• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom JoJos Bizarre Adventure: Blazing Hearts [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lunar Lunar can you please include links to the main rp on this channel and on the character channel? I can't get to my reply because I can't reach it

Heyo, quick question before I get started: since you seem okay with somewhat more out there concepts like an angry sentient bike, would you be okay if I pulled a retro and played a Ripple character rather than a Stand user?

Everyone loves Stands and the fabulous style of later arcs, but I still really like the "martial arts and macho men" inspiration of Part 1 and 2 and I think it can work nicely for character variety.
I think the problem for that is simply that a stand usee would beat any ripple user, since they wouldn't be able to see the stand

I think the problem for that is simply that a stand usee would beat any ripple user, since they wouldn't be able to see the stand

Or we can just count ripple users as being able to see and interact with Stands, like all the crossover stuff does, because they're both supernatural spiritual powers from the same universe. And there's the fact that the kanji for "Stand" literally read as "ghostly ripple" so it presents a neat thematic link to be played with on a meta sense, and the Spin having direct links to some Stands in Arc 7 sets further precedent we can use. IDK I don't think it's much of a stretch to be the magical punchman instead of having a magical punchman ghost.

Last edited:
I mean, that kinda goes against cannon though. One of the rules of a stand is specifically that only stand users can see stands. But a ripple-like stand would be interesting

Now that I think about it, I wonder what would happen if a close range power type stand like Star Platinum would be like if Jotaro could use Hamon... well other than the fact that DIO would have instantly died the moment he got hit.

I mean, that kinda goes against cannon though. One of the rules of a stand is specifically that only stand users can see stands. But a ripple-like stand would be interesting

Okay but why have "a ripple-like stand" when the ripple is also available as a part of JoJo, in fact it's the original spiritual energy. And why insist on a rule that's in place purely to separate the supernatural protagonists and antagonists and place them in their own unique world in this case, when the Ripple is as supernatural an element and Stand rules are played fast and loose with a number of examples existing to contradict most if not all of the other ones.

It's really as simple as thinking "Ripple is a form of supernatural spiritual energy, therefore those attuned to it can also perceive other supernatural phenomena".

But Stand users can see ghosts while normal people can't. I think it's the same logic.

Since I realize that my concept is going to be ridiculous no matter when I pitch it, how's a Stand-using unfrozen Neanderthal sound? Any JoJo gang could use a Mikitaka, after all.

Well no, the ripple is a martial art technique while stands first came from an extraterrestrial virus

The Ripple is a form of spiritual energy, which can be harnessed through martial arts practices. Stands are a manifestation of spiritual energy. They're both linked very directly to the user's power of will manifesting supernatural phenomena. The extraterrestrial virus is something that comes up vaguely once and then never again and carries absolutely no weight to the fact that ultimately stands are spiritual manifestations, see: Anubis being a posessed ancient sword.

I'm not sure why you seem so deadset against this very basic idea that can be easily worked into anything JoJo quite seamlessly since everything about the actual works supports it and crossover materials already do it. Yes Ripple is primarily manifested through martial arts and I like that, I'd enjoy being the guy that does kung fu instead of manifesting a magical superpower ghost, variety is really quite nice you know.

I'm not trying to say you can't do that. It's a cool idea. I guess I'm just saying that for all we know, a ripple user wouldn't be able to see stands. But it's not concrete (because Araki is so vague and inconsistent), so it could be possible.

Aloha everyone! Howzit hangin’?
Pretty good, just having a chat about the JoJos and what I'd like to do for the game.

I'm not trying to say you can't do that. It's a cool idea. I guess I'm just saying that for all we know, a ripple user wouldn't be able to see stands. But it's not concrete (because Araki is so vague and inconsistent), so it could be possible.
Which is kinda my point, there's enough fun links between Stands and the Ripple, sometimes in a meta way you can get creative with and with parallels to the Spin to boot, and the "rules" are so fast and loose that this is easily, readily doable with absolutely no issue.

Which is kinda my point, there's enough fun links between Stands and the Ripple, sometimes in a meta way you can get creative with and with parallels to the Spin to boot, and the "rules" are so fast and loose that this is easily, readily doable with absolutely no issue.
Alright yea, i gotcha. Sorry if I came off as "YOU CANT DO THAT, IT'S NOT CANNON"

Just wanna say, sorry it's taken me a bit to get my character sheet up. I've been busy with irl stuff, but I promise I'll get it done quickly and soon!

How should I introduce Ezra into the RP?
Enter into the RP at your own discretion, i would encourage you to make it lore friendly in a good way instead of like yknow this basic self insert; ex: have a motivation or a mission you're on that happens to run into the squad.
But by all means don't be afraid to join, i dont wanna stop people from RPing, though we are reaching the limit of characters i'd like LMAO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back