but that was really mostly locally within and without the city.

The house had been immense without her family. The house itself was not exceptionally large, but it was large enough and comparatively spacious to homes round it. Her father had come from some wealth, though he had apparently never settled down with anyone. Something she had been told had been a point of contention with his family, though she had never interacted with any of them. They did not want anything to do with him or her and her sister. And she felt no kinship with them to try to track them down when her sister and father went missing.

The workshop no longer rang out with the clangs and hisses of her father working on the latest upgrade for her or her sister or another new contraption that was going to make them all rich. It was always something that was going on. Her sister always in the workout room, preparing for the next fight or battle that they would have to be a part of for some new client. There were always caravans that needed guards or Monsters that needed to be taken care of, either for parts or just to defend some farmers flocks. She liked to just look out the window from the second floor and look at the people below, wondering how their lives were and what they did. She knew that her life was not the ordinary. The life of a mercenary robot powered by gears and steam was anything but ordinary.

She was shaken out of her thoughts as her gears clicked lightly by the arrival of a letter underneath the door. And it was addressed to her. She was impressed that her work had gotten around at all. Although this Harmmish sounds quite connected so it shouldn't be that much of a surprise. This was it. Yes. This was the chance that she was waiting for. It would be her opportunity to venture forth into the world and possibly find her family, or at least get out and moving.

In the five months since she had received the letter, she had brushed up on various sea charts and made sure to stay current on her fighting abilities. After all, if she was going to be on a voyage into the unknown, it would not do to be caught flatfooted and unprepared for possible dangers. Especially if there were people counting on her abilities to keep them safe. She would use her powerful strength to protect the crew and hopefully learn some wonderful things about the world in the process.

As she left the family home, she locked up one last time. She might never return, which for her was a strange feeling because this place had always been the one place that she would return to, in all the years of her life. Even though her life experience was far lacking compared to others, it was all hers and she would miss this place. No matter what happened, it would always be her home, the place that she spent with her sister and father. The place with many happy memories.

It didn't take too long before she managed to arrive at the Institute of EP with her trunk filled with spare parts, just in case something breaks beyond her capability to repair. The facility was exactly where the address from the letter said that it should be. This was exciting. As she walked up, she watched and listened to a man who from his flamboyant and exuberant attitude, must be Gerald Harmmish . She smiled as she approached.

"Good Morrow Director Harmmish." She gave a slight bow. "I am honored that you had considered me for this journey and to join your crew. I hope that I can make you proud and show that I am worthy of that choice."

She placed her bags down in the location that he had signaled as she waited for the other members of the crew to arrive. There were already two others that had arrived, but she decided that it might be better to interact with them after they were briefed on what the Director wished to tell them. She wouldn't want to not hear something important.

Hengist
Mentions: @trektrek, Cyan Dragon Cyan Dragon , bonesbo bonesbo

"Yes, that's the manuscript, here you go" said Hengist, fumbling through te messy desk in his hotel room as his literary agent, dressed in a black three piece suit waited on the outside of the room.

"Oh, and since I'll be going away for a while, why don't you take this with you?" he asked, pointing to his typewriter. These were rare, manufactured directly by Telerman Corporation in the capital. Lady Fortienne had given the device to him four months ago, to help him write his book. Hengist now prided himself on being able to type 140 words per minute, according to his own biased timing and drunken boasts.

"I already have one of those" the spectacled Elf replied to him. His literary agent, Mr. Sythcombe, was a short and unusually plump elf, but was sharp as a razor when it came to finding contracts and negotiating with others. His personality was always this stone cold.

"Please, I insist" said Hengist.

"No" said the elf, before he started flipping through the pages. Sythcombe could read about a page a minute, an impressive speed. By the time Hengist had slammed his other belongings in his large suitcase, the elf had already finished three pages.

"There are errors all over. Gods damn, can you use commas in your sentences?"

"Well that's your job to fix them! I'm going away now, on really important business" Hengist boasted, his gravelly voice dropping in pitch for authoritative value.

"Do you know how many people are lining up for me to be their agent?" asked Sythcombe

"Enough for you to pick the best of the best - in this case, that's me. Just get some intern to fix the typos. You've probably read about my expedition in the papers-" Hengist started, before getting a brilliant idea and stopping himself.

"-say, since you don't want my typewriter, how about I write you another book aboard the ship with it?" he suggested, grabbing the thing and lifting it under his left arm as his long legs beelined to the door.

"I read about it in the local paper. You're not as famous as you think, Blumenthal"

Blumenthal, Hengist thought. Sythcombe was the only man who was so rigid that after half a year of working with Hengist, they still weren't on a first name basis.

"Yeah, okay" Hengist said, leaving the room and turning down the hall.

"I'm going to be late. See you Sythcombe. Publish by year's end like our contract says!" he said. The elf just shook his head and didn't bother saying goodbye.

---

The large dark haired man exited his black carriage, tipping the driver twice his normal amount, near the docks owned by the EP institute. Hengist was dressed in a brown coat and pants, with a white dress shirt underneath. It was hot, but temporary - he could always undress on the ship for the benefit of his crew. Hengist lugged his typewriter and his suitcase towards the dock, powerwalking. He was grinning uncontrollably, excitement bubbling up inside of him at the prospect of being at sea again, aboard his own ship, going to the legendary isle of Vesi! Director Hamilton had made the right choice - there was no better captain in the world than Hengist Blumenthal, at least in his own mind.

When Hengist was near the docks, he saw around him four people already assembled. First, a Kirin was distant at another point near the waterline. Near him were a robot, a merman of some sort, and a gnome. He had heard in the local tavern that the gnome was the EP's director. The man seemed friendly, if a bit eccentric as he welcomed the crew.

"Good morning, Gerald" Hengist said, "very nice ship you have here" he added, before turning to the robot who was also making introductions.

"I'm Hengist, good to meet you" he said, setting down his giant suitcase and typewriter, before sticking out his hand. He wasn't sure if steam-bots followed the same customs, but, like with most other things, Hengist acted without another thought.

BEAUX

Beaux stood up as his new members approached the thick glass dock. He took another look towards the waters as they gently caressing their fluid fingers over the surface of the shimmering crystal platform. Instead of feeling a sense of ease and tranquility that one may get when they watch gentle waters, Beaux felt a deep rooted fear bloom in his stomach. Images of black mud covered his eyes and filled his throat. His non-functional neck gills shut and his ear fanned-fins laid back against his head as the pit fell deeper and deeper into his pitch of a stomach.

His memorisation of the waters was broken by another figure approaching the banks. Beaux had to do a double take of the man next to him to make sure an illusion of himself was not being cast beside him. "Yer hair is blue!" He exclaimed at Kaito, peering over. He gently stepped over, his gills and fins relaxing as he was struck of the image of another creature looking similar to his own.

Beaux had never seen another creature with blue hair before. Well, not that he could recall. He only had about two years total of working memory, anything past the point where he woke up in the brink of death by dehydration was... Well it was black. If he strained too hard to focus on the memories, he would hear a screeching in his head before fainting from extreme head pains. It had gotten better over time.

His memories started from a point when he woke up, in the middle of a hot and dry and dusty field, nothing to the horizon but yellow grasses. The only small village he found was after a full days walk. All the occupants of the town were mostly human, elven, orcish, and any combination in between. It was a passive farming town on the outskirts of the major city of Mullust, so there were frequent shipments of compressed gases in cans and other tools and supplies for the humble town. Beaux found his joy by stealing some spare parts left in the sheds and barns and tinkering with them. Soon, his tinkerings and creations and tools and mechs began to help the town flourish and grow their agriculture and society in general. When the truck came to deliver parts, mostly for Beaux's workshop at this point, it was also take his goods back to the city and sell for his profit (which then he used to buy more supplies and gear for the town (and himself)).
The truck that became a symbol of profit and hope also soon became a symbol for escape.
When the letter mysteriously arrived, it arrived on an uncommon mail truck. It was a whole town-wide event to come greet any sort of truck, so of course Beaux was there as well. Beaux had spent several hours trying to read and translate the words on the page; for some reason, it hurt his head to try to read the Common. He supposed he hadn't... He hadn't read in the entire time he was in the town. They had signs with pictures. All the cooking and creating he did was based on instinct embedded into his hands. He could look at a cookbook and know exactly what was needed for the recipe without needed to look over the words. So when the letter came, he had his 'brother' help translate it for him. Needless to say, Beaux was in shock. He spent hours in his shop (old shed converted into a mech-work place with a steam engine), looking over the paper he couldn't read. It was obvious that he needed to go. Beaux needed to get out of the dusty town. But, it was also obvious that the news of his need elsewhere spread a solemn mood across the town. Even though he was bullied for his strange appearance and dialect, he had become a staple of their industry and economy. They couldn't let him leave... They wouldn't.

He left at the next truck exportation. Everyone came to the loading station when it arrived, but by the time everything was unloaded, everyone went about their business. Beaux shuffled his way into the back of the dark and musty truck, and left for whatever city it was going. Not a word to anyone. He had no sympathy for the town.

So there Beaux was, staring at a figure that somewhat resembled him. Kaito had taken notice of the mer-boy at this point. "Oi! You've got blue hair!" Beaux removed his tattered, straw cowboy hat and thrust it into the blue-hair gentleman that was significantly taller than him. His peacock coloured hair and antennae were back in a tie, looking like his hair hadn't been cared for in a good amount of time; grease and grass and dirt were tied in with his hair and turquoise antennea.

The young looking man appeared excited, almost in a relieved sense. His excitement only grew when his wide eyes shifted over to glinting metal. Ohhhh how he could've melted on the SPOT! An animated, sentient, humanoid mech!! Beaux left his hat on the chest of Kaito and walked to the tall, tan man and the feminine machine.

