Opinion Job Application Advice?

SheLuvsMusic

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone might be able to offer some general advice for some issues I've run into while looking for jobs post-college. I applied to a job and got an interview offer, however the interview was a group interview scheduled during a day I was going to be out of town for a wedding. I sent them an email back letting them know that I'm interested, but unfortunately have the wedding commitment. I asked if they had another one scheduled that I could attend. I received no response. I assumed this meant they didn't have another interview scheduled, however, I noticed that they're still hiring today, a whole 3 weeks later. I still really want this job. Should I reapply? Do you think I could just send a general email explaining that I applied a few weeks ago but couldn't make the scheduled interview? I just think it's bad luck that they had the first one scheduled during a time I couldn't attend, and I feel like I'm being punished for keeping a commitment. I think I'm qualified for the job and they'd be missing out if they didn't at least interview me.

Tbh there's no harm in doing both :) re-apply for it just in case, and send the email to reconfirm you're still interested. It shows you're eager and genuinely interested in the position. Worst they can do is say no!
I've reapplied for the same job on many occasions after noticing multiple advertisements.

I had to reapply for a group interview, too.
I'll not go into detail in how it turned out, but the point is this:
If the company is a big franchise, there is a good chance they didn't notice. They may have, and will probably appreciate you letting them know, but if they haven't there shouldn't be any repercussions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back