• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Jeffrey and Chris

Chris took Lana into his arms and sighed heavily giving a small nod. The truth was that he would have Lana in one if he could afford it but there was no way he could with what he made at the ranch. He took Lana to the car and buckled her up kissing her forehead "Im sorry princess."

Max layed against him and gave a small laugh kissing him gently as she cupped his cheek "I doubt he would kill you, he loves you too much." She said truthfully knowing that him and Daryl were blood brothers til the end. She ran her fingers through his hair frowning softly "You need a hair cut, its getting a bit long."

He smiled and kept her close. “Hmm.... not really top priority at the moment sweetheart.” He pointed out and just trailed patterns over her arms while they lay there until he heard everyone else starting to get up and he sighed a bit. “Lie in over now.” He mumbled.

Lana just sat there with her arms crossed and didn’t speak to him the whole way home going inside and going straight up to her room and sat down with her toys until it was time for them to go to the parent teacher evening.

Max gave a small laugh and kissed him gently stroking his cheek. She heard the others and groaned some cuddling him "Nooo if we stay quiet maybe they won't mess with us." She whispered pulling the blankets over them to make it look like they were sleeping

Chris sighed heavily as he walked into the school holding Lana's hand while she took him to her classroom. As he walked in he saw her teacher speaking with another family "Lana you wanna show me your projects?" He asked her seeing all the other kids had arts and crafts on their desks.

Lana frowned some and shook her head. “I don’t have any.” She told him but showed him her desk where she sat in the corner and there were a couple of writing projects on there but nothing else but eventually it was their turn to go speak to Haley and she dragged him over there sitting down and fiddling with her backpack she’d brought with her.

He chuckled a little and kissed her head. “Sweetheart, they already know we’ve been up. The coffee will still be hot.” He pointed out and chuckled a little slipping his arms around her gently. “Come on. Time to get up.” He murmured kissing her cheek then got out of bed and went to get dressed quickly, heading downstairs.

Chris bit his lip as he walked up and sat down at the teachers desk "Hello Ms.Ramirez, I'm Chris, Lana's uncle." He told her now properly introducing himself as he shook her hand. As they let go he let out a breath he hadn't known he was holding in. He glanced over at Lana and gave a small sigh seeing how upset she looked. He knew her mother would be all over this, she was always good with handling the school things even when they were younger.

Max watched him get dressed and smiled as she got up and put on actual clothing instead of just one of Jeff's old t-shirts that he never wore. She walked down with him greeting everyone with a good morning of some sorts. She sat down at the table watching Daryl come down last and instantly take Jeff to talk about something away from everyone else.

Haley smiled st them and glanced over at Lana for a moment “Lana I think Mrs Malcolm is doing some snacks in the cafeteria you wanna go get some cookies and juice?” She asked her watching her rush off happily. “I need to ask a few difficult questions. I don’t want to upset her.... where uh... where have her parents gone?” She asked him. She knew her parents and had met them a couple times but the school had still been told absolutely nothing about what had happened to them.

He frowned and walked with Daryl taking a seat on the side of a couch. “What’s the job then? And then I need to talk to you about something else.” He muttered running a hand through his hair. Max was right. He definitely needed a haircut.

Chris watched Lana go before he turned his attention to the teacher taking in a deep breath as she asked about his sister and brother in law "They um....they were in an accident about a month ago, they didn't make it so um...I'm Lana's guardian now." He explained calmly. It was still hard for him to talk about it but he knew this day would come where he would need to speak with the school.

Daryl nodded some and sipped the water he had in his hand "Pharmacy run, take Brian with you wanna see how the kid does." He mumbled "Just the essentials alright? Take Mandy as look out if you want." He said running a hand through his long greasy dark brown hair "Whats up man? Everything alright?" He asked noticing how Jeff looked to be in deep thought.

He frowned and watched him. “Yeah about that... I don’t want Brian anywhere near her. He’s creeeping her out and all he’s doing is trying to make her look bad to everyone else.” He muttered. “He’s not a good fit for us.” He told Daryl. “Secondly, why am I on a pharma run? That’s Jacks job.” He muttered crossing his arms.

Haley just nodded slowly and watched him. “Well I’m very sorry to hear that. You understand that the school should have been notified. Lana has been refusing to take part in any arts and crafts projects. She barely talks to any of her friends anymore. She really only talks to me and at lunch time she chooses to come and sit with me.” She explained “Also she continues to come to school with dirty clothes, her hair is often tangled and her lunch box is filled with treats and snacks instead of a proper lunch.” She explained guessing now that Lana had been left to sort her own packed lunch out.

Daryl frowned some as he listened to him "Look Mandy can get off training him, I got Jack runnin' another one not too far from here. Wanted you on this small one." He explained finishing off his water "Brian is staying though, boy hasn't shown anything wrong to me."

Chris sighed heavily and nodded some "Look I'm doing my best here but....I'm not the father type M'am. I never have been, I took Lana so she wouldnt be in the system but this is all new territory to me." He explained running a hand over his face "I work long hours and weekends but I'm doing my best to make this work for the two of us."

She frowned watching him a little and took a deep breath. “Tell you what... I don’t have time to have a long debate right now.... but... if you can pick her up on Monday then when you come to get her... we can discuss some options so that the school is there to help support her as well. I understand how difficult this can be.” She explained gently. He was incredibly good looking and he seemed to care a lot about his niece.