"Ye a livin' one! What dae ye run on? Steam? What powers ya? Tae what extent do ya function? Oh magnificent! 'at really es wild. Look at em wee wires and bolts! Ah naer had anythin' like this! How old are ye? " Beaux completely injected himself between Hengist and Magen. He flit around the clockwork woman like an excited pup dancing for a goody. He gently tapped different components of her body, peered in at her inner-workings, pulled at the shield on her back all the while rapid-firing questions about her makings. His gentle and padded fingers were cool to the touch on her 'skin', but nonetheless invasive. He soon pulled a pair of lenses from his knotted hair, flicking a series of smaller glasses in front as he stood behind her and began to fiddle with some loose work around her shield.

There was an awkward second before a click and a steam release from where he was meddling. A bolt's threads were crossed and a plate on her shoulder was not sitting properly, most likely causing an amount of discomfort. He pat her shoulder before standing back and grinning, "There. Tha' should do et. I'm Beaux, short fur Beaux. De ye have a name?" He looked up to the robot woman. Faint scales on his skin just barely began to shimmer akin to the water in the low, orange, morning light.

Last edited:
Kyriulle| Mentions: bonesbo bonesbo Trektek Trektek Archie Archie

Kyriulle had begun to lose himself in his own thoughts as he stared out over the glittering sea, like he so often did in crowds and social situations. He wasn't particularly... good with people or, well, being social in general. It startled the blue-haired man when the mer-creature exclaimed suddenly, and only when he began to approach did Kyriulle realize he'd exclaimed at him. His posture took on an unconsciously defensive stance, body turning to face the boy as he approached and arms raised slightly in front of him.

Surprise turned to unease as the boy exclaimed again and pointed out Kyriulle's blue hair with such enthusiasm. The spell he chose to take human shape was complicated, but not enough that he was able to choose his appearance. Aspects of his beast form had come through - namely his hair and eyes, both a striking shade of blue - and he had been dismayed at first. Thankfully he had been able to explain away his non-traditiinal human hair color by saying he wasn't from these lands, which was true. Most believed him without hesitation. Still, having someone point out his features so aggressively put him on edge. He couldn't help it; if he was exposed he could be in danger. He had no idea if any of the crew members hunted extraordinarily rare beasts as a hobby and he didn't care to find out. No, he'd been close to death too many times for that.

Kyriulle was about to speak up when the mer-creature shoved his old, worn hat at his chest, causing the Kirin's eyes to go wide and suck in a panicked breath. He dropped the hat as the boy turned away and slipped his hand inside his shirt, grasping the ivory token that hung at his chest and sighing in relief to find it intact. It was the token that allowed him to maintain his humanoid form, made from a piece of his own horn and imbued with his magic and essence. If it were to be broken, he would immediately be exposed. Kyriulle watched as the mer-creature who'd nearly given him a heart attack fussed over the robotic woman next and glanced down at the hat by his foot with slightly pursed lips.

Well. This was as good an excuse as any to approach the rest of the crew, he supposed.

Kyriulle bent and picked up the hat along with his bags and approached the others, eyes shifting to each in turn with a guarded wariness. The robotic woman was an intimidating figure and the dark-haired man was much too boisterous for the Kirin's liking, and the mer-creature - whose name he had overheard to be 'Beaux' - well, he had already seen how that introduction had gone. He stopped just out of arm's reach of the closest of the three and handed Beaux's hat to him.

"...I believe that is yours," he began. His voice was soft, calming, almost musical, and very proper. He eyed the others once Beaux had taken his hat back, hesitating before continuing. "My name is Kyriulle. It's a pleasure." If that was true remained to be seen, but a couple decades as a shopkeep taught him basic politeness if nothing else.

Last edited:
While she was waiting for the briefing however, she was approached by one of the new arrivals. That in itself was certainly not unusual. She had just finished introducing herself to the man in charge when she turned to face the man who was greeting her who introduced himself as Hengist. Interesting name to say the least. But truly, with people coming on this journey from all different places and walks of life, names were the least of the thing that was about to be commonplace amongst this group. They were to be a crew together on an absolutely outrageous and exciting journey, but wow. Oh wow. He was definitely and certainly a handsome man, a very handsome man. Not only that but he was talking directly to her and holding out his hand to shake.

Oh my! Was it suddenly getting hot out here in the outside. Her gears began to turn just a little bit faster. Hopefully the sounds would not be noticeable or at least not that noticeable to the others who wouldn't be listening for sounds that were a different variance and radiance than then the ones that she normally gave off. If she were a living flesh and blood creature and not one made out of metal and steam related parts, she would most likely be blushing right about now. Time almost seemed to slow down. Calm down Magen, it's just a handshake. He doesn't even know you from a hole in the wall. You are just both two perfectly normal strangers. No need to get worked up about anything. AH yes. She could feel the gears begin to slow down slightly as she reached for his hand and gave it a hardy shake.

"Pleasure to meet you Hengist. My name is Magen." Her voice was very sing songy in an alto sort of way and after speaking, she followed up with a smile.

She was about to follow those words up with something more elegant and actually conversational like actually asking him about what made him want to take a journey such as this when all of a sudden she heard a loud and fast pitched talking man who threw himself inbetween her and Hengist, not giving her any breathing room so to speak or to get a word in edgewise as she started getting poked and prodded.

"Um...excuse me....how dare you...." The pokes and prods began to get more and more invasive. Fiddling with her shield was one thing, but touching her wires and looking at her insides were quite another. "...this is highly peculiar......will you please stop.....gah...why are you doing this???!!!" She couldn't react fast enough as she attempted to swat him out of the way of being an annoying little troll when she heard a click and felt and heard the release of steam.

"Ahhhhh." A sudden happy sigh was released from her lips as it all clicked into proper place. She started moving her shoulder in a rotating motion now that it was in a better spot. "That was bothering me for some time. I had dislodged it during my last mission and just couldn't fix that by myself. It was in a hard to reach place."

While she was happy that he did manage to fix something that was damaged in her, she was still not happy about all the invasive poking, prodding and questions that had been going on, but she held out her hand. "Well, Beaux, my name is Magen. And while I appreciate that you fixed something on me, I would also appreciate if you would ask before touching me all over. It is very rude to touch a lady in such a manner without first gathering permission."

She turned to the other person who had walked over and not wanting to be rude, she gave a small bow, "Pleasure to meet you Kaito, My name is Magen."

In the weeks that followed the letter's arrival The Great Library of Sol'rashi had been abuzz with excitement. Like bloat flies to a fresh corpse, the scholars had swarmed Zephriel as soon as they had heard the news, bombarding her with questions and endless requests for specimens on her journey...not that she didn't mind the extra attention. Countless debates were sparked in the lecture halls, questioning and theorizing on the authenticity of reports and legends of this so-called Vesi. In a matter of days the library had been divided in two, those who supported the scattered findings of long-dead historians and explorers, and those who harboured skepticism. By the third day, there were hefty bets placed on the final truth Zephriel would uncover.

In all her time at the library, Zephriel had never seen such controversy, though it was nice to see new energy in the normally bland lectures. Either way, she was going to find out whether the legendary city existed. For months she pilfered the library's collection in search of any and all accounts of the legendary city. Passing tales of sailors, salt-stained maps (each seeming to have a different idea of the location), and even records of shipwreck patterns in the major oceans. Anything that was relevant she made sure to borrow or create a copy, putting aside for future use on her journey.

The months of preparation seemed to fly by, each day filled with instructional lessons while the nights were spent pouring over books and scrolls about cartography, celestial navigation, ship mechanisms, specimen collection, and any other subject remotely useful for her journey. Finally, there was only one week to go, and as prepared as Zephriel was, she was taken by surprise when her mentor bestowed upon her his Infinity Tomb to record the journey. It was the single greatest honour she had ever received, even above being selected for membership, and it was all she could do to prevent herself from tearing up from joy.

"I thought it was time a new entry was added into this old thing. You will look after it, I trust?" her mentor had said, the shadow of a smirk on his face. In the silence between them, the light fell through stained-glass, mixing with the lazy, golden motes of dust. She could still see its glow in his trusting grey eyes, stirring something that she wondered should belong to a father.

// Fell 18, 3Axx2 //
Zephriel ran a slender finger along the book's gilded edge, her eyes following the impossibly detailed runes skittered into the metal. "Yes..." she murmured, echoing the words she had said on that day. I'll make you proud.

To those standing around, a shadow passes overhead. Above them is a flying carriage drawn by four white, winged horses. It loops for several circles, descending slowly, before finally landing upon the cobblestones.

A servant opened the golden door with a bow, holding it open for Zephriel and helping her out. Three others hurried to unlock the cargo compartment, beginning to haul the multiple trunks filled with books, maps, scrolls, clothes, and miscellaneous instruments needed for research into the ship. An entire crate filled with glassen vials, marked with a deep red "FRAGILE", clinked merrily as it was lifted.

The pink-haired woman strode away from the servants and the golden carriage, completely ignoring the group of strangers save for the short man with the long beard. From many descriptions, she knew this one to be Gerald Harmmish. The chronicler had an air of sophisticated calm about her as she spoke, though the tips of her wings gave a slight twitch. Was she really meeting THE founder of EP?!

"Zephriel Starwind," She said, introducing herself with a formal bow, "My mentor and Grand Maester of The Great Library of Sol'rashi, Aethron, sends his regards." Zephriel straightened, gripping her fancy book under one arm. "He speaks very highly of you, and I must admit that your work is most remarkable. Truly among the finest contributions to exploration. I am honoured to have been selected for this expedition."

Clouds of dry earth arose from the landscape with each footstep as the soles of the leather knee-high boots planted firmly into the soil. Across the barren landscape strode a solitary figure, cloaked in several layers of clothing to protect themselves from the scorching sun and occasional steam that arose from erupting heat vents. Their origins ensured the massive waves of heat would do them no harm, but extra precautionary for one’s well-being shouldn’t be scoffed at. Upon their shoulders were a secured woven basket, filled to the brim with vibrant vegetation that thrived in this harsh climate. The figure had just returned from securing a couple weeks worth of food for themselves, unsuccessful in the hunting aspect of it, but plentiful in gathering. Feet carrying them further into the desolate city, they passed by several buildings of blackened stone that rose above the barren landscape as beckons of civilization, or what once was; Among the cluster of structures, one rose above them, a glass and steel giant towering over the area.

