• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy JOURNEY THROUGH SUNBALLE: THE GOLDEN THRONE (OPEN)

Wayne

Local writer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
SUNBALLE1.png

CONGRATULATIONS TRAVELER!

After twelve summers of hard work, the construction of the airships have been finalized and our studies have provided us with important information about your travels.

The airships will be leaving early morning and the flight will take a day, our airships will be stationing close to an unknown city at the edge of the floating island, it is important to know, as we had no kind of contact with the locals that there is potential danger from the moment our airships pass the clouds, if the reception is negative, you are instructed to fight off any potential threat to you and the other expeditioners.

However, in the case of peaceful reception, our main mission is to bring useful and rare materials back to the mainland, you are not obligated to do so, but will be rewarded greatly for any kind of species, seed, material you bring that are not present in the mainland. The airships will remain stationed for one month, any passenger that loses the flight back will have to remain in Sunballe until another expedition is launched.

~ The Sunballe expedition council.

SUNBALLE2.png

WELCOME TO SUNBALLE
Welcome players, this is my first roleplay here in RPN, I have decided to start with a medieval fantasy setting. I have been roleplaying for a few years but have never properly tried to run a RP myself, so this is my first attempt at it, thank you for taking a look at it! The roleplay will work through SEASONS (kind of) with each season having a villain of its own. Dragons, demons and so on, having the characters (who may or may not change through seasons) fighting world-ending scenarios in each new season. This is the first season of "Journey through Sunballe" and with each new season, new dangers and new playable species will be added!

LORE PAGE LINK

The lore page of the roleplay will be regularly updated every week or so, new information will always be marked red for a few days before it turns white to fit in with the rest of the page. User submitted lore will be reviewed and if accepted will be added to the lore page to, for example wars, political figures and so on can all be added if I decide it is good enough for the plot, but please send me a message first as I must read it before adding it to the lore page.

CHARACTER SHEET LINK

I will add one character as an example for you all to follow, I’m new here so I don’t expect you to add those complex coded character sheets or something. You are free to do it however you want, but I will be making the first sheet so you can use it as an example if you wish to do so. In this roleplay I decided to limit the character per player to 2 and no more than that.

SUNBALLE3.png

INFO
The LORE page of the roleplay will work the same as a game menu. There will be several different posts, each of them tackling a different aspect of Sunballe, such as lore, the bestiary, magic and so on.

While the races of the roleplay are taken directly from DnD, it is simply done for looks, so you don’t have to base yourself on DnD rules. Races will have a separate post dedicated to it that will be expanded upon as the roleplay goes on.

This roleplay will be rated M, there will be moments were the story may take dark turns and violence will be a common topic in the story, however please do keep in mind that RPN rules still apply, do not over exaggerate on things, keep it civil.

Magic will be explained in the LORE page!

RULES
These are to be followed, failure to comply will result in your character being removed from the roleplay.

1. The roleplay is 18+
2. All RPN rules apply here.
3. May I reinforce the fact that races that originate from SUNBALLE are NOT playable, only those that come from the old continent.
4. You are not allowed to control ANY other player’s character.
5. All players are meant to have the spotlight at some point.
6. You should reply to the RP at least once per week, if unable to attend or busy, please send a message.
7. Keep your characters balanced.
8. No godmodding.
9. Characters will be reviewed before being accepted.
10. This roleplay is intermediate to advanced so I expect at least a few paragraphs per post, but if you have no other way but to reply with a short message, that is ok too, but do not make it a common occurrence.

Last edited:
OOC will be in RPN! But I'm still working on some of the pages like the CS and the OOC

There are some steampunk elements, for example dwarves in this world are more advanced when it comes to technology, in fact they were the main people behind the airship, so they also have those black powder rifles and so on, but rifles are produced by dwarves for dwarves with rarely any exceptions. To counter that, there is also magic but elves are better at using it than humans or dwarves so it's a pretty mixed world.

I suggest taking a quick look at the lore page too since I'm adding some info about magic and what each race has as well as a bit about the world!

Are there any specific type of magic spells/effects you would want to avoid players using?

Magic is mostly tied to the basic elements with few exceptions, I'll also have a post in the lore page explaining all different kinds of magic (which will probably have new kinds with each season) but we are avoiding any magic spells tied to:

• Necromancy
• The manipulation of light or dark.
• Blood magic

For now I don't think we should have any kind of spell that can make a fight too easy, I'm going to give you guys some freedom into manipulating the elements but there should be a certain limit to your character's abilities, specially if they wield the more common catalyst crystals (read about it on the lore page), for now I'm working on another magic post tied to each available type of magic element.

It's also important to know that each magic spells consumes a certain amount of vital energy, it literally drains your life, so powerful spells can take a few years off your character's life and maybe even kill them, so the idea is to be careful

Seems interesting, I like the twist of magic being a deadly force, kind of reminds me of how it worked in Dark Sun.

Still reading the lore page but wow! I'm really enjoying this, would love to be apart it.

Very intriguing! I love a good classic high fantasy setting, and the exploration aspect and 'seasons' of story sound interesting.

If you don't mind, I have some questions about the background of the expedition. Who makes up the Expedition Council/how was that formed? How were people recruited/chosen to join? What do most of the residents of the old continent know about Sunballe (I'm assuming not much), and will those who join the expedition gain access to any more information before it begins?

Thinking about what sort of reasons folks would have for joining, and how their expectations may be challenged in interesting ways later.

Interesting questions!

Well the expedition council was formed at the beginning of the project, by the dwarves as a way to keep track of progress and have some kind of control for the people trying to join the expedition. They decided it would be best to have some people from other nations in the council to have a more neutral party.

The only exception was ARASSON for their lack of empathy towards other nations and their constant attacks against WESTMOUNT, this means that elves originating from Arasson were mostly denied entry to the airship with very few exceptions. GRELMAND was barely a nation after the war and with no ruler they were also left out of the council, but their citizens could be granted access to the airship.

The airship had limited space, so at the beginning of its construction there was a massive sign up campaign where people could send letters to the council with their information, jobs and so on. Some chairs were obviously reserved for nobles but a lot of space in the airship was granted for mercenaries and explorers to have money flowing and so they could bring interesting finds back to the mainland. The main "idea" of the council is to conquer the land, although it isn't stated anywhere but they have barely any knowledge about Sunballe so they are looking to take some space of it for themselves and create some colonies around the land.

Mercenaries were promised work and explorers were promised to be payed handsomely for any find they could bring back to the council. But actual "information" about the continent is non-existent, no one had ever even visited Sunballe or seen it, its discovery in the skies is what led the council to be created and the airship to be built.

The people who were recruited to join were chosen based on their background or work, every person in the airship is supposedly capable of defending themselves and should be more than willing to protect the airship against any creature that lives in Sunballe but they are also free to explore the land, it's up to them to come back before the airship leaves (which will take a while but our characters won't be returning to the old continent).

I think that covers everything, but if you still have questions feel free to ask!

Quick update!

• Essential lore will be added today!
• Will be posting the CS later today!
• OOC will also be opened!

Interested in participating in this. I haven’t played a Dwarf in a long time so I’m gravitating toward that as my character base.

CHARACTER SHEET POSTED!

My character isn't finished but I wanted to get it out so you guys can start submitting if you want!

For the time being I will be reviewing characters, there is no player limit for the time being, but I will eventually lock it out if we get a lot of characters

[!] MAX OF 1 CHARACTER PER PLAYER

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back