Jeff nodded in agreement. “Alright. Deal. Also I don’t know why you still use her fake name around me. Im the one who told you her name after all Jake.” He chuckled a bit and stood up to go get max ready for them to go.

Chris nodded and took in a deep breath "Alright we can make that work." He murmured softly looking at hrr teacher giving a small toothless smile. She was an attractive woman no doubt about that and he was glad to see that she actually seemed to care about the well being of her students.

Daryl chuckled some dhaking his head a bit "Habit man, plus you don't know who could be listening." He said letting his paranoia come out a little bit. He watched his friend head towards the door before he yelled "Negan! Make sure to get extra protection, I'm runnin' a bit low." He said letting out a hearty laugh as he waltz over clamping a hand on his best friend's shoulder

He rolled his eyes some but chuckled. “Alright casa nova.” He muttered and walked off again going to find max, slipping his arms around her. “You’re with me today gorgeous.” He murmured to her.

Haley agreed on it with him then went through a few other bits of how she was doing in class before it was time to speak to the next family.

Max smiled softly and glanced back him "Oh yeah? Whats it goong to be today?" She asked softly as she cupped his cheek while her other hand placed itself ontop of his.

Chris nodded softly and went to find Lana after they finished their conference. He smiled as he found her in the library with a juice box and a book "Hey princess ready to go?" He asked softly as he kneeled infront of her.

He smiled and pecked her cheek. “Pharma run.” He told her. “Just us two baby.” He smiled.

Lana was swinging her legs a little and nodded at him. “Okay. Can we have ice cream tonight please?” She asked him quietly. “I want bubblegum.” She told him.

Max smiled softly and swayed with him a bit "Oh thats easy, but I thought Jack ran Pharma runs?" She said raising an eyebrow in confusion

Chris chuckled some and nodded "You can have some ice cream with dinner, how about we get some mcdonalds?" He asked as he picked her up

Lana nodded and held onto him letting him carry her out to the car. “Did you get in trouble with miss Ramirez?” She asked him. “She really really nice and I don’t want you to make her mad.” She told him.

He smiled and nodded. “I know. Apparently he’s doing another one across town. Also you don’t have to watch Brian anymore. Someone else is going to. Come on. Let’s get going.” He murmured taking her hand and heading out to get one of the cars.

Chris took her to the car and shook his head as he buckled her up in her booster seat "No I didn't get in too much trouble, but we are gonna do our best to make sure that everything goes right for you from now on okay?" he explained before he kissed her forehead and shut the door to the car. He got in the drivers seat and drove her to Mcdonalds chuckling as she practically dragged him inside "Okay okay, I'm coming kiddo!" he laughed

Max nodded letting out a sigh of relief when he said she would no longer be in charge of Brian. She followed him out and sighed heavily "So what bait today babe? My wife is having heart issues again? Or we could do the asthma attack one." she said as she rummaged through her bag of props for their fake stories. This was always their scheme, one of them has an accident in the store and while everyone is trying to tend to the injured the other person went to grab what they needed, though they only used this method for small simple runs like the one they were on today.

Lana nodded and smiled a little holding her favourite blanket close while they drove to get food then told him what she wanted once they were inside before running off to the play area at the back looking a bit more energetic than she had the past few weeks.

“Asthma attack works best doesn’t it?” He smiled at her and took her hand in his, interlacing their fingers. “I love you.” He murmured to her. “So very very much.”

Chris gave a smile as he ordered the food. He brought it to the play area smiling at how happy Lana seemed in that moment. He was glad to see she was still the little girl he remembered.

Max nodded with a smile "I love you too." She murmured. After the finished the job they sat parked outside of a park looking over what they had grabbed only Max her eyes glued on the children playing around.

Lana ran over to him and sat down to eat happily. “Uncle Chris when can I go riding again?” She asked him. It used to be a once in a while treat for her whenever they visited him but now she was down at the stables all the time riding or not.

He was trying to take inventory, asking her how many of the painkillers they had. “Max... Hey!” He yelled a little trying to get her attention, eventually clicking in front of her face. “Hello! Earth to wifey. Let’s get this done. What are you looking at anyway?” He muttered

Chris gave her a smile as he munched on some of the french fries he had gotten for himself "How about this weekend, I don't have a show." He said happily. He had been doing rodeos as of late to try and make some extra cash which had been a big help for them but thankfully this weekend it was an off one.

Max blinked her eyes and shook her head some looking over at him with saddened eyes "Did you know....they wouldve been 7 this year?" She whispered looking down at the stock they had counting over everything in her head.

He sighed heavily and reached over taking her hand tightly in his. “I know sweetheart I know.” He murmured. “But we’ve talked about this. This isn’t a life for a child.” He mumbled watching her carefully for a moment.

Lana nodded excitedly and ate all her food then went back to the car with him to go home.

Max frowned more and gave a small nod letting a tear fall quickly wiping it away "We would have beem good parents..." she whimpered looking up at him "We couldve made it work."

Chris gave a small smile as he finished up and took her home gathering all her clothes as she went to bed and got them in the washer so she could have clean clothes for the next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back