It was here that our gatherer navigated, coming to the large glass doors that had managed to stand their own against the battle of time. Pounding the bottoms of their boots against the stone steps to rid themselves of filth, there was a falter in their actions as something caught their gaze. Upon the door was a sleek envelope, held together with a waxen sealed and addressed to none other than himself. The male gingerly took the parchment between his gloved fingers, an instant rush of unease settling over him as he could only think of one possibility as to its contents. Moments passed by as his bronze gaze stared hard at the unopened letter, it crinkling softly in his grasp as he contemplated feeding it to the steam vents. It took some debate, but he finally crammed it deep within his pockets so he could enter his refuge to escape the sun.

The library consisted of seven floors, starting from works of nonfiction at its base to a closed off observatory deck that was welcome to all visitors that wished to enjoy their books among the sky. It was here the individual ended up once they had ascended those numerous flights of stairs, coming to a small area that had been converted into a living space. A pallet of blankets took up a small section of the floor whilst the every other corner housed dusty tomes, scrolls, and maps. It was a hazardous room, but one in which the male knew enough by now that he was easily able to navigate while simultaneously reading.

Stepping mindfully, the male placed himself on a rickety stool that overlooked a far too tiny desk, it littered with unidentified stains and scorchmarks. His fingers reached forth to produce a dagger that lie embedded in the wood, prying free the waxen seal to read the contents. As before, he had went silent as his gaze licked across the page, an expression of disgust and overall nauseous overtaking him. There was no way he was ever going on that trip, not after last time--

---

Before him loomed Mercury, the massive ship he would soon be calling home. The watercraft gently bobbed in the canal of the Institute of EP, awaiting the crew that would breathe life into her. Wind whipped against the siding of the ship, only to sweep across the waves to cut sharply into the sodden male. His form shivered briefly as it did so, silently muttering some foul words about his current condition. Thankfully enough, his large duffel bag slung across his back was waterproof, or else all his belongings would have been in ruins. All thanks to someone-

He slopped his raven-feather hair upon his chest as he walked, wringing it out so it had the chance to begin drying. It was already turning out to be a distasteful trip, and he hadn’t even boarded the ship yet. About a month or so before today’s date, he had went out of his way to contact an associate he had met some odd years ago. The recluse had asked of him his opinion on the letter, whether he should just burn the damned thing and carry on with his life as he had. Much to his dismay, his companion had insisted he go, as not to just get him out of his hidey-hole, but to also find a closure to his last adventure. Unfortunately, he had a point, and before he knew it, he had already accepted the invitation. Up until today, he had remained anxious on the whole thing, but finally departed what he had called home, leaving it for the next wandering soul to take homestead there.

Anziium’s cheeks blossomed into shame as it appeared he was late in meeting up with what he assumed to be the rest of the crew. They all seemed to be getting along just fine, he coming to a halt several yards away as he observed them. You could walk away from it, it isn’t too late. They haven’t seen you yet. Turn around. Biting his tongue, he couldn’t help but silently agree with his inner self, wanting so desperately to return to his home. Yet, as he had just about done so, a bolt of orange, black, and white shot out from the confines of his cloak. His hands shot out to catch the oddity, only to have it slip between his fingers and scamper over towards the mingling individuals. Of course, this wasn’t before he had gotten a spurt of water shot into his face, yet again today.

{Insert the critter that came over}

Attachments

• critter.jpg
    critter.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
BEAUX & HARMMISH

TheCrowKing TheCrowKing Juju Juju Cyan Dragon Cyan Dragon Archie Archie Trektek Trektek

Beaux looked up at the mechanical woman, his wide and deep pupils staring into her. It seemed he had his own gears in his head that turned to process what she said. It seemed that he wasn't phased by her comments. He gently mouthed the words "very rude to touch a lady" to himself, processing. "Ah. Sentient. Bonnie." Beaux nodded in maybe not-so-complete understanding of that encounter, but his mind was shifted into another direction as someone approached him.

Beaux blinked down at the hat being handed to him, "Oi! This is like me own. I thank ye." Beaux took his hat back and replaced it to his head. "Kaito? Aye. Beaux. Short for Beaux. Call me Beaux." Beaux lightly pulled on the brim of his hat. It didn't sit right on his head due to his massive amount of hair pulled back into a tie, but for some reason it worked with his... vibe...

"Ah be yer local hooligan. Man of many talents, ya ken? Cook, mechanic... uh... Engineer. Tha's what ma lettah said. I think." Beaux began to say to Kaito, but looking off in a direction without a focal point.

Beaux's wandering eyes were drawn upward as the winged creatures and carriages made a grand entrance. He stared awestruck at the creature that stepped from the carriage, never having seen many things with wings besides small desert birds. His feet carried him away from Kaito and towards the carriage, but instead he whirled around when something orange dashed past him. Beaux nearly shrieked, which sounded more like a garbled, high-pitched squawk. Beaux spent several seconds crouched down and watching the small thing scurry around, mumbling to himself about the mechanics of the creature. He watched the pattern it ran and scurried around, his arms readying forward. When the familiar scurried just close enough to Beaux, Beaux leaped and clasped his hands around the ferret thing. Beaux began to screech again as the creature squirmed in his grip, then spurt water in his face before hopping out. Beaux froze in fear as the water dripped from him, just before Gerald started.

Gerarld Harmmish greeted and bowed to everyone that approached him, a huge, thankful smile on his squatted face.

As soon as everyone was on the grass lawn near the dock, Gerald took his cane and gave four mighty taps to the glass, getting everyone's attention. "Welcome! Welcome! I'm thrilled to see you all making acquaintances with each other! Anziium! Come over, come come! We won't bite!" Harmmish waved his hand forward.

"Now! Before you all board, I have a few things to go over! I had the world map here and a few words of advice. Once we board, I'll give a little tour."

"I don't mean to take words straight from the horses mouths but, haha! Not to say that you're all horses! Haha! That would be ridiculous! But perhaps you might see some hippocampi along the way!" Gerald brought everyone over into a semi circle around him as he stood on the dock. "Anyways..." Gerald cleared his throat before climbing onto one of the dock posts, standing about eye level with Beaux now.

"Welcome! Thank you all for agreeing to such a great quest. You will all make such wonderful discoveries and memories along the way to even much more of a treasure! Allow me to introduce myself: I am your host, Gerald Harmmish! Well, not really your host but your benefactor!" He gave a small, old man bow. "I am so pleased that all of you showed up! Whether it is for the adventure, knowledge, or money, I am sure you will have a great time. Before you are your new peers and friends. All of you were specifically chosen for this adventure due to your extraordinary skills and talents. You all are achieving such a dream of mine to go abroad and find such a legendary city!"

"Captain Hengist Blumenthal! Your captain, leader, inspiration! As great as the legends appear! He will be your leading iron fist- well, not literally since we have our defender here-" He gestured to Magen, "Captain Blumenthal was an obvious choice for such daring adventure as this!
Miss Magen of Tek! Your literal iron fist, a mind and body of steel, but also a fair and fair maiden, of both meanings of the word.
Sir Kaito! Kaito will serve as your magical wishes! As a practicing apothecary with perhaps a bit of fancy fingers on the side, he's the perfect balance between brain and brawn!" Harmmish winked at Kaito.
Harmmish was gesturing to each person and giving them a good introduction. Beaux was meanwhile sitting down in the grass, his fingers pulling at grass blades and weaving them together while he listened.
Gerald continued, " Lady Zephriel Starwind of Sol'rashi! This beautiful young lady represents your brains! As a wonder and star student from her land, she's probably smarter than the whole lot of you combined! Haha!" Gerald put his hand to his gut while he chortled at his little tease. "Nevermind that! Zephriel will serve as your Chronicler! She is in charge of the maps, documenting your journey, and translation between companies.
Master Anziium Petrichoras! Serving you as the peacekeeper, diplomat, the voice of the group towards other parties! Hopefully you won't encounter too many hostile parties, but if you do, Petrichoras will be the one to smooth talk you out of that nasty business.
Last but not least, Mister Beaux! This young man not only has an exotic personality but exotic mind and quite skillful hands! He will serve as your artisan for this journey! Skilled from areas of mechanics, engineering, cooking! Beaux doesn't know it yet-" Beaux looked up from his mini woven blanket of grass, "But some of his designed parts are a part of your mission! This ship is only 1 year old, built with the highest tech of the land and fastest filtration units of steam. We did have to make a few modifications from your part, boy, hope you don't mind. Wasn't too capable with out other units and it just a little bit exploded on us. Hopefully when Beaux cooks for you all it won't be as metallic and explosive as some of his works, Haha!"

Gerald Harmmish gestured to Mercury, bobbing behind them. "We will go aboard in just a moment. Excuse me while I go and run back inside to gather your maps and keys." Gerald hopped down from his post and started to hobble back towards the main campus buildings.

Last edited:
Magen watched Beaux as he began to look up at her all bright eyed as though his mind was working through what she had said. Through him mouthing the words that she had said, it could be seen that something must have gotten through that jabbering skull of his.

"Yes. I am a sentient female robot." She said as a matter of factly to Beaux, still a bit annoyed at being poked and prodded so. Especially with it being in front of other people. But perhaps she couldn't fault him. He did seem to be an excitable fellow and overeager as well. Hopefully he wouldn't do that again and they wouldn't have any problems. Maybe it was just the case of getting off on the wrong foot and they could start anew. It really wouldn't do to be at odds with anyone considering they were all going to be traveling companions on a long and treacherous journey together.

She looked over and saw the two new arrivals. With that, it looked as though the crew was complete. An interesting and diverse crew to be certain. They seemed to contain many races, from all walks of life. With such different experiences, if nothing else, the stories to be told during the journey shouldn't be boring at least.

Her attention went back to their benefactor, Gerarld Harmmish as he began to speak. She gave him her full attention as she did not want to miss a second of what was sure to be an important and memorable speak before they board the boat and shove off into the unknown. She listened intently to each word, idiom and little bit of word play as it went by.

Magen smiled at her mention. It was kind of him to refer to her as fair in both senses of the terms. It was nice to be taken in that manner as not everyone did nor did they always give her the time of day and at times, thought her merely as an unfeeling machine that only followed orders without thought or care in the world. But she was an advanced piece of machinery, the type that could think and feel, that could exist as a person with their own hopes and dreams. She was an individual who was now off to see and explore the world at large, to dive deeply into the unknown and ferry across the sea.

This was her chance to get away from anything that she ever knew. And it was terrifying. There was a certain comfort in the familiar, even if it was just living in the same place, doing mercenary work. Even without her sister and father, there was a still the sense of familiarity that everything would be alright. But here and now, she was taking that security blanket away for adding in new knowledge and experience. Who knew what they would find out there? It was both exciting and scary. But, perhaps that was a part of life and moving on. It was a hurdle that she needed to conquer and conquer it she shall.

She listened as to the name and position of each member of the team: The Captain, The Magician, The Chronicler, The Diplomat, The Cook/Mechanic and herself. Combined they were an interesting bunch, and probably a group that if not for this endeavor by such a man as Harmmish, would never have gotten together in the same room at all.

As Gerald walked back to the building to gather the maps and keys, she turned to the group, placed her hands behind her back and spoke. "Well, this is certainly looking to be an interesting journey, isn't it?" She smiled. "Hopefully we can all get to know each other better."

Kyriulle| Mentions: bonesbo bonesbo Trektek Trektek Juju Juju TheCrowKing TheCrowKing

Kyriulle was a little nervous that he'd be drug into conversation with the other three crew members when Magen introduced herself and Beaux began to talk to him... or so he thought. It was hard to tell, the way his wide eyes wandered. He was trying to put together a decent reply when a shadow fell across them. He looked up to watch as a lavish carriage with four beautiful winged steeds floated to the ground. The theatrics that followed before a young, winged woman stepped out seemed strange to him. She ignored all of them in favor of Harmmish, which was fine with Kyriulle. Less interaction.

The group was disrupted again when a small orange, white, and black creature darted into their midst and scampered about, causing a scene. He grimaced slightly when Beaux grasped it, feeling sorry for the creature and glad when it spouted water and escaped. He was about to help the poor thing when Harmmish interrupted him with his boisterous voice, greeting them again and introducing them one by one. His own introduction and caused Kyriulle to shrink away from the attention a little. He hadn't even noticed the latest arrival until Harmmish pointed him out and called him over. His soaked appearance led Kyriulle to draw the conclusion that the little creature must belong to him.

Anziium. He looked as uncomfortable as Kyriulle felt, and that gave the Kirin a strange sense of relief. At least the entire crew wasn't so... loud. He stepped away from the main group with a somewhat friendly nod of acknowledgement to Magen's words and gestured toward the ocean, a few small, silvery droplets floating into the air and dancing toward him. He used these to lure the little fish creature away from everyone else and gently picked it up when it came close enough. He kept it distracted in his arm with the droplets and stepped toward Anziium. "Is this little one yours? Quite the trouble maker." Kyriulle tried a small, friendly smile. If no one else, perhaps he could get along well with him.

Last edited:
Anziium
Mentioning:
Cyan Dragon Cyan Dragon Trektek Trektek Archie Archie bonesbo bonesbo Juju Juju

There hadn’t been a moment of hesitation as the oddity surged from the safety of Anziium’s coat and barreled straight towards the majority of the crew.Whether it had no concern for its own safety or if it simply desired to run the tiefling ragged was up for debate, as per usual.

It showed no fear towards these strangers as it trotted in their general direction. Of course, there needn't be any fear directed towards the thing, it rather harmless. From appearances, it seemed to be something of a hybrid between a clownfish and something more suited towards land, a ferret perhaps; A very slimy, squishy sea-ferret.

As Anziium struggled with clearing the mixture of saliva and water from his eyes, his familiar had already zoomed around the area in wide circles, its pudgey little legs carrying it as fast as it could. His tail waggled as it then darted towards the furthest most edge of the dock to stare into the water they would set sail upon soon. After a moment or so, it was back towards the group again, its wide-finned tail held high as it surveyed them, appearing rather pleased due to the soft chirps sounding from its throat.

Before Beaux had managed to tackle it during its adventure, it had already managed to launch up from its hind legs to snap at Zephriel’s larger set of wings. Several times it had tried, only to puff the fins along its neck once it realized it was unable to reach them. Slinking away, the fish creature had wormed its way between Magen and Hengist to continue its inspection. A curious lick brushed up the clockwork woman’s partially exposed ankle, earning a warped expression at the metallic taste that shot across its tongue. Needless to say, he didn’t attempt it again, shooting around until a set of arms wrapped around his squishy body. Beady eyed stared into Beaux’s as it squirreled about in the tightening grasp, a chirp of protest sounding as a desire to be released. Well, seems as though the mechanic wasn’t understanding the beast’s desire, therefore, it was met with an act of mild annoyance. A minor amount of water surged from its cheeks straight into the merboy’s face, causing his grip to release suddenly, leaving the critter lying belly up.

By now, the tiefling had wiped most of the mess from his face with his damp sleeve, and started his way towards the familiar. If Biel keeps up this nonsense, he better expect to swim the entire course of this journey alongside the ship, that barnacle cruncher! In the two week long period of travel, he had gotten very close to pushing every last button Anziium had. Tripping him into falling in a fountain when he was to meet at the pier, only to arrive soggy? He wasn’t too pleased. Yet this? Not only spurting him in the face, but another individual and then running around like a feral hog? Oh yeah, it was pushing his limits right now. Footsteps trained in the path of snatching up the creature, he paused as his name was mentioned.

Like that, his pissy expression dissolved into one of absolute embarrassment. He’d been seen after having thought of disappearing back the direction he had came. There was no wiggle room to back out of this now, especially as Harmmish gave each their introduction, to which he burst into a violent shade of red. If only he hair had been dry and down, he could have used it as a curtain between himself as anyone whom might have taken that moment to look at his shoddy state.

Biel was living it up though, delighted that he was free to run around without any restraint. On and off again he would attempt to nip at their heels --outside of Beaux’s-- in attempt to play, only to dart back in case they’d too attempt to snatch him. His flightful play was interrupted once more as the dancing droplets of water caught his attention, glistening in the bright streams of sunlight that surrounded them. A curious paw raised to swat at them, only for its mouth to snap shut where they once hung in the air; Kaito’s lure was an instant success, Biel following the water drops in attempt to suck them down his gullet. He waddled straight into the Kirin’s awaiting embrace, still toying with the distractions as he was brought over towards his Master.

Anziium’s heated moment of embarrassment had died away as the gnome took his leave to fetch their keys and maps, remembering once again he was striding over not to introduce himself, but rather snatch that pest back so it wouldn’t bother anyone. “Biel!” He muttered, gaze scanning the crew’s feet, not spotting him until there was a foreign set of feet directly affront of him. There was a blink or two as his mind struggled to catch up with the approach, his bronze eyes lifted to the magic-user’s, flabbergasted. Why yes, this was his constant thorn in his side. One he was about to present as a gift to the chef for the first night’s dinner if he kept up his games.

Averting his gaze with an uncomfortable clearing of his throat, he nodded softly, extending his hand. It wasn’t for a handshake, but rather a command for the creature to transfer back over towards his control. To which, Biel made no movement to do so, comfortably curled up in Kaito’s arms as though he hadn’t a clue as to what Anziium wanted. That little--

“Unfortunately, yes. He, Biel, is my very disobedient familiar. I apologize if he has troubled you in any way; He has grown rather restless in the past couple days of our trip.”

Kyriulle| Mentions: TheCrowKing TheCrowKing

Kyriulle smiled a little more when Anziium avoided eye contact with him. Perhaps it was bad of him, but he felt he wasn't the most out of place among the crew for the first time since he arrived. No, at least he was... ah. Well, he still was. He could never be fully open with any of the other crew members. Exposing his identity was simply much too risky.

Still. Making friends with at least one crew member would make this journey more enjoyable... when the alternative was staying by himself like he inwardly wanted to do and ignoring them to simply stare out at the sees. Ah - perhaps he was assuming too much, thinking of making friends. He had to have a conversation with the man - Tiefling, he had seen his kind in his travels - before anything like that.

Kyriulle shook his head lightly. "Oh, no, he was no trouble for me. In general, yes, but I feared for his safety more than worrying about the trouble he caused," he said, thinking of the way Beaux had more or less tackled the poor thing. He held the arm that Biel was clinging to in response to Aziium's gesture in an attempt to urge Biel to return to his master, though he seemed pretty content to stay in the Kirin's presence. Probably his innate magical essence, Kyriulle thought. Familiars were often attracted to that. With that thought Kaito suddenly grew nervous. Ah, what if someone picked up on that? What if Biel followed him around too much? Someone could get suspicious - Aziium especially, he obviously knew of familiars. Kyriulle paled a little, suddenly realizing he wasn't safe among any in this crew. "A-ah... he certainly is clingy, isn't he?" He said lightly, trying to play it off.

After this interaction, the Kirin supposed it was back to his original plan of staying in the background to enjoy seeing the world alone - among five others.

Last edited:
Zeprhiel tilted her chin upwards as Harmmish introduced her to the crew, pleased by the praise being showered upon her by such an esteemed explorer. Of course, his playful comment on her intelligence being greater than her crewmates was only a jest, but she knew it was true all the same. One look at this motley crew was enough to know. A few of them seemed to have a spark of intellect -- she would give them that -- while the others did not seem so gifted. In particular, a rather round looking fish creature. Its star-struck demeanour and words were painful to watch and listen to. If she ever found the dunce who taught it how to speak with such a lack of proper grammar she would surly wring their neck.

With a flick of her wings, Zephriel forced her personal opinions into the back of her mind and opened the Infinity Tomb to a blank page. Mr. Harmmish's introduction was a perfect summary for each of the crew's features and she was sure to create a profile page for each introduction. At some point in her trip, she would have to add an official portrait diagram for the library's records but for now, she simply focussed on jotting down the skillsets and titles outlined by Harmmish.

Zephriel was surprised by many of the things Harmmish said about her crewmates. In particular, she had a hard time believing that the grass-picking idiot was the crew's artisan, cook and engineer. Cook was believable, but she didn't think the scaly man even knew his way around a can-opener let alone engineering equipment! She wasn't sure what sort of species he was either. A question for another time.

"Peculiar..." Zepthriel murmured as she finished jotting down the notes on each crew member's profile.

Seeming to read her mind, the book slowly flipped between the profiles of the crew members. To say they had an interesting cast was an understatement. A serving robot (who she didn't believe to be sentient), some half-witted fish(?), a blue-haired man she suspected to be an elvish bastard, a tiefling, and of course the famous (or perhaps now infamous) Mr. Blumenthal. Speaking of which, she had a few questions.

Closing her tomb with a satisfying 'woosh' of air, Zephriel tucked it under an arm as she strode towards the captain.

"Captain Bluementhal," She spoke in a matter-of-fact tone, her eyes calculating, "I am surprised to count you amongst the crew. After the Mar Corus Gold Incident, the current records were of your imprisonment and discharge from the naval forces. Do forgive me, but I am shocked that Harmmish would risk the integrity of our endeavors on newfound infamy."

Archie Archie

BEAUX

Trektek Trektek

Beaux sat from his point on the grass, still slightly damp from the unpleasant spurt he received from the little creature, know as Biel, as Beaux heard. The little grass blanket he had been weaving was nearly the size of his wide but slender hand. He placed the green sheet over his palm and closed his fist around it, staring at the webbing between his extremities. This stupid webbing. It made him angry.

Why was he like this, who was he? What was he? He had never seen another creature like him before, no one that understood. Perhaps his excitement overwhelmed his words when he first saw Kaito, only to receive judgmental looks from the blue-haired man. The other aquatic being, the one he apparently mishandled judging from the looks he received, was incapable of communication, as it was more or less an animal. The robot woman, one that he could understand and appreciate to a deeper level, was unlike any of his robotic creations and companions - oh how he missed his work shed back home. She scowled at him, like a real person. It wasn't nice. It brought back unpleasant memories of Dula, his 'home' town.

They would scowl at him too. He preferred his shed; however dark and musty it was. But the darkness and pressure of the environment felt... right. It was much more pleasurable than the bright and hot sun of the outside. He would always have to wear a hat and eye protection, he was more sensitive to the light and heat than most of the town's occupants. Most likely due to his aquatic appearance. This lead his more-or-less foster parents to construct a pool for him near the beginning of his stay - well, he designed it and they hired others to build it. They filled the pool with water in hopes of relieving some of the heat-stress he was facing. The only outcome was the fear he felt when he faced the water, a panic when he looked into the shimmering waters, and a blackness overwhelm him.

Beaux thought he would never miss that tiny pool so much. Even though he never touched any part of it, he still preferred it to the mass of molten silver tumbling over before him, the place of his stay for the foreseeable future.

Beaux was sat out on the grassy bank, staring into the canal's waters. The woven grass was still folded into his fist- a trembling, clenched fist. The only thing that brought him from his trance was a sudden reminder that he was still there, on the bank. Beaux released the grass and instead pulled some metal components, tinkering toys and tools from the interiors of his pocket. Focusing on something he was good at was better than facing the dreads of the open waters in front of him. He laid out his legs in front of him in a diamond shape and every little tool, nut, bolt, piping, all his miniature tinkering components between them. He pulled his hat down and began to move with fast hands, assembling the little pieces into something worth while, while the others talked.

He usually liked to create something automated, a little wind up bird or frog, or something that he could spin and fiddle with even after the completion of the toy. This time, he started to build a fidget toy, but then stopped halfway through the creation to take it apart and restart. Perhaps he would go with something simpler. He recalled seeing this back in Dula as a gesture of appreciation or romantic interest. The object was rare, so it only meant more to the recipient. But this time, his little metal creation was... neither of those things. He was quite good at apologies, being in people's ways a lot. Sometimes he never realised what he did until he received a slap in the face or a scowl; sometimes he never learned.

Beaux stood up and gathered back his trinkets into his pocket, momentarily pausing when his fingers brushed against his stone. His smooth stone that he carried in his pocket. He found it on his first day, walking along to find some sort of civilisation. It was white and smooth, always cool to the touch; he liked it. So he picked it up and has kept it with him ever since. Beaux walked over to the metal woman he offended earlier, offering a small copper rose out to her.

"I'm sorrae. Dinnae mean ta offend ya. I work with metal and mechs all the time, ye are much different." Beaux held out the little metal make-shift flower to her in hopes it would ease her metaphorical ruffled feathers. The stem was constructed of a band of copper wires twisted together, some branching out and looping around to create the leaves. The petals of the rose were small plates of an old, warped copper, also bent into shape of overlapping petals. It didn't take too much craftsmanship, and it did look sort of like an adolescent did it for a schooling craft project; but, the young man felt some sort of remorse for his poking and prodding.

"If ye ever to need help, like ye shoulder, I can... Fix it. I like te think I'm quite good at thae stuff. Would like te keep ye tidy on the waters," He tried for a smile, shrugging his shoulders up as he did, "I know how much water and metal aint mix."

Last edited:
Magen was certain that after she mentioned that they should all get to know each other, that someone would have come over and struck up a conversation, at least in passing. But that ended up not being the case at all. The looks she got from the others were either the briefest of acknowledgments of what she had said, blank stares or in the case of the angelic woman carrying the book who was to be the chronicler, vast distain for her very existence. Oh boy. This journey was off to quite the start, wasn't it? And if that woman was the chronicler, than any actions that she performed would either be downplayed, attributed to someone else or just flat out ignored. Wonderful.

She decided that it would be best to be by herself off to the side, rather than near the rest of the group when she felt something brush up against and then lick her ankle. What could that be? She thought strangely, that would lick a creature of metal, well, other than a rust monster, but those she would have heard from quite a distance away and they are not small enough to avoid her gaze. As she looked down, she caught sight of the cutest creature. A fluffly but wet ball of fuzz. Such feelings of how cute it were welled up within her as she attempted to reach down and grab it to give it a hug and snuggle as it so desperately needed. But alas it was not to be as it avoided her grip and moved on to the others, though still avoiding grips here and there.

The clockwork machine watched from a distance as it eventually became a subject of conversation between it's owner and another member of the crew. Perhaps later, he'd strike up a conversation with it's owner. That would be a good conversation piece. Especially if she gets to hold the creature in her arms during it. That would just make her ecstatic.

Before she could decide what to do next, Beaux came over to her. It was surprising in itself, considering their previous interaction not that long ago, but with him came the most beautifully crafted metal rose. It was made out of odds and ends to be sure, and in actual appearance it was not that high in quality, but it was the thought and effort that went into it that touched her most of all and that alone transcended actual appearance of the object in question. In her mind, that rose was perfect and no one could tell her otherwise. The fact that it was an incredible apology only made it better and sentimental to her.

Her face lit up at the presentation of the rose and Beaux's apologies. "I accept your apology Beaux." She placed her hand in his. "And I'm sorry too. I was a bit rude in my acting as well. I was just upset."

Magen smiled at Beaux. "I would very much appreciate your help in any repairs or modifications that I might need on this journey. I would be happy to have you as my mechanic."

Gerald's Full Intro
BEAUX & HARMMISH

Trektek Trektek Archie Archie Cyan Dragon Cyan Dragon TheCrowKing TheCrowKing Juju Juju

Beaux beamed at the fact that Magen would be happy to have him. He has had not so many pleasant experiences involving his work; they sometimes had a tendency to explod- sometimes. More in the past when he was still discovering his hands.

There were several instances where unfriendly faces of his town of Dula were pounding outside his door in a rage. "Hey fish face!" was a common nickname used by a semi-orcish boy, "Your f**king chain snapped. How in the hell am I supposed to work my pa's field! We have standards, you know! I know you're in there, you codswallop!"

"If ye dinnae mind me askin'. What's yur co-" Beaux inched forward to her, gesturing to her center where her power source would mostly likely be. However, he was interrupted by the beady little man hooting and hollering as he made his way back towards the dock.

"Getchur hineys over here! Imman old man! Dontchu see me running!" Gerald was waving a manilla file in the air as he strode over, leaning heavily on his cane. "Come 'ere. Come 'ere.... Whoo. I'm out of breath!" Gerald was breathing heavily as he slowed his pace to a stop. He stood by a wooden picnic table, one that had the paint chipping away and certain tree debris permanently etched into its workings.

"Lady Zephriel Starwind!" Gerald called to the winged woman, gesturing her other to stand near him as he stood on one of the benches. He then called everyone else over, standing in an arch around himself and Zephriel. "I have here a collection of maps for your crew. As Chronicler, you are not only in charge of the past documentation but of the future navigation." Gerald laid out a large world map. The map itself was a vinyl material, water resistant. It rolled up to the left, and on the left side was a black clasp and string. "Here at EP, we're most fortunate to have access to the latest technologies in human culture, exploration, and documentation. Now, I'm old fashioned, I still prefer something physical." He tapped his cane to the map surface.

At the point of contact, a physical wave of carbonitt pixels spread up to form a 3D landscape from the center out. "But, I don't mind a bit of integration of the two, haha!" The surface of the map was now jagged, and fully depicted the terrain of the land and sea. (1568917532216.png picture the pin art thingies). However, the surface was still white and blue.

"The main setting of the map is the topography," Director Harmmish began to explain, looking to each of the crew members assembled around him. "You press this here clasp-" He gestured to the black clasp on the left, where a light was blinking blue, "-to change the settings. The different lights give different features. For example:..." Gerald tapped the clasp, and each time with a soft beep, a new picture was depicted onto the surface of the carbonitt 3D map. He scrolled through the different settings: the land and water mass names; biomes; climates; and the last one was a basic coordinate sheet with specific numbers.

"And to closer her up, just hold the button down," Gerald finished as he looked around. "But we're not done yet." He changed the setting for the map to be set on the land and water names.

"Here are a few worldly insights, for those that don't do many traveling around... Our world is very archipelagic, meaning there are lots of chains of islands and volcanoes. There's lots of volcanos, folks; I would be surprised if you are never caught up in a vent of one. Now... To start, we're here. This map will automatically log your progress along the world as you go, so this will be the one mountain near the Captain's helm. It is rumoured that The City of Lost Vesi is somewhere, underwater, in the Karkinoah Sea. But of course, the texts we have regarding the matter are very old and have gone through many lost language translations." The gnome shrugged, "That's how things work. This is also a legend, I might add. There is a possibility this city doesn't exist. But if it were to, Karkinoah is the first place I would check. The Karkinoah Sea is a very large, and empty body, and also on the other side of the world, if you haven't noticed. It will take some time for you to arrive to at least Kallio lands.

"There are also plenty of rumours that the City exists beneath a bed of coral. Dtiis Reef Wall, the Red Reef, and Trekket Cluster Reef are the major ones of our world. If you do decide to take a journey down south to Dtiis, be careful of Maat. Maat is infamous for volcanic pirates and beasts. I've gotten myself into a few skirmishes down there myself! Haha!" Harmmish gave a hefty pat to an apparently wooden thigh, covered by his clothes.

"You must also be aware that if you visit Trekket Cluster, you will be there for a long time. This Cluster is Grade A resort. To be honest, the last time I visited, I was a bit fuzzy I exited. Sirens, the Trekkler, and a ship graveyard exist in this very shallow and thriving reef. That's only the waters. The land, is absolutely gorgeous. But trees! The Trees that extend up to 800 metres tall! Create a canopy so thick and an environment so humid, only the most elite of primal tribes and clans live there in extreme secrecy! That journey was my most recent and I was- well... I'll spare you the details..." Gerald winked.

"The only other thing I will warn you about is our northern waters here in the East Buldrice Ocean. It is very shallow, very cold, very windy. It will be difficult to navigate. Lots of large and slippery sea creatures thrive in this waters and love nothing more to add to their collection of shiny wreckage b- Oh yes! The Great White Dragon! If you are lucky enough, you might encounter the most magnificent Ice Dragon soaring or swimming! However, you're not too lucky if she sees you!" He put his hands on his belly and laughed again. He was having too much fun thinking about the possible peril of the crew, perhaps.

"Now now. I know you're all eager to board and have a looksie around," Gerald removed a golden watch from the inner folds of his outfit, one that had 7 different hands moving in counter directions and speeds. "So grab you bags folks! Follow me aboard!"

Gerald rolled up the map and handed it to Zephriel before he hopped from the table and started across the crystalline dock. As soon as a foot touched the bridge, the glass raised up out of the water, shimmering in a brilliant light that was now a magnificent orange. It created a stair case up to the deck of the ship, right next to the glimmering black calligraphy that spelled out Mercury along the pristine hull. "I will provide a quick tour, and then I'll set you off with a few supplies and you can be off!"

Gerald showed the crew around the boat. On the deck was you basic flat deck. Four thick masts were bound with rope and regal white sails. The second one had a net and ladder to climb up to the crow's nest, which would remain mostly unoccupied with this crew. At the stern, the deck was raised up where the Captain would guide and direct the ship, and directly under that, level with the deck was his quarters, which were bigger than the rest. Adjacent to the Captain's quarters was the steam room, where all the mechanic work would take place. As Gerald opened the door for them to look in, a gush of warm, humid air greeted them, along with the sound of gentle humming and clanks of the steam engine starting. Downstairs on the first level (levels were numbered away from the deck), was the kitchen along the bow wall, a dining and social space in the centre, then down a hallway was the rooms and two bathrooms. There were plaque with each member's name outside the room.
Bedroom 1 - Vacant
Bedroom, across the hall 2 - Magen
BR 3 - Beaux
BR 4 - Zephriel
BR 5 - Anziium
BR 6 - Kaito

Bedroom 5 and 6 were next to the bathrooms at the end of the hall. Gerald pointed out each room. They were all equipped with basic room things like a bed, a comfy chair, shelving, cabinets, dresser, closet, etc. On the other side of the partial divide was where there was a desk and some shelves and another closet, with more space for personalisation. The rooms were in fact, quite roomy. Gerald turned to Captain Blumenthal and told him he was more than welcome to reside in the room down here, if he ever felt isolated or lonely, to join the crew down here in the Vacant Room One.

Level 2 below the deck had a flat space workspace for physical activity such as workouts or combat training or whatever. two walls along the middle side contained rotating sides for showing suits for going underwater, combat gear, tools, a supply of weapons, etc. If you can make a reasonable claim for why something would be on the wall, it can be provided. This is like the magic shop of the game, you can request something maybe a bit more powerful or out-of the ordinary and if you make a good enough claim you can have it : ). At the stern of level was the library. The library contains masses of books on multiple shelves. The outer walls were decorated in adventuring memorabilia and trophies and artifacts in glass cases. At the back was a comfortable reading lounge area with a large study table and comfortable seating.

The Basement, level 3 below, was all storage of crates and food and supplies along the walls, where then there was a giant metal door that led into a workshop. The workshop had a 'secret' staircase up to the engine room, tables, tools, equipment, what looked like a medical examination chair, a fridge and freezer, glass storage, etc, anything you would find in a lab or mechanic shop was here, somewhere.

"Beaux! I suspect that this is where you'll be spending most of your time, Haha!" Gerald laughed as he looked among the crew. He paused as he searched the faces. Beaux wasn't there. "Beaux?" Gerald questioned. "Where did he go?"

Beaux was still outside, never joining the crew on deck. He missed the entire tour. He stayed behind after the map showing, standing at the edge of the dock. He watched and heard them disappear as they went aboard the massive ship. He sat down among the silent and whispering grasses and sighed. He couldn't do this. He couldn't get on the boat. Although, the longer and longer he waited, the deeper and darker his pit of fear became.

Last edited:
Hengist
Mentions: @trektrek, Cyan Dragon Cyan Dragon , bonesbo bonesbo , Juju Juju , TheCrowKing TheCrowKing

Hengist was growing enormously impatient on the docks. All he wanted to do was board the ship, to hold a wheel again and sail through a storm! How he missed those days of slashing rations, getting sunburns, and feeling the salty mist of the ocean turn his eyes bloodshot. Those days of water shortages and port-side floggings from his cat of nine-tails. Others found the experience of seafaring utterly unbearable, so much so that they even invented a "sea-sickness" to describe an extreme aversion to the act. Hengist found every part of the experience perfect, and since his discharge was happy to finally get his hands on a new boat of his own! Surely, no one here would know of his discharge, that might lower his credibility. It seemed as if the rather attractive machine he talked to earlier had no idea.

Surely, no one else would know abo-

"Captain Bluementhal," a voice addressed. Hengist turned and put on his fakest smile. In practice, his heart was pounding with both fear and excitement for the voyage.

Zephriel, the quite fetching Seraphi who was to serve as their chronicler, faced him with a flat expression.

"I am surprised to count you amongst the crew. After the Mar Corus Gold Incident, the current records were of your imprisonment and discharge from the naval forces. Do forgive me, but I am shocked that Harmmish would risk the integrity of our endeavors on newfound infamy."

Hengist's smile vanished, and he felt a compulsive need to retaliate and generate controversy.

"Good thing he didn't make you our diplomat" he quipped back.

Hengist quickly backtracked, and realized that this was the perfect opportunity to plush up his own reputation in front of all these people. He looked around and realized that he was the only fully human member of this crew. While his own people might not have sympathized with his actions, these folk most certainly would.

"I wasn't discharged for bad exploring. I got my fleet to Mar Corus just fine. I was removed when I dared to flog human soldiers for cutting off the hands of fae-folk they accused of hiding gold from them" he added, increasing the volume of his speech. The Republic's marines severed the hands of far more than just fae-folk, but Hengist always adjusted his speech to come across as more sympathetic to whoever he was speaking to - in this case, a fellow winged creature.

"Needless to say, you lot don't seem to be the hand-severing type, so I don't expect we'll have that problem"

His voice dropped down to its normal volume as Hammish approached.

"Though - Zephriel was it?" he started, still unfamiliar with everyone's names..

"There was another reason that expedition went bottoms up. I'll confide in you when we chart our course - only you should know" he finished. A dark thought overcame him, and made his heart sink. As Hammish was fast approaching, Hengist knew he had no time to contemplate the possibility that the same forces at work in Mar Corus were present for Vesi, so he flushed it out of his head and focused on the ship.

---

On the deck, Hengist was like a boy opening is holiday present. Throughout his military career, he had never sailed a ship like this. Its bow was perfectly curved to maximize speed in the ocean. He could tell from its displacement that the bottom of the ship was relatively flat, allowing it to dock and operate in shallow water. Most importantly, the whole thing was brand new, and had every amenity that a sailor could hope for. Hammish's organization sure wasn't short on funds!

Hammish took them first to Hengist's quarters, and the wheel. Hengist couldn't resist touching the wheel, imagining himself at the helm in a storm once again. The quarters were nice, if not isolated, but, as if by design, Hammish seemed to have a solution for that as he took them down to crew quarters. Hengist peeped into the vacant room - smaller, but far less lonely. He knew he was probably going to take Hammish up on his suggestion to move permanently once the ship was well on its way.

In his apprehension, Hengist had totally forgotten that the fish-boy was no longer with them - not that he usually paid much attention to other people beside himself.

"Musta got lost" Hengist remarked when Hammish mentioned Beaux was missing.

"I'll find him"

Hengist spun and ascended up the steps to the deck. He looked for Beaux on the deck, but realized he wasn't there. Did he never even get on board the ship?. The captain took off his leather trenchcoat, which was much too hot for this weather, and dashed to the port side of the ship. He let out a sigh of relief when he saw that Beaux was still on the shore, and hadn't run or swim away. Ever the show-off, he decided to jump off the deck instead of using the plank, landing on his feet with his weight forward, which let him transition into a forward roll that ate the momentum of his fall. It was a cute trick he learned in his days in the circus.

In all his years at sea, encountering all forms of life, never once did Hengist see a fish-man like this one. He looked so odd, with that blue hair, those goggles, that weird hat and those worn clothes. At the same time, there was something strangely endearing about him. The human laid down in the grass next to Beaux, looking up at the clouds, which had briefly covered the sun.

"You know of all the people on the dock, I figured you'd be the happiest to be at sea. Besides me, I mean"

"So what's wrong? Is it the ship, the Tiefling, or me that scares ya?" he asked, the thought never crossing his mind that Beaux could be afraid of water.

Last edited:
Anziium
Mentions: Cyan Dragon Cyan Dragon bonesbo bonesbo Juju Juju Trektek Trektek Archie Archie

“Not particularly clingy, but rather very disobedient.” He exhaled softly, a smidgen of exhaustion underlying his tone as his hand fell away. Instead of forcing the familiar from Kaito’s grasp, he had taken to rummaging around in an inner pocket of his apparel for something that would do the trick. “Again, I apologize for his actions.” Anziium nodded politely, “I do thank you for your concern though. It nevers seems as though my own for him ever quite gets through that thick head of his; He causes me much grief, overall." A soft shake of his head stirred his drying hair as his hand rose from the depths of his pockets.

Resting between his stone-colored fingers sat a treat that very swiftly solved the issue at hand. Once content with thoroughly aggravating his master by remaining in Kaito's grasp, Biel now wiggled and squirmed in his arms, like a bowl of jello. He soon enough clambered out of his arms and leapt upwards onto Anziium's sodden shoulder, finally disappearing down the collared coat into its depths. "Not surprising, you piglet." The male rolled his bronze orbs in annoyance, disposing of the biscuit from whence it came --the pocket--. A mass slunk behind the interior fabric, ultimately disappearing in the general direction he had pocketed the treat. Highly possible it was an awkward sight for the magic-user, as the Tiefling simply allowed the strange creature to slither about his garments, but the expression plastered across the diplomat’s mug was unmoved.

“The creature is nothing short of a glutton.Only obeys when it wants something to stuff its gullet.” A dusting off of his hands from the fishy cookie, and his attention was called elsewhere as Hammish rapidly began to reapproach the crew, equipment in hand. It wasn’t as though he wished to crowd amongst the bits of paper, possibly brushing into someone, but it was better than being directly confronted for conversation. Although the returning of his familiar had been greatly appreciated, there was just something about forced interaction, outside of his silver-tongued conversations, that he simply couldn’t bear to stick around for. “I do believe our attention is drawn elsewhere…” The man didn’t even wait for the Kirin to process his statement, turning tail to find himself within reasonable distance of the crowding crew around the advanced map.

Personally, he hadn’t cared much to view it at first, but the vast array of settings available to them had him impressed. If he was anyone like Zephriel, he’d have been delighted to have access at such a fine piece. Hopefully, she felt the same, and would spend hours pouring over every detail of such map. Unfortunately, in his case, it would all depend upon which direction of the seas they all wished to travel. In the time between choosing a destination and approaching the desired landmass, he would have to determine which would be the best approach for the natives there, researching them if he wasn’t already too familiar with their culture. Even then, it could be for naught; Not always is there a perfect greeting, it highly possible it could turn to playing his words right with each passing comment. The best description of his role was something along the lines of playing hopscotch through a field of landmines.

Feeling particularly anxious about it, the Tiefling took to offhandedly stroking the fabric of his coat, above the pocket Biel had curled up in. It had been some time since he’d last partaken in such, but he hoped he wouldn’t be too rusty so much so that he’d get them all into a tight spot. As long as no one goes out of their way to make my work difficult, I should be alright. A penet up breath released itself slowly as they dispersed to gather their things and join Hammish aboard Mercury. Anziium hadn’t too terribly much with him outside of Biel and the duffel bag around his shoulders, yet he still went out of the way to be one of the last boarding the ship.

Throughout the duration of the tour, he hadn’t muttered a peep, merely glancing about what was to become their home for the next several years. At one point he had been thankful for the brief pointing out of the steam room, delighted as the heat warmed his chilled frame, even for such a short time. I’ll be needing to exchange my clothes before I get ill, he frowned, glancing down at his clothing when they passed by the personal quarters. Hopefully this tour will conclude soon, I see no point when he will surely become well acquainted with it in the next four years. As it was pointed out that their mechanic was absent, their captain taking it upon himself to search for him, a small bit of him relished the slowly dwindling amount of people to fret aboard this ship. He certainly wasn’t about to go out of his way to persuade the mer-boy to bring himself aboard.

Magen, for her part at least, was happy that she brought a smile to Beaux's face. It was the little things in life, such as that that had a tendency to hold importance to her. The big things all had their place of course, but sometimes, just a smile brought to someone's face, could bring about all the kinds of emotions that made life just worth living. She wasn't a hundred percent sure if everyone that was a living creature felt that way, or if it was just her who held that point of view, but it was something that she held close to her heart.

She was waiting for the question that Beaux started to ask when he was interrupted by their trip's benefactor and that at the very least was something that was worth interrupting such a moment. It was to be the time that they were going to be briefed on the ship that they were going to be staying in as well as their mission at large. The moment that they were all waiting for since before each of them arrived at this Institute.

The steamwork woman walked at a quickened pace over to the table where the old man was so as to not keep him waiting and it was worth the rush. The map that he held was most exquisite, a piece of work and treasure in and of itself. She knew some cartography, but it didn't matter cause she could just stare at that map for hours. And she might just do that in fact later if she gets the chance. She doesn't need much sleep and can in fact remain operational for days if need be. She usually doesn't though since it keeps her from operating at peek efficiency and she prefers if nothing else, to remain in peak condition whenever she can.

Now the fact that the place would most likely be under water could be problematic for her inner workings. She'd have to take care to have them all secured and covered up to prevent irreparable damage from water corrosion and the like. It might also affect her steam functions. But this would have to be something that she would have to discuss with Beaux at a later date. It was good that they were having him on board.

She followed along with the rest for the tour of the ship. A quick tour was really all that would be necessary considering how much of this voyage they were likely to be spending on this ship. She smiled as her room was pointed out. It would be everything that she would need. She quickly dropped off her luggage as it was pointed out and rejoined for the rest of the tour. She would unpack later, but really didn't want to be carrying around her spare parts in a case any longer than necessary.

A workout room would be very good for her to keep up to snuff on her fighting skills and styles and get in necessary practice to keep her abilities from getting dull in between fights. The workshop would be good for her to do repairs on herself and to enlist Beaux when she needed him. And that was when she realized at the same time as their benefactor that Beaux was not on the tour and in fact, it didn't seem that he had gotten on the ship. The Captain went to go get him and she really just stood there with the others.

How self involved was she that she didn't realize that someone she had been talking to less than ten minutes ago, was not even still close by her side. It was abysmal on her part and she would have to endeavor to do much better at that in the future. If they were exploring an island and he had gone missing like that, he might of gotten eaten by something. Her part as the defender of this crew has already been comprised as she was too distracted by something new and shiny to keep and eye on her new companion. From now on, she would do to keep a better eye on things.

"I better go check on Beaux as well." Magen left the group and headed out to the plank of the ship, watching from a distance the interactions with the Captain and Beaux.

BEAUX

Trektek Trektek Archie Archie

Beaux looked up when he heard a thump on the deck, seeing the new Captain cross towards him. The man, laid down next to him? He looked to the sky, which, in turn, Beaux tilted his head back with his eyes squinted to examine the clouds.

"Nay, I- dinnae care for the waters. There'sa distrust to 'em. I get sick thinkin bout 'em, ya ken? I'm no one for flitting. Been at the same place for all I can remember, a large journey is a wee frightnin." Beaux turned his head back down to the grass, blinking rapidly to clear the dancing colours from his vision.

Beaux took the googles from around his neck and put them up onto his eyes, momentarily brushing his hair back out of the way. He gave a groan of annoyance and stood up, removed the string from his hair and bent forward to allow his hair to cascade down in front of him, his hat falling to the ground. HIs hair was quite long, and the colours constantly changed in the sun, like glimmering tropical waters; colours of deep blue and purple and green and some lighter blues. It looked enchantingly soft too. He gathered all his hair into one fist and did a quick maneuver and tie to pull his hair up into a messy bun at the back top of his head. He stood up straight with a bit of deeper colour to his face. He saw Mage standing at the edge, and gave a small wave before he sat back down, apparently content to stay on land for now.

The boy was physically in disarray, a messy appearance, a mad genius look about him, however. He reached forward and grabbed his cowboy hat to replaced it upon his head, then turned to the Captain. "Dae ya think it exists? The city? Et's hard to discover such a legend tha' remains secret to our very wee knowledge with naythin much more than a few folk lore legends, ya ken? Surely someone that dinn- Oi!" Beaux suddenly stood up and pointed to Magen, a devious grin spreading across his face.

"Ya lass! I reckon ye beeneedin semthin ta pratek ya bonnie hide! Ye's all metal and sooch! There's nae way ye can stain oan th' waters fur tay lang withit somethin' wearin' it! De big blue is naw place for a mech specimen loike yerself." Beaux went over to one of his bags and opened it, rummaging through various clinking and clanking materials. HIs accent seemed to grow with his excitement.

"Ya tell me thaer's a lab a sorts!" Beaux looked up to Magen, pointing an adjustment tool towards her. "Ah! Jobby!" Beaux snorted then threw his toll back to his bag, placed his hands on his hips, then looked up to the boat after removing his goggles. "On tha ship, aye..." He made a clicking noise with his tongue and turned to his bag. "Aye. I suppose I hafta board tha ship..."

Kyriulle| Mentions: TheCrowKing TheCrowKing bonesbo bonesbo Trektek Trektek Juju Juju Archie Archie

Kyriulle had been searching for something else to say as the Tiefling name Anziium thanked him again for returning his familiar - and searching for an excuse to step away at the same time. He had been made nervous that Anziium and his familiar, Biel, could perhaps sense in some way he was much more inherently magical than his current physical form would indicate. He was saved from having to make the excuse himself, however, when Hammish stepped lively toward the crew and the Tiefling excused himself to approach and listen as their benefactor approached.

Kyriulle himself stayed at a bit of a distance, though the dynamic maps of the world piqued his interest. To see all the lands he hadn't yet been to that the crew would be exploring - he'd be lying if he said it didn't excite that part of him overtaken with wanderlust. As the excitable old gnome took them aboard for a tour, the Kirin stayed toward the edge of the small crowd, observing quietly from the back.

The ship was spacious and homey, with all the amenities any of them could need. As well it should be, if it were to be their home for the next few years. Their personal quarters were large as well - larger than Kyriulle's own quarters above his shop in the city, even. That was well - he would likely be spending a lot of time there. It wouldn't do to feel claustrophobic. As Hammish continued on, he didn't pay much special attention until he pointed out the medical table, at which point Kyriulle lightly pursed his lips. A single table surrounded by other stations - not much room and not very sterile. He'd much prefer an entire room to serve as his little hospital. He silently hoped Blumenthal wouldn't take the empty bedroom, as it could easily be converted. It could be kept quiet and clean and provide a good environment for healing and rest. He supposed he could take over the Captain's quarters if Blumenthal chose to abandon them but... As the wheel was located there, it wouldn't exactly be an undisturbed environment.

Kyriulle was a little relieved when the tour ended, though was a bit surprised when Hammish noted Beaux's absence. He hadn't noticed the mer-creature wasn't among them, though he suppose he should have with the fact that it was a bit... quieter. He watched at the overenthusiastic captain and Magen took it upon themselves to go retrieve him. As it was none of his business, Kyriulle himself decided to retreat to his quarters and begin to put away the few personal belongings be had brought with him. He briefly paused as he passed the vacant room and considered just going ahead and claiming it as the ship's hospital, but he was sure that would rub Blumenthal the wrong way and he didn't particularly want to be on anyone's bad side at the very beginning of the journey. With a little sigh, he continued on to his own quarters. If need be he could just make his own quarters into the hospital. Surely he could find another place to sleep if any of them were to have to rest there for more than a few hours.

Last edited:
Zephriel opened her mouth in retort but quickly shut it again. In truth it caught her off-guard, resulting in a light flush of pink across her face as she listened to the human’s alleged side of the story.

“That is not what the reports say…” she mumbled to herself, flicking the inkless quill between her fingers as she listened to the human.

Two conflicting entries were always troublesome. Did one believe the scribe, the judge, or the one who was accused? The truth was often in the middle. What had happened on the expedition was an unforgivable act of brutality, and it would only be made worse if the true culprits went unscathed. A little begrudgingly, Zeph flipped open her book and quickly scrawled in all that Blumenthal had said. There was little to back up his claims, but for now, she would consider his words. A further inquiry would be needed, but that would be saved for another time.

She was just finishing up her rushed notes when she detected a drop in the captain’s voice as he asked her name. The seraphi looked up from her notes, curious, and carefully nodded her head to let him know he had correctly remembered her name. However, she had the feeling that formalities were not the true purpose of this new conversation.

The quill’s scratching stopped. So there was something else that attributed to the expedition’s failure? She scanned the captain’s face, searching for mockery but only finding a strange dark glint. This was no joke, nor was it knowledge to be shared lightly.

Her eyes widened in a brief moment of shock before she regained her cool composure. “Of course, Captain.” She responded in an equally hushed tone and a polite dip of her head.

✧ ✧ ✧​

Zephriel turned away from Blumenthal just as Harmmish caught up with them, a scroll clenched tightly in his weather-worn hands. She leaned over the short man and observed him unroll the strange material, her eyes growing wide like a wonderstruck child when he activated the map.

“By the sun and stars, how magnificent!” she breathed, watching the map’s surface change at the turn of the buttons. Then, in realizing her outburst, coughed into her fist and straightened her posture. “Hm… I suppose it will be sufficient…” she said cooly.

She listened intently at Harmmish’s advice, writing down every point in her book at an alarming speed. After he was done, she gently took the map, “You have my thanks, Harmmish. I will be sure to study and master its functionality.”

With that, she turned and clapped her hands together, calling back to the servants who had just finished unloading her trunks from the flying carriage. They gave curt nods and silently hauled the luggage behind the group until they knew where Zephriel’s room was located.

The tour was brief, but in the glance Zeph had of her quarters, she could tell that it was quite small and ugly. Perhaps with the luxuries she had packed it would be semi-decent? The same could not be said for the rest of the ship, which lacked any sort of pleasing decor. However, aside from interior design, the thing that bothered her most was the rumbling from deep in the ship, which she assumed to be the engine (which is not even ‘active’ yet! ;P) How could sailors even sleep? Were people really content with such clumsy constructs?

Once the tour had ended, Zephriel went back to her dismal room. The servants had already unpacked many of her things, including her clothes in the dresser, feathered pillows on her bed, set up her desk. She carefully placed the map onto her desk and turned to look at her room. There was a bookshelf nearby, though she quickly noticed that it was not large enough for all her books, leaving a small pile resting just beside it.

Zeprhiel clicked her tongue in annoyance. “These manuscripts are over 300 years old!” she grumbled, lifting up one of the leatherbound books. She eyed the bookshelf, looking for somewhere to put it when she realized the most horrifying thing. The books were not arranged in the most recent organizational method for shelves under 35 meters! This method was edited and made obsolete just a week ago!

“No! The fools!” she gasped in alarm, her wings twitching. “This simply cannot do!”

She placed a hand under her chin. The map Harmmish had given her was in need of study, but she could not possibly focus knowing something in her quarters was in such disarray! Grumbling to herself, she quickly got to work. As deft as a surgeon’s blade, Zeph pulled books from their slots and replaced them in an almost blurred speed. Unfortunately, even though they had all been rearranged in meticulous order, a small stack remained. It was impossible to fit them, given the size of the shelf.

[Note: There actually IS room for the books but it wouldn’t be perfectly neat uwu]

There was only one solution, though she hated it only slightly less than a messy room. She would have to move these priceless books to the second-rate library below. With a huff, Zephriel picked up the stack and hobbled out into the hallway. The books almost obscured her face, forcing her to crane her neck to see what was in front of her. It went well for almost half a minute before the sway of the boat put her off-balance. Normally she would use her wings to steady herself, but in the cramped hallway, they were more of a hindrance.

She felt the books shift forward and cried,"Ah! Noo!" all the while diving in one last effort to save the oldest book.

There was a loud clatter of feathers, books, and rustled pages. When it settled, Zephriel was laid on her stomach, feathers puffed up and surrounded by fallen books. In her outstretched arms, she clutched onto the only book she had managed to save from falling; an old tomb bound by a discoloured, spongy leather. Engraved in a flowing gold font was the title Legends of the Deep.

“Damn it…” she cursed.

Hengist
Mentions: Trektek Trektek , bonesbo bonesbo

Hengist usually didn’t pay much attention to what other people were saying, and lost his interest in any monologue after the first seven seconds. That said, what Beaux was saying was absolutely fascinating, and Hengist raised his eyebrows. A fish afraid of water?

“You’re a fish and you can’t swim?” Hengist asked, bluntly and without manners as usual. He sat up as Beaux fixed his hair and adjusted his goggles. He squinted as the rays of light glistened off the mermans peacock colored hair, and kicked himself up, using the swing of his legs to propel his body into the air, when Beaux asked him whether Vesi existed. He could have just stood, but that wouldn’t have looked as cool.

“Why, of course the lost city exists!”

From what little he knew of Beaux, especially how excited he was to meet Magen earlier, Hengist guessed what the most persuasive thing to say after would be.

“It’s filled with inventions, machines, and contraptions the likes of which nobody has seen before. And it’s filled with people just like you!” He spewed, smiling. What made Hengist such a good liar was his experience as a performer, both on stage and in other settings. He could convince himself he was someone, or actually believed something, for a few seconds at a time. His heart genuinely started fluttering as he expounded on the glory that awaited, but which he was entirely making up.

“You know the reason I was chosen to be captain of this ship, among a large pool of applicants,” he started, raising his finger as if he were making a profound point. In practice, only a handful of captains every generation had ever been commissioned to explore anywhere. It was likely that Hammish picked him because he was the only option.

“Is that I’ve actually met a crew full of people who’ve visited Vesi. They all died in a storm after,” he continued, dropping his voice just a little bit but then resuming his excitement.

“But they told me all about it before!”

Of course, nothing Hengist has said was true. He knew absolutely nothing of Vesi - the legends of the city’s wealth could prove just as false as the “treasure of Mar Corus”. It didn’t matter, however, as Beaux wasn’t already working himself up in his own way. He was rummaging through his bag, and his accent multiplied as if he had inhaled some sacred fumes from the Golden Temple.

Hengist scratched his head as he tried to piece together what Beaux was saying, when Magen appeared on the deck and got Beaux’s attention. Hengist scowled and felt a wash of anger at the idea that he, even for a split second, wasn’t in the spotlight. Still, while the captain could understand nothing that the mer-man was saying, it seemed as if Beaux had resolved to get back on the ship.

“That’s the spirit!” Hengist exclaimed, clapping Beaux on the shoulder so hard it would cause a normal person to stumble. He didn’t exactly know what the “spirit” was - Beaux mentioned something about a lab, and Hengist wasn’t sure why he wanted to get back on be ship all of a sudden, but that wasn’t the point! Hengist smiled knowing that whatever it was, it was working, and that was good enough.

Hengist ascended is the plank and looked at Magen.

“Is there a place we can spar here? I’m getting a little rusty” he said. It took him a moment to realize the irony in what he just said, but when he did, Hengist just smiled and pretended the joke was intentional